PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW going to 3 hours!

MattTY2JHBK
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey Guys & Dolls :D,

Starting on July 23rd, the 100th episode of WWE RAW will expand from 2 hours to 3!
What are everybody's thoughts about this?
Also, what are your opinions on the new internet concept that will be the new creative change to the show?
Apparently, this will involve new ways in which the fans can influence the show through social media, contributing to such things as match-types, stipulations and character development...

Wow... Thoughts? ;)

Robstar
05-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Pre-show...

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
It can be a good thing but they need to bring something back to help fill time. Cruiserweights will be a nice fit. Hopefully we will see some longer matches and some Superstar Superstars get some spotlight.

JSullivan
05-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Excellent.

pauadrian
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah they are going to be having a preshow. That's it

JSullivan
05-17-2012, 04:23 PM

Fuck sake.

That sucks mad dick.

Vegas
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM

where did you hear this?

pauadrian
05-17-2012, 04:31 PM
where did you hear this?

It was on the main newsboard I believe, if not here is an article

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/254631-wwe-starting-raw-events-on-monday-earlier-possible-new-show

LMPunker
05-17-2012, 04:36 PM
i dont love it because it didnt work for wcw not saying it wont work just its not broken so why fix it

Tommy Thunder
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
It was on the main newsboard I believe, if not here is an article

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/254631-wwe-starting-raw-events-on-monday-earlier-possible-new-show

The report on EWN here says nothing about it being a pre-show. It just says that Raw is going to be 3 hours long from the 23rd of July onwards.

Either way, even if it turns out to be a pre show for the extra hour, that's great iMO. More coverage for us to watch.
I can't understand why the young man underneath me is so mad about it being a pre-show, if that turns out to be the case.

Fuck sake.

That sucks mad dick.

Why are you so mad that it's a pre-show?

MattTY2JHBK
05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
i dont love it because it didnt work for wcw not saying it wont work just its not broken so why fix it
At the end of the day, it all comes down to how the show is booked. WCW is an example of what COULD happen if it is not presented correctly.
Think about it, it could be an excellent opportunity to showcase new talent, provide more time for the divas and tag divisions, and allow for more storylines to get over, IF booked accordingly.

URATOOL
05-17-2012, 04:41 PM
If they stopped showing reruns of the previous RAW and Smackdown constantly throughout the show and cut down some of the overly long promos they have each week, they wouldn't need an extra hour. Lets hope it's filled to the brim with wrestling and not just an excuse for more of the above.

johnnydropkicks
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
sometimes I feel like RAW should have been longer. hopefully this will help them fill it out when it's missing either a good match or a nice promo or something. and hopefully this means some undercard action on RAW. good news! this and the ppv preshows on youtube is some pretty sweet

MattTY2JHBK
05-17-2012, 04:45 PM
What are everyone's thoughts of the social media aspect of it?
Apparently it is going to include new fan interaction, involving matches, stipulations and development?

URATOOL
05-17-2012, 04:51 PM
What are everyone's thoughts of the social media aspect of it?
Apparently it is going to include new fan interaction, involving matches, stipulations and development?

I think it'll be the usual load of bollocks. Like when the fans at the shows 'vote' for the same stuff. They'll just fake the results and do what they want to do anyway.

johnnydropkicks
05-17-2012, 04:52 PM
i think it'll be the usual load of bollocks. Like when the fans at the shows 'vote' for the same stuff. They'll just fake the results and do what they want to do anyway.

mason ryan! People power!

MattTY2JHBK
05-17-2012, 04:54 PM
I think it'll be the usual load of bollocks. Like when the fans at the shows 'vote' for the same stuff. They'll just fake the results and do what they want to do anyway.
I think this could happen, but I hope it doesn't.
What is the point of the WWE promoting this new concept, where the fans can decide what they want, just to choose the results that THEY want?
It's backwards thinking if you think about it...

pauadrian
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
The report on EWN here says nothing about it being a pre-show. It just says that Raw is going to be 3 hours long from the 23rd of July onwards

I don't know if it was on here that I read it. I did read somewhere that they were thinking of having a preshow.
I hope it's not a preshow though

URATOOL
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
I think this could happen, but I hope it doesn't.
What is the point of the WWE promoting this new concept, where the fans can decide what they want, just to choose the results that THEY want?
It's backwards thinking if you think about it...

They've done it before. Several times.

MattTY2JHBK
05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
They've done it before. Several times.
They sure have, I just don't know why they do it?

johnnydropkicks
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
They sure have, I just don't know why they do it?

because it's pro-wrestling and lies and egos are the the minutiae of what it does?

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't know if it was on here that I read it. I did read somewhere that they were thinking of having a preshow.
I hope it's not a preshow though

EWN just got some words in on it as well

We reported earlier that WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)’s RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW) tapings will be starting an hour earlier. There is no word yet on whether the extra hour will be the rumored pre-show. It's possible it'll be a hype/recap show for the normal two hour 9-11EST show.

johnnydropkicks
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
if it's just a pre show it's gonna be boring. it must be more why would USA say yes to a bland pre show?

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:32 PM
if it's just a pre show it's gonna be boring. it must be more why would USA say yes to a bland pre show?

because it's USA?
I have never been overly impressed with their business decisions, and they essentially let WWE walk all over them, so I can see why they would capitulate now.

pauadrian
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
EWN just got some words in on it as well

Well then I just beat EWN....................again :D

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Well then I just beat EWN....................again :D
indeed you did speedy

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
looking more and more like some shitty pre-show with no matches

WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE) announced during USA Network's upfront presentation that RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW)will go to three hours in a permanent basis starting with its 1000th episode on July 23rd. The show will air from 8 PM – 11 PM every Monday and will have "interactive elements" during the first hour that will lead to matches and stipulations in the last two hours. Because of the change, WWE (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=WWE)Superstars (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=Superstars) will be fully taped on Tuesdays before SmackDown. As of right now, it appears the first hour of RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW) will be a pre-show/hype show before the normal two-hour RAW (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=RAW) airs. It'll feature recaps and hype for that week's show. A live match or two may be featured from time to time but not on a weekly basis.

of course, that is based on the veracity of EWN's reporting, and it may just be rumor

pauadrian
05-17-2012, 05:53 PM

I did it again :p

Tommy Thunder
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM

of course, that is based on the veracity of EWN's reporting, and it may just be rumor

If that's the case, then I hope they do away with all the hype packages they usually include in the normal 2 hours of Raw, meaning more action and promos.

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:59 PM
If that's the case, then I hope they do away with all the hype packages they usually include in the normal 2 hours of Raw, meaning more action and promos.

that would be a suitable compromise.

Grind_Bastard
05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
that would be a suitable compromise.

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/rexo_de_rauda/Stingiagree.jpg

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-17-2012, 06:52 PM
I hope they dedicate that one hour to the cruiserweights.

The Brown One
05-18-2012, 02:42 AM
IMO this change isn't going to be beneficial to ratings unless the WWE use it wisely. If the preshow rumors hyping up the next 2 hours of the show are true, then don't expect anything special - we see enough of those replays during Raw and the other shows.
If they use the extra hour like they usually do with 3 hour Raws - having more comedy segments with Santino and Brodus Clay, more Smackdown talent appearing e.g. Orton and Kane, then there won't be any change in ratings either, as proven in the past.
They ought to promote the midcarders, and younger talent. That way they will get exposure and helps to build the main eventers of the future.

Y2jpunk
05-18-2012, 03:49 AM
It can be a good thing but they need to bring something back to help fill time. Cruiserweights will be a nice fit. Hopefully we will see some longer matches and some Superstar Superstars get some spotlight.

Hahah wtf.. Brock is doing one arm 'refree' row :P

Lowki
05-18-2012, 04:31 AM
We can influence things now? Finally, Hornswoggle as world champion!

ELNIOJR
05-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Didnt see that coming, and I dont know what to say. Raw for 3 hours, iMPACT going Live...Hmm!

PSOjedi
05-18-2012, 08:50 AM
I always wanted that. More TV time for guys in the locker room who are not on RAW each week.

Excellent

AlexWorldOrder
05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
In my opinion.. I probably won't be able to sit through it. Not to sound like every idiot out there, but 3 hours of pg wrestling sounds like a pain, and I mean that in the fact that they'll try to fit every single thing that gets them cash. Be ready to see more random movie actors and tv show guests whoring their shit. This is also the same fuckin mistake Nitro made back then. 3 hrs is just too much for me. Wrestling is looking good during the week though.. I'm happy for those that love 3 hr Raw's and now Impact is going live weekly. Good shit.

Bodom
05-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Clearly this means those Revolution videos are teasing the Kiss Demon

AlexWorldOrder
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Clearly this means those Revolution videos are teasing the Kiss Demon
Bahahahaha!
Im definitely down for a brand new version of Shockmaster.

PSOjedi
05-19-2012, 12:00 PM
The only negative point I see in this 3 hours RAW thing, is that I will have to listen to that annoying Michael Cole more than before.....

Cabers
05-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Just another hour of recaps and promos from the likes of big johnny, no midcarders or lower guys will benefit from this imo.

PSOjedi
05-19-2012, 03:14 PM
no midcarders or lower guys will benefit from this imo.
I hope they will