PDA

View Full Version : Not Your Average Theme Thread

SESAfro
05-16-2012, 10:29 PM
I know I'm not the only person that has noticed how absolutely terrible the "Diva's" theme songs are? For example; Maxine's theme doesn't appeal to her AT ALL. It's so extraordinarily poppy and cheerful. It would be more suited for AJ sadly, much like others. Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, AJ...did I say Alicia Fox? Beth, Natalya and surprisingly Eve have good or even great themes.

I do wish that WWE takes a play out of TNA's book. OH NO I SAID TNA! I'M GOING TO GET MY ROCK SHIELD! But seriously; Gail Kim. Her theme is one of my favorites of all time. The dominant hell female wrestler with a sick, intense feel. DUN DUN DUUUUN! DUN DUN DUUUUN! DUN DUN DUUUUN!

Have fun with your thoughts and Alicia Fox's theme of aural AIDS.

Robstar
05-16-2012, 10:49 PM
I know I'm not the only person that has noticed how absolutely terrible the "Diva's" theme songs are? For example; Maxine's theme doesn't appeal to her AT ALL. It's so extraordinarily poppy and cheerful. It would be more suited for AJ sadly, much like others. Kaitlyn, Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, AJ...did I say Alicia Fox? Beth, Natalya and surprisingly Eve have good or even great themes.

I do wish that WWE takes a play out of TNA's book. OH NO I SAID TNA! I'M GOING TO GET MY ROCK SHIELD! But seriously; Gail Kim. Her theme is one of my favorites of all time. The dominant hell female wrestler with a sick, intense feel. DUN DUN DUUUUN! DUN DUN DUUUUN! DUN DUN DUUUUN!

Have fun with your thoughts and Alicia Fox's theme of aural AIDS.

This....this is not good. Can you pick another word possibly?

Haruko Haruhara
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I love Layla but I hate, "you're not enough for me... Ahhhhhhh."

SESAfro
05-16-2012, 11:08 PM
This....this is not good. Can you pick another word possibly?
Will auditory AIDS suffice?

I love Layla but I hate, "you're not enough for me... Ahhhhhhh."
Yeah. Hers feels out of place too. It was always McCool's theme and I honestly don't even remember her theme before that. It's sort of like the nerdy girl in school becoming the head cheerleader. I know, bad analogy.

Robstar
05-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Will auditory AIDS suffice?

Yeah. Hers feels out of place too. It was always McCool's theme and I honestly don't even remember her theme before that. It's sort of like the nerdy girl in school becoming the head cheerleader. I know, bad analogy.

Yeah that's HEAPS better 'fro! lol ;)

bcfccalum
05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
alicia fox's theme is TERRIBLE, wasnt it used for maria a few years back? i have no clue why they changed it in the first place Alicia's original theme suited her much better

Grind_Bastard
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Kharma has a decent theme too. Her Awesome Kong was slightly better.

Gonna sound prototypical, but... I hate Kelly's theme.

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 11:12 AM
it seems like they pick diva's themes based on two criteria

1. is it about or sung by a woman?

2. does it, in any conceivable way, have something to do with sex.

Beth Phoenix appears to be the exception, but really it's like everything else diva-related with the WWE, plain to see from any angle just how half-assed it is and how little anyone in the back cares.

ELNIOJR
05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
<Best_ThemeSong.In=History</>

Hands Down :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uooOC-twaCU

beatfighter3000
05-17-2012, 12:48 PM
They have a major habit of reusing former diva's songs
e.g Alicia Fox's song was used by Gail Kim at one point, and that woman who teddy was supposed to marry, but teddy had a heart attack LOL

The song's WWE choose for the Divas [disregarding beth phoenix], are pretty horrible. There's no emotion, just a little schoolgirl song thrown at women who are given matches only worth a tea break

Cabers
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Hahaha i agree with the Aksana theme but the one she used in FCW was pretty badass kind of had a James bond feel to it i think, You know i am going to try and find it!! As teddy would say stay up!

SESAfro
05-17-2012, 08:52 PM
<Best_ThemeSong.In=History</>

Hands Down :)
I wouldn't say the best in history but definitely one of the best. It holds her whole gimmick together with that song. Seductive, somewhat clueless, exotic woman.

Also Natty's theme isn't girly at all. Plus it has that awesome guitar rift, aural sex. *coughthatwasjustforRobcough*

Viperfish
05-17-2012, 09:11 PM
I think the Divas themes being so bad is a testament to how fucking awful pop music is nowadays. I mean who in the blue fuck green-lighted this abomination for AJ? I remember hearing it for the first time on RAW, I busted out laughing and then turned the TV down. Thank god she doesn't use it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBVEZ971k2k

blink
05-18-2012, 02:03 AM
I might be in the minority on this one but I HATE Beth's theme. In fact the only 2 divas themes I like are Natalia's, due to its resemblence to the hart foundations... An that bitching squeal at the beginning. I also love karma's theme. It'd be perfect if it'd lose the laugh that's in it. Everything else it's just so creepy, sets a good atmosphere... Also slightly reminds me of the pixies "where is my mind".

05-18-2012, 01:01 PM
um Layla's theme was used by Torrie and McCool before her. Best Diva themes (past) were Jacqueline, Stacy, Trish, Ivory (last), Jazz and Sable

05-18-2012, 01:04 PM
how could I forget Lita and Victoria's themes?

05-18-2012, 01:07 PM
They have a major habit of reusing former diva's songse.g Alicia Fox's song was used by Gail Kim at one point, and that woman who teddy was supposed to marry, but teddy had a heart attack LOL The song's WWE choose for the Divas [disregarding beth phoenix], are pretty horrible. There's no emotion, just a little schoolgirl song thrown at women who are given matches only worth a tea breakhuh?? Alicia never used Gail's old theme... or Kristal's.

HeelTurn
05-18-2012, 01:37 PM
huh?? Alicia never used Gail's old theme... or Kristal's.

Yeah it was Maria's, and it suited her more, even if it is awful.

The majority of diva music is horrible jobber music, they just tend not to upgrade them like they do male superstars.

SESAfro
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah it was Maria's, and it suited her more, even if it is awful.

The majority of diva music is horrible jobber music, they just tend not to upgrade them like they do male superstars.
I'd say horrible jobber music is much better than the majority of the Diva's themes.