PDA

View Full Version : Who do you prefer, Sheamus or Wade Barrett?

MattTY2JHBK
05-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey Guys & Dolls :D,

Just thought I'd start up a poll asking who you prefer, Sheamus or Wade Barrett?
I'm interested to know as I see a lot of people liking either one of these guys but many do not like both.
Personally, I can see a TON of potential in Barrett, but as of right now, I think Sheamus has more to offer overall.
I think he is more over with the crowd, has a different look about him, is pretty natural on the mic (although I believe Barrett is mildly superior), has a better catchphrase (FELLLLLLLAAAA!!!) and has very good in-ring skills, including the occasional submission moves.
I also like the way he changes up his attire to suit his current position within the company (US Championship Attire, Royal Rumble, and now his World Championship Attire with the gold streaks).

Who do you prefer out of the two and why?
How do you think they can improve?
:D

LMPunker
05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
i like both but being biased im gonna go for wade as hes my fellow english man

JSullivan
05-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Wade Barrett.

MattTY2JHBK
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm English too, but still prefer Sheamus to Wade at this time... Hope other English folk on here don't think I'm a Judas :p

tchocky360
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM

I'm Irish and I'm still picking Barrett.

Amerinaine
05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm American, I'll take Barrett.

Asherdelampyr
05-15-2012, 06:02 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mPy%2B1qamL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

akbar
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm Irish and I'm still picking Barrett.
LOL damn...Sheamus must be wondering what he has to do to get some love around here...

Mojo Tartarus
05-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Barrett, all day and every day!

K2Jelly
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
Barrett, all day and every day!

I say the same thing except for Britani Knight.

;)

Mojo Tartarus
05-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I say the same thing except for Britani Knight.

;)

Well played sir and I concur! :D

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Both are good, but i think Barrett is slightly superior in his in-ring ability, and he's definitely better on the mic. So Barrett for me. But Sheamus is still good IMO though.

Kamron Libertone
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Both of them are interesting to watch in the ring, but I personally think that Wade Barrett has more mic skills and in-ring exprience. On the other hand, Sheamus is improving slightly in his mic skills and his in-ring exprience. However, Sheamus still needs to be more agressive and so does Wade Barrett. The thing I find in both of them is that they are very well trained and have the potential to become the biggest heals in the business today and the future, but the are always get counter reactions from the fans. If WWE would leave them to be whatever side (Face or Heel) they wanted to be, I am pretty sure that they would be within the top 5 of biggest stars in the business today and perhaps the biggest stars of the future.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I like them both. (:

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Sheamus is good on the mic as a face or heel but has the move-set of a monster heel. Wade is all heel. Both can put on good matches. In other words I like'em both.

GreatMuta4life
05-15-2012, 08:50 PM
Sheamus is more distinct and polished right now, but I prefer Barrett and I think he's a future main-eventer.

magglis
05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I like Sheamus,Barrett change your stupid theme

Broc
05-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I honestly go with Sheamus. I like Barrett overall currently, but we've seen Sheamus have success, and be world champion as both a face and a heel, while Barrett has only been on the heel side, and hasn't even cracked the main event picture yet.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
I honestly go with Sheamus. I like Barrett overall currently, but we've seen Sheamus have success, and be world champion as both a face and a heel, while Barrett has only been on the heel side, and hasn't even cracked the main event picture yet.

I feel as though Wade Barrett still has a ton of untapped potential. That arm injury will set him back abit. (:

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I feel as though Wade Barrett still has a ton of untapped potential. That arm injury will set him back abit. (:

Agreed. He was on the verge of the WHC scene before that injury no doubt. He looked good in his feud with Orton and they were no doubt priming him for a shot at the title at least.
I see big things in his future when he returns (I hope).

And I seriously hope he changes his God awful theme.

Broc
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Don't get me wrong, Wade Barrett is great, and has a lot of potential, but in most of his major story lines he was involved in a stable. I'm not doubting him though, I do believe he will be something great for years to come.

If you think about it, Sheamus and Barrett both have a lot in common. They were both pushed to the moon early on in their careers and then both switched brands and took it slower. The only difference is Sheamus has 3 world titles under his belt while Barrett is yet to win one.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:24 PM
That damn theme doesn't fit him what so ever. Give him a slow one, preferably a British rock band.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Agreed. He was on the verge of the WHC scene before that injury no doubt. He looked good in his feud with Orton and they were no doubt priming him for a shot at the title at least.
I see big things in his future when he returns (I hope).

And I seriously hope he changes his God awful theme.

His theme sounds like something straight out of a Power Rangers flick. ;) I hope he does not lose any momentum while he is gone.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, Wade Barrett is great, and has a lot of potential, but in most of his major story lines he was involved in a stable. I'm not doubting him though, I do believe he will be something great for years to come.

If you think about it, Sheamus and Barrett both have a lot in common. They were both pushed to the moon early on in their careers and then both switched brands and took it slower. The only difference is Sheamus has 3 world titles under his belt while Barrett is yet to win one.

If I'm honest, Sheamus's 2 WWE title runs were nothing of note. In fact, had you not said that he'd won 3, I'd have totally forgot about his second WWE title.
Sheamus only became something when he went to Smackdown. Barrett was on his way to the top there too until his injury.

That damn theme doesn't fit him what so ever. Give him a slow one, preferably a British rock band.

His theme sounds like something straight out of a Power Rangers flick. ;) I hope he does not lose any momentum while he is gone.

SG suggested this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGtSGM34wc

and I 100% agree that this would suit him perfectly.

On the subject of momentum Panda, I see them giving him a MITB win (if they have that match this year) when he returns to try and instantly push his momentum back to where it was before he had to leave.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:29 PM

That stable he was apart of had soooo much potential too. The problem is that the WWE takes the burgers off the grill before they are even done so the sizzle becomes a fizzle very fast. You have to slow cook them and only flip them around occasionally from storyline to storyline.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:32 PM
That stable he was apart of had soooo much potential too. The problem is that the WWE takes the burgers off the grill before they are even done so the sizzle becomes a fizzle very fast. You have to slow cook them and only flip them around occasionally from storyline to storyline.

It REALLY annoys me how much WWE do this. They've missed the boat with so many storylines and wrestlers over the years!

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:32 PM
If I'm honest, Sheamus's 2 WWE title runs were nothing of note. In fact, had you not said that he'd won 3, I'd have totally forgot about his second WWE title.
Sheamus only became something when he went to Smackdown. Barrett was on his way to the top there too until his injury.

SG suggested this

On the subject of momentum Panda, I see them giving him a MITB win (if they have that match this year) when he returns to try and instantly push his momentum back to where it was before he had to leave.

I heard from somewhere that Wade chose his own theme. You could totally send this to Wade on Twitter. His -attorney- would probably enjoy it. And yes!!! I forgot all about the MITB. He needs to win it if he heals up by then.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:33 PM
SG suggested this

I don't know, the chorus fits but the rest doesn't really fit.

And I don't like that band. I would prefer a slower, heavier song.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
They need to go back to one Money in the Bank match a year at WM. That was the shit yo.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
I heard from somewhere that Wade chose his own theme. You could totally send this to Wade on Twitter. His -attorney- would probably enjoy it. And yes!!! I forgot all about the MITB. He needs to win it if he heals up by then.

Funny you should mention that. I did actually tweet this to him a while back. A few days later though, he tweeted saying that any further tweets to him about how he should change his theme or how his theme sucks that he'd block those people :(
But yeah, I also herd that he chose it himself.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:35 PM
It REALLY annoys me how much WWE do this. They've missed the boat with so many storylines and wrestlers over the years!

So many god damned times they dropped the ball. CM Punk is a huge, recent one.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Funny you should mention that. I did actually tweet this to him a while back. A few days later though, he tweeted saying that any further tweets to him about how he should change his theme or how his theme sucks that he'd block those people :(

If he got to choose then that means Creative believes he can be top draw material.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
They need to go back to one Money in the Bank match a year at WM. That was the shit yo.

I agree. ^^ Only Daniel Bryan can describe my reaction if they were to revert back to this.

What a bitch! But he is still a great wrestler and I would probably get annoyed too if people detested my hand picked theme.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:45 PM
If he got to choose then that means Creative believes he can be top draw material.

I agree. ^^ Only Daniel Bryan can describe my reaction if they were to revert back to this.

What a bitch! But he is still a great wrestler and I would probably get annoyed too if people detested my hand picked theme.

Well if you watched NXT back when barrett was on it (so season 1), then you'd remember that Barrett won the right to pick his own theme after he won a challenge on the show, so it might just be storyline picked to go in canon with that.
However, I hope you're right and that he did indeed pick it himself, which would mean, as you said, that the higher ups have faith in him.

And 1 MITB match is the way to go IMO too. I've heard conflicting stories though. Is the ppv still happening? I've heard that it is still on the calender for WWE, but I've also heard that they're considering having a MITB match at Summerslam.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:48 PM

It is really a giant spot fest and having two on the same night makes us all kind of jaded towards the whole thing. Same problem with Extreme Rules, Hell In a Cell or any other gimmick PPV.

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 10:51 PM
And 1 MITB match is the way to go IMO too. I've heard conflicting stories though. Is the ppv still happening? I've heard that it is still on the calender for WWE, but I've also heard that they're considering having a MITB match at Summerslam.

It could work but I think the grandest stage of them all would be the place for it. Maybe it could replace the shitty Q-list celeb match.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
It could work but I think the grandest stage of them all would be the place for it. Maybe it could replace the shitty Q-list celeb match.

If only. Sadly, I don't see that trend going away anytime soon -_-

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Well if you watched NXT back when barrett was on it (so season 1), then you'd remember that Barrett won the right to pick his own theme after he won a challenge on the show, so it might just be storyline picked to go in canon with that.
However, I hope you're right and that he did indeed pick it himself, which would mean, as you said, that the higher ups have faith in him.

It is really a giant spot fest and having two on the same night makes us all kind of jaded towards the whole thing. Same problem with Extreme Rules, Hell In a Cell or any other gimmick PPV.

There should only be just ONE match. I agree. I think with there being two winners it takes away the fun. I was so into it when Edge won it a few years back and he played mind games about which championship he would go for. And you really felt like this ONE guy could strike at any moment. It was a perfect formality.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 10:55 PM
There should only be just ONE match. I agree. I think with their being two winners it takes away the fun. I was so into it when Edge won it a few years back and he played mind games about which championship he would go for. And you were felt like this ONE guy could strike at any moment. It was a perfect formality.

Exactly. With 2, you know that the guy with the red briefcase is going after the Raw champ, and the guy with the blue case is going for the SD champ. The only surprise really is when it gets cashed in.
I miss those days of Edge as the MITB holder. 'The Master Manipulator' at his best!

ParagonOfVirtue
05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
i like sheamus,barrett change your stupid theme

yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Dr. Death
05-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Hard choice for me, but I had to go with Barrett. I don't like his theme, but his talent is obvious and I can't wait for his return. I thought he was up for a major push when he got legitimately injured.

CM Rock-Austin
05-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I like both but I prefer Wade over Sheamus right now even if he is hurt. IMO he will be better than Sheamus but his theme music must change!

Mikeyboy7777777
05-16-2012, 02:34 AM
i'm picking sheamus purely because he has showed he can both play heel and face very well barrett is a better heel but i won't ever see that smirk of him being a face mellow smile XD so as far as flexibility goes sheamus can play both.

Mr. Ziggles
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Barrett 100 times over.

Steve Austin
05-16-2012, 04:29 AM
Barrett with ease!

VanHooliganX
05-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Wade. Easily.

Bennyladd1
05-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Barrett, he's a great heel

Joonny
05-16-2012, 07:15 AM
Both have the look.
For me, Barrett has much better Mic Skills and In ring skills.

Wade Barrett from Norway :)

ELNIOJR
05-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Im a Dude, but I still voted Barrett!

ELNIOJR
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
LOL damn...Sheamus must be wondering what he has to do to get some love around here...

The_Shirt is The_Answer....

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzYxWDY0Mg==/$%28KGrHqZHJDQE92G5WV68BPntv+TjM%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

tchocky360
05-16-2012, 08:49 AM
The_Shirt is The_Answer....

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzYxWDY0Mg==/$%28KGrHqZHJDQE92G5WV68BPntv+TjM%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

I was massively unhappy with that match, but I disliked him before that. I don't like his tales of country Ireland and his family having a local mill, especially when he's from Dublin, the least countryside place in Ireland.
It's not as bad as the Irish gimmick that Hornswoggle and Finley had, but it's still a stereotype I can't stand.

It'd be like if Barrett came out every week with a pipe and talked of crumpets and holidays in the colonies....

That being said, when he's not having to say that stuff and he just gets on with the matches themselves he's very good.

JSullivan
05-16-2012, 09:28 AM
I was massively unhappy with that match, but I disliked him before that. I don't like his tales of country Ireland and his family having a local mill, especially when he's from Dublin, the least countryside place in Ireland.
It's not as bad as the Irish gimmick that Hornswoggle and Finley had, but it's still a stereotype I can't stand.

It'd be like if Barrett came out every week with a pipe and talked of crumpets and holidays in the colonies....

That being said, when he's not having to say that stuff and he just gets on with the matches themselves he's very good.

I suppose at least he's not from Northern Ireland pretending to be Mega Irish...

...But that's a debate for another day, and one that probably shouldn't be brought up on here. ;)

Grind_Bastard
05-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I like both, but Wade gets my vote. I don't hate Sheamus as many people around, I still like the fella.

I don't know, the chorus fits but the rest doesn't really fit.

And I don't like that band. I would prefer a slower, heavier song.

Maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2aT4-vp-H4&feature=related

JK :)

The Piper
05-16-2012, 12:39 PM
110% Wade, always better than Sheamus

thejman93
05-16-2012, 12:42 PM
I've been on the Barrett Barrage Bandwagon since NXT season 1/Nexus. That, combined with "18 seconds", makes me lean towards Wade.

Raf123
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I really can't stand Sheamus and I don't know why he is the current champion so i guess I'll go with Barrett.

Cabers
05-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I like both but being Irish i picked Sheamus.

bcfccalum
05-17-2012, 07:42 AM
wade barrett definitely. dont like his new theme song though. dont think it suits him

Mr. Ziggles
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I like both, but Wade gets my vote. I don't hate Sheamus as many people around, I still like the fella.

Maybe this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2aT4-vp-H4&feature=related

JK :)

Ouch my freaking ears.

johnnydropkicks
05-17-2012, 05:08 PM
we've seen more of Sheamus so I'm going with Sheamus. he's not bad at anything and he's pretty mobile for his size. barrett whether or not you could argue he's been used improperly never really got any kind of huge impact

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 05:13 PM
we've seen more of Sheamus so I'm going with Sheamus. he's not bad at anything and he's pretty mobile for his size. barrett whether or not you could argue he's been used improperly never really got any kind of huge impact

seriously, I am still impressed with 3 things about Sheamus

1. the height he can get with the Brogue Kick

2. That shoulder block he hits from the apron.

3. His sense of humor (You know me, I like the odd unrelated stories)