PDA

View Full Version : So Tensai has been bumped to Superstars already.

URATOOL
05-15-2012, 05:26 PM
So much for his big push then. Fat Matt must be pretty pissed.

"Yeah come back and be a monster hell. Undertaker is nearing the end of his run and Kane, Mark Henry and Big Show only have a couple of years left."

HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!

"Yeah sorry mate. We can slot you in on Superstars. You'll be up against Tyson Kidd."

maar13
05-15-2012, 05:31 PM

"Yeah come back and be a monster hell. Undertaker is nearing the end of his run and Kane, Mark Henry and Big Show only have a couple of years left."

HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!

"Yeah sorry mate. We can slot you in on Superstars. You'll be up against Tyson Kidd."

Don't worry, they will find a wait to put him again on Raw to feud with some one in better rankings but with Clay around, I guess they are trying to dose the big man squashes for now.

JSullivan
05-15-2012, 05:32 PM

HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

K2Jelly
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWOGQQyaAQ&feature=related

MattTY2JHBK
05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Although he has appeared on Superstars, it doesn't mean that he is not getting pushed.
Over the last few weeks, he has pinned both John Cena and the WWE Champion CM Punk, so they must have a lot of faith in him.
I think at the moment, the fans haven't taken to him how the WWE would have liked them too. Also, he hasn't cut any sort of Promo that has meant anything yet.
The WWE need to try and get him over, but it takes time. At the moment, he is still viewed as the returning Albert/A-Train instead of being accepted as Lord Tensai.

Tommy Thunder
05-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I think it's safe to say he's on Superstars until they find a high profile feud for him. He'll be back on Raw in no time IMO.

MattTY2JHBK
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
BTW URATOOL, just looked at the Fantasy League table and I'm 32/40 :(.
It's times like this that I regret choosing Rey Mysterio and Kharma...

TNA 'The very best'
05-15-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zWOGQQyaAQ&feature=related

This may be the best use of copy and paste ever

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
05-15-2012, 07:15 PM
What?

GreatMuta4life
05-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Although I think Lord Giant Albert Bernard Train is kind of a waste of a spot on the roster, I do think if given the chance he could have some amazing puroresu-style matches with Bryan and/or Punk.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
He should have came back as A-Train! :mad: I dislike everything about Tensai. I really like the man behind the character.. He does not deserve this embarrassing treatment.

Robstar
05-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Always good to see you(r sig) Panda!! ;)

K2Jelly
05-15-2012, 09:01 PM
He should have came back as A-Train! :mad: I dislike everything about Tensai. I really like the man behind the character.. He does not deserve this embarrassing treatment.

I'm 100% behind you. A-Train is a millions times better than Tensai.

Clumsy in the ring, boring as hell...terrible gimmick. No amount of green mist and grunting can save him. Thank God he's on Superstars.

PandaMassacre
05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Always good to see you(r sig) Panda!!

All hail Vickie Guerrero! :D

I'm 100% behind you. A-Train is a millions times better than Tensai.

Clumsy in the ring, boring as hell...terrible gimmick. No amount of green mist and grunting can save him. Thank God he's on Superstars.

Exactly! He was going to suffer anyways. So why mount on it with this gimmick? I want my A-Train back. 8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

IrkenInvader
05-15-2012, 11:02 PM
A big fat white gut doesn't cut it as an asian man, who wudda thunk it.

Viperfish
05-15-2012, 11:35 PM
I think one big problem with Matt Bloom is that he doesn't have the facials to be a menacing heel in the style of that kind of character. I'm not saying that he's got a baby face, but there's no degree of intimidation to him. Put him side by side with Ryback and you tell me who's the big powerhouse intimidating motherfucker just on facials alone. It's the same reason why Mason Ryan's a joke and will never go anywhere as a menacing heel(not saying he's in that role right now but put his face against Batista's and he's clearly not going to work as a monster heel).

In fairness Matt Bloom with facial hair can help, but they didn't go this route with him. I think the character itself sucked but if they wanted a monster heel out of him without that Japanese gimmick, I think facial hair could've helped push the big powerhouse character. He's had a lot of different looks with his facial hair but this one from Japan isn't bad at all:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JvS6g717Rus/T4HTEIw6q0I/AAAAAAAAGwk/O5OGvjKlDGY/s1600/lord+tensai.jpg

Put a shirt on him, some ripped up jeans, leather boots, facial hair similar to that picture up there, and make him a mix of Kevin Nash, American Badass/Big Evil Undertaker and The Rock's character in Walking Tall and I'd like to see the results. There's no doubt he'd be taken more seriously than he is now as Tensai.

Melevolent 27
05-16-2012, 02:09 AM
The main problem with Matt Bloom is little arms vs massive gut!

Also just for the record Ryback is a face ATM.

CM Rock-Austin
05-16-2012, 02:22 AM
I agree with everything you just said!

URATOOL
05-16-2012, 02:41 AM
A big fat white gut doesn't cut it as an asian man, who wudda thunk it.

Ummmmmmmm He's not supposed to be an asian man. He is just supposed to be an American guy who went to Japan and has absorbed some of it's culture and rituals.

Back on topic. I don't follow Japanese wrestling enough to say how successful any characters he portrayed out there were, but I've always found Matt Bloom to be incapable of carrying off any kind of character or gimmick. He is just himself. Himself being technically pretty decent, but boring as fuck.

ELNIOJR
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Get Matt Morgan to grow a (Mike Knox Like) BEARD, and you have your Monster Heel problem...Fixed!

magglis
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM
It was about time to happen

Lowki
05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I think it's safe to say he's on Superstars until they find a high profile feud for him. He'll be back on Raw in no time IMO.
This. It shows that they will do anything to keep him on TV. Seeing as they can't fit him in on Raw, they just put him on superstars to have him in action for that week.

johnnydropkicks
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
I think someone just went... "wait... you haven't jobbed Tyson out? whoa how did we miss that?!" so they sent him to do that.

no but seriously while I don't think this is the evidence that they don't care I also agree it's ominous.

thejman93
05-16-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm thrilled he's on Superstars. Like Panda said, Tensai is boring.

Cabers
05-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Tensai will be wwe champion very soon.

URATOOL
05-16-2012, 04:53 PM

Not gonna happen. He is already a semi failed reboot.

magglis
05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I think you are right, unfortunately

SilverGhost
05-16-2012, 05:57 PM

What Tensai needs is a the right build. Smackdown would be good for him(only if they balance the face/heel dept.)

Tommy Thunder
05-16-2012, 08:18 PM
What Tensai needs is a the right build. Smackdown would be good for him(only if they balance the face/heel dept.)

That's why I'm kind of hoping they do have a draft, so that they can balance things out a bit.
But I agree that a SD move for Tensai would benefit him.

Androo
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
So what I'm getting here is that facial hair will solve any face/heel getting over issues?

And the guy who said little arms to body ratio -- I sees it now!!! Ta.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM

HERE COMES THE PAIN!!!

could have been worse he could be jobbing to the great khali oh too soon hawkins & reks? can tensai please replace the great khali but on topic i don't think he'll be on superstars for long.

scribblerking
05-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Such is an intriguing thought to perhaps embrace the past and use it to their advantage? Fear the CLAW indeed!

Why has he remained unable to catch a foothold and take off with this new persona? This Lord Tensai is not really so fresh or new as a character to warrant the instant adulation of greenhorns or old school fans (hey but I do think the CLAW is a good idea for someone to resurrect) but that’s not it…as many have pointed out he may have gained success and a new breathe of life internationally but in the WWE he is just A-Train or Prince Albert. Sad but true even if you were to slap some long hair on him or a mask or something to make him look different—sorry multiple body tattoos are not very original anymore—it would not make a difference.

Of course even the most uninteresting wrestler (new or old) can only grow so much, mildly talented or otherwise, and it is a lot to ask of us to cheer him because he has a new name and a little more ink than before. I say embrace this blasé attitude most of us share and have someone truly talented and equally needy of a good storyline like William Regal to call him out and take him to task about his past.

You could start it off slow with just a remark here and there via the all-powerful social media, then in commentary and in the ring. Regal can best do this because he has been around a long time and can remember how dear old Mat was before claiming he is a charlatan and being untrue to his abilities or whatever. The point is if this is the “Reality Era” use how people feel about this character and build a good feud from it! Couldn’t be any worse than the train wreck happening these days…

URATOOL
05-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Such is an intriguing thought to perhaps embrace the past and use it to their advantage? Fear the CLAW indeed!

Why has he remained unable to catch a foothold and take off with this new persona? This Lord Tensai is not really so fresh or new as a character to warrant the instant adulation of greenhorns or old school fans (hey but I do think the CLAW is a good idea for someone to resurrect) but that’s not it…as many have pointed out he may have gained success and a new breathe of life internationally but in the WWE he is just A-Train or Prince Albert. Sad but true even if you were to slap some long hair on him or a mask or something to make him look different—sorry multiple body tattoos are not very original anymore—it would not make a difference.

Of course even the most uninteresting wrestler (new or old) can only grow so much, mildly talented or otherwise, and it is a lot to ask of us to cheer him because he has a new name and a little more ink than before. I say embrace this blasé attitude most of us share and have someone truly talented and equally needy of a good storyline like William Regal to call him out and take him to task about his past.

You could start it off slow with just a remark here and there via the all-powerful social media, then in commentary and in the ring. Regal can best do this because he has been around a long time and can remember how dear old Mat was before claiming he is a charlatan and being untrue to his abilities or whatever. The point is if this is the “Reality Era” use how people feel about this character and build a good feud from it! Couldn’t be any worse than the train wreck happening these days…

Firstly WELCOME.

I think, whilst you have an idea there, it's not a goer. Matt Zzz Zzz Bloom is just stiff and boring to watch. It is actually disappointing as the guy has a decent move set and clearly knows his way around the ring. He just comes over as epically meh.

-side note- That font you are using is hard on the eyes of us old folk.

gohan
05-18-2012, 12:04 PM
man its freaking albert see when they first did the promo for tensai see i thought it was for jinsei shinzaki case i saw kanji
on his head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! case jinsei shinzaki worked for the wwe back 98 so thought it was him but then saw him to raw
it freaking albert the worst wrestler ever i was made he always sucked and wwe has albert trying to be a great muta rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSOjedi
05-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Tensai, Ryback and Clay are boring. You can be the best wrestler in the world, of course none of these 3 are, if you're in a squash match, then, you're boring. Fact !

bearkg88
05-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Although he has appeared on Superstars, it doesn't mean that he is not getting pushed.
Over the last few weeks, he has pinned both John Cena and the WWE Champion CM Punk, so they must have a lot of faith in him.
I think at the moment, the fans haven't taken to him how the WWE would have liked them too. Also, he hasn't cut any sort of Promo that has meant anything yet.
The WWE need to try and get him over, but it takes time. At the moment, he is still viewed as the returning Albert/A-Train instead of being accepted as Lord Tensai.

Here is my thing though, no matter what the WWE does with Tensai, I will never see him as anything more than A-Train

wrestlingfan66513
05-20-2012, 12:48 AM
BTW URATOOL, just looked at the Fantasy League table and I'm 32/40 :(.
It's times like this that I regret choosing Rey Mysterio and Kharma...

Rey was an awful choice from the moment he wasn't at Mania. I regret choosing him also, especially since he got suspended and he is worth less because of that so selling him will be awful.

AreYaSerious
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/548541_208164955963548_206087196171324_360770_1251 946581_n.jpg

URATOOL
05-21-2012, 04:51 PM
And now it looks like you might have been replaced by Big Show as Johnny body guard. Oh dear Matty boy.

Robstar
05-21-2012, 07:36 PM
And he's lost his 'title'. Not looking good

URATOOL
05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
And he's lost his 'title'. Not looking good

He should be rename Lord Bad Gimmick.