PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 146

Robstar
05-15-2012, 06:11 AM
How the hell did Frank Mir end up with a title shot? I thought he was done and dusted. I hope Dos Santos puts his lights out personally but maybe Frankie boy will surprise. You can never say never in MMA.

Will be interesting to see how Velasquez comes back. I hope he's as devastating as before. Well, not his last fight but....y'know. ;)

I'm also interested in seeing how Nelson and Miller fare. (yeah I like Mayhem)

Thoughts??

Dr. Death
05-15-2012, 07:55 AM
How the hell did Frank Mir end up with a title shot? I thought he was done and dusted. I hope Dos Santos puts his lights out personally but maybe Frankie boy will surprise. You can never say never in MMA.

Will be interesting to see how Velasquez comes back. I hope he's as devastating as before. Well, not his last fight but....y'know. ;)

I'm also interested in seeing how Nelson and Miller fare. (yeah I like Mayhem)

Thoughts??

Mir got the title shot because Allister Overreem tested positive for performance enhancing drugs after his fight with Lesnar. The Nevada State Athletic Commission would not clear Overeem for his fighting liscense since this was the second or third time for Allister testing positive, and he was on a probation period for the same thing already, even before the fight with Lesnar. Dana wasn't happy, but was left with a tough decision as in who to replace Overeem. Mir was the next in line and had not tested positive for performance enhancers. That is how it happened.

I hope Mayhem has worked on his conditioning, in his fight with Bisping he tanked early and was clearly not properly prepaired for the fight. Let's hope he makes a better showing here as Dana is going to be watching his performance closely.

magglis
05-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Dos Santos vs Mir 1st round KO,Dos Santos is a freak of nature very powerful the only way for Mir to win its on the ground,and Nelson, i love that guy he will win by KO too.

Robstar
05-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Mir got the title shot because Allister Overreem tested positive for performance enhancing drugs after his fight with Lesnar. The Nevada State Athletic Commission would not clear Overeem for his fighting liscense since this was the second or third time for Allister testing positive, and he was on a probation period for the same thing already, even before the fight with Lesnar. Dana wasn't happy, but was left with a tough decision as in who to replace Overeem. Mir was the next in line and had not tested positive for performance enhancers. That is how it happened.

I hope Mayhem has worked on his conditioning, in his fight with Bisping he tanked early and was clearly not properly prepaired for the fight. Let's hope he makes a better showing here as Dana is going to be watching his performance closely.

Lol, no I knew WHY Death - I just wasn't sure why he deserved one. I would rather have seen Cain get his rematch. What happened to the heavyweight division? It was full to bursting not long ago and since Lesnar & Overeem happened, the wind seem to have gone from it's sails

magglis
05-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Lol, no I knew WHY Death - I just wasn't sure why he deserved one. I would rather have seen Cain get his rematch. What happened to the heavyweight division? It was full to bursting not long ago and since Lesnar & Overeem happened, the wind seem to have gone from it's sails
UFC needs Strikeforce heavyweights

Robstar
05-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Agreed. A lot will depend on the outcome of the Nelson and Velasquez fights to see who gets the next title shot I'd say.

magglis
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Agreed. A lot will depend on the outcome of the Nelson and Velasquez fights to see who gets the next title shot I'd say.
Nelson doesn't deserve a title fight but Cain if he wins he will get the rematch

Robstar
05-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't think Mir deserved one. Many thought Lesnar didn't deserve one. I admittedly didn't think Jon Jones deserved one - I thought he was just in the right place at the right time. He's proven himself to be awesome and I can't say I'm sad I was wrong. Anyway....what was the point I was trying to make? lol

magglis
05-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think Mir deserved one. Many thought Lesnar didn't deserve one. I admittedly didn't think Jon Jones deserved one - I thought he was just in the right place at the right time. He's proven himself to be awesome and I can't say I'm sad I was wrong. Anyway....what was the point I was trying to make? lol
True Lesnar and Jones didn't deserve it
You was trying to prove why Mir didn't deserve the title fight

Robstar
05-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Who's he beaten? Nelson? I doubt he'll ever be top 5. Big Nog? He's past his prime. Cro Cop? Same.

Where is Carwin these days anyway?

magglis
05-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Who's he beaten? Nelson? I doubt he'll ever be top 5. Big Nog? He's past his prime. Cro Cop? Same.

Where is Carwin these days anyway?
​I think he was injured,btw he is a freak so fast and crazy KO power

Robstar
05-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah I just read he has to have neck surgery

magglis
05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah I just read he has to have neck surgery
Do you feel Barnett could be something good in UFC?

Robstar
05-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Who? :confused:...

magglis
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Who? :confused:...
Former UFC champ currently in Stikeforce

Robstar
05-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I'd go for anyone who would be decent competition

82Tucker
05-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Cormier is a fucking beast he ran through Bigfoot Silva and beat Barnett up for 5 rounds, considering he's only had 10 fights or so he's defo going to trouble the HW Division in the UFC. If he improves at the rate he currently is aswell, he's going to be champion at some point in the next 2 years in my opinion.

Dr. Death
05-23-2012, 07:01 PM
UFC 146 is this Saturday!! Is anyone going to watch it?

magglis
05-23-2012, 07:11 PM
UFC 146 is this Saturday!! Is anyone going to watch it?
Yup, Heavyweight=KO

Dr. Death
05-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Yup, Heavyweight=KO

Yeah, I can hardly wait to see someone take a forced nap. I will have the UFC 146 prediction contest up by tomorrow or Friday.

magglis
05-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I can hardly wait to see someone take a forced nap. I will have the UFC 146 prediction contest up by tomorrow or Friday.
Count me in Mr Death

Robstar
05-24-2012, 02:59 AM
I'll be watching. Looking forward to seeing Junior rock Mir's world. (hoping at least)