PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Drafted to RAW.

TheMiz
05-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Doesent anybody else feel this clearly shows theyre gonna give him more exposure and make him the new face of the company?

im not saying theyre doing it this year, Nor the next but a move to the "MAIN" Show shows wwe want the people to see more of him

K2Jelly
05-12-2012, 04:14 PM
I read the article and it hasn't been confirmed. He simply teased the possibility.

Bodom
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Doesn't he, like, already appear on Raw? on an already regular basis?

Automatic
05-12-2012, 04:19 PM
It would be kinda stupid to draft him to Raw if you ask me. There is still a lot more that he can do on Smackdown.

Tommy Thunder
05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't get why they're drafting at all. Everybody who's somebody appears on both brands anyway.

Broc
05-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Doesn't he, like, already appear on Raw? on an already regular basis?

That pretty much.

With the "Super show" stuff, who really cares about who's where anymore?

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I don't get why they're drafting at all. Everybody who's somebody appears on both brands anyway.

They don't feel like separate entities anymore that's for sure. They bled the line dry shortly after JBL's retirement.

Cabers
05-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Yea i to think the idea of a draft is ridiculous big Johnny is the gm of both shows, remember when they had kayfabe meetings about talent one ghm trading with another they can't even do that now.

HeelTurn
05-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Unless they are planning to seperate the shows again properly and add a new GM to SD, I don't see the point. As has already been stated he appears on Raw Supershow pretty much every week aswell as Smackdown.

Tommy Thunder
05-12-2012, 04:45 PM
They don't feel like separate entities anymore that's for sure. They bled the line dry shortly after JBL's retirement.

There's so much you can do with 2 distinguished brands. But WWE seem to think that they've taken the concept as far as it can go I guess, which is ridiculous.
Take the Bragging Rights ppv concept as an example. That could have been such a good concept if done right, but WWE totally missed a trick with it and produced a couple of average ppv's with it before deciding that it was a load of crap and dropping it. When in reality, the reason it was so crap was because it was poorly executed.

HeelTurn
05-12-2012, 04:47 PM
There's so much you can do with 2 distinguished brands. But WWE seem to think that they've taken the concept as far as it can go I guess, which is ridiculous.
Take the Bragging Rights ppv concept as an example. That could have been such a good concept if done right, but WWE totally missed a trick with it and produced a couple of average ppv's with it before deciding that it was a load of crap and dropping it. When in reality, the reason it was so crap was because it was poorly executed.

They used to make more out of the seperate brands, they made sure the Rumble had 15 Raw and 15 SD guys, they had SD vs Raw at Survivor Series and the superstars acted like they hated the guys on the other brand.

Unfortunately though thats all passed now, for whatever reason the whole brand thing is pretty much null and void, especially with Ace in charge of both shows. Whether its due to ratings or they feel/know about the lack of roster depth it looks as if its going to be this way for a while.

bearkg88
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Doesent anybody else feel this clearly shows theyre gonna give him more exposure and make him the new face of the company?

im not saying theyre doing it this year, Nor the next but a move to the "MAIN" Show shows wwe want the people to see more of him

Wait wha? Nah but seriously, there is no point in a draft or brand switch with the whole supershow. Look at Jericho who is "Raw" and is challenging for the WHC title, or Bryan who is "SD" and challenging for the WWE title

Mikeyboy7777777
05-13-2012, 03:29 AM
what about an nxt & superstars vs smackdown and raw since scott stanford and william regal seem to be the gm's of those two shows? nah kidding won't ever happen sadly no raw vs smackdown anymore it was always exciting too bad raw hardly ever won

Robareid
05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
As everyone is saying, there really is no brand division for the big boys these days. Kane's had feuds on both shows recently, as has Jericho, as has Bryan

sincara
05-13-2012, 05:04 AM
if you are building yourself up to be a ppv main eventer on sd and get drafted to raw you get burried and fall behind new talent

look at ziggler he was the whc champ on sd went to raw and now is being treated like crap being squashed by santino and a dancing dinosaur sure he got a wwe title match at the rumble but that was because it was dry season in wwe as they didnt want to risk injuring cena and everyone else was injured or not arrivedin wwe yet

so if cody goes to raw he will drop the ic title appear on superstars/nxt and not get a look in at a world title and will be squashed by brock tensai etc

Robstar
05-13-2012, 06:13 AM
The Raw supershow concept can suck my ****. Bring back the brands, the draft, the separate PPV's. It's crap the way it is

bearkg88
05-13-2012, 09:47 AM
The Raw supershow concept can suck my ****. Bring back the brands, the draft, the separate PPV's. It's crap the way it is

agree with Star here. The whole supershow aspect has ran its course

CobraNightviper
05-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I agree its pointless now.

82Tucker
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
My backing also on returning to sperate branded shows. Having these "Supershows" makes you know that Smackdown will be a bag of s***e compared to Raw.

monctonvike
05-13-2012, 02:19 PM
well I was hoping for more out of ziggler when he got drafted to raw, i feel it can go either way. Its would seem that guys like cody and dolph and cody have been loosing ground since the vets have been coming back.

SkilletBoi
05-14-2012, 08:51 AM
He'll be on Raw and still appear on Smakcdown, no difference IMO.

K2Jelly
05-14-2012, 11:11 AM
He'll be on Raw and still appear on Smakcdown, no difference IMO.

Not really. RAW superstars usually stay on their brand while SD stars, if they're popular enough, wrestle on both brands.

johnnydropkicks
05-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Not really. RAW superstars usually stay on their brand while SD stars, if they're popular enough, wrestle on both brands.

if he is going to RAW then that means either a title switch or he drops the ic belt title soon.

Bob Bowman
05-14-2012, 04:38 PM
I think it will give Cody more exposure to be permanently because he will be on their main roster. More people watch Raw than Smackdown anyways. That's why bragging rights sucked so much. They always had Smackdown winning to attract more viewers, which didn't work at all, even when Smackdown had Jericho.