PDA

View Full Version : Border Wars

Bodom
05-12-2012, 03:22 PM
​
If Steen doesn't leave with the belt, ROH is making a major mistake. I understand wanting to wait, but it's a mistake. Do it in Toronto. Do the double turn and do the rematch in NY.

If anything, break this obnoxious cycle of every ROH title change happening in New York.

Automatic
05-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I think they will have him win, isn't there some kind of stipulation involving Steen and the title?

jordan1995
05-12-2012, 04:46 PM
I cant see him winning it until they return to New York.

Cabers
05-12-2012, 04:56 PM
I see the switch coming tonight with a re-match in new york. This is ROH's WM baby yeaah!!

S.E. Zero
05-12-2012, 04:57 PM
The way I see it going down, is Steen wins with the Package Piledriver. They celebrate he won in Canada but out comes Cornette who says he banned the move (which he did (I remember that from a whileee back) though I'm not sure he's removed the ban) and reverses the decision giving the title back to Richards and Steen of course gets pissed and Package Piledrives Cornette and they send the crowd home happy in Canada.

Cornette then decides to punish Steen but not by firing him rather making sure Richards gets a fair shot of kicking Steen's ass for him in a Steel Cage or something but warns Steen if he uses the Package Piledriver again he's fired and at NY Steen wins (without the PP) and voila everyone's happy.

I know I would do it that way and be happy myself.

supergoing
05-12-2012, 04:58 PM
They should put the belt on Steen, striking while the iron's hot and that. Plus who else is left on the roster for Davey to defend against? Charlie Haas?

The thing is, I just can't see it happening. The whole build has reeked so strongly of a screwjob double-turn that a fuck finish is pretty much inevitable.

On the other hand... it was hinted super-heavily that an EEEE heel turn was a sure thing at FB 2011, and that amounted to pretty much fuck all in the end. Maybe they're pulling another red herring and booking Steen to win? (The fantasy booker in me says á la Punk/Cena MITB, with Cornette inadvertently fucking things up for Davey)

Cabers
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM
The way I see it going down, is Steen wins with the Package Piledriver. They celebrate he won in Canada but out comes Cornette who says he banned the move (which he did (I remember that from a whileee back) though I'm not sure he's removed the ban) and reverses the decision giving the title back to Richards and Steen of course gets pissed and Package Piledrives Cornette and they send the crowd home happy in Canada.

Cornette then decides to punish Steen but not by firing him rather making sure Richards gets a fair shot of kicking Steen's ass for him in a Steel Cage or something but warns Steen if he uses the Package Piledriver again he's fired and at NY Steen wins (without the PP) and voila everyone's happy.

I know I would do it that way and be happy myself.

The Package Piledriver is legal in this match.

supergoing
05-12-2012, 06:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zkpBw.jpg

Aw, god damn it, ROH.

Krysys
05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I am now glad I did not order Border Wars..

S.E. Zero
05-12-2012, 06:57 PM
The Package Piledriver is legal in this match.

Steen wins for sure then.

Vegas
05-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Anyone else getting this when they click on the thread?2368

supergoing
05-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Dear God, it's getting worse

http://i.imgur.com/bZLGn.jpg

Think I'll just do something else instead tbh, catch up on puro or something.

Krysys
05-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Dear God, it's getting worse

http://i.imgur.com/bZLGn.jpg

Think I'll just do something else instead tbh, catch up on puro or something.

Hope people get a refund for this, seriously.

CGBigMan
05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
i considered ordering this
glad i didnt

Vegas
05-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Dear ROH fans, We deeply apologize again for issues with our website. Unfortunately in trying to bring our fans the best experience through our website, with a single login and ringside discounts, there are still some kinks to work out. All of our pre-tests were successful as of 5pm today and we were blindsided by these problems... Please bear with us as we try to get it up as soon as possible. The production is going well and the replay will also be available as soon as we can get it up. For all those that purchased the PPV, we WILL resolve ALL concerns and issues

So what will they do?

Bodom
05-12-2012, 08:18 PM
So what will they do?

It took them an hour to issue that message. Completely unacceptable.

For starters I suggest they take a course in customer service.

Krysys
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
It took them an hour to issue that message. Completely unacceptable.

For starters I suggest they take a course in customer service.

Agreed. Honestly, for all those who tried to order it and couldn't, the show should be re-shown and made free.

Bodom
05-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Agreed. Honestly, for all those who tried to order it and couldn't, the show should be re-shown and made free.

According to their latest apology it will be. As well as Best In The World.

Vegas
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Their have give their offer

Dear Fans, Again we are extremely frustrated by the ippv result tonight and offer our deepest apologies. Since Showdown in the Sun, we have been working endlessly to provide an optimal ppv experience which we believe we have achieved.. For our website, we increased our server memory x3 and doubled its processing power. Still, it seems that our architecture could not handle the excessive user logins and we are left with a great stream that our fans can not see. If a refund is demanded, it WILL be given. Otherwise we would like to offer full retention of the replay for Border Wars as well as FREE access to the Best in the World PPV on June 24th for anyone who ordered Border Wars tonight. This will also include retention of the Best in the World PPV in your myPPV accounts. We WILL get this right no matter what it takes in time for Best in the World.

magglis
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
So Steen is the new champ

S.E. Zero
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM
STEEN WON!!!!! Whooooo!!!! About time.

belleza
05-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Yaaa baby! Oh canada!

Grind_Bastard
05-12-2012, 11:09 PM
I have officially bought Steen's T-Shirt.

supergoing
05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
RE: tag title match -

Hahaha, an ether soaked rag finish in 2012. What is this, Smokey Mountain Wrestling?

HCollins-TNA1
05-13-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: tag title match -

Hahaha, an ether soaked rag finish in 2012. What is this, Smokey Mountain Wrestling?
Congrats on Steen and Hass and Benjamin on their wins...

Smokey Mountain
Either the early 90s ran Jim Cornette/Sandy Scott/Bob Armstrong/Dutch Mantell promotion

http://youtu.be/HpzQBusc5kg
or NWA Smokey Mountian

http://youtu.be/BKRUVtn7tAw

It probably the 1st

Bodom
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM
The ROH picture of the day is WGTT holding the titles. And it's out of focus. Somewhat ironic.

Krysys
05-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Anyone have a link for a torrent? Obviously I didn't pay for it, glad I didn't..

Bodom
05-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Anyone have a link for a torrent? Obviously I didn't pay for it, glad I didn't..

Wait till after they air the replay. There's no way that anyone managed to get a full stream.

Krysys
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Wait till after they air the replay. There's no way that anyone managed to get a full stream.

True, I do hope someone manages to get a torrent after the replay airs as I want to see Steen beat Richards