PDA

View Full Version : Do you think...

Ruthless_Aggression
05-11-2012, 08:29 PM
...that since Daniel Bryan (a SD! superstar) is competing for the WWE Championship. and Chris Jericho (a RAW superstar) is competing for the World Heavyweight champion...

...are the titles switching shows?

Thoughts?

JSullivan
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
I think the brand extension practically doesn't exist.

All it's for is for keeping more titles and keeping the performers from dying of exhaustion.

SESAfro
05-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Unification maybe? Or over analyzing? Either or works.

TempestH
05-11-2012, 10:38 PM
I think because of the 18 sec Bryan/Sheamus match, they're moving Bryan to RAW in order to get him away from Sheamus and keep the crowds from booing him.

Lowki
05-12-2012, 01:20 AM
...that since Daniel Bryan (a SD! superstar) is competing for the WWE Championship. and Chris Jericho (a RAW superstar) is competing for the World Heavyweight champion...

...are the titles switching shows?

Thoughts?
If that was the case; explain the other two challengers for the Smackdown title being from smackdown ;)
I'd say this is more likely;
Jericho to smackdown and Bryan to Raw. Draft or trade, no-one knows. But how can one GM be in charge of both shows. It would be like owning two sports teams; you'd probably end up with one a lot more top heavy than the other.

Broc
05-12-2012, 01:23 AM
With the whole "Super Show" thing, I honestly don't think it matters at all. Both guys will appear on both shows anyway, so will it really matter who it belongs to?

ELNIOJR
05-12-2012, 08:30 AM
I think because of the 18 sec Bryan/Sheamus match, they're moving Bryan to RAW in order to get him away from Sheamus and keep the crowds from booing him.

Booing Sheamus or Bryan?

bearkg88
05-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I think the brand extension practically doesn't exist.

All it's for is for keeping more titles and keeping the performers from dying of exhaustion.

I think it is also to keep things semi fresh in the fans eyes. I mean, if you only had 1 major title and 1 upper mid card title, then it might get repetitive as to who challenges. Having two majors and 2 uppers, opens up who can challenge for an such, leading to new feuds, or revivals of old feuds

Tommy Thunder
05-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Although the separate brands thing doesn't exist any more (the fact that there isn't a draft this year clearly indicates that), I think it's more a case of the talents switching brands. WWE will always regard the WWE Championship > to the WHC (not the way it should be IMO), and that title will be on Raw for the foreseeable future (even though they've switched in the past).

WWE should keep the brands separate IMO with 2 distinguished rosters. That way they're able to showcase more talent.

Asherdelampyr
05-12-2012, 09:22 AM

I can see this

either that or they are just slowly phasing out the brand extension

Asherdelampyr
05-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Although the separate brands thing doesn't exist any more (the fact that there isn't a draft this year clearly indicates that), I think it's more a case of the talents switching brands. WWE will always regard the WWE Championship > to the WHC (not the way it should be IMO), and that title will be on Raw for the foreseeable future (even though they've switched in the past).

WWE should keep the brands separate IMO with 2 distinguished rosters. That way they're able to showcase more talent.

They can do that without having to do so officially, just by not booking the same talent for both shows in the same week, which I hope they do.

Cabers
05-12-2012, 04:36 PM
I am not convinced of a title switch happening more likely a way to switch guys from raw to smackdown before a draft.

82Tucker
05-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Jericho to unify the tiles in the future!!!