PDA

View Full Version : How Would YOU Book The Cruiserweight Devision In WWE Today?

Lucas Chapel
05-11-2012, 07:22 PM
If WWE were to bring back the Cruiserweight title, how would YOU book the devision?

I'd have the first champion as Tyson Kidd, but I'd have the championship keep changing hands every 2 or 3 weeks or so, keeping the devision exciting and unpredicatble. I'd also allow the superstars to use many moves that WWE haven't been letting superstars perform (providing it's safe enough!); this would be simular to TNA's old X-Devision where the wrestlers would move around the ring like video game characters.
My initial champions would be Kidd, Barretta, Epico, Evan Bourne, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu and then back to Kidd for a long reign until Wrestlemania here he would loose the championship to Sin Cara. It'd then have Cara, Kidd, Hunico and Tatsu feud over the championship.
I'd love to see Kidd hold the belt for a good 12 months before loosing to Cara at Mainia. Anything to have Tatsu wrestle on PPV is a great concept too! Apparently WWE are bringing in some Luchadores; so they'd boost this devision too!

Haruko Haruhara
05-11-2012, 07:41 PM
If WWE were to bring back the Cruiserweight title, how would YOU book the devision?

I'd have the first champion as Tyson Kidd, but I'd have the championship keep changing hands every 2 or 3 weeks or so, keeping the devision exciting and unpredicatble. I'd also allow the superstars to use many moves that WWE haven't been letting superstars perform (providing it's safe enough!); this would be simular to TNA's old X-Devision where the wrestlers would move around the ring like video game characters.
My initial champions would be Kidd, Barretta, Epico, Evan Bourne, Primo, Yoshi Tatsu and then back to Kidd for a long reign until Wrestlemania here he would loose the championship to Sin Cara. It'd then have Cara, Kidd, Hunico and Tatsu feud over the championship.
I'd love to see Kidd hold the belt for a good 12 months before loosing to Cara at Mainia. Anything to have Tatsu wrestle on PPV is a great concept too! Apparently WWE are bringing in some Luchadores; so they'd boost this devision too!

I agree - the long Kidd hold. I am not a fan of his.

Keith Stone
05-11-2012, 07:46 PM
If I were WWE I would hire Jack Evans out of AAA because if you want the next Rey Mysterio it's this guy. I Would book him to be the face of the cruiserweight division like Rey was in WCW/WWE and have him compete against Sin Cara. I would also bring in ex TNA guys like Jay Lethal outta ROH Petey Williams and especially if anybody Amazing Red. WWE will have Justin Gabriel and Matt Sidal come back from Injury,get Creed outta fcw and use the rest of their roster that fits the mold and it would be pretty cool

wrestlingfan66513
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Sin Cara for the major face
Tyson Kidd for the major heel
Woods(Creed) would be the American face (Think Apollo Creed kind of)
Jack Evans should be brought as a face in to work with Cara since he can work both styles, speak English, and has a good following
Hunico as a heel (without the crappy gangster gimmick)
Tatsu as a heel (Tired of being treated as a joke and will bring honor to his name and his country)
Hunico and Epico as the heel tag team that can go into singles when needed
Justin Gabriel as a face

TempestH
05-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I would give the Cruiserweight Championship to Cody Rhodes. I would have him cut a long winded promo about how he resurrected the prestige of the Intercontinental Championship, and intends to do the same thing with the Cruiserweight Title. He says, "No longer will this championship be associated with sideshow acts, and bottom feeders. From now on, this title will be known as the WORLD Cruiserweight Championship."

The World Cruiserweight Championship scene would be centered around the established names like Rhodes, Christian, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, and a few midcarders like Zack Ryder and Kofi Kingston . Basically the belt would be given to the smaller guys who the WWE wants to be in the main event, but aren't ready to carry the company as WWE Champion. The belt would be booked similar to an MMA or boxing title, treated like a World Championship on paper, but below the WWE Title. It would basically be what the current WHC is, except only guys 220 lbs and under can compete for it. This allows the smaller guys to retain momentum without being forced to lose to the likes of Sheamus, Cena, or Orton. The WWE and World Heavyweight Titles would be unified to accomodate this change.

Haruko Haruhara
05-11-2012, 10:37 PM
They should make it 200 and lower. So guys like me can have a chance of being on the show!

Melevolent 27
05-12-2012, 01:42 AM
If they are getting Jack Evens then I want Extreme Tiger too! Tiger is the real next Rey!
Also Areo Star!
I just want to see, if this show takes off, the heels allowed to do high flying moves too, WWE has the habit of making heels ground and pound guys who use way too many mat moves.

no bitch assness
05-12-2012, 04:33 AM
i would get jack evans and just build the division around him and who they have maybe add a few pieces here and there like amazing red and petey williams

ELNIOJR
05-12-2012, 08:53 AM
If they gonna bring it back, I say make a tournament on RAW and SD! that could last for 2, 3 weeks...and have the final at big PPV. My pick would be Trent Barretta, cause he's just awesome and criminally...UNDERRATED!

Cabers
05-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Interesting idea i would have something very similar to TNA's X Division with Tyson kidd having an Austin Aries like lengthy reign i am not so sure about changing the title every 2 or 3 weeks.

Lucas Chapel
05-13-2012, 10:53 AM
Interesting idea i would have something very similar to TNA's X Division with Tyson kidd having an Austin Aries like lengthy reign i am not so sure about changing the title every 2 or 3 weeks.I'd only have the championship change hands so regularly for the first couple of months; then I'd have Tyson hold the belt for about a year.

82Tucker
05-13-2012, 01:01 PM
I would enjoy a ladder style rule being used. For example the title holder doesn't have a number. The rest of the guys are listed from say 1 to 12. Now for example's sake Tyson Kidd was number 2 and Tatsu was at number 5, Tatsu could challenge Kidd for his positon and if he wins he moves into that higher slot but if he loses he goes back to the bottom and must work his way up. That would keep things exciting each week as anyone can win or lose and their position could change drastically.

In order to challenge for the belt you must have held the No.1 slot for 3 weeks consecutively.

K2Jelly
05-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I would keep the wrestlers in the cruiserweight division UNLESS they were a tag team. Only then would they be allowed to compete for other titles but for the tag team titles obviously. Also, once Rey gets back, I would have him compete in that division so the division can maintain some popularity and of course...lead to a possible Sin Cara/Mysterio feud.

I would also have some storylines for them so they're not just wrestling without any selling point that reflects any creative decisions.

johnnydropkicks
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio for a cruiserweight belt would rival a main event title match if built properly I'd say.