PDA

View Full Version : Using WWE 12 to create a fed

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Just throwing this thought out there, as Destruction and myself were talking about it and I wanted more opinions (especially from people with experience running an efed)

Have you ever thought about using a wrestling game to build everything out? I've been lurking around here as a fan of many of the feds here (at one point I seriously considered applying for a couple) and I love the videos that y'all use to show the matches (especially over at HWA) but I wonder if it may be even better to build it all out in WWE 12. Here me out:

With a game like WWE 12, you can build all of your current roster, pretty much how the players imagine them (within reasonable limits) fully script out your matches, (a skill that takes at least 2 people, and a bit of practice) and even animate your promos, all while using a custom arena that has your branding all over it.

Now obviously this would take a hell of a lot of work, and the ability to record gameplay from your television, I don't know if it is a lot more work than usual as I have never run an e-fed, but I thought I would bring it up anyway.

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Just throwing this thought out there, as Destruction and myself were talking about it and I wanted more opinions (especially from people with experience running an efed)

Have you ever thought about using a wrestling game to build everything out? I've been lurking around here as a fan of many of the feds here (at one point I seriously considered applying for a couple) and I love the videos that y'all use to show the matches (especially over at HWA) but I wonder if it may be even better to build it all out in WWE 12. Here me out:

With a game like WWE 12, you can build all of your current roster, pretty much how the players imagine them (within reasonable limits) fully script out your matches, (a skill that takes at least 2 people, and a bit of practice) and even animate your promos, all while using a custom arena that has your branding all over it.

Now obviously this would take a hell of a lot of work, and the ability to record gameplay from your television, I don't know if it is a lot more work than usual as I have never run an e-fed, but I thought I would bring it up anyway.

Its actually a great Idea something I have been thinking about and working on but never could find a Efed to work with to make it happen. Most people on Efed seem to like the old school style of Efeding

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Its actually a great Idea something I have been thinking about and working on but never could find a Efed to work with to make it happen. Most people on Efed seem to like the old school style of Efeding

Thanks for the input
I am a serious video game addict, so everything else I think about ties to games.

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 03:49 PM
HWA actually considered doing this back in the early days of the fed. Broc would be able to give more details as to why they didn't go for it at the time.

IMO, it would be VERY cool to make a fed this way. However, as you say, it's a hell of a lot of work and would require that you invest so many hours into it to make it good and presentable. I honestly don't think that you'd be able to make more than one show per week without considerable manpower. I think between 2 of you you'd probably get out one show per week (taking into consideration that you have to feed all the info (like promos) into the game, play the matches, record them and upload them to youtube).
However, this would definitely serve up an interesting new concept to the e-feds. I'm not an advocate of more e-feds being created on EWN unless they offer something that isn't already on offer. This would most definitely offer something new, and I'd be all for it. I'd strongly consider joining it if it happens.

It's not impossible, but it's just a matter of how big a project you're thinking about doing, and if you think you have the ability to do it.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 03:52 PM
HWA considered this for a while back, me and ihearvoices were working on it, but Sully gave some input that changed evrybody's mind meaning too much work and no time for shows, working every day of the weekto get just one show

BC777
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
I would love to see this happen....But I think the only way it would be able to work was if you could get alota manpower behined it....like maybe even get 2 or more E-Feds to join forces, I think if that happend you would be able to have Ppl Involved to make it work.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 04:04 PM
I would love to see this happen....But I think the only way it would be able to work was if you could get alota manpower behined it....like maybe even get 2 or more E-Feds to join forces, I think if that happend you would be able to have Ppl Involved to make it work.

that may be a good logistical approach

just to be clear, this is just a concept I thought was cool, not something I am looking at doing myself, I have no desire to run an e-fed (though I could totally see making the matches for it)
I may join an efed some day, but I am never going to try to manage one

Destruction
05-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I explained that HWA had this idea a while back, and requires a lot of time, and a bit of equipment to record, put on computer, upload onto youtube, both of which I don't have a lot of. If this did ever come to fruition, I would gladly become a member, but not making the videos.

It's a great idea for sure though, and be a great fed if it happened

Our conversation was VMing, so I expect you all can see that anyway, if you want to read the early thoughts

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I explained that HWA had this idea a while back, and requires a lot of time, and a bit of equipment to record, put on computer, upload onto youtube, both of which I don't have a lot of. If this did ever come to fruition, I would gladly become a member, but not making the videos.

It's a great idea for sure though, and be a great fed if it happened

Our conversation was VMing, so I expect you all can see that anyway, if you want to read the early thoughts

Yeah ihearvoices would make the recordings and I would create the caws and create the show in story designer,voices would download and play

BC777
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
that may be a good logistical approach

just to be clear, this is just a concept I thought was cool, not something I am looking at doing myself, I have no desire to run an e-fed (though I could totally see making the matches for it)
I may join an efed some day, but I am never going to try to manage one

Lol me ethier man....I barely have enough time to get my promos in as it is :P

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Lol me ethier man....I barely have enough time to get my promos in as it is :P

I just didn't want to get anyone's hopes up. I already have a full-time job, not looking for another one (and especially one with no pay) :)

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah ihearvoices would make the recordings and I would create the caws and create the show in story designer,voices would download and play

you saw the CAWs I make in my free time :) (Yes, I am such a nerd that they actually have back stories somewhere, legacy of way too much D&D)

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-11-2012, 04:40 PM
I believe it was iHearVoices who originally introduced the idea. Then it was brought up again later when HWA was trying to find their image. It happened around the same time frame I believe. I actually know how to locate e-Feds on youtube who have been doing shows regularly for years, and they actually put them out consistently and it includes very detailed commentary regarding all of the talents. It's a realistic show experience, and I will show you guys when I find that Fed again.

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-11-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PmvvYK6kk

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I believe it was iHearVoices who originally introduced the idea. Then it was brought up again later when HWA was trying to find their image. It happened around the same time frame I believe. I actually know how to locate e-Feds on youtube who have been doing shows regularly for years, and they actually put them out consistently and it includes very detailed commentary regarding all of the talents. It's a realistic show experience, and I will show you guys when I find that Fed again.

I can garantuee you, it's either more than 2 people or these guys don't have a life

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PmvvYK6kk

exactly, that is awesome. It's immediately engaging, completely personalized, just all around awesome

just imagine if they used an entire e-fed's worth of CAWs to do it all

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Its something that could easily happen it just comes down to people willing to join the Efed, Getting Good writers and then having 2 or 3 people who can create the wrestlers and 1 person who can record all the matches. Again it is something I would still be open to do but it would come down to support. One thing I know is if this was to ever happen it would be a game changer and something fresh and new in the efed world on EWN.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Its something that could easily happen it just comes down to people willing to join the Efed, Getting Good writers and then having 2 or 3 people who can create the wrestlers and 1 person who can record all the matches. Again it is something I would still be open to do but it would come down to support. One thing I know is if this was to ever happen it would be a game changer and something fresh and new in the efed world on EWN.

I would also love to help making the caws and arenas. It would need a lot of hard work and determination, you would need around 4-6 people involved in creative though IMO

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:17 PM

that's what kills it, the huge time investment just wouldn't be possible for too many people.

ah well

say, which is currently the best newbie efed? was thinking about finally joining (after like a year and a half of thinking about it)

Krysys
05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
that's what kills it, the huge time investment just wouldn't be possible for too many people.

ah well

say, which is currently the best newbie efed? was thinking about finally joining (after like a year and a half of thinking about it)

TCW and ICW are the new ones

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:23 PM
TCW and ICW are the new ones

I meant fed for newbies :)

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 05:27 PM
I would also love to help making the caws and arenas. It would need a lot of hard work and determination, you would need around 4-6 people involved in creative though IMO

It would take time to create all the Caws and arenas at first but TBH if you have people writing their own promos and segments then you could easily create,Play & record a show in 1 day. So lets say you had 2 shows all you have to do is spend 2 days of the week working really. Again it could be done but it comes down to people who would be interested in joining and also a strong creative team who can communicate well.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
It would take time to create all the Caws and arenas at first but TBH if you have people writing their own promos and segments then you could easily create,Play & record a show in 1 day. So lets say you had 2 shows all you have to do is spend 2 days of the week working really. Again it could be done but it comes down to people who would be interested in joining and also a strong creative team who can communicate well.

Thinking about it we could do it for the WWE fed

TheDevilsAdvocate
05-11-2012, 05:30 PM

EWA is the newest one to date that caters to the EWNCW, JBW, and HWA vibe.

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Alpha Revolution and/or EWA would be my suggestions.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
EWA is the newest one to date that caters to the EWNCW, JBW, and HWA vibe.

cool, how does one go about attempting to join an e-fed
(that is, if one is not as infamous as Kevin Matthews, kidding)

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Alpha Revolution and/or EWA would be my suggestions.

WWE fed would be easier

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:35 PM
WWE fed would be easier

but then I would be stuck with some other wrestler, right?

zapphoman
05-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Just like IHV said it would be a lot less work if you only created the characters and the matches. Let the people who control the characters write the promos. Write the show as a usual efed would. Writing out what's going on in the ring and backstage and adding the promos then using the youtube videos of the created matches for the match.

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Thinking about it we could do it for the WWE fed

IDK maybe I would most likely go with something fresh and new and allow people to create their own wrestlers. The big issue with that would be not having enough wrestlers in each division like Cruiser weight...Tag team mid card even divas. Everyone wants to be Heavyweights.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Just like IHV said it would be a lot less work if you only created the characters and the matches. Let the people who control the characters write the promos. Write the show as a usual efed would. Writing out what's going on in the ring and backstage and adding the promos then using the youtube videos of the created matches for the match.

in theory everyone would still be writing their own work, just instead of cleaning it up and putting it in the forum directly, it would be a matter of taking that dialog and putting it in with the story creation tool or something

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 05:47 PM
cool, how does one go about attempting to join an e-fed
(that is, if one is not as infamous as Kevin Matthews, kidding)

Go to this thread:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?11564-Alpha-Revolution-Roster
Create your bio using the template provided in the OP and post the finished article in the thread. Someone will be in touch with you soon afterwards.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Go to this thread:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?11564-Alpha-Revolution-Roster
Create your bio using the template provided in the OP and post the finished article in the thread. Someone will be in touch with you soon afterwards.

HEY, you're cheating let him look at the roster threads

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 05:51 PM
HEY, you're cheating let him look at the roster threads

Huh?
That is the roster thread.

Plus, AR is actually newer than EWA.

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 05:52 PM
in theory everyone would still be writing their own work, just instead of cleaning it up and putting it in the forum directly, it would be a matter of taking that dialog and putting it in with the story creation tool or something

Your right, IMO it wouldn't be much work after every wrestler is created that is the hard part. Writing out promos and doing the segments wont be much work seeing I have my keypad for my controller. Again if this is something more people are interested in seeing happen in the Efed world on here I will make it happen. Just let me know

pauadrian
Huh?
That is the roster thread.

Plus, AR is actually newer than EWA.

Fair enough, you win this battle

*goes back to the dark side of the room*

pauadrian
Your right, IMO it wouldn't be much work after every wrestler is created that is the hard part. Writing out promos and doing the segments wont be much work seeing I have my keypad for my controller. Again if this is something more people are interested in seeing happen in the Efed world on here I will make it happen. Just let me know

The arena creations and Paint tool would also require it's own effort

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 05:56 PM
The arena creations and Paint tool would also require it's own effort

Yeah true again if this is something people want Ill make it happen. I got the PVR,keypad so Im good to go.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Yeah true again if this is something people want Ill make it happen. I got the PVR,keypad so Im good to go.

You should start a thread bro, if you need my help creating stuff pm me

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 06:00 PM
You should start a thread bro, if you need my help creating stuff pm me

A Thread for what?

BC777
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I would love to see this....HWA should heavily consider doing this.

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 06:01 PM
A Thread for what?

To see if there is any interest for people joining another fed

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Sully no want

BC777
05-11-2012, 06:04 PM

Hey bro I would suggest HWA...they have a Development League called Redemption that is made for New Guys.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 06:05 PM
A Thread for what?

I think Paudrian is suggesting starting a new thread to see if anyone is interested in actually doing it
for my part, I am willing to help build, I'm decent with the CAW tools and we could trade them over community creations.
would just need people to give lots of details of how they want their guy to look

pauadrian
05-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Paudrian is suggesting starting a new thread to see if anyone is interested in actually doing it
for my part, I am willing to help build, I'm decent with the CAW tools and we could trade them over community creations.
would just need people to give lots of details of how they want their guy to look

Yeah that's what I meant, we could chat over xbox since I have you both added on my friends list

ihearvoices
05-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah that's what I meant, we could chat over xbox since I have you both added on my friends list

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?18930-A-New-Efed-%28Virtual-WWE12%29&p=518727#post518727

here's the thread

Broc
05-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Sorry, but denying the Video Game thing was probably the best decision HWA could have ever made.

I would quickly join this fed shall it come to life though.

Sully
05-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Sorry, but denying the Video Game thing was probably the best decision HWA could have ever made.

You're welcome.

I knew from the start it wasn't going to work. Once I started to learn more and more of how it was going to work, I knew I had to say something. It was a very good debate that IHV and I had that night though, someone should go back into the HWA thread and find where that started. I made a different thread for a poll around the same time too, that one was recently bumped.

But yeah, that debate was really fun that night.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 06:53 PM
You're welcome.

I knew from the start it wasn't going to work. Once I started to learn more and more of how it was going to work, I knew I had to say something. It was a very good debate that IHV and I had that night though, someone should go back into the HWA thread and find where that started. I made a different thread for a poll around the same time too, that one was recently bumped.

But yeah, that debate was really fun that night.

the way I look at it, it may crash and burn, but as long as everyone had fun during the attempt, it is totally worth trying

ihearvoices
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Just a quick update I'm giving this Efed til Next week Monday to get the 12 Caw roster info done or I will just cancel this Efed altogether. So if you guys really want this please support it.

Asherdelampyr
05-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Just a quick update I'm giving this Efed til Next week Monday to get the 12 Caw roster info done or I will just cancel this Efed altogether. So if you guys really want this please support it.

fair enough

does my tag team count as two?

KJ PUNK
05-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Bump for curiosity.

ihearvoices
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
fair enough

does my tag team count as two?

Not really but seeing how this thing has not picked up with more members What I will do is use this idea in Booking and the few people like you who do want to be apart will be free to do so. I think this is one of those things that once people actually see going on success then they will join.

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Not really but seeing how this thing has not picked up with more members What I will do is use this idea in Booking and the few people like you who do want to be apart will be free to do so. I think this is one of those things that once people actually see going on success then they will join.

Probably, it's an untested theory, so I can see people being cautious

ihearvoices
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Probably, it's an untested theory, so I can see people being cautious

I agree so the plan will go like this, I will go back to the booker section and book shows for UWE again but this time use the WWe 12 idea and everyone who wants to be apart of that is more than welcome. 1 or 2 months from now if I start getting more request I will start a EFed.

Asherdelampyr
05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
cool stuff
hope it floats.