PDA

View Full Version : I've Noticed some themes in these e Feds

Yes2J
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM
(No, this is not "in character")
This is just a post I wanted to make to bring somethings to light:
There's a surprising under utilization of managers/ringside partners.

Lack of women wrestlers. (No female forum members? This is all just RPG really isn't it?)

Poor punctuating and misspelling. If necessary I would suggest when doing promos, use Microsoft Word if your internet doesn't provide spell check. I only say this because it's easier to get through a promo or story line when it's more easily read.

Maybe I'm going over my head making suggestions, but this is just general points I want to make to all feds. Pretty much all of the feds here are already super-solid, but I just thought I'd bring these points up.
All the best.

Broc
05-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Women's wrestling is only on JBW (there's only like, 3 female members on here)

And I agree on punctuation and grammar. Most of the time, the show writer edits the promos for grammar, but it does get annoying.

Krysys
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Women's wrestling is only on JBW (there's only like, 3 female members on here)

And I agree on punctuation and grammar. Most of the time, the show writer edits the promos for grammar, but it does get annoying.

This is actually no longer true. A-Rev has been making use of female characters (Utilized by male members)

SilverGhost
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM
-Well....most can write well enough that they won't need a "typing piece". But there are stable members that can be outside of the ring when the action happens.

-Spelling and grammar are important. Stuff has to make sense but eh....

-You can be a woman lol

Giddy
05-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I believe EWA is starting a women division.

VanHooliganX
05-10-2012, 09:59 PM
I believe EWA is starting a women division.

Yup. With a good handful of decent female characters. Maybe even a female title in the future.

Yes2J
05-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Well that's good to hear. I've actually studied some of the past of many eFeds, but haven't caught up to more recent events. I can tell that at the very least, these things were missing for awhile. Glad to hear that though.

B-MCINTYRE
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
I have a koala as a manager!

Tommy Thunder
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM

True. Why? No idea. I guess nobody wants to use a manager/valet. Only very few do.

Lack of women wrestlers. (No female forum members? This is all just RPG really isn't it?)

Well there's no rule against anybody signing up as a female wrestler, but again, nobody has. And yeah, there's only 2 regular women here, and there's another 3 (random guess) that drop in from time to time.

Poor punctuating and misspelling. If necessary I would suggest when doing promos, use Microsoft Word if your internet doesn't provide spell check. I only say this because it's easier to get through a promo or story line when it's more easily read.

I personally use MS Word to write my shows, and I correct promos as much as I can before shows are posted, but if it's persistent, it's hard. I mean like you say, why can't everyone use spellcheck? It's free right?

Maybe I'm going over my head making suggestions, but this is just general points I want to make to all feds. Pretty much all of the feds here are already super-solid, but I just thought I'd bring these points up.
All the best.

We're all aware of all the points you made, so it's not that we're blissfully ignoring these obvious faults, we're actually doing our best to correct them.
Thanks for the feedback though! Good to see you taking a good interest in the feds :)

eyehatecena
05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Yup. With a good handful of decent female characters. Maybe even a female title in the future.

Thats the plan- we have 8 or nine female wrestlers. Manager wise- Roba is also Gerarld Croft- manager of my Hanz Gruber in EWA. Barbie Panzer- manager of the Panzer Division in EWA. And as Billy said- his koala is Dingo Macs manager- even though he really can't do anything but look cool.

Tommy Thunder
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Thats the plan- we have 8 or nine female wrestlers. Manager wise- Roba is also Gerarld Croft- manager of my Hanz Gruber in EWA. Barbie Panzer- manager of the Panzer Division in EWA. And as Billy said- his koala is Dingo Macs manager- even though he really can't do anything but look cool.

You think that's cool? HA! We've got Ric motherfreaking Flair as EWNCW's resident manager!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

Plus Arius has Alice as his Valet/manager and Nightmare has Sir Gunther Wigbert as his manager.

But we've got Ric Flair!! WOOOOOOO!!!

S.E. Zero
05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
You think that's cool? HA! We've got Ric motherfreaking Flair as EWNCW's resident manager!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

Plus Arius has Alice as his Valet/manager and Nightmare has Sir Gunther Wigbert as his manager.

I want Ric Flair as a manger :(

Lol, just messing :)

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 12:11 AM
I want Ric Flair as a manger :(

Lol, just messing :)

That can actually be arranged, since he isn't actually managing anyone since he broke away from Bam.
We're actually looking to get him back managing someone.

S.E. Zero
05-11-2012, 12:16 AM
That can actually be arranged, since he isn't actually managing anyone since he broke away from Bam.

I don't really have any character that needs to be managed, I generally speak for them quite well. Though having Flair as manager would be interesting......

I have 2 active guys in EWNCW through Brutality (with 4 more to come soon, plus a few bots) so I don't know. I'll let you know though.

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't really have any character that needs to be managed, I generally speak for them quite well. Though having Flair as manager would be interesting......

I have 2 active guys in EWNCW through Brutality (with 4 more to come soon, plus a few bots) so I don't know. I'll let you know though.

It's something we need to discuss in more detail in the batcave really.
However, after bringing it up here, I've had a brainwave about it. I better write the idea down in the cave in case I forget!

Robstar
05-11-2012, 12:24 AM
I have a koala as a manager!

I am a woman! Oh that's right, I don't efed

Bodom
05-11-2012, 12:26 AM

I always figured you for a cross-dresser.

S.E. Zero
05-11-2012, 12:26 AM

I betcha you would if they promised you Vickie as your manager.....;)

B-MCINTYRE
05-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Will I am is johnny hots awesome manager

Destruction
05-11-2012, 01:10 AM

Don't forget Elfreida Frewin managing Amadeus Frewin

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 01:11 AM

Oh, I forgot that Arthur Lansdale has Ms Ravensdell as his valet too!

And yes. I did just quote myself.

Torphy
05-11-2012, 01:44 AM

All the best.

Yes, and yes. Two of my characters have managers/valets. In regards to one, the valet is more for promo variety as opposed to ringside presence. But the other one I see as more of a Paul Heyman type character, the voice of my wrestler as well as very active at ringside. Be nice to see more emphasis put on this type of character though during matches for all fedders.

Second point, the spelling, punctuation and grammar use in the feds. I don't read promos that aren't written in a clear, and proper manner. That's just my choice, the way I see it is that if you won't take the time and effort to present your work in a readable manner, I won't give the time and effort to read it.

That second comment might get me a bit of heat, but it's the stone cold truth.

Sully
05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't like the Divas division WWE, why would I want to read about it?

If enough people were willing to have female characters...say at least 6 or 8, then I can see something happening, but it's really just not worth it.

Besides, you never see WWE Divas in any hardcore matches, and we run a Hardcore Fed. It'd make things kind of difficult and interesting, but more difficult.

How many feds have you read through? All the different runs, or just a few?

Destruction
05-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't like the Divas division WWE, why would I want to read about it?

If enough people were willing to have female characters...say at least 6 or 8, then I can see something happening, but it's really just not worth it.

Besides, you never see WWE Divas in any hardcore matches, and we run a Hardcore Fed. It'd make things kind of difficult and interesting, but more difficult.

How many feds have you read through? All the different runs, or just a few?

EWA officially have 8 now I believe, so a divas division is starting up

And I would be against a HWA divas division, for the fact that its a Hardcore Fed, as you stated

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 04:41 PM
EWA officially have 8 now I believe, so a divas division is starting up

And I would be against a HWA divas division, for the fact that its a Hardcore Fed, as you stated

I wouldn't say I'm against it.
Why not write out the matches for the divas? I know that's a big ask since it's time consuming, but if you do have the time, then it's something to consider surely? If not though, then you're right in saying that there's no point having it.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:00 PM
being a manager would be fun, I don't know why there are not more of them.
Maybe it's the idea of trying to work that much with another person? But there are tag-teams, so that isn't it

Tommy Thunder
05-11-2012, 05:06 PM
being a manager would be fun, I don't know why there are not more of them.
Maybe it's the idea of trying to work that much with another person? But there are tag-teams, so that isn't it

To be fair, most of the tag teams are just one person controlling both members of the team.
I don't know, when people sign up, they sign up wanting to do their own promos, not depend on a manager. And if the manager doesn't cut the promos, it kind of makes it irrelevant to have someone separate controlling the manager.

I'd like to see more managers utilized personally. EWNCW have a resident manager in the form of Ric Flair that we will assign to anyone we feel could do with an extra boost on the promo side of things.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 05:13 PM
To be fair, most of the tag teams are just one person controlling both members of the team.
I don't know, when people sign up, they sign up wanting to do their own promos, not depend on a manager. And if the manager doesn't cut the promos, it kind of makes it irrelevant to have someone separate controlling the manager.

I'd like to see more managers utilized personally. EWNCW have a resident manager in the form of Ric Flair that we will assign to anyone we feel could do with an extra boost on the promo side of things.

Hadn't thought about that with the tag teams

eyehatecena
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't say I'm against it.
Why not write out the matches for the divas? I know that's a big ask since it's time consuming, but if you do have the time, then it's something to consider surely? If not though, then you're right in saying that there's no point having it.

I wrote out the finishing of EWA first Woman's(I hate the term Diva) match and we have plans down the road for even more with the womens division

Broc
05-12-2012, 09:08 PM

I remember when Ric Flair kept posting the HWA roster thread, and Sully thought he was going to join. I remember he was practically praying that he didn't, lol.