PDA

View Full Version : The John Laurinaitis/Big Johnny/Johnny Ace/Guy With a Famous Brother/Nephew Thread

LuckIsForLosers
05-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Call this an irksome attempt at getting a sticky.

Or lambast me for making a thread about someone bland and irritating.

But I wanted to make a thread devoted to this lovable character just for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gPRe8hHFc

Go to 1 mins 25 - 1 mins 35 - "Brock Cena" - absolute gold I say! Do they come up with this in creative or is he really that deficient re an interlocutor from brain to mouth?!

But anyway - post all things Big Johnny here. Or alternatively, shut this thread down :o

What did he say about Dr Death Steve Williams and his throat by the way and is this true?

Asherdelampyr
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Johnny Ace is one of the best authority figures WWE has had in a while. Hes doing one hell of a job being the evil boss in his feuds with CM Punk and John Cena. I was kinda annoyed with him at first but hes growing on me.

same here
I am completely surprised, didn't expect to see his character last this long

Robstar
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
He's definitely finding his feet. Much better than the stammering geek he started out as on screen.

I'll make this sticky for you.....until it stops getting traffic anyway

justinjackson1983
05-10-2012, 07:31 PM
He's definitely finding his feet. Much better than the stammering geek he started out as on screen.

I'll make this sticky for you.....until it stops getting traffic anyway

Is it me or has his theme music slightly been altered since wrestlemania, I errrm recorded it from youtube after wrestlemania as a ringtone and since then I swear its altered...... and YES I really recorded his theme music as a ringtone and WHAT!? :P

CobraNightviper
05-10-2012, 07:51 PM
I never thought I would say this but I like big Johnny now.

GreatMuta4life
05-10-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm liking him more and more, and despite what Punk says, he's a badass and I'm looking forward to seeing him wrestle again. Check out this insanely stiff match with one of the greatest of all time, Mitsuharu Misawa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NzA4SWPWoQ

TheLegendaryIcon
05-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Awww.... You forgot my favorite brief nickname Punk gave him, "clown shoes".

I checked it about his voice after hearing that and can't find anything history based on it. Just people reporting that now. So part of me is saying it's just a work in order to explain his voice and to maybe garner some type of sympathy for his character vs. the criticism of Punk and co.

CM_SUXX_NOT
05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Awww.... You forgot my favorite brief nickname Punk gave him, "clown shoes".

I checked it about his voice after hearing that and can't find anything history based on it. Just people reporting that now. So part of me is saying it's just a work in order to explain his voice and to maybe garner some type of sympathy for his character vs. the criticism of Punk and co.

He definitely worked with Dr Death at some point so it's a possibility. One isn't just born with a voice that one could get stabbed for.

Giddy
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM
At first he kind of irked me, but he's definitely grown on me, and I think he's one of the best evil authority figures in a very long time.

#ClownShoes!

Giddy
05-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Is it me or has his theme music slightly been altered since wrestlemania, I errrm recorded it from youtube after wrestlemania as a ringtone and since then I swear its altered...... and YES I really recorded his theme music as a ringtone and WHAT!? :P
I just looked it up, and yeah he altered it. His theme was "A Global Force" from April 4-April 30, and now it's "Fanfare to the Rule" since the 30th

justinjackson1983
05-11-2012, 07:02 AM
I just looked it up, and yeah he altered it. His theme was "A Global Force" from April 4-April 30, and now it's "Fanfare to the Rule" since the 30th

see I knew I was'nt going crazy, well any crazier than I already am

ELNIOJR
05-11-2012, 05:32 PM
This FELLA gonna be a HUGE YouTube sensation :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=u73-Kf6FV08

LuckIsForLosers
05-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Ha at the botch video.

Why thank you Robstar...though it's maintenance as a sticky thread relies on Johnny doing something noteworthy every Monday...most likely a botch. That Brock Cena thing still makes me chuckle.

Yeah he's growing on me too. I actually like him. His voice is extremely odd, sounds like he has a disease of the throat.

Asherdelampyr
05-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Ha at the botch video.

Why thank you Robstar...though it's maintenance as a sticky thread relies on Johnny doing something noteworthy every Monday...most likely a botch. That Brock Cena thing still makes me chuckle.

Yeah he's growing on me too. I actually like him. His voice is extremely odd, sounds like he has a disease of the throat.

or like he spent far too long trying to earn money from sailors.

TheLegendaryIcon
05-12-2012, 10:01 AM
He definitely worked with Dr Death at some point so it's a possibility. One isn't just born with a voice that one could get stabbed for.

Yeah, but in promos you can find from the NWA/WCW run he had from 1986-1990 he has that voice. (Same era of videos you can find where he's up against "Mean" Mark Callous AKA Undertaker.) This was prior to his ten year (1990-2000) AJPW run where he claims to have suffered an injury from Dr. Death Steve Williams. Although the two did have an overlapping seven year run in AJPW between 1990-1997, this also wouldn't be the first time WWE took liberties with what really happened in the past. This is especially true with them when it can be a little more difficult to prove it did or didn't happen. As, how many people in the IWC have an archive of AJPW and marked out for Johnny Ace?

kohnk85
05-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Shut John Laurenitis up? God this guy is a tool, and horrible to watch! They want him to get over as a heel GM, but this guy just doesn't have it! I'm more so annoyed than angered by him. I turn the channel every time he comes on. The lower ratings during his segments should tell WWE that this just isn't working. And talk about failing on the mic. This guy is all about a "people power" era and yet, on Raw just now, He said to the big show, "I don't care about you. I don't care about them (referring to the fans)." Well, that already ruins his "people power" era if he doesn't care about what the fans want. Cant he just fall off a cliff?

Robstar
05-14-2012, 09:27 PM
There's a whole thread of people who disagree with you - http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?18877-The-John-Laurinaitis-Big-Johnny-Johnny-Ace-Guy-With-a-Famous-Brother-Nephew-Thread

kohnk85
05-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Disagree if you want. This is simply my opinion, which is what a forum is all about. Open writing where people can express how they feel. Some people like him..cool. I want to drive my head through a wall every time I see him pop up. Am I saying Teddy Long was better? No. But give me someone like Chris Jericho in a GM form. Then, I would be entertained. Far more than with Johnny Ace up there.

The Piper
05-14-2012, 10:39 PM
So, what you're saying is, John Laurenitus is a heel.

HCollins-TNA1
05-15-2012, 12:55 AM
Looks like WWE is succeeding in building the heel heat for John Laurenitus..... Looks like he'll beat Cena as well Sunday, if I thinking what going to happen happens...

EWN Probie
05-15-2012, 01:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDjyMTL1gQA

Androo
05-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Calling Laurinaitis to lead a stable of WWE's giants and monsters. Big Show, swerve, stable member. Tensai, Khali, ect blah blah blah

american_dragon
05-22-2012, 12:30 AM
I think the revolution is going to be the overthrow of Johnny. It makes since after tonight's Raw.

Haruko Haruhara
05-22-2012, 01:35 AM
No I do not think so.

Robstar
05-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Called it!!!

The Australian tour in August and September has had a change. Instead of John Cena (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news?Item%5Btags%5D=John%20Cena) vs. Tensai and John Laurinaitis, it is now set for Cena vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis. Any advertising of Tensai being in Australia has been removed.