PDA

View Full Version : Bring CRYME TYME BACK!!!

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-06-2010, 12:08 PM
This little topic came to me after watching the JTG vs Dolph Ziggler match on smackdown. Why doesn't WWE bring Cryme Tyme back?? Both Shad (I think) AND JTG are still with the WWE. With the lackluster tag team division they have, you would think WWE bookers would be smart to bring them back together instead of just using one or the other as jobbers. How's about you bring them back to bring some flavor back into your division?

Lets be real. JTG has not done a damn thing since he became a singles wrestler and honestly I don't see him going anywhere above midcards in his entire career. He'd be lucky to hold a championship once, but it'd probably be for a short time. And Shad has not been seen on TV ever since he went heel against JTG and got sent back down to FCW to help work on his gimmick. I, for one, thought it was completely stupid to break them up in the first place. They were such an awesome tag team and very entertaining to watch. I couldn't get enough of their 'gangsta' antics. They were SO over with the fans too. But I guess WWE just couldn't figure out what to do with them and just disbanded them .... like they are getting ready to do with the Harts. So stupid.

IMO, they should totally bring them back. They can do like this storyline where Shad regrets the things he has done to JTG and they can do a storyline throughout the month where Shad tries to win back his trust, which he eventually does. Something along those lines. I think both wrestlers will get over more as a tag team than as individuals, anyways. MONEY MONEY! YEAH YEAH!

What do you guys think?

Sondreg
11-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Cryme tyme were horrible, im glad they arent around anymore. Shad is horrible in the ring and JTG has a moveset that just looks redicilous. Both will be gone from WWE within 6 months.

nrb6304
11-06-2010, 12:24 PM
defiantly was never impressed IN RING with either, BUT I thought as a team they were really good, great chemistry gimmick wise. In ring they were lackluster yes, but not horrible. I think some of the funniest moments involved cryme tyme.
Hell their WORD UP segment was part of smackdown worth watching for a while

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Cryme tyme were horrible, im glad they arent around anymore. Shad is horrible in the ring and JTG has a moveset that just looks redicilous. Both will be gone from WWE within 6 months.

they were entertaining backstage but in the ring they couldnt back it up specially shad he was just the typical big guy who doesnt talk alot, and u know u wont get far like that in the wwe

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Please allow the most stand out fourm poster in the EWN community to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I cant put in words how I feel about bringing back Cryme Tyme I'll just show you http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-jGtR5PDYubHoZLRCNnYjPPQY_YjQqobJndefr62JGp4OwE8&t=1&usg=__-3rkxAB7-tLLHNlq9CxOdZCGMW4=
They aren't over with the crowd, hell even black people think its a bullshit stereotype. Maybe instead of MONEY MONEY! YEAH YEAH! they can change there catchphrase to http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgVGAbzB7nn99S2LZjhPWBkLITc20u0 acwACwPN1sXSib3kj0&t=1&usg=__msj38ACQ6S2htf9YBhW1CXP2Od4=
U MAD???

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Please allow the most stand out fourm poster in the EWN community to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I cant put in words how I feel about bringing back Cryme Tyme I'll just show you http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-jGtR5PDYubHoZLRCNnYjPPQY_YjQqobJndefr62JGp4OwE8&t=1&usg=__-3rkxAB7-tLLHNlq9CxOdZCGMW4=
They aren't over with the crowd, hell even black people think its a bullshit stereotype. Maybe instead of MONEY MONEY! YEAH YEAH! they can change there catchphrase to http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgVGAbzB7nn99S2LZjhPWBkLITc20u0 acwACwPN1sXSib3kj0&t=1&usg=__msj38ACQ6S2htf9YBhW1CXP2Od4=
U MAD???
How can you say they weren't over with the crowd? Did you not hear the reaction they get everytime they came out? They got huge POPs from the audience. Their segments were probably one of the funniest things in the 2000s. Also, I'm black and I find what they do to be very entertaining.

Bam
11-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Cryme Tyme as a whole was dumb. THEY MIS-SPELLED 'CRIME' an 'TIME'. Should that not be insulting? Not only did they stereotype blacks with Cryme Tyme they also made them look extremely stupid. They should just stay split-up an get themselves some better gimmicks. If the time comes that they DO happen to have a reunion together then they should really drop all that stereotypical BS. I'd rather have seen Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri Yoshihiro, Kenzo Suzuki, or Yoshitatsu get a push over them. SORRY if I offended anyone. I woke up an had myself a big glass of hater-rade.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-06-2010, 01:10 PM
How can you say they weren't over with the crowd? Did you not hear the reaction they get everytime they came out? They got huge POPs from the audience.

Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. The WWE is a show made for tv.They have overzealous production values especially on smack down, and you ask why-----------------because its f'n taped and they can do what they want. Look man, I was in the crowd in the 2000's when CRYME TYME was there, believe me the audience didn't give a shit about them or there gimmick. I really hate spoiling the magic that is pro rasslin but make no mistake about it, the WWE uses artificial crowd noise all the time and sometimes its such a shitty job you can hear it. Go back and listen to Gillberg chants if you want to waste your time and don't believe me. TNA does the same stuff with TNA chants when people's mouth in the audience isn't even moving.U MAD???

Bodom
11-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Cryme Tyme as a whole was dumb. THEY MIS-SPELLED 'CRIME' an 'TIME'. Should that not be insulting? Not only did they stereotype blacks with Cryme Tyme they also made them look extremely stupid. They should just stay split-up an get themselves some better gimmicks. If the time comes that they DO happen to have a reunion together then they should really drop all that stereotypical BS. I'd rather have seen Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri Yoshihiro, Kenzo Suzuki, or Yoshitatsu get a push over them. SORRY if I offended anyone. I woke up an had myself a big glass of hater-rade.

So are you also insulted when you see Rey Mysterio? Insulted when Rhyno was in the WWE? There are plenty of other logical reason to dislike the shitfest that was Cryme Tyme

Bam
11-06-2010, 01:42 PM
So are you also insulted when you see Rey Mysterio? Insulted when Rhyno was in the WWE? There are plenty of other logical reason to dislike the shitfest that was Cryme Tyme

I will just take that as you are agreeing with me? >>;;

Kid_Gangsta
11-06-2010, 03:02 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/x2qlbk.gif wow u guys sure are crabby about Cryme Tyme. They were the Best team the WWE had in a long Tyme and it was stupid if them to break their best team up.

Bodom
11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/x2qlbk.gif wow u guys sure are crabby about Cryme Tyme. They were the Best team the WWE had in a long Tyme and it was stupid if them to break their best team up.

Jerishow 4 lyfe fool

TJHawkesybaby
11-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Please no! Please do not bring these arse biscuits back!!!

Bodom
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Please no! Please do not bring these arse biscuits back!!!

Im adding arse biscuit to my vocabulary.

Kid_Gangsta
11-06-2010, 03:30 PM
True dat. But the Boys from CROOKLYN will always have a place in my heart http://i53.tinypic.com/nbtb81.gif

Bodom
11-06-2010, 03:37 PM
True dat. But the Boys from CROOKLYN will always have a place in my heart http://i53.tinypic.com/nbtb81.gif

Well they at least have one fan

Iron Ape
11-06-2010, 03:38 PM

Why was it stupid to break up a tag team in a company that doesn't give a damn about tag teams? Keeping people stuck together just to represent a dead division makes no sense.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Well they at least have one fan

It's a start.

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. The WWE is a show made for tv.They have overzealous production values especially on smack down, and you ask why-----------------because its f'n taped and they can do what they want. Look man, I was in the crowd in the 2000's when CRYME TYME was there, believe me the audience didn't give a shit about them or there gimmick. I really hate spoiling the magic that is pro rasslin but make no mistake about it, the WWE uses artificial crowd noise all the time and sometimes its such a shitty job you can hear it. Go back and listen to Gillberg chants if you want to waste your time and don't believe me. TNA does the same stuff with TNA chants when people's mouth in the audience isn't even moving.U MAD???

wow but they only do it on the backstage acts?

IrkenInvader
11-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Rated RKO,

to bad Orton carried that team.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Damn. Aside from Kid_Gangsta and me, there was not a single good comment towards Cryme Tyme on this forum. Seriously people? Are they THAT bad?? I truly don't think so. In my opinion, they are entertaining. Were they the best in the ring? No. They were decent at best. Regardless, I am proud to stand out as one of Cryme Tyme's fans.I'm not the only one either. There are more fans do you guys think. I can go to any youtube video and see nothing but 'lol' or 'cryme tyme rules' comments. So for anyone to say 'no one cares about them' is not really being fair towards them.

I still say they should come back.

Bodom
11-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Good for you. Im glad to hear that some people enjoyed their act.

BevinBoyz
11-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Damn. Aside from Kid_Gangsta and me, there was not a single good comment towards Cryme Tyme on this forum.

thats untill my comment now ^_^.... Cryme Tyme were TUFF!! with them it was always M.O.B!! the reason it was spelled Cryme Tyme was not a mispelling, it was made like that due to there HOOD gimmick. As For not getting a large POP. ive also seen them live. and they were BIG. everyone yelled MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH, i would love to see them back. Wrestling_Deluxe_08, Kid_Gangsta and i can stay all about that... MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH,,

Iron Ape
11-07-2010, 03:10 AM
thats untill my comment now ^_^.... Cryme Tyme were TUFF!! with them it was always M.O.B!! the reason it was spelled Cryme Tyme was not a mispelling, it was made like that due to there HOOD gimmick. As For not getting a large POP. ive also seen them live. and they were BIG. everyone yelled MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH, i would love to see them back. Wrestling_Deluxe_08, Kid_Gangsta and i can stay all about that... MONEY MONEY YEAH YEAH,,
Here's a revelation if I ever saw one. All this time, most of us just assumed that it was a mistake that they didn't catch until the last minute and decided to run with anyways.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Exactly BevinBoyz. They are suppose to come across stererotypical, but the way it is done is hilarious :D Thats why I enjoy them.

Bodom
11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
How are Stereotypes funny?

So if there was a tag team of greedy money hoarding jews you'd find it funny and enjoyable because its stereotypical? Lazy Mexicans? Drunk Irish? Gun toting klan member whites?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-07-2010, 10:38 AM
WTH? Why the hell would any of that be funny dude? Come on man. You missed my point by miles. I was referring to a specific type of stereotype that Cryme Tyme portrays and they do it in a comedy sense that makes it funny. Black comedians do this all the time.

Bodom
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
No no I didn't. I took your exact same reasoning and applied it to other situations. The very basis of what you said was still intact.

But ok. Black Stereotypes = Funny; Every other Sterotype = Not Funny. Why does the line draw there?

Perfectly reasonable for a PG television marketed to children to do things because "comedians" do them as well

Iron Ape
11-07-2010, 11:26 AM
WTH? Why the hell would any of that be funny dude? Come on man. You missed my point by miles. I was referring to a specific type of stereotype that Cryme Tyme portrays and they do it in a comedy sense that makes it funny. Black comedians do this all the time.

Actually, I think you missed your own point by miles, kiddo. You seem to only want to allow stereotypes when it's convenient for your own point.

Also, I never got the memo about "black comedians" being barometers for what's acceptable and what's not acceptable. Just because certain people do certain things, that doesn't make it right (or funny, for that matter). Besides, if a bunch of other people are already working Cryme Tyme's schtick, then why do we need to see Cryme Tyme regurgitate the same old thing? There's nothing particularly fresh or interesting about watching 2 dudes doing the same thing a bunch of other dudes are already doing.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Whatever. Obviously me trying to explain why I enjoy Cryme Tyme is just going to insult a lot of people. So screw it. I enjoy Cryme Tyme. Take it for what you want. I apologize if I offend others for what I said.

BevinBoyz
11-07-2010, 01:06 PM

So if there was a tag team of greedy money hoarding jews you'd find it funny and enjoyable because its stereotypical? Lazy Mexicans? Drunk Irish? Gun toting klan member whites?

if i seen sum arabs Runnin around with a AK yelling... ALALALALALA!!! PRAISE ALAH!!! I'd laugh MY FUKIN ASS OFF!!!! give findly a few drinks i'd laugh.. after The Mexicools, supercrazy seemed lazy atleast 2 me.... JEWS just bore me 2 death no matter what the do... BTW IM NOT RACISTS!!! I HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY!!

Bodom
11-07-2010, 01:12 PM
if i seen sum arabs Runnin around with a AK yelling... ALALALALALA!!! PRAIS ALAH!!! I'd laugh MY FUKIN ASS OFF!!!! give findly a few drinks i'd laugh.. after The Mexicools, supercrazy seemed lazy atleast 2 me.... JEWS just bore me 2 death no matter what the do... BTW IM NOT RACISTS!!! I HAVE EVERYONE EQUALLY!!

All I ask for is consistency.

Rich Cranium
11-07-2010, 01:21 PM
if i seen sum arabs Runnin around with a AK yelling... ALALALALALA!!! PRAISE ALAH!!! I'd laugh MY FUKIN ASS OFF!!!! give findly a few drinks i'd laugh.. after The Mexicools, supercrazy seemed lazy atleast 2 me.... JEWS just bore me 2 death no matter what the do... BTW IM NOT RACISTS!!! I HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY!!

The Mexicools were very funny. I wonder if they still drive those Juan Deere's.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM

greedy jews
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmkiBlpUlI32f5i8OrRYV01xyxUQr6H IIh0UWitltMY_C13v4&t=1&usg=__Ov1NCt2UGvrigrzramjXpOELHrw=
lazy mexicans
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRILEXzei7OItTUXoJ4d365rEuMv9LYI W970aOyrBUb8l3okbE&t=1&usg=__PR82Bl2H4amysZFo7I41H3dzL9k=
drunk irish
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbS1LbgocsBi423_ESatuml7rRbJTlD 85DZ29n6rdu1AJUiw0&t=1&usg=__EGwEk5CgW-taCHNKywaCioSAqvA=
klan with guns
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWJeLkvfhELxKl6smTTJ9q8xRDizKZm HB7AmTojvQ4HOi7GEw&t=1&usg=__gInymJXBWZKQgRgMVOiQuyLB8JQ=
now we have the visual, all thanks to me. your welcome!!!!!

Bodom
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Stay classy IPITS.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Stay classy IPITS.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOaRm8IUneqsHxp4Seep1S3-dj15nNIMLTebDVf_Rv7_r940g&t=1&usg=__5cC3YQtfz_yZOa7DKqD9rIfWSH4=

BevinBoyz
11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
The Mexicools were very funny. I wonder if they still drive those Juan Deere's.

yes they were funny.. i liked them but after there brake supercrazy became superlazy

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-07-2010, 05:30 PM
LOL! This guy ...

Mexicools were hilarious. I especially liked that tag team because all three members could put on really good matches. Another team that I thought should have held the titles first before they disbanded.

I think IPEEINTHESHOWER visualized what I wanted to say with those pics. :D Lol.

Robstar
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Apparantly googling funny pics is a substitute for wit these days.

I'm not a fan of the stereotypical portrayal of black gangstas, but I really liked Cryme Tyme. WWE really dropped the ball when they A)missed the chance to appeal/appease the black demograph who would really like to see an black american as a champion, well why not the tags? and B)when they went absolutely nowhere with the Cryme Tyme Cenation idea. Cena with Shad & JTG would have ruled - even better as heels IMO

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Apparantly googling funny pics is a substitute for wit these days.

Hey now, I'm not getting paid for this stuff, I do the best I can. I will try not to use so many pics but I think they make my point more clever and lets face it, when I try to use my wit some people misinterpret the meaning of what I'm trying to portray and totally take what I say out of context. With a picture its easier to understand for some of the not so bright people among us.:)

Robstar
11-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Fair enough, but it's a sad world we live in when people can't figure it out without visual aids. You just keep being yourself and don't worry about what other people think. As long as you stay within the guidelines you'll be sweet

Rich Cranium
11-07-2010, 07:01 PM
As long as you stay within the guidelines you'll be sweet

Sweet as Lenny and Lodi! (Yes Rob, another googled comedy image! Enjoy!)

Robstar
11-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Sweet as Lenny and Lodi! (Yes Rob, another googled comedy image! Enjoy!)

That's not Lenny and Lodi, that's IPITS & me!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-07-2010, 07:16 PM
That's not Lenny and Lodi, that's IPITS & me!

Im the giver, not the taker.

U MAD???

Robstar
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm the train, not the tunnel!!!

DAM U!!!

Bodom
11-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey now, I'm not getting paid for this stuff, I do the best I can. I will try not to use so many pics but I think they make my point more clever and lets face it, when I try to use my wit some people misinterpret the meaning of what I'm trying to portray and totally take what I say out of context. With a picture its easier to understand for some of the not so bright people among us.:)

Nothing you say is clever.

wretlingrock392
11-08-2010, 02:20 AM

You can count me in for wanting these guys back together, yes they werent the most spectacular group, but in a time when the tag titles were dieing they seemed like they were going to be the ones to save it

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Nothing you say is clever.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq4whlRlKleE34OCw_MYvksPHVMgiUP-md_QVQoyK8lDyIcbw&t=1&usg=__vmcA5pOCpz9EvoS6gmoM2tq1FSs=

SaberToothTigerz
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq4whlRlKleE34OCw_MYvksPHVMgiUP-md_QVQoyK8lDyIcbw&t=1&usg=__vmcA5pOCpz9EvoS6gmoM2tq1FSs=

i couldnt help but to save that picture onto my pc :D