PDA

View Full Version : New PPVs. Ideas and suggestions welcome.

URATOOL
05-10-2012, 01:55 AM
So I posted a thread about a Tag Team themed PPV. Where all the matches were TT matches of one type or another. Some liked the idea but many commented that they didn't think a PPV based solely on TT matches would work. It got me thinking and I don't think several of the current PPV themes work well either. I think it's time for a fresh look at The E's PPVs.

I say ditch Extreme Rules (as it's not really any more extreme than most of the other PPVs). Then scrap Over The Limit (What is the 'theme' or that PPV again????). Condense HIAC, No Way Out and Eliminate Chamber PPVs into one Cage PPV. Oh and bounce MITB back to where it belongs in WM.

Oh look. We've just freed up 5 PPV slots. Plenty of room for some new PPV ideas. I say try a Tag Team themed PPV. What other suggestions have you got? Oh and try and make them original. Just replying with lets use WCW's War Games format is just rehashing old stuff (something many people are bored of).

SilverGhost
05-10-2012, 02:02 AM
A tag team based PPV does sound like a good idea. Maybe have a tournament to determine number one contenders or tournament winners that lead up to a potential tag team championship match.

Tomsta666
05-10-2012, 02:03 AM
An all diva PPV. With cage matches, ladder matches, battle royales etc...

Haruko Haruhara
05-10-2012, 02:11 AM
I'd love to see a submissions ppv. Or a under 225 ppv. It would be cool to see a few long matches also. Maybe a 4 match 60 min iron man ppv.

CM Rock-Austin
05-10-2012, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't mind this if they had better wrestlers and good story lines for the matches.

Mikeyboy7777777
05-10-2012, 02:42 AM
first get every title to be held by a face then have a ppv each with one tournament for every belt with some stipulations for example you may only enter one tournament so only tag teams will enter the tag team section because they'd rather have people like kofi kingston(unless he's the champ) be in the us title or ic title hunt.

alexrules01
05-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Do all PPV's need a 'Theme?' I like Over the Limit soley on the fact there is no theme, any type of match can happen and the PPV names isn't based off a match, like Fatal Fourway.
However an idea would be, every title is defended and the challenger/s for each title are totally random. I know this isn't great marketing-wise, but it adds a somewhat unpredictable factor

PSOjedi
05-10-2012, 03:15 AM
PPV Name : Future Endeavours
Rules : Losers are fired and winners chose a wrestler (or a Tag Team if the losers are a Tag Team) who isn't a WWE superstar to be hired and have a try out match on RAW. Of course this try out match will be judge by 5 WWE Superstars, and if the wrestler is well judge, WWE gives him a 1 year contract. this 1 year contract includes a Championship match, whatever it will be). If not, then he leaves.

PPV Name : Turning Point (I know this ppv name already existed...)
Rules : All heels must act like faces, and all faces must act like heels.

:rolleyes:

Senbon
05-10-2012, 05:28 AM
hello I am new,

I would like to see the King of the Ring come back as a PPV.

Also here are some other ideas I would like to see:

PPV Name: Bad Blood
Theme: Where all the matches become Last man Standing, First blood match, or a Submission match

PPV Name: The Triple T (Tag Team Tournament)
Theme: 14 superstars (and the tag team champions) will sign up for the tournament. At the beginning of the PPV the titron will show the two superstars being matches together. (Just like the Draft) After the first two teams are put together they have a match together. Then the next revealed teams and match will be put together. Until we have 4 winning teams. These teams will be in the preliminary's and will fight onto the finals. After the final match we will have new tag team champions. (kind of like a tag team king of the ring)

Cant think of much atm x_x

colinho
05-10-2012, 06:27 AM
I like the all tag team ppv idea. Why not have it as a king of the ring type tournament, where anyone can enter. The winners then get a title shot at WM, bringing some prestige to the division. By having it a few months before, it also means that the winners can get a rivalry going with the champs up until their match!

It may also get more wrestlers into a storyline, as they could join forces simply to win tag gold as they feel they aren't getting any joy in the singles division!

justinjackson1983
05-10-2012, 06:50 AM
WWE Deadly Games: A One Night tournament of superstars never to have been a world champion compete in this tournament as to decide the Number one contender for the wwe/world heavyweight championship, the slight twist would be each match in the tournament is going to be decided from the spin of the wheel (bit like raw roulette) the only thing diffrent is each match is a dangerous exciting match i.e cage match, last man standing,ladder match just so no "grab the midget" or "blindfold" matches happen.

The object being is, it is a refreshed version of the king of the ring with a twist and got the potential to push future main eventers

the actual main events involving the championship belts also will be decided on the spin of the wheel but not the matches, just the opponents so John Cena Vs ???????

and WWE could use their editing magic to ensure that drew mcintyre wont be drawn and it will be a legit main event

and they can bring back that totally cool theme music from survivor series 1998 oh yeah!!

Viperfish
05-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I'd like to see them bring back the WarGames, though I believe the Elimination Chamber spawned out of that. If they modify the setup just a little bit(make the roof higher), it could be a high flyer's dream. Spot heaven. The amount of stuff they can do with that kind of a setup is ridiculous.

As part of the "Road to Wrestlemania", where the Elimination Chamber PPV and the Royal Rumble PPV determines title match challengers for Wrestlemania, I think the Undertaker should have his own PPV. Title defenses can occur there, sure, but exactly like the King of the Ring, I'd like to see a tournament-style build with the semifinals and the finals on this PPV. The winner earns the right to challenge the Undertaker for his streak, to forever immortalize him should he beat the Undertaker. This should be the first of the three PPVs so over the next few months the challenger can build a feud with Taker. The only "issue" I see with this is that it removes any big time surprise challenger, as they would have to compete in this tournament beforehand.

scribbler_jones
05-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Rules : Losers are fired and winners chose a wrestler (or a Tag Team if the losers are a Tag Team) who isn't a WWE superstar to be hired and have a try out match on RAW. Of course this try out match will be judge by 5 WWE Superstars, and if the wrestler is well judge, WWE gives him a 1 year contract. this 1 year contract includes a Championship match, whatever it will be). If not, then he leaves.

PPV Name : Turning Point (I know this ppv name already existed...)
Rules : All heels must act like faces, and all faces must act like heels.

I like the Turning Point idea... I think it would work better for feuds (mid to high card level) where a change in character are imminent or in the process of going down, and this PPV would be the catalyst that causes it (example: two characters are competing against each other in a title hunt, a face and a heel... face is getting desperate, will do anything for a title shot, tired of always coming up short... heel is "seeing the light," beginning to get crowd support, cuts down on cheating because he believes he doesn't need to... winner of this match gets title shot... face goes heel to go for the win, heel comes in as face to draw crowd support for victory...) If great matches are written in, I think this could work.

Cabers
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM

It would be the shortest ppv of all time fella!! 9 matches at current diva match time it will be over in less than 20 minutes including packages hyping the matches and backstage interviews.

wrestlingfan66513
05-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Isn't that what Over the Limit is based off. Submissions, I Quit, and any other endurance/stamina based matches.

Back on topic, Halloween Havoc would be a great October PPV, a PPV that takes place in a different place outside the US every year would be great to have (Global Destruction would be a cool name if they don't want to use the past ones).

GreatMuta4life
05-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I hate to rehash an old idea, but I think it was great one. In the early 90s, WCW did ppvs that featured Battle Bowl: The Lethal Lottery. Everyone on the roster was eligible, and a "random" drawing would pair wrestlers together in teams for tag matches. You'd see combos of heels and faces on a team that you'd never see otherwise, and the results were really interesting. The members of the winning teams would earn a spot in a battle royal later in the night. The winner could earn a title shot. This opens up a forum to get really creative with booking, starting angles from virtually out of nowhere with guys who are randomly put together. This would be an amazingly refreshing change of pace for a ppv.

justinjackson1983
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
I hate to rehash an old idea, but I think it was great one. In the early 90s, WCW did ppvs that featured Battle Bowl: The Lethal Lottery. Everyone on the roster was eligible, and a "random" drawing would pair wrestlers together in teams for tag matches. You'd see combos of heels and faces on a team that you'd never see otherwise, and the results were really interesting. The members of the winning teams would earn a spot in a battle royal later in the night. The winner could earn a title shot. This opens up a forum to get really creative with booking, starting angles from virtually out of nowhere with guys who are randomly put together. This would be an amazingly refreshing change of pace for a ppv.

If I can stop you there, In Hindsight this was a great idea and I agree with everything you said however....

when the idea first came about in 1991 for that years WCW event Starrcade; the then Booker the legendary Dusty Rhodes come up with the novel idea during a creative meeting,This would of been a really intriguing concept and has been since,save for one small detail at the time; the booking really was random

the whole card was made up on the spot (save for the sting ousting lex luger)in the main event. veterans where teamed with complete green wrestlers who had no idea what they was doing, this was WCWS biggest show of the year its like throwing random wrestlers togther on the spot during wrestlemania

...sorry this is well off-topic just a funny WCW fact thrown in for amusement

GreatMuta4life
05-10-2012, 09:03 PM
If I can stop you there, In Hindsight this was a great idea and I agree with everything you said however....

when the idea first came about in 1991 for that years WCW event Starrcade; the then Booker the legendary Dusty Rhodes come up with the novel idea during a creative meeting,This would of been a really intriguing concept and has been since,save for one small detail at the time; the booking really was random

the whole card was made up on the spot (save for the sting ousting lex luger)in the main event. veterans where teamed with complete green wrestlers who had no idea what they was doing, this was WCWS biggest show of the year its like throwing random wrestlers togther on the spot during wrestlemania

...sorry this is well off-topic just a funny WCW fact thrown in for amusement

I didn't know those details about Battle Bowl, but seeing how random the pairing were I can definitely see how it was just thrown together. That was the era of Dusty just coming up with crazy stuff: the thunderdome cage match, the freaking Shockmaster, etc. What I loved were match-ups like Vader and the Barbarian stiffing the hell out of each other. You would've never seen that match-up otherwise. But I could imagine that with some proper planning, WWE could use the Battle Bowl concept to create new angles and take existing angles in different ways.

Keith Stone
05-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I think they should do a Bloodsport themed ppv where they shoot fight each in a tournament for the winner gets whatever title they want

peppermill25
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
I so badly want to see Halloween Havoc be brought back. I really enjoy it when the holidays are incorperated into the show. As well as when WWE travels to different country's, they have props and things of that sort. e,G Double deckers and phone booths in London. They should do more of that.

TempestH
05-11-2012, 02:34 AM

How exactly would that work? I don't know if that would be a good idea. The guy whose been booked to lose could either walk out or half-ass the match because they have nothing to lose because they've technically already been fired, the match is just for the fans. Or worse, the matches could end up turning into shoot fights because people are pissed off or desperate.

justinjackson1983
05-11-2012, 06:58 AM
I didn't know those details about Battle Bowl, but seeing how random the pairing were I can definitely see how it was just thrown together. That was the era of Dusty just coming up with crazy stuff: the thunderdome cage match, the freaking Shockmaster, etc. What I loved were match-ups like Vader and the Barbarian stiffing the hell out of each other. You would've never seen that match-up otherwise. But I could imagine that with some proper planning, WWE could use the Battle Bowl concept to create new angles and take existing angles in different ways.
I love the battle bowl concept and it would work wonders with wwe, for example just look how perfect the chris benoit/kurt angle tag team/feud worked on smackdown in 2002 a great angle! think how many tag teams could be made from this

but going back to the early nineties WOW just WOW just search "white castle of fear in youtube" or "spin the wheel make the deal" that is whyI loved WCW it was like a bad 80's sitcom combined with wrestling truly a 80's and 90's product.