PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Like To See Mentor On The Next NXT?

Robstar
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Ok, we all know how much talent is misused in the WWE. NXT is a classic example of this - you have mentors on that show that are completely over - so much so, that they are at risk of being over-exposed.
1)You have both the IC and US title holders on there, when BOTH should be getting enough camera time due to having the belts, especially Miz. This, IMO, is a waste.

2)Lay-Cool - while they have been surprisingly good on the show with Kaval, they have lost a lot of momentum they had on Smackdown

3)Mark Henry & MVP - seem kind of stale and out of place

4)Cody Rhodes & Zack Ryder - seem a little to green to be "pro" mentors

5)John Morrison - see points 3 & 4

So if they are really serious about HELPING these rookies, by which I mean ACTUALLY HELPING them get over, in-ring, on mic and having a personality that's believable and/or suitable, who would YOU like to see mentoring on the show?

My preferred choices would be;
William Regal
Fit Finlay
Dean Malenko
Arn Anderson
Chavo Guerrero
Christian
Goldust
Michael Hayes
Chris Jericho
Jerry Lawler
Jamie Noble

As you can see, I think they need to utilise the legends more as well as incorporating their veteran active talent, be less reliant on having matches that include the 'pros', make the series longer and more similar to Tough Enough and actually help these rookies become better, which should be the point of it all anyway!

Thoughts?

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Jericho, Christian, Regal, Lawler and (adding my own for the lulz) Rey Mysterio should be the pros.

Tommy Thunder
08-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Great idea to have Finlay, Malenko, Noble and Lawler, as not only would they be good pros, but they can still go in the ring. I'm sure Malenko and Noble could cope with the odd tag match or a short singles match to put rookies over every now and then (keeping in mind that only a couple of the pros actually wrestle every week). And Finlay and Lawler still get in the ring as occasional wrestlers anyway. Billy Kidman could be another nawe to add to your list. Regal was on the 1st season, and he's a good fit for a pro. Christian and Jericho were good on season 1 too.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Nice choice, I'd go for real experiance, any eight from this list would really make me want to watch the show

Chavo Guerrero
Goldust
Michael Hayes
Dean Malenko
Arn Anderson
Jerry Lawler
Mike Rotundo
Ted DiBiase Snr
Roddy Piper
Sgt Slaughter
Jake Roberts (if he can stay sober)

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
A mix of veterans (christian jericho and regal) and legends should make sense for the batch of pros.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Christian, Jericho and Regal have all done it though, it'd feel like a re-hash of Season One if those three where used in my opinion

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Miz got 2 seasons of mentoring. Even if its in a storyline. Miz isn't even near veteran status like Christian, Jericho, or Regal. I used those 3 as an example. They could take Big Show, Christian, and Ziggler(to piss off the crowd) Just ideas.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Big Show is a really good shout, I'd like to see him as a mentor, only if its to a big guy though, I think he could really pass on some great advice, he has done it all and probably the most successful 'big man' the business has seen

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Big Show would fit to be a pro to another giant or big man. Or if WWE wanna pull a stunt and place Big Show with a high flying wrestler. In my opinion, they show partner up rookies that can relate to the pro. Like the combo of Miz and Riley. Loudmouths.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Yeah Riley and Miz are a good fit but I also feel pairing up Miz and Danielson was an inspired idea as well to be honest, it got everyone talking about Danielson and that has to be the point

Robstar
08-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Lol, you could include Piper in the 'If they can stay sober/alive long enough' list.

Big Show would be good and I agree he should be a pro to a big man. HBK too would work well. I was considering adding Dibiase snr and Rotundo but left them off as they both still have sons in FCW who may yet appear on the show. It's a bit of a pity they can't ask Al Snow, Mick Foley, Taz or many others they alienated by firing/pretending they no longer exist

jhorton1215
08-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I actually have a pretty good idea. It would be scripted of course, but on the first episode of a new NXT season you debut 8 rookies, without pros and have them compete in a competition where the winner has his choice of his pro, and then whoever finishes 2nd gets the next pick and so on. Kind of like a drafting of the pros by the rookies... They would have 8 pros to choose from, and I think good pros would be..

Jericho
Edge
Mysterio
Bourne
Finlay
Goldust
Chavo
Khali and Singh- just for humor

nrb6304
08-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I actually have a pretty good idea. It would be scripted of course, but on the first episode of a new NXT season you debut 8 rookies, without pros and have them compete in a competition where the winner has his choice of his pro, and then whoever finishes 2nd gets the next pick and so on. Kind of like a drafting of the pros by the rookies... They would have 8 pros to choose from, and I think good pros would be..

Jericho
Edge
Mysterio
Bourne
Finlay
Goldust
Chavo
Khali and Singh- just for humor

I actually really like this idea, ALOT, but it's your pros I have a problem with.
1.)Jericho, been there done that
2.)Bourne, yeah he's AWESOME in the ring, but like John Morrison I don't feel he is "pro" worthy
3.) KUDOS ON FINLAY AND GOLDUST! HELL YES!!!
4.) Chavo, while the IWC knows that Chavo could out wrestle just about anybody in the ring, and should be a WWE Champion by now, the fact is that he's been buried to the point of no return. No matter HOW HARD they push Chavito, nobody will ever believe him as legit besides the IWC
5.) Khali.....LMAO! What I wouldn't do to see him and "Mustache" boy together lmao!

IMO here are who should be WWE Pros

Finlay
Goldust
Triple H
Big Show
Edge
Mysterio
Randy Orton.

Yes I know they're all "BIG" names, but honestly, besides Taker.....who else does WWE have that HASN'T been a pro that would be a BELIEVABLE pro. You know? Regal, Y2J, Matt Hardy,Christian. They've all done it. And honestly, I don't buy Ryder teaching anyone shit, same with Miz, Morrison, Rhodes, and etc.

Get some REAL pro's that instead of this just being a BS gimmick show, can actually MENTOR some young guys.

Tha Crows Nest
08-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Although he has already been a pro I would like to see CM Punk again. He has done alot on the Independent scene and he has reached the top in WWE he wopould be perfect for someone like a Tyler Black to show them how to change the way they work to the WWE style which I know sucks but if you cant work the way the E wants then you cant work for them. I think they should have someone on a season on NXT that CM Punk saves and becomes a new member of the SES.

ryry240
08-24-2010, 08:26 PM
1) Randy Orton - He did great with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase
2) R-Truth - David Otunga turned out to be great i think R-Truth should go at it again
3) Chris Jericho - Jericho could replace The Miz's Ego and with good wrestling most likely be a better mentor than The Miz
4) Edge - Who wouldn't want a 9-time Heavyweight Champion as a mentor?
5) John Cena - I think Cena would be a great mentor
6) Big Show - pared up with another giant like himself The Big Show would be able to improve his rookie tremendously
7) Matt Hardy - Justin Gabriel turned out ok why not give him another chance
8) Nikki & Brie Bella - I would just like to see them on the show

zyuhas
08-24-2010, 08:46 PM
MARYSE!!! would be good

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 10:46 PM
Triple H. I want to see him work Tuesday nights.

nrb6304
08-25-2010, 05:04 AM
Triple H. I want to see him work Tuesday nights.

that made me LOL

SgtGohan
08-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Edge, Big Show, Goldust, Daniel Bryan, Chavo, and Finlay

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I really like the idea of the Rookies choosing their Pro's, they could do an Eight Man Battle Royal on the opening night of NXT and have the winner choose 1st, the runner up 2nd and so on and so forth until the guy who is eliminated first gets the Pro who didn't get picked

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM
regal, i think santino so they can pair him off with some goofy guy lol, ted dibiase, melina, matt hardy, big show, jack swagger, morrison

SilverGhost
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Big Show
Rey Mysterio
Regal
Ziggler
Orton
Christian

One legend: Rowdy Roddy Piper

My selection of NXT pros.

AGEOFFALL
08-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Definitely Big Show.

SilverGhost
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes on Big Show.

Add Christian and Kick Miz.

Craigcmufc
08-26-2010, 06:49 AM
I would like to see Orton or Cena, that would give the show some star power and would be interesting.

Belzova
08-26-2010, 10:24 AM
CM Punk
Triple H
Kane
Stone Cold - They could pay him to do just one season.
The Rock - Hey, he always said he wanted to do other things with the WWE.
Undertaker - He's always been about helping guys get into the main event, so I say put him on there as a pro.
William Regal- He made some great points during his NXT stint.
Trish Stratus- She always said she'd be opened to returning to the WWE if there were things that she could prove as a woman, and what better way to prove that then to be a successful mentor on NXT?

DirtySteal
08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
William Regal (Lets get him doing somthing worthwhile again)
CM Punk (I liked the SES/Darren Young bits from season 1, could work again)
Big Show (Pair him up with somone small maybe, could make for an interesting pairing)
Rey Mysterio (He could be used in some good Pro vs Pro / Pro Vs Rookie matches)
Codey Rhodes (Loved him on season 2, he really shined, I want to see him back again)
Chavo Gurrero (Get him back on TV, he could teach his Rookie some lie, cheat and steal moves which would make fun TV)
Edge (Could have the same effect Jericho had one Season 1)
Finlay (Would be good to see him again, he seems like a good pick)

SilverGhost
08-26-2010, 09:49 PM
If WWE would allow it, the people votes for the next selection of pros.

eyehatecena
08-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Chavo- since his career has been yuined by the WWE, maybe this would gain him some respect again
Finlay- Well the guy has been around forever, he would have a lot to teach
Hart Dynasty- Were trained by the Harts- enough said

AGEOFFALL
08-27-2010, 12:19 AM
I want to see HHH, Cena, & Orton. Why should the other veterans and superstars have to do this and not them.