PDA

View Full Version : alberto del rio= sheamus

WoodenBulldozer
11-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone else see any similarities between how sheamus hit the scene and how del rio hit the scene? Both came out of nowhere and probably didnt deserve the push that they got since everyone talks about how Sheamus only got pushed because hes buddy buddy with HHH and Del Rio only got pushed because of the potential lack of mexican/american stars. I'll be the first to admit that when Sheamus got that rediculous push and won the title from Cena, I did not see Sheamus successfully panning out into a main eventer and more of a guy who got his 2 seconds of fame and faded to Chavo status. But since then, Sheamus has developed his mic skills, arguably draws the most heat from the crowd out of any wrestler, and has consequently maintained his position in the upper tier of the WWE talent. Currently I am not buying Del Rio as the answer to WWE's prayers, but could he receive the Sheamus effect and be a top star in 12 months?

Side Note- I hate watching Del Rio in main events while people like MVP are left off cards altogether.

el gabo
11-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I can agree on waht you said about Sheamus being pushed too fast, all though he has improved since arriving on the scene. Del Rio I have to completely disagree with you on this one. If you pay attention to his matches, (not that sure about WWE matches but older ones HELL YEAH) he puts on a clinic on how to wrestle. Back when he was Dos Caras Jr., he was an extremely talented wreslter and did moves nobody has done in the WWE. If he doesn't wrestle in WWE, that's because of what they let him do. He draws heat and is good on the mic. He has a really cocky attitude (that brings him more heat) and backs it up in the ring. It's a shame MVP is left back but, frankly he was much better as a heel and furthermore that's not really Del Rio's fault nor should he even care. I say push him to the moon, he better than most of what WWE has given us lately.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Random thoughts:

- Del Rio didn't really just burst onto the scene. The guy has been a superstar in Mexico for years now (wrestling under the name Dos Caras, Jr.). And he deserves to be pushed to the moon, as dude has all the necessary qualities to be a top tier WWE player.

- Del Rio is far more consistent in the ring than MVP, who wrestles rather sloppy and lazily more times than not.

- I'm not seeing Sheamus getting more heat than anyone else. And some of the heat that he does get seems to be of the X-Pac variety (meaning people just don't care about him, one way or the other).

- To me, Del Rio has way more potential to be a main eventer than Sheamus. As a matter of fact, I find myself getting up to take a leak or grab a beer whenever Big Ginge's music hits. If it weren't for the antics of Santino, his segments wouldn't have even held my attention for the last couple of weeks.

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Sheamus is interesting in one way he has a unique look. Since when do u guys get someone who's skin is as pale as a ghost's, with a spikey red hair and red beard that looks like HHH's?
since when do u get a irishi tough son of a gun like him? he is entertaining to me more when he talks than when he wrestles..and del rio is pretty good he deserves the push, its a shame wwe is making him be JBL 2.0