PDA

View Full Version : Should TNA hire former ECW announcer Stephen DeAngelis?

THEKEVINBRAND
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
I like Jeremy Borash but the guy is doing way too much for TNA right now. And I have seen things at HardCORE Justice about DeAngelis that made me like him more

1. He stands in the ring while announcing compared to Borash standing next to the announce table.
2. He waits until all the wrestlers have made their entrances before doing the formal introductions. And also announces their weight class like all other promotions.

I'm just stating my opinion here, comment if you agree or disagree, or if you have another ring announcer in mind.

jwt15
08-23-2010, 11:36 PM
I thought they had a new guy on Thusday? I could be wrong.

THEKEVINBRAND
08-23-2010, 11:41 PM
i taped impact and i'll view it sometime before this week's edition and i'll get back to you on that one

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 12:08 AM
No if he has a high price, yes if he doesn't.

TLK
08-24-2010, 03:22 AM
In one of the other TNA posts. I stated that Jeremy Borash do what he does best and be backstage and get involved in the angles where he questions the faces and heels before the match and let Stephen DeAngelis do the ring announcing duties. I was very impressed when he was given the duties at Hardcore Justice and not only did he look good in the role. He smiled and actually enjoyed being there, and as the creator of this thread has said, he stands in the ring and waits for the talent to enter the ring and also announce where they came from, their weight and all if it done with a powerful professional voice. So a big astounding yes.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 08:10 AM
To be fair the way Borash announces is the way the writers probably want him to announce, the standing at the side fo the ring and the introductions will be done under instruction in my opinion, that being said, I thought Stephen DeAngelis was pretty impressive at Hardcore Justice, he's been away from the spotlight for a long time so to put in the performance he put in was remarkable, I don't feel I'm overstating the importance of a good ring announcer either, I feel it announced properly, a match can have that big match feel to it and make things look as important as possible.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-24-2010, 11:32 AM
stephen DeAngelis would be great he already is he has that announcer type voice and bring back an ecw type vibe i like jb but he is much better at interviews an the annoncing when he does do it bring him in

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Some guys just have that 'big feel voice' and DeAngelis is one of those guys, when he announces you feel its an important match, Buffer and Fink have them

TLK
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Totally agree, he has that voice that can make the start of a main event memorable. Like Fink and Buffer very powerful Intorduction voices.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-03-2011, 02:21 AM
i still say we should hire DeAngelis as the TNA ring announcer just listen to his intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V8TJwNwtT8

Markstyle2010
03-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Just my take on announcers, there's only been a few that were really legendary in wrestling so far. We need the next new big thing in announcing to come in with a voice that makes us excited again. When we hear that voice we'll know it