PDA

View Full Version : John Morrison

djsoulslayer
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Is anybody else just dissappointed on how much Morrison has been losing lately? It's just sad. I really hope he turns heel soon because it doesn't seem like ur career moves in the WWE unless u r a heel.

Robstar
08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
It's not cool that WWE have no clear push going for him. I'm starting to get the feeling that WWE is scared to put people too over because that means someone is going to be seen as less than and we all know there is no room in WWE for those who aren't "SUPERSTARS". Goes back to what I said about mid-low carders - if they admit there is 'less-than' talent on their roster it's like an admission that they don't do everything right all the time, don't have ALL the good talent

jwt15
08-23-2010, 11:00 PM
IMO he desevres th push that Miz is getting he is a better wrestler and entertainer than the Miz IMO

ScarletSmurf
08-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I agree. When he was paired with the Miz, he was great on the mic, and I always thought he was the more talented of the two in-ring. I hate to see him this way--let Morrison be a heel and start winning!!

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Morrison has so much potential. WWE needs to get him back up in the title contention. He is kinda looked down upon because he did gymnastics but he has skill.

Verdammung
08-24-2010, 01:30 AM
First of all, let me say, I think Morrison is great and he's definitely in my Favorite 5 (don't ask me which number). He's got a high energy style and a truly unique move set, which leads to some entertaining matches.
I'd also like to say, that I agree it is not all right that Morrison is being used as a credible opponent to beat, least of all to people like Skip Sheffield, who I think the WWE is going to get rid of as soon as they ditch the Nexus (if his recent injury doesn't do him in first). I'm also not happy that it was Morrison who was pinned on tonight's Raw (though I always appreciate random RKO's), especially if you are going to have Orton RKO DiBiase after the match as well.
However, there are at least two things I feel Morrison should work on before he becomes a World Champion. First of all, he needs to learn to hit his finisher. It's difficult, I know, but if he misses it when it matters the most, it's going to hurt him more than physically. Second, I think he needs to develop his character.
As a character, it's kind of hard to distinguish him from your typical wrestler and I'm just sitting here wondering why should I care about him besides the fact that he's skilled? It's this that makes me disagree with a previous poster who says that Morrison deserves Miz's push, because Miz might not be as skilled as Morrison in the ring, but he is someone I can see as a World Champion at the moment.

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 01:42 AM
Goes to show you that WWE loves loudmouth people -cough- Miz....

Morrison has WAY more talent than Miz. I know of Miz's hard work but it doesn't impress me. Morrison should be in the spotlight and getting title matches, Not spoon fed like Miz

justindlfox
08-24-2010, 03:01 AM
Needs 2 go 2 smackdown and face Kofi, Dolph, Cody and Christian

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 08:48 AM
The guy sucks for me I'm afraid, I was seduced by the whole 'next HBK' BS that the WWE tried to sell on us back in 2008 but the sad reality is he couldn't lace Shawn's boots on Shawns worst day and the sooner people realise it the better, he needs a new finisher, new look, new music and a better script writer because his promos suck as well

Tommy Thunder
08-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Once he turns heel, he should get better i think. He needs to lose the tag of 'The New Shawn Michaels' though and become his own character.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-24-2010, 11:12 AM
i hope that him losing all these matches will mean that he is turning heel beacuse he was so much better as a hell than he is a babyface i think he was much better on the mic aswell and that they give him this mega push he deserves it way more than the miz

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Morrison turning heel around this time is a good idea. He needs championships!

The Hipster
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Morrison has a lot of potential and many of you make valid points about his ability and work on the mike. Whe he first started feuding with the Miz, his mic work was great. They need to develop his character more.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I can't ever see him breaking the glass ceiling in the WWE, he just hasn't got that all important 'IT' factor

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 03:38 PM
He has this "IT". Its just he has to find "IT". WWE should use Morrison a bit better. If he didn't have "IT" then why is he on Raw? He could have grew more on Smackdown. He is just being shadowed by the other talent.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:24 PM
If he has yet to find "IT" then how can you say he has "IT"?

Lets look at it objectively, he has been in the WWE for numerous amounts of years and has never been able to shine when he has been on his own, the only time he looks good is when he is playing off someone.

You're asking why is he on RAW, why is anyone on RAW, has Koslov got "IT" because he is on RAW?

For me he is on RAW so guys who are considered Main Event level can beat him, jobber to the stars is how I see him and going by his complete lack of push I think the WWE see it that way too

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 06:10 PM
For me he is on RAW so guys who are considered Main Event level can beat him, jobber to the stars is how I see him and going by his complete lack of push I think the WWE see it that way too

Everything would have been different if he stayed on Smackdown on their roster. If WWE turned him into a joober then of course he won't shine.

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
jobber*

Anyways this guy has potential just that the WWE has their own agenda.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
If he has so much potential then I think he himself would manage to exploit it by now, he was going nowhere on SmackDown! either, when is the last time the guy had a meaningful singles win? On SmackDown! he showed such little enthusiasm they stuck him with R-Truth in the hope that he could play off yet another tag team partner.

If he is to succeed he needs a major overhaul in character and his look and his moveset, especially his finisher

djsoulslayer
08-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Despite what others say, I see something in Morrison I like. Yes, he does have some things to work on before he becomes a maineventer but so does Miz. When u think about it, it is not really how much u have it's how much the WWE wants to put into u. For example, Hulk Hogan, nothing much really there other than stregnth but now he is a wrestling immortal. Take Carlito, a lot of raw talent but just misused.

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Whatever happen to his feud with Ted Dibiase?

RKOViper
08-27-2010, 10:28 AM
He really does need to turn heel. As a face I do find him a bit boring, but I'd like to see him as a singles competitor, in NO tag matches unless it is a one-time-thing! Morrison by far has the best look to be an entertainer in WWE right now.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Whatever happen to his feud with Ted Dibiase?

i think they put that on hold just now because they want to to a melina/morrison vs dibiase/maryse fued sometime soon

NightWolf
09-07-2010, 06:29 AM
John Morrison is very talented. He has already held a majority of the lower belts, and in my honest opinion I believe that he should have been promoted to the main event a long time ago, rather than sooner or later or eventually..

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:01 PM
i think they put that on hold just now because they want to to a melina/morrison vs dibiase/maryse fued sometime soon

That's a bad idea.

IrkenInvader
09-07-2010, 09:53 PM

That's a bad idea.

Agreed. Don't bring him down with divas bullshit.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Agreed. Don't bring him down with divas bullshit.

Not only that, It wouldn't make sense to have a pause in the middle and their re-continue their feud.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:47 PM
WWE and their "wisdom" strikes again! -facepalm-

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:24 AM
WWE and their "wisdom" strikes again! -facepalm-

But by the looks of things he's getting pushed again.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-10-2010, 03:46 AM
But by the looks of things he's getting pushed again.

I bet they are only pushing him because of the fact that most of their big stars are getting ready to leave soon. I heard somewhere (maybe on here) that Edge was thinking about hanging his boots up in 2 years, and then you have Randy who says in almost every interview that he doesn't want to be one of those guys wrestling in their 40's so he will be gone soon. 'Taker and Kane and Big Show are getting pretty old so they wont be there long, and neither will Sheamus. If I remember his age correctly he is pretty damn old as well. So we will see the WWE push a lot of people over the next few years.

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 02:24 PM
he is a face, a good face. why in the hell should the next future face turn heel its stupid to even think that. seriously wat a dumb topic to even discuss.

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
he is a face, a good face. why in the hell should the next future face turn heel its stupid to even think that. seriously wat a dumb topic to even discuss.

and he's good heel too, which means he would work either way.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:43 PM

I do like faces but here is the thing: HEELS GET THE GOLD!

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:36 AM
i do like faces but here is the thing: Heels get the gold!

edge!!!!!!

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
edge!!!!!!

Perfect example.

AGEOFFALL
09-12-2010, 12:26 AM
I do like faces but here is the thing: HEELS GET THE GOLD!

i would say hhh but its hhh, he gets the title whenever he wants.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-12-2010, 01:14 AM
HHH was a heel when he began sleeping with the bosses daughter an got all of those title shots, along with a main event push.

Example A: People (especially women) love bad boys.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 06:50 AM
i would say hhh but its hhh, he gets the title whenever he wants.

He does whether it be face or heel, but he shines as a heel.

SilverGhost
09-12-2010, 06:51 AM
HHH was a heel when he began sleeping with the bosses daughter an got all of those title shots, along with a main event push.

Example A: People (especially women) love bad boys.

HHH=Hore Hearst Helmsley

AceOfSpades
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
If he has yet to find "IT" then how can you say he has "IT"?

Lets look at it objectively, he has been in the WWE for numerous amounts of years and has never been able to shine when he has been on his own, the only time he looks good is when he is playing off someone.

You're asking why is he on RAW, why is anyone on RAW, has Koslov got "IT" because he is on RAW?

Morrison will be a Main Eventer...He has the "IT" as far as i am concerned. He has the look, the charisma, the ability, and willingness to learn more...And are you NOT aware of the things he has accomplished by himself. He is a former ECW Champion and not 1, not 2, but 3 time IC Champ. He gets a decent pop when his music hits. and has paid his due being a winner from Tough Enough. Check his win/loss record

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23149813/winloss_in_wwe_2010_soo_far?post_id=410090873

he has numerous victories over legitmate main events like Edge, Triple H, Sheamus, Christian, Cena...etc. Ppl need to to start giving the credit he deserves

IrkenInvader
09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
He does have "IT" but hes' not that great on the mic as a face. Like Edge hes better at cutting promos as a heel, so most likely his next heel turn will be him moving into main event status. I would say that he moves up some time next year, if WWE doesn't move him up with in the next two years then they are obviously horrible at their jobs.

SilverGhost
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=IrkenInvader;5256]He does have "IT" but hes' not that great on the mic as a face. Like Edge hes better at cutting promos as a heel, so most likely his next heel turn will be him moving into main event status. I would say that he moves up some time next year, if WWE doesn't move him up with in the next two years then they are obviously horrible at their jobs.[/QUOTE

Morrison did have "IT". When the change from Nitro to Morrison happened, that was it. "IT" had plenty of potential.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 02:27 AM
The problem with his promos are that he always has the same tone of voice.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 12:47 PM
The problem with his promos are that he always has the same tone of voice.

Morrison does need to change a few things and he will be back up again. Either entertaining or getting heat.

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 11:31 PM
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/MikalMiers/j1vjkervsga7n8qqtejg.jpg