PDA

View Full Version : THQ could be bought by EA

pauadrian
04-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Even after it made an impressive recovery (http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/thq-bounces-back-thanks-to-saints-row-3/) during its recent financial quarter, publisher THQ remains vulnerable and could be an affordable pick up for EA. The company has a market value of just under $50 million, small potatoes for Electronic Arts, and potentially worthwhile for the stockpile of intellectual properties like Darksiders and Homefront. It would also allow EA to gain even more control of the sports video games market provided the acquisition led to EA taking over the WWE and UFC license rights.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/electronic-arts-definitely-planning-more-studio-acquistions/

Asherdelampyr
04-26-2012, 04:23 PM
This could work very well, EA has been buying the smaller companies and just leaving them alone, which could potentially mean a much better budget for the next WWE game, without too much interference in the product.
Also EA knows how to keep the fucking multiplayer working, which is a huge bonus

pauadrian
04-26-2012, 04:27 PM
This could work very well, EA has been buying the smaller companies and just leaving them alone, which could potentially mean a much better budget for the next WWE game, without too much interference in the product.
Also EA knows how to keep the fucking multiplayer working, which is a huge bonus

I agree, the budget and servers would work much better. The same development team with more money and servers working could mean more featues and actual use of community creations

Asherdelampyr
04-26-2012, 04:29 PM
I agree, the budget and servers would work much better. The same development team with more money and servers working could mean more featues and actual use of community creations
That's the hope anyway

VanHooliganX
04-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Ugh really...

Shame. I liked THQ.

wrestlingfan66513
04-27-2012, 12:43 AM
I think EA could take it in a new, more creative direction to be honest. They will probably keep it the same but add more features and better servers.