PDA

View Full Version : MMA Star Setting Eyes on WWE?

Rich Cranium
11-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Who is the MMA star who would like to embark on a career in the WWE once he retires? My guess (only a guess) would be Rampage Jackson who is a huge WWE fan.

Robstar
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/images/icons/icon5.png Top UFC Star To WWE

Rumours are circulating that the UFC fighter interested in joining WWE is Chuck Liddell. Personally, as more of a standing striker, I'm not sure he is right for pro wrestling - he would certainly need extensive training if it's his intention to compete.

Then again, it may simply be a deal for Wrestlemania or Tough Enough, if indeed, it's true at all.

Thoughts?:confused:

(You beat me buy a minute Rich, so I'm reposting my comment here)

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
I hope it's Matt Hamill, if for no other reason than the epic promos.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Im sure this has happened in WWE before! Shamrock and Severn...?

Kashdinero
11-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Im sure this has happened in WWE before! Shamrock and Severn...?

Alberto del rios is former MMA star as well!!

As for who it is? If you believe the rumours its chuck. We all know Jackson is a huge fan but he's the obvious choice and the report said it would be the last person you would think of.... How about randy? He's done it all in UFC, I know he's old but he could give a few good years to WWE!

SgtGohan
11-05-2010, 05:38 AM
isnt santino a former MMA fighter aswell?

anyway my money is on Jackson

Bodom
11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
isnt santino a former MMA fighter aswell?

anyway my money is on Jackson

I know he trained at a Judo Dojo, but im not aware of any MMA record.

body slam
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
my guess would be rampage or tito

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Hamill would be EPIC! I am not lying!

Rampage would be a funny man on the mic.

TNA 'The very best'
11-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Dana White- Hes the Raw GM.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Dana White- Hes the Raw GM.

He would sell out....

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM
That would be the dumbest idea ever. I'd rather see Goldust as General Manager.

TNA 'The very best'
11-05-2010, 01:08 PM
That would be the dumbest idea ever. I'd rather see Goldust as General Manager.

Dude it was a joke.

Tha Crows Nest
11-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Honestly I dont see Rampage simply because if he beats Machida he is the Next in line for a title shot so I doubt anything other than winning that fight is on his mind. I'm not sure who it would be and I'm not really sure I care at first I thought this was cool but the more I think about it, its just gonna be someone with a great physical look and no in ring ability getting pushed while guys who really deserve it are not. I thought we were all sick of this kind of thing?

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Well when his contract runs out it runs out. If he wins it then there is a thing called vacating the title. I must say though that I agree 100% with everything you had just said. I believe that if he were going to be a Wrestler then he should at least be trained roughly for a year or so (To be fair) but the word going around is that they are going to put him on the new Tough Enough probably. Something tells me he will end up winning too.

Rich Cranium
11-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Tito would do good, he has the wrestling past. Look at Angle and how fast he excelled in Pro Wrestling. Unbelievable.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Aren't Tito, Chuck, and Rampage rather predictable candidates? I thought this was supposed to be someone that people would never guess.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Does Lesnar count?

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Lesnar hates just about every facet of pro-wrestling, including its fans.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Lesnar hates just about every facet of pro-wrestling, including its fans.

and? I still want him back

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 03:34 PM
and? I still want him back

Keep on wanting. It won't happen unless he ever gets strapped for cash, and I don't see that happening any time soon. The guy is making loads of money in the UFC, and from my understanding he manages it well (plus he already had buckets of it leftover from his WWE run).

His money-hungry wife bailing on him when she senses his money train slowing down is about wrestling fans' only hope, provided she takes him for everything he is worth.

Robstar
11-05-2010, 04:59 PM
It's not Matt Hamill, he's still on his way up in MMA. The rumour was Chuck, but I don't see it, nor can I see Rampage - Jackson would end up shooting all over the place! I stated in another thread that I thought Tito was a good cross over candidate - he has the ability to cut a good promo and he's well suited skill wise.

It has come to light that the Undertaker/Lesnar confrontation was supposed to be at the post fight press conference AND only then if Brock had won - I am loathe to believe it all however. I agree with whoever mentioned about Brock's relationship with the wrestling business and it's fans not being good.

If any contracted UFC champion vacated a title to go to WWE, Dana White would sue ten shades of shit out of them. You know how the Vince McMahon we see on camera is pretty comical but we all know and have heard what a hard-nosed business man he is in reality? Well, that's Dana White - without the first part.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Keep on wanting. It won't happen unless he ever gets strapped for cash, and I don't see that happening any time soon. The guy is making loads of money in the UFC, and from my understanding he manages it well (plus he already had buckets of it leftover from his WWE run).

His money-hungry wife bailing on him when she senses his money train slowing down is about wrestling fans' only hope, provided she takes him for everything he is worth.

Stop crushing my dream with your logic!

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 05:07 PM

I'm sorry, man. I just hate seeing people get their hopes up like that.

SilverGhost
11-05-2010, 05:08 PM

Logic pwns all!

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
By the way, my money is on Cro Cop showing up as Koslov's wacky, dance-loving cousin. They're going to start a tag team called Fight at the Roxbury.

Robstar
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
By the way, my money is on Cro Cop showing up as Koslov's wacky, dance-loving cousin. They're going to start a tag team called Fight at the Roxbury.

Now that's entertainment! Man why aren't you writing for WWE already? lol

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Now that's entertainment! Man why aren't you writing for WWE already? lol

I keep sending them my résumé, but I'm not hearing back. Probably has something to do with me continually putting "coitus" under skills/professional abilities.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I keep sending them my résumé, but I'm not hearing back. Probably has something to do with me continually putting "coitus" under skills/professional abilities.

+1 for the use of coitus.

i love how nobody got it.

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 06:43 PM
+1 for the use of coitus.

i love how nobody got it.

That book, The Saurus, that my parents got me as a kid, was pretty much the best investment ever.

Robstar
11-05-2010, 06:55 PM
That book, The Saurus, that my parents got me as a kid, was pretty much the best investment ever.

Lol, that's funny. I may very well create a troll profile here called Coitus Interruptus

Bodom
11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Lol, that's funny. I may very well create a troll profile here called Coitus Interruptus

Do it. Do it now.

Robstar
11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
My first post will be - Curt Hennig, why did you leaves AWA?

Iron Ape
11-05-2010, 07:13 PM
My first post will be - Curt Hennig, why did you leaves AWA?

Hahaha. I won't blow your cover.