PDA

View Full Version : Drama in Efeds

SilverGhost
04-23-2012, 02:22 PM
We know that the Efeds is all about fun with our characters. We type up for fun and such. Gives us something to be silly with our work and such.

Most people know that there were some that took it VERY seriously...a small thing like this for fun...seriously. And also some personal disputes.

I am here to tell the fedders that PERSONAL DISPUTES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Kash and I try to keep this part a drama-free zone. We can only do so much but you guys have to do your part and not take things seriously here and just drop the small skirmishes.

They are not worth anyone's time.

Sully
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Internally, HWA even has it's own Drama Policy. We've yet to even give someone a strike though, which is REALLY good. That means ever since we established the policy, we've yet to have any of it in HWA.

It actually seems like the people who were causing the drama, are all starting to screw up and get themselves banned from the site. Now it's beginning to become peaceful.

Of course we're still going to have disputes, but that is healthy for a forum in my opinion. If we didn't have those, we wouldn't have anything to talk about. ;)

TheDevilsAdvocate
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
If you go back through the early days of JBW and EWNCW we all said some pretty harsh stuff to each-other at some point during the "competition era". Even I am guilty of throwing some pretty heavy swings at members. I recall an incident where I was messaged by a member of the roster who wanted to work with me and I couldn't understand him. So I sent him a small reply saying "No thanks". He responded to me again 4 or 5 days later demanding (rudely) that the feud should happen. Keep in mind that I was still doing my thing with Snair around this time. I ended up cursing him out.. I was being a harsh grammar Nazi, and I really upset him. I sat on that for about a month before I had a long talk with him and he forgave me.

I have always been a loose cannon. For those who actually know me know this fact about me. I can not change what I have said or done. I think it is better off in the past which is where we need to put all of this drama... "Behind us". JBW just returned a few moments ago and I was just happy to read about the stuff that all of these guys were putting out at the beginning of the show. It was just amazing and inspiring. They were touching topics that I would have NEVER thought about touching. 'Nuff said.

I hope that the drama will end here. We have already lost a few impressive people on all of our rosters. Losing your membership over a thread just isn't the way to go about things. If I ever got banned (Will that day ever come?) I couldn't see myself being on any other site. I have been on eWN since the start of this wonderful place through all of the good times and bad times. I admit that ever since the rules have been more enforced the site has died down a lot. I keep noticing the decline in activity. Following the enforced rules the sites user usage declined down to a nasty 40%. I'm hoping it gets better when School's out.

Sully
04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah I noticed that too TDA. Around Christmas times, things started getting a lot stricter in the places they shouldn't been, and a lot weaker in the places that should be stricter. I'd love to see this strict energy being enforced towards spam in the WWE section. I'm not talking about someone going "kjaiaja" and calling it a post, I mean someone replying to someone else's big post and saying something like "yeah i agree cena suckss". No, that's not a post! That should be a spam infraction.

But things have gotten stricter, and it seems like that strictness is doing the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Things have definitely started to cool down though, and hopefully during the summer time, things will be back to their old, crazy EWN self. A place where two people can actually get into a heated argument with each other, without being banned.

wrestlingfan66513
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Internally, HWA even has it's own Drama Policy. We've yet to even give someone a strike though, which is REALLY good. That means ever since we established the policy, we've yet to have any of it in HWA.

It actually seems like the people who were causing the drama, are all starting to screw up and get themselves banned from the site. Now it's beginning to become peaceful.

Of course we're still going to have disputes, but that is healthy for a forum in my opinion. If we didn't have those, we wouldn't have anything to talk about. ;)

As long as those disputes don't get out of hand.

SilverGhost
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
The dramatics has to go down. To a point that it doesn't exist. Or else this section WILL be taken down.

TheDevilsAdvocate
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
the dramatics has to go down. To a point that it doesn't exist. Or else this section will be taken down.

Fuck your nipples Mr. Moderator!!!

K-Jammin
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM

You leave his nipples out of this!

Krysys
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I will say I apologize for any drama I may have caused or been involved in during the past few days.

TheDevilsAdvocate
04-23-2012, 03:15 PM

Too late!!! I was standing in front of him in line and I kept feeling these two sharp objects poking my back. I quickly turned away with a "WTF" expression consuming my face. His nipples attempted MURDER!

TheDevilsAdvocate
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah I noticed that too TDA. Around Christmas times, things started getting a lot stricter in the places they shouldn't been, and a lot weaker in the places that should be stricter. I'd love to see this strict energy being enforced towards spam in the WWE section. I'm not talking about someone going "kjaiaja" and calling it a post, I mean someone replying to someone else's big post and saying something like "yeah i agree cena suckss". No, that's not a post! That should be a spam infraction.

But things have gotten stricter, and it seems like that strictness is doing the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Things have definitely started to cool down though, and hopefully during the summer time, things will be back to their old, crazy EWN self. A place where two people can actually get into a heated argument with each other, without being banned.

I'm hoping that everything will speed up again soon. I have my thoughts set on it being because of school. People are actually getting busier with it these days.

K-Jammin
04-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Too late!!! I was standing in front of him in line and I kept feeling these two sharp objects poking my back. I quickly turned away with a "WTF" expression consuming my face. His nipples attempted MURDER!

Oh god, I really had no idea :( I'm so sorry!

TheDevilsAdvocate
04-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Yes... Now I am forever traumatized. I'm starting a clinic for others who are Nipple victims. =/

VanHooliganX
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Well you don't have to worry in EWA either :)

We're quite proud we've never had drama and whenever Aloisick or someone nearly started drama we've defused the situation to everything being well in wellville.

In all honesty I believe most of the drama starters are currently banned really.

SilverGhost
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM

Yes... Now I am forever traumatized. I'm starting a clinic for others who are Nipple victims. =/

TDA! You promised you wouldn't tell, bro :(

Well you don't have to worry in EWA either :)

We're quite proud we've never had drama and whenever Aloisick or someone nearly started drama we've defused the situation to everything being well in wellville.

In all honesty I believe most of the drama starters are currently banned really.

That maybe true but that doesn't mean that the section is safe. More will come :(

Broc
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Efedding: serious business.

S.E. Zero
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Drama wouldn't be an issue when people realize their character(s) will not always have their way and then feel the need to question the motives behind them by taking personal shots at the people who made those decisions. Like in the case of drama surrounding myself and my friends.

If people think their character(s) should be used in a main event level and hold all the titles in a short amount, they're delusional and dont realize the behind the scenes aspect of things where people actually have bigger plans that dont necessarily involve your character(s) and when then do they dont see that, well......you saw.

I speak only of my situation as drama can arise from other issues and apologize if indeed a line was crossed. From my end things are squashed and can only hope the same can be said from the other side.

Tommy Thunder
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
I have said time after time, again and again and again and again that 2 moderators (well, 1 and a half considering Kash is barely here with how busy he is with work amongst other things) is not enough for the e-fed section. It's clear as day that 2 isn't enough, so why nothing is being done about that is beyond me frankly.

I always do what I can to help out the moderators in the e-fed section and on the forums in general. But the answer IMO is adding more moderators. That would ensure that there's someone constantly online to keep check on the section. The e-fed section is an ever growing one here, and it's too big a task to ask just 1 and a half persons to keep check of it.

I don't know if it's pure stubbornness/reluctance on the part of the current moderators to add more to the team or what, but in my honest opinion, more people are needed to keep check of the e-fed section.

Krysys
04-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I have said time after time, again and again and again and again that 2 moderators (well, 1 and a half considering Kash is barely here with how busy he is with work amongst other things) is not enough for the e-fed section. It's clear as day that 2 isn't enough, so why nothing is being done about that is beyond me frankly.

I always do what I can to help out the moderators in the e-fed section and on the forums in general. But the answer IMO is adding more moderators. That would ensure that there's someone constantly online to keep check on the section. The e-fed section is an ever growing one here, and it's too big a task to ask just 1 and a half persons to keep check of it.

I don't know if it's pure stubbornness/reluctance on the part of the current moderators to add more to the team or what, but in my honest opinion, more people are needed to keep check of the e-fed section.

I agree with this 100 %. Hell the past weekend should prove as to why a new Mod is needed.

thejman93
04-23-2012, 06:00 PM

This.

But as far as the broader topic goes, I think SG and Kash are doing precisely what needs to be done. Namely, banning assholes.

One more person wouldn't hurt, though.

Tommy Thunder
04-23-2012, 06:12 PM
This.

But as far as the broader topic goes, I think SG and Kash are doing precisely what needs to be done. Namely, banning assholes.

One more person wouldn't hurt, though.

Oh yeah, absolutely. I'm not saying that they aren't doing a good job, I'm just saying that they need help to cover all the bases so to speak.

thejman93
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah, absolutely. I'm not saying that they aren't doing a good job, I'm just saying that they need help to cover all the bases so to speak.

Agreed...

And there's plenty of people out there who would be perfect for the gig.

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Agreed...

Sorry lads I don't want the job :p

B-MCINTYRE
04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Agreed...

My pick would be you jman.

thejman93
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Heh, if it's offered...

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Heh, if it's offered...
No not Jman I hate Js :p

VanHooliganX
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM

I'll second this.

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I would have TDA

thejman93
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
No not Jman I hate Js :p

Didn't R(ob) bury you in the woods awhile back? :D

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Didn't R(ob) bury you in the woods awhile back? :D

He can't get rid of me HE LOVES ME

thejman93
04-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I would have TDA

See, this is what I mean. Plenty of options.

Broc
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
See, this is what I mean. Plenty of options.

I would pick Sully, but that almost definitely wouldn't happen. jman or Tommy would work with the job very well though.

Tommy Thunder
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
TDA would be my personal pick.
But at the end of the day, it's the mods decision. but as Jman points out, there's plenty of candidates out there that would be more than capable of doing the job.

Vegas
04-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I'd say TDA, Tommy or Grind

S.E. Zero
04-23-2012, 06:39 PM

Mhmm, I second this.

Krysys
04-23-2012, 06:40 PM

I agree with this!

Giddy
04-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I'd go with Jman or TDA

Sully
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Should definitely be somebody he helps out a lot down in the NOC section. Just being a nice guy and a good poster, aren't always what you need in order to run the forums. Sometimes you need to be the opposite of a nice guy. You think those guys want tell someone they're not allowed back? They need to be okay when someone is yelling at them from so spam infraction.

Anyways, Tommy is always down in the NOC section. Sometimes he even beats me to the punch when it comes to helping people out.

I pick him.

But I don't think anyone said ANYTHING about a new moderator though, so I don't see why we're having this discussion ourselves. It's not like we choose anyways.

B-MCINTYRE
04-24-2012, 01:19 AM
We don't get to choose but it makes more sense for them to pick someone who people will respect and listen to. If they ever did decide to make another user a mod.

Sully
04-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Well I think eventually they will have to put a new Moderator on board. Most of the current Moderators are getting quite restless as it is being up there and keeping the site clean. Nobody can do that forever, and eventually someone out of the five will step down.

B-MCINTYRE
04-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Well I think eventually they will have to put a new Moderator on board. Most of the current Moderators are getting quite restless as it is being up there and keeping the site clean. Nobody can do that forever, and eventually someone out of the five will step down.
I don't think it's a case of one of them needing to step down. There's just more and more people on here and more and more for them to have to monitor and an extra moderator would help to relieve some of the pressure. But again it would have to be someone who other users can respect.

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Personally I think a person should become a mod who has NOT been banned. I know a lot of people like to help out but, if you've been banned, myself included... you shouldn't be a mod. I'm level headed most of the time but I lash out. Same with TT and a few others. People also who are helpful in the same token turn around and throw things in peoples faces.

I say TDA, JMan or someone who is on all night. A lot of the efed drama seems to stem in those hours when mods typically aren't around. Not trying to say anything bad about anyone, just what I feel.

B-MCINTYRE
04-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Personally I think a person should become a mod who has NOT been banned. I know a lot of people like to help out but, if you've been banned, myself included... you shouldn't be a mod. I'm level headed most of the time but I lash out. Same with TT and a few others. People also who are helpful in the same token turn around and throw things in peoples faces.

I say TDA, JMan or someone who is on all night. A lot of the efed drama seems to stem in those hours when mods typically aren't around. Not trying to say anything bad about anyone, just what I feel.
I agree with those guys as jman is possibly the most level headed person on here. And TDA as well from what I've seen. I would definetely put has not been banned on the criteria sheet as well.

Sully
04-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Everyone makes mistakes though R(ob). Just because someone was banned a year ago doesn't mean they're still causing trouble or acting up. It's not like those people have criminal records or something.

I think it comes down to who's better for the job, other then what happened to someone else based on one man's judgement of the situation.

You'd be a good choice for the job, other then your work load.

It's also a bit of who has the time to do that volunteer position. A guy who's on for an hour a day can't exactly moderate the forum.

Sully
04-24-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't think it's a case of one of them needing to step down. There's just more and more people on here and more and more for them to have to monitor and an extra moderator would help to relieve some of the pressure. But again it would have to be someone who other users can respect.

I think they've said they are REALLY comfortable with five people.

And I can actually see why. I am really comfortable with having five and only five people on the creative team for HWA. It's perfect, not too big, not too small, and it's an odd number. Odd numbers help things like voting on important matters.

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Everyone makes mistakes though R(ob). Just because someone was banned a year ago doesn't mean they're still causing trouble or acting up. It's not like those people have criminal records or something.

I think it comes down to who's better for the job, other then what happened to someone else based on one man's judgement of the situation.

You'd be a good choice for the job, other then your work load.

It's also a bit of who has the time to do that volunteer position. A guy who's on for an hour a day can't exactly moderate the forum.

I agree about the time limit on banned people becoming a mod. I think if they're banned it should play into it but, only if it was a recent banning. You know what I mean? And I offered a while ago, they said no and that they have enough people.

I agree the person should be on for more than an hour and like I said, someone who's on enough during the (American) night time. I'd love to do it, and I'm sure others would as well but, I fall into my own criteria of not being a mod due to being banned recently. I'm certainly on all night but, it's not about ME (or my ego lol. ;)) its abot what's best for the site. I agree a new mod is needed, they (Frank and current mods) do not agree that more are needed unfortunately.