PDA

View Full Version : Biggest swerve or suprise you can remember???

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 03:41 PM
From all the years I have been watching wrestling, there have been some big eye-openers. It can be someone turning heal or turning face, the suprising end to a match, a suprise debut or just something right out of left field. So my question is this, what were the biggest swerve or suprise you can remember??

Robstar
11-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Andre turning on Hogan would have to be up there. Seeing Flair for the first time in WWF, with the WHC belt.

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Tatanka turning heel???? I jest.

1-2-3 Kid beating Razor on Raw was a shocker back in the day.

Luger turning up on the first episode of Nitro is one I will remember.

MrNolan
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Sid Justice turning on Hogan maybe?

More recent... Nexus forming from a group of rookies, and proving to be very entertaining and believable while competing with the vets.

Hogan being the third member of the NWO. But only after the confusion of why Razor Ramon and Diesal were on Nitro in the first place lol. Good times.

Xpacfan
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
1. The Rock selling out to Vince McMahon
2. Stephanie "accidentally" marrying Triple H
3. Stephanie confessing to purposely marrying Triple H
4. Stone Cold selling out to Vince McMahon, hugging him, and even teaming with Kurt Angle
5. X-pac and Kane becoming a very successful tag team
6. The Rock and Mankind becoming a very successful tag team
7. Rikishi being the driver of the car that hit Stone Cold
8. Stone Cold picking a car that Triple H was in with a fork lift and dropping it on its head
9. The nWo putting The Rock in a car and then ramming it with a 16-wheeler
10.Triple H faking seisures on Smackdown! after being bit by a rattle snake on Raw
11. Booker T being forced to join the nWo by Ric Flair
12. The racism storyline between Booker T and Evolution
13. Kane actually demasking himself

Xpacfan
11-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh and the most recent:

14. Triple H smashing down Randy Orton's front door with a sledge hammer, owning him in his own home, and throwing him out of the family room window!!!

15. Jeff Jarrett smashing guitars over the head and figure fouring Moola, Mae Young, and Lillian Garcia

16. 3 Minute Warning splashing and body slamming Moola and Mae Young. They were even about to trash Freddie Blasie on Raw a week before he died!!!

17. Turning the Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge love triangle into an actual storyline.

Dameduse823
11-04-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure if this counts because it wasn't a storyline but when they canceled a live raw in order to do a tribute show for Chris Benoit that surprised the hell out of me

Rich Cranium
11-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Rick Rude showing up on Nitro and Raw the same night.

Ruggy, I'm dissapointed this isn't coming from you.

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Cheers mate,

I suppose Michaels putting Jannetty's head threw the Barbers Shop window counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3OGKp9StVY

shanethewolf
11-04-2010, 05:23 PM
When Shawn Michaels turned on Marty Janetty in the Barbershop.

It wasn't completely unexpected as they'd been building the tension between them, but I feel that's what made it the best heel turn I've ever witnessed. What's more, it was the start of Michaels' new character and his climb to the top. Everyone talks about Hogan's heel turn when he joined NWO, yet I always felt it was too scripted and not very exciting. Shawn, however, was brutal...and unlike the usual "let's keep it a secret til the last minute" heel turns, the motives were there and it all made perfect sense!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCljiGVZ5fE

shanethewolf
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Lol. Just a couple of seconds behind you there Ruggy. :)

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Jinx, guess that one is up there!!!!

jcagosto
11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Stone Cold joining the Invasion... I was shocked as hell

TheBeardOfZeus
11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I still love the edge cashing in MITB against Cena, i genuinely forgot he had the case, and when it was first done it came off great from my perspective

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I think there was one where Hawk out of LOD climbed up the titantron and seemed to fall off, that seemed very real.

Oh yeah when Mankind was thrown off the Hell In The Cell by Taker.

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Ric Flair connecting off the top rope in that silly Impact bloodbath against Mick Foley. After 15 years or so of seeing him repeatedly go to the top only to get power-slammed down, I couldn't stop laughing when he finally delivered (with the splash of a man who had completely given up on life). Puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Rich Cranium
11-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Bret Hart Montreal Screw Job

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Bret Hart Montreal Screw Job

Bloody hell yes!!!

There are way way waaaaaay too many to recall lol!

WoodenBulldozer
11-04-2010, 06:20 PM
1. Vince Mcmahon revealing himself to be the leader of the Ministry of Darkness
2. HHH pedigree to X-pac and joining the Corporation

jaxxvsyou
11-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Cheers mate,

I suppose Michaels putting Jannetty's head threw the Barbers Shop window counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3OGKp9StVY

im a bit upset you told this but thats my first REAL memory yeah thats the one that set wrestling into a whole new era
but in recent times the biggest chainyanker was when they up and took the 6sided ring..that thing was awesome
it was BUILT for faster paced wrestlers..why did they go back to four? simple..the older guys cant wrestle in 6

jhorton1215
11-04-2010, 07:38 PM
The finger-poke of doom!

Grinchin
11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
It may not be the best surprise ever but me and my gf were watching RR last year, and I looked at her and said Cena came back last year from an injury and won it at 30! Edge will be 30! Then 28 "You think you know me" I shit my pants non-literally, but damn I was psyched.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Get your http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQywcdTfHi24yz0V7x_Vot82QwAwEMfo HkMgtWsIAdqZZxgzk8&t=1&usg=__5iYgZ571zbYL5whzmhe2sawPYQ4=and enjoy!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHf5kfGMEFg

I look forward to your complaints and letters.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 09:16 PM
CM Punk winning the World Title. I always thought he was in that "Deserves it, but WWE would never do it" category.

Needless to say, I marked out HARD and almost cried.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-04-2010, 09:22 PM
CM Punk winning the World Title. I always thought he was in that "Deserves it, but WWE would never do it" category.

Needless to say, I marked out HARD and almost cried.

Epic Bodom crying pic

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrZPKFDyqv7ZuL6g1yUi39srkNC6AvT qVtGFu3kM797Bi-5yI&t=1&usg=__KNZtgI4M7vq-gHyov6VHNRjoYBg=

U MAD???

Bodom
11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep pretty spot on.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
You could fit an entire Big Mac between those lips.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Triple Whopper sucka

jcagosto
11-04-2010, 09:55 PM
You could fit an entire Big Mac between those lips.

Dude, El MesÃ*as, awesome!

Robstar
11-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Epic Bodom crying pic

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrZPKFDyqv7ZuL6g1yUi39srkNC6AvT qVtGFu3kM797Bi-5yI&t=1&usg=__KNZtgI4M7vq-gHyov6VHNRjoYBg=

U MAD???

Looks like Lenny Henry.

Another shocker was when The Pike was caught blowing the why did you leaves wwe guy in the back of El Dando's van

nrb6304
11-04-2010, 10:06 PM
when CM Punk cashed in on Jeff Hardy at Extreme Rulez, I thought that was great. COMPLETLY unexpected and a great heel turn..
The begining of Nexus
Danielson returning to WWE at Summerslam

those are recent ones.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 10:09 PM
when CM Punk cashed in on Jeff Hardy at Extreme Rulez, I thought that was great. COMPLETLY unexpected and a great heel turn..

The way they stretched out his turn and then finally pulled the trigger was pure brilliance.

TheMadThinker
11-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I do not think anyone mentioned when Hulk Hogan turned heel and it was revealed that he was the leader of NWO. Everyone hates to admit it but that was one of the biggest shocks in the history of wrestling. The fans trashed the ring, which is something I had never seen up until that point.

AndyWonder
11-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Nexus' first appearance on RAW when they showed up unannounced and destroyed the entire set. Surprised me there, I thought I would only see Barrett after the end of season 1.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Nexus' first appearance on RAW when they showed up unannounced and destroyed the entire set. Surprised me there, I thought I would only see Barrett after the end of season 1.

Without a doubt one of the greatest angles WWE had done in recent years.

TJHawkesybaby
11-05-2010, 03:57 AM
I dont see how everyone can get so hard about the Nexus angle..... its aweful!!! the only person with some talent id Justin Gabriel! let them loose and keep him! Danielson and Gabriel could have an awesome rivalry i think!!!

In recent memory there isnt really anything that grabbed me its so predictable its annoying! The only thing in raaaaastlin thats got me lately is the Jeff Hardy turn on TNA at BFG!

I was surprised that maybe Kaval won NXT considerin who he was up against! I was rootin for him since it was announced he was on, but obviously WWE ae holding him back, not only as a talent but also his wrestling in matches!

EDIT : I know that post sounded bitter but it really isnt ment to lol!

6maximum6carnage6
11-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Edge losing the wwe title and winning the world heavyweight title in the same night & competing in two consecutive elimination chamber matches. never expected anyone to lose one top belt & win the other in one ppv

Kashdinero
11-05-2010, 05:22 AM
When flair beat vader at starcade '93.... He sure was old back then
When the ultimate warrior returned at wrestlemania 8.... I was twelve and I MMMMAAAAARRRRKKKEEDDD OUT!!
When Mike Awesome debuted on WCW Monday nitro while he was still ECW champion. WTF!
When WCW's Mike Awesome lost the ECW title to the WWE's Tazz!! FTW!
And when WWF BOUGHT WCW & THE RIGHTS TO ECW! A very sad time indeed.

shanethewolf
11-05-2010, 06:51 AM
I'd like to add when RVD finally won the WWE title, but having Edge spear Cena for the assist put a bit of a downer on it for me.

Nonetheless, it was one of the most exciting main events I can ever recall and I even gained a lot of respect for Cena after that.

mattwood
11-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Surely Mick Foley to TNA?? Mr WWE leaving for occasional colour commentary on Impact.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I'd like to add when RVD finally won the WWE title, but having Edge spear Cena for the assist put a bit of a downer on it for me.

Nonetheless, it was one of the most exciting main events I can ever recall and I even gained a lot of respect for Cena after that.

I actually wanted Cena to win that much. Just to see the Hammerstein fans rush the ring and murder Cena.

jrdudley
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Triple h and stone cold forming the two man power trip and stone cold joing vince at wrestlemania

TNA 'The very best'
11-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't belive no one has said shane'o'mac turning up on nitro. or if they have i missed it,

Xpacfan
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I can't belive no one has said shane'o'mac turning up on nitro. or if they have i missed it,

This wasn't a surprise for me since it was during the day in age of internet spoilers. I found out before hand that the WWE was in the process of buying WCW.

TNA 'The very best'
11-05-2010, 01:11 PM
This wasn't a surprise for me since it was during the day in age of internet spoilers. I found out before hand that the WWE was in the process of buying WCW.

oooooook, and were you not surprised when you was reading this internet thingy that you mention.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-05-2010, 01:54 PM
oooooook, and were you not surprised when you was reading this internet thingy that you mention.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIM4PhHWiZ3j0RqtD4W0Rkd5--6uFC7LGAQOuHcmBDgLu6MKI&t=1&usg=__m6kl5RS-TbLZ31GozZeIn7LJDBo=

eyehatecena
11-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Hogan becoming a member of NWO- that really caught me off guard- never thought I would see him turn heel. I actually liked him a little after that.
Nexus
Rick Rude on Nitro and Raw on the same night.
Jerry Lawler invading ECW- the original one. Lawlers match with Dreamer, Jake Roberts, Sunny and if I remember correctly. Rick Rude, all interfering.
Bret Hart and Montreal
Bret Hart actually working with Vince again.
And hearing that Owen Hart died. I had planned to watch that PPV, but my grandmother had passed away. Drove to some relatives, stayed a few days, then drove to the funeral and I heard it on the radio that he died the night before. Not really sure if that is a suprise, more like a memory- kinda bad one.

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 06:46 AM
I actually wanted Cena to win that much. Just to see the Hammerstein fans rush the ring and murder Cena.

oh hell yeah i wanted cena to win too dunno y i dont remember a time when i wanted cena to win soo badly like on that time, the fans on ecw were holding signs saying "if cena wins we riot" so it would be awesome if cena would win it, the fans could jump over or throw garbage to the ring.

Bodom
11-06-2010, 07:01 AM
oh hell yeah i wanted cena to win too dunno y i dont remember a time when i wanted cena to win soo badly like on that time, the fans on ecw were holding signs saying "if cena wins we riot" so it would be awesome if cena would win it, the fans could jump over or throw garbage to the ring.

Throw garbage? Screw that. I wanted them to rush the ring and jump on him like a pack of starving cannibals

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Throw garbage? Screw that. I wanted them to rush the ring and jump on him like a pack of starving cannibals

dont the fans today have any consideration left for their wrestlers?
u have one sick mind lol

Bodom
11-06-2010, 08:38 AM
dont the fans today have any consideration left for their wrestlers?
u have one sick mind lol

Oh absolutely. But its Cena

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh absolutely. But its Cena

cena is just like any other human being.

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:00 AM
No. No he's not

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:03 AM
No. No he's not

:S why? lol

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Is that a rhetorical question?

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Is that a rhetorical question?

i'm sorry rethrorical wha?
i dont know every single word in english :(

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:10 AM
i'm sorry rethrorical wha?
i dont know every single word in english :(

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question without the expectation of a reply

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 09:15 AM
A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question without the expectation of a reply

oh no in this case it wasnt rhetorical.

Bodom
11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
The answer to your question was in the question.

And it would have been damn entertaining

IrkenInvader
11-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The answer to your question was in the question.

And it would have been damn entertaining

How is that enetertaining?
Oh you were talking about Cena. I would pay my life savings to see that.