PDA

View Full Version : New to me

Subject Zero
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Anyone know anything about this game?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Sleeping-Dogs-PS3/dp/B0077985J0/ref=sr_1_19?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335134436&sr=1-19

Iron Ape
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
It started out as True Crime: Hong Kong, but Activision shit-canned it mid-development. Square Enix then swooped in and turned it into Sleeping Dogs.

Subject Zero
04-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks Ape

This one now seems likes its a wait until its in the sale then buy right away. First 1 was great like a 90s martial arts film, second one was awful.

It does seem like Square Enix are really trying to branch out in these past couple of years.

wrestlingfan66513
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks Ape

This one now seems likes its a wait until its in the sale then buy right away. First 1 was great like a 90s martial arts film, second one was awful.

It does seem like Square Enix are really trying to branch out in these past couple of years.

They are, I had no clue that they are doing the newest Tomb Raider game since they own the rights

Iron Ape
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
They are, I had no clue that they are doing the newest Tomb Raider game since they own the rights
To be fair, it's a subsidiary of Square, Crystal Dynamics, that are the ones actually developing Tomb Raider. Square Enix's main contribution is going to be on the publishing side of things.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
Cool! :) Glad someone has taken it over, It looked like it was going be good and then I heard the new's it was cancelled, like said above the first one was good and second was poor!

Iron Ape
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah, a lot of people sleep on the first True Crime game. The series just kind of seemed to get swept up and lost in the post-GTA sea of sandbox wannabes.

Subject Zero
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
To be fair, it's a subsidiary of Square, Crystal Dynamics, that are the ones actually developing Tomb Raider. Square Enix's main contribution is going to be on the publishing side of things.

Do they make games anymore? I thought they had became a publisher only company a few years ago when they started buying aload of developers?

THE HEARTBREAK KID
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah, a lot of people sleep on the first True Crime game. The series just kind of seemed to get swept up and lost in the post-GTA sea of sandbox wannabes.

Yeah man I agree. :) so many sandbox games have tried and failed, have you played the just cause games?. never really liked them!

Iron Ape
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Do they make games anymore? I thought they had became a publisher only company a few years ago when they started buying aload of developers?
No, dude. They develop all of the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.

Iron Ape
04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah man I agree. :) so many sandbox games have tried and failed, have you played the just cause games?. never really liked them!
Yeah, Just Cause 2 is fantastic. It's probably tied with Red Faction: Guerrilla for my favorite sandbox experience this generation.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
04-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Just Cause 2 is fantastic. It's probably tied with Red Faction: Guerrilla for my favorite sandbox experience this generation.

Really? fair enough man.. Was never a fan personally.

Subject Zero
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
No, dude. They develop all of the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts titles.

Damn i forgot about Kingdom Hearts and i guessed they passed FF onto some other company because the standard had declined drastically over the last few games.

Shining Light
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
*Shining's ears prick up*

Someone said Kingdom Hearts?

I loved that game. Played it until the disk gave up!

zapphoman
04-24-2012, 03:57 PM
*Shining's ears prick up*

Someone said Kingdom Hearts?

I loved that game. Played it until the disk gave up!

Same here, I loved both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Never really got into the other ones. My crowning achievement to this day as a gamer was finally beating Sephiroth. I hate that bastard lol!

I hope they are still planning a third one and keep it at it's roots.

Shining Light
04-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Same here, I loved both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Never really got into the other ones. My crowning achievement to this day as a gamer was finally beating Sephiroth. I hate that bastard lol!

I hope they are still planning a third one and keep it at it's roots.

Agreed :) I bought the game for the PSP but it just wasn't the same as the others

And I remember the day when I beat Sephiroth... It was 4 o'clock in the morning, I let out a loud shout and everyone woke up -.- Not exactly my shining moment haha

zapphoman
04-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Agreed :) I bought the game for the PSP but it just wasn't the same as the others

And I remember the day when I beat Sephiroth... It was 4 o'clock in the morning, I let out a loud shout and everyone woke up -.- Not exactly my shining moment haha

lol right after I hit him with the killing blow, I yelled "EAT IT BITCH!!!". It was at about 8: 30 at night. My niece was watching me but she has heard worse.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
09-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Has anyone been playing this game? (Sleeping Dogs)

It's pretty damn good, I have enjoyed so far and anyone that's a fan of Martial Arts/Sandbox games should check it out.

zapphoman
09-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Has anyone been playing this game? (Sleeping Dogs)

It's pretty damn good, I have enjoyed so far and anyone that's a fan of Martial Arts/Sandbox games should check it out.

Yeah it's a pretty good game. The atmosphere (not the graphics but the feel of everything around you. The graphics kind of stink), the story, and the combat really made it a joy to play.