PDA

View Full Version : MLB Discussion Thread

RomanFlare
04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Couldn't find a discussion thread, didn't want to post in the EWN Fantasy League, so I created this space to talk about MLB, your favorite team, etc.

Onto business:

The Reds drastically need to mix up the lineup for a game or two. Yes, I know it is too early to panic, but we need a breath of fresh air. Here's how I'm dieing for Dusty to write the line-up today:

1 - Brandon Philips 2B (He's still a bit gimpy, but he's the best leadoff hitter on the team. Period.)
2 - Zack Cozart SS (He's the hottest man on the team right now.)
3 - Joey Votto 1B (Vottomatic! He's had a slow start, but he shows flashes of brilliance.)
4 - Ryan Ludwick RF (I wanted a righty between Votto and Bruce and Ludwick has been great so far. He is striking out every game so far, but who isn't on this team.)
5 - Jay Bruce LF (He hits for power, but still doesn't hit that well for average. Took him 5 or 6 games to get his first non-HR hit. Wow.)
6 - Todd Frazier 3B (He's back on the MLB roster, SIT ROLEN. He couldn't hit his way out of a wet, pre-ripped paper bag.)
7 - Chris Heisey CF (Stubbs is SHIT right now. Sit his ass.)
8 - Mat Latos P (I'm a believer in the 8-hole pitcher hitter. It only matters really when the 9-hole hitter starts an inning, but I love the idea of being able to get 3-on, no outs for your 3-hole hitter).
9 - Devin Mesoraco C (No problem with Hannigan, but his kid is fantastic. He's got a better bat and he's getting so much better as a defender.)

Mtt08 xXx
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Reds fan huh? Make any lineup you want, you still won't be in the same league as the Cards.

haha only kidding man

dres1214
04-18-2012, 11:41 AM
How about my Royals!!!!! :)

thejman93
04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
How about my Royals!!!!! :)

Fun young club to watch, Hosmer and Moustakas have a chance to be special.

Meanwhile, in Phillieland, we need Howard and Utley (preferably their 2008 sevles) back ASAP. The pitching is phenomenal on this club, but we can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-18-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess I'll get this popular statement ball going...

I am a Red Sox fan. Shhh keep that quiet at the minute, otherwise Bobby Valentine might accuse me of not having the right attitude.

thejman93
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I am a Red Sox fan. Shhh keep that quiet at the minute, otherwise Bobby Valentine might accuse me of not having the right attitude.

Ahhh, yeah, that's a big ol' mess right now, huh? Bobby V doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who can handle the NY/Philly/Boston media.

CM Rock-Austin
04-18-2012, 12:18 PM
San Francisco Giants fan here! As long as we stay healthy, Zito continues to pitch like he did in his first start and Tim get's his act together, we can go a long way.

Mtt08 xXx
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
pujols who? I love seeing the cardinals continue to put up big runs against good teams. I know it's early, but not having pujols so far has only resulted in less double plays. I hope the cards can keep it up without him. with freese, Beltran, holliday, Berkman, and Molina at times, the long ball is still around

dres1214
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Fun young club to watch, Hosmer and Moustakas have a chance to be special.

Those two are fun and great to watch. But, its been a rough start already. I am starting to turn into randy quaid(sp) from major league 2 movie.

dres1214
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeppp! except take the indians gear off and add Royals gear.

Sully
04-19-2012, 07:34 PM
A few weeks ago my Dad said he was watching an Athletics game, and found it funny that there was barely anyone in the crowd. He said he thought he even saw Randy Quaid yelling from the stands...so it's kind of funny you guys made that reference.

Rehmix
04-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm that weird guy on the east coast that is a Seattle Mariners Fan. But they seem to be holding their own right now in the AL!

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm that weird guy on the east coast that is a Seattle Mariners Fan. But they seem to be holding their own right now in the AL!

...just wait until the Angels get hot. But I have an American friend who supports Seattle. But so far, the only good thing I have seen from Seattle is those Seattle- style Starbucks' coffees (which I presume are irrelevant to that area)... I hope the Mariners make it the second thing that I know that's good from there.

VanHooliganX
04-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Yay! MLB thread. :)

Brewers fan here.

I already know the Cards have won our division. But maybe the wildcard spot? Very doubtful but you never know :S

dres1214
04-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Royals are on a 12 game losing streak. Our club record is 19. I think Royals will break a personal club record of 20 losses. :(

VanHooliganX
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Royals are on a 12 game losing streak. Our club record is 19. I think Royals will break a personal club record of 20 losses. :(

Nah man. Have faith.

Surely 1 team of the next 8 will have an off day or you'll have a good day at the office :)

Also. I dunno if it is the fact of my friend is a T-Blue Jays fan or not but I seem to be following that division more than the Brewers. Mainly cause theres is stupidly close and Cards will win my division :(

KJ PUNK
04-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Cardinals have been pretty beast until these past few against the Cubs.

dres1214
04-26-2012, 10:37 AM
The Royals finally won a game lol Now if they can keep the winning streak alive.

RomanFlare
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
If Dusty Baker doesn't change the line-up and get more run production, he'll be fired by the All-Star break. If he wants to keep his job, I have a great idea of how to revolutionize the line-up (and it might just save his job).

VanHooliganX
05-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Rangers vs Yankees

Dunno how many of you saw the kid crying scenario.

Apparently the couple that were very douchey to him by rubbing it in his face haven't had there phone stop ringing since.

They didn't even see or hear the child...That was next to them...The whole game ;)

RomanFlare
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Our Star First Baseman just jacked a Bottom 9, Two Outs GRAND SLAM to snap a losing streak. Holy. Shit.

VanHooliganX
05-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Our Star First Baseman just jacked a Bottom 9, Two Outs GRAND SLAM to snap a losing streak. Holy. Shit.

Nice! Congrats :)

Well we're not even contenders for the play-offs this season... Hopefully .500 though!

KJ PUNK
05-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Nice! Congrats :)

Well we're not even contenders for the play-offs this season... Hopefully .500 though!

Yep, you'll be looking at the Cards' ass all season!

VanHooliganX
05-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Yep, you'll be look at the Cards' ass all season!

Pretty much.

Shame you guys don't work out a lot or I could enjoy watching DAT ASS infront of us :P

VanHooliganX
05-17-2012, 02:12 AM
*sighs* I wasn't expecting a good season but some games I think we send a minor league team against opposition sometimes :(

Rehmix
05-30-2012, 08:42 PM
So the Mariners scored 16 runs in the span of two innings during the first three innings of their game against the Rangers tonight. How freaking crazy is that!

VanHooliganX
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Brewers seem to constantly build a really good start and fuck it up in the middle and go to 10 innings or more.

They go on a really good streak of wins that once again make me think .500 is actually possible and then they laugh in my face, bitchslap me for thinking like that and choke. But not before pissing on me and that stupid idea. Mainly me though. *sigh*

Amerinaine
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Andrew McCutchen will win tonights HR Derby.

Amerinaine
07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Love that they keep bringing up my home town. Vonderbar.

KJ PUNK
07-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Come on Beltran! Go Cards :D

VanHooliganX
09-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I'd just like to post now before whatever happens that I'm very proud of my Brewers. From being pretty much a team with fuck all hope and getting rid of Zack Greinke, to a team that currently is the best battling team (Or at least on the National side.) and on a roll of like 16/17 wins from 22!

To get back to .500 is amazing and we may even steal the 2nd wildcard spot at this rate. I seriously doubt we'll put that off but I can but hope.

Nevertheless, a storms a brewin'

GaDGTug
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Curious question I apologize for flooding, just curious soft Tap his Cell Undetected (http://mobilespy.servicesfrom.com) - Listen to all room conversations or any taking around the phone now!