PDA

View Full Version : Ezekial Jackson = Ahmed Johnson

Robstar
11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Anyone else make this comparison? All he needs is one of MVP's nasal snoring strips and he'd be there.

What do you see as the future for big Zeke?

BevinBoyz
11-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Ezekial Jackson reminds me of terry crews...

Scottland
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Anyone else make this comparison? All he needs is one of MVP's nasal snoring strips and he'd be there.

What do you see as the future for big Zeke?

It's funny you brought this up because I was just thinking Zeke does have some comparisons to Ahmed Johnson when he was on RAW. Hopefully though, for Zeke his career doesn't get cut short like Ahmed Johnson's did (sadly). Zeke has a future but it's up to WWE brass to make it work & maybe re-establish him a bit let alone come up with some better wrestling gear. Again, Zeke has a future in the WWE but WWE needs to make it happen.

Belzova
11-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Was Ahmed Johnson that guy who kept diving crazily out of the ring on to his head?

Scottland
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Was Ahmed Johnson that guy who kept diving crazily out of the ring on to his head?

Wow...if he did I don't remember. Ahmed Johnson though was a powerhouse.

Iron Ape
11-03-2010, 08:34 PM
What the hell ever happened to Ahmed Johnson, anyways?

Scottland
11-03-2010, 08:36 PM

From what I've heard he suffered some injuries that plagued his career & cut it short.

Iron Ape
11-03-2010, 08:41 PM
From what I've heard he suffered some injuries that plagued his career & cut it short.

That's a shame. I enjoyed pretending to understand the things he was saying.

Tha Crows Nest
11-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I do see a future for Big Zeke. I see him as a great heel just needing a mouthpiece maybe Abraham Washington.

Robstar
11-03-2010, 09:24 PM

Same! :D lol

Bodom
11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I haven't seen anything in Zeke, but he also hasn't really had an opportunity yet to really show anybody anything. He could become a player, looking forward to wait and see

Dameduse823
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
I still remember Ahmed Johnson taking on the Nation of Domination back when it first formed and I was always impressed with this guy. I do think Jackson has the ability to become a serious name in WWE but WWE needs to take him seriously and give him the time to develop his character infront of the crowds

Kid_Gangsta
11-03-2010, 09:58 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ueohn9.jpg orly? terr...i mean Big Z bores me. Just like Shad Gaspar bores me because they have no personality/charisma.

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Thus the need for the mouthpiece. Wasn't Regal working with him and Koslov at one point?

Bodom
11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Thus the need for the mouthpiece. Wasn't Regal working with him and Koslov at one point?

Then right when they were on the cusp of taking Zeke to that next level, he was injured.

Belzova
11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756YQWVSrqg&feature=related

Bodom
11-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Its a combination of skill and concentration.

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Tag team with Mark Henry?

Bodom
11-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Why not? It did wonders for MVP's career.

[/sarcasm]

Belzova
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I think Ezekiel Jackson should have been The Miz' bodyguard instead of Alex Riley.

Bodom
11-03-2010, 10:25 PM
And they never should have split him from Kendrick.

Kid_Gangsta
11-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I think Ezekiel Jackson should have been The Miz' enforcer instead of Alex Riley.

lol, he was already an "enforcer" with THE Brian Kendrick

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Spanky could use someone now

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Why not? It did wonders for MVP's career.

[/sarcasm]

I know right! /sarcasm

TheMadThinker
11-03-2010, 10:55 PM
With the WWE creative team being the way it is they will have him doing comedy bits like Kozlov and the great Khali before it is all over with.

Robstar
Well the news is he might have injured himself in his comeback. Probably too much flexing. So, sounds like Ahmed right?

Bodom
Well the news is he might have injured himself in his comeback. Probably too much flexing. So, sounds like Ahmed right?

sonofabitch.

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 11:01 PM
You jinxed Big Zeke

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I think he is enjoying his life being a
[http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzyh06lQO7JX_iV9fhgEeGx8k0b12t9 VwQpRS1o8X-y6qd5FE&t=1&usg=__6Xql_qxKf-HK2NaRTHjq2HfCUeI=
man. U MAD???

TheMadThinker
11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/07/03/johnson-ahmed250x437.jpg

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Big Zeke injured while flexing?

Jeez....that is sad.

Robstar
11-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Nah, it's apparantly a groin or leg as he was having trouble walking, let's hope he can work through it

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Really sucks to be injured when you returned.

Iron Ape
11-03-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but I don't see this guy's push really ever getting off the ground. He's either going to be plagued by injuries, or someone is finally going to come to the realization that he kind of sucks (of course this never stopped Dave Batista from winning titles, so what do I know?).

Drkneo
11-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Im pretty sure that i read somewhere a while ago that ahmed was arrested for prostitution and was being investigated for his alleged connection to several brothels.

Xpacfan
11-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Hmmm? I can definately see the trend in name themes:

First name- Religious referance
Last name- Stereotypical african american

Never noticed this until you said something.

Zeke's future: Unfortunately, he'll either be eventually released or kept at the bottom the card. WWE still doesn't push the well deserving. The best that I can see happening is him getting the temporary push Kofi Kingston got last year.

Rassling_Fan
11-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Im pretty sure that i read somewhere a while ago that ahmed was arrested for prostitution and was being investigated for his alleged connection to several brothels.

Really? I read somewhere he saved a girl from being raped (http://forums.prowrestlingfans.com/general-wrestling/37985-news-ahmed-johnson-saves-girl.html) a few years ago.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM

And im pretty sure thats false

jcagosto
11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
That's a shame. I enjoyed pretending to understand the things he was saying.

hahahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2Z8CxKpFM

Bodom
11-04-2010, 09:54 AM
hahahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2Z8CxKpFM

And I thought Scott Steiner cut the most incoherent promo's

Good lord

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Scott Steiners promo's are funnier. Who remembers that backstage interview he did on Matt Morgan?

Bodom
11-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Scott Steiners promo's are funnier. Who remembers that backstage interview he did on Matt Morgan?

Link perhaps? Don't remember it off hand

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-04-2010, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jut4Bbs_A6s

Bodom
11-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I take you'r Morgan promo and raise you this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJGQlrrnRg

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

That was A+ funny right there.

But back on to subject.. Ezekiel Jackson (if he really injured himself) will most likely be released soon. I mean look at Mr. Kennedy, Candice Michelle, and all of those other guys that started to come off injury prone. They got released. I really wanted this big guy to be the next Brock Lesnar but unfortunately his bones don't agree with him. They should really use Vladimir Kozlov for what they appear to be trying to do with Ezekiel Jackson.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 10:39 AM
That was A+ funny right there.

But back on to subject.. Ezekiel Jackson (if he really injured himself) will most likely be released soon. I mean look at Mr. Kennedy, Candice Michelle, and all of those other guys that started to come off injury prone. They got released. I really wanted this big guy to be the next Brock Lesnar but unfortunately his bones don't agree with him. They should really use Vladimir Kozlov for what they appear to be trying to do with Ezekiel Jackson.

Even if he did, I don't think they'll release him. He's still green where as Kennedy was there for 5 years(?). On the other hand, if he does get released it won't be the end of the world. No reason why he can't get a couple years of experience and come back.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I could see a Jackson - Sheamus angle coming soon....? Maybe?!? Sheamus has been taken off the boil lately with whole Santino bollox! Ya never what WWE will do!

Bodom
11-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I could see a Jackson - Sheamus angle coming soon....? Maybe?!? Sheamus has been taken off the boil lately with whole Santino bollox! Ya never what WWE will do!

I think it's more Sheamus - Morrison, then it is Sheamus - Santino.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I think it's more Sheamus - Morrison, then it is Sheamus - Santino.

Yeah good shout im secretly typing this at work so half my mind on lookout for my bosses lol!

But yeah good call.... Morrison should be given a push in my view, a big push, I think hes a replacement (if there is one) for HBK! please do not slate me for this comment lol! But he is a very good wrestler, his match last year with Rey Mysterio for the IC belt was epic, hes good!

Bodom
11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah good shout im secretly typing this at work so half my mind on lookout for my bosses lol!

But yeah good call.... Morrison should be given a push in my view, a big push, I think hes a replacement (if there is one) for HBK! please do not slate me for this comment lol! But he is a very good wrestler, his match last year with Rey Mysterio for the IC belt was epic, hes good!

People have been making that HBK-Morrison "comparison" for years. I won't slate you.

+1 for posting at work. I salute you.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 11:58 AM
People have been making that HBK-Morrison "comparison" for years. I won't slate you.

+1 for posting at work. I salute you.

Cheers lol!

Its not really a "comparison" as such its just a relation as he's the closest there has been or will be for a while, i would take the time to highlight the pors-cons to the arguement but this thread isnt really the place and i need to go home now lol!

Bodom
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Cheers lol!

Its not really a "comparison" as such its just a relation as he's the closest there has been or will be for a while, i would take the time to highlight the pors-cons to the arguement but this thread isnt really the place and i need to go home now lol!

That what I meant with comparison in quotes. He's the closest guy out there that can be put in an "HBK" style role

NWOMyGawd
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Comparisons are inevitable when dealing with wrestling. Every wrestler is modeled (character wise) after an earlier wrestler with a couple of big tweaks. Just look at it through history since wrestling has become considered "sports entertainment". The good-looking wrestler who is depended on for great matches bc of his wrestling and flying skills as well as his ability to take great bumps. It can be traced back all the way to Tito Santana (in my memory, im only 28). You can look at the roster now and pretty much be able to fill in the blanks with roles and characters and pretty much be able to fill it in with wrestlers from any other roster in the past 30 years. It's a tested method that will always be in place bc its proven.

El_Dandy_LWO
11-04-2010, 01:59 PM
First of all, All you Bozos have no right to compare Zeke to Ahmed...Ahmed is one of the greatest to step in the ring and Zeke has a long wa to go.. Zekes only been in the business for a few years and has only really worked under the WWE and learned to wrestle the "WWE" way....if he is serious about taking his career to the next level, he should take a year or so off from WWE and go do some jobbing in japan or mexico....

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 02:34 PM
In reply to NWOhmyGawd

Unless its already been done i feel a thread coming on....! id like to see what peoples ideas to this would be, and for the record i agree with what your saying, mostly lol!

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
First of all, All you Bozos have no right to compare Zeke to Ahmed...Ahmed is one of the greatest to step in the ring and Zeke has a long wa to go.. Zekes only been in the business for a few years and has only really worked under the WWE and learned to wrestle the "WWE" way....if he is serious about taking his career to the next level, he should take a year or so off from WWE and go do some jobbing in japan or mexico....
Bwahahahahahahaahaha!!!

Bodom
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Bwahahahahahahaahaha!!!

Eh..gotta give him credit for not out right calling everybody dumb ass motherfuckers though.

He still makes a somewhat valid point on Zeke. He hasn't had enough time to give us an impression of what he's capable of

Ruggy
11-04-2010, 03:18 PM

Sorry if someone has mentioned it, but I CBA to read the posts..... Wasn't he working with Booker T at his wrestling school or something....

The man was a breath fo fresh air when he came into the WWF, but he just couldn't control his weight. He then went to WCW as Big-T to join Booker & Stevie Ray, but he just couldn't control his weight.....

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Eh..gotta give him credit for not out right calling everybody dumb ass motherfuckers though.

He still makes a somewhat valid point on Zeke. He hasn't had enough time to give us an impression of what he's capable of

Between his stints on Smackdown and ECW, the guy had, like, a year and a half. How much time does he need to make at least some kind of impression?

SilverGhost
11-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Between his stints on Smackdown and ECW, the guy had, like, a year and a half. How much time does he need to make at least some kind of impression?

His last impression was forgotten when he got injured.

Bodom
11-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Smackdown he played second fiddle to Kendrick, they barely gave him the opportunity to stand out. ECW? WWE didn't give two shits about ECW during that time so why should the casual fan care about anything that happened. My point is he hasn't been exposed enough to the casual fans.

SilverGhost
11-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Smackdown he played second fiddle to Kendrick, they barely gave him the opportunity to stand out. ECW? WWE didn't give two shits about ECW during that time so why should the casual fan care about anything that happened. My point is he hasn't been exposed enough to the casual fans.

I bet some people don't even know who he is.

Big Zeke was the last ECW champ but it doesn't even matter because that title wasn't recognized completely.

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 04:21 PM
His last impression was forgotten when he got injured.

Them putting the ECW title on him at the very least minute still gave me no indication of the guy's wrestling talent. All that said to me was that Vince saw a shortcut to have the guy appear as some kind of monster for when he transitioned to Smackdown. That's literally all that I got out of it.

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM

I'm not really concerned with how he comes across to the casual fan, as I'm not one of them. I watched the entire final stretch of ECW and didn't see much of anything about Big Zeke, aside from his size, to be getting excited over.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Just had chance to watch this.....

all I can say is....... "HE'S FAAAT!!!!"

rofl!!! that made me wee a lil!!!

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Just had chance to watch this.....

all I can say is....... "HE'S FAAAT!!!!"

rofl!!! that made me wee a lil!!!

Steiner's one of the few old guys who I think actually added something to TNA, as his hilariously awful promos were endlessly entertaining. Sucks he isn't still around.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Steiner's one of the few old guys who I think actually added something to TNA, as his hilariously awful promos were endlessly entertaining. Sucks he isn't still around.

Would you maybe class Angle as an "old" guy?

Big Zeke.... im not sure he can hold water at the moment....?!?! Difficult one....!

Iron Ape
11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Would you maybe class Angle as an "old" guy?

Big Zeke.... im not sure he can hold water at the moment....?!?! Difficult one....!

Angle certainly isn't young, but he doesn't belong in any of the deadweight conversations. He's still fantastic in the ring, and probably the best all-around guy on their entire roster.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Angle certainly isn't young, but he doesn't belong in any of the deadweight conversations. He's still fantastic in the ring, and probably the best all-around guy on their entire roster.

Mate i fully agree!!! Was just puttin that out there! Angle is still in my view one of the best, if not the best, in the world! and has been for a long looooong time!!! Maybe Jericho.... ahhhh its annoying lol!!!

Rich Cranium
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Angle deserves his own thread imo. This guy is a machine! Through all the nagging injuries and for his age (he's no spring chicken) he never let's you down.

TJHawkesybaby
11-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Angle deserves his own thread imo. This guy is a machine! Through all the nagging injuries and for his age (he's no spring chicken) he never let's you down.

If there was a like button id press it! Agreed!

Winning a gold medal with a broken kneck.... WTF!!!

WWE dropped a bollock with him!!! HA!