PDA

View Full Version : Was there ever a time you thought "Why do I bother watching??"

Ruggy
11-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm sure there has been a time when we have thought there was no point in watching wrestling anymore. I have a few of them over the years, but wrestling has always pulled me back.

Here is one of mine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmhVhFlwVo

I was wondering what yours are??

westy
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Great post by the way.

I have loved wrestling from when I was young, WCW, WWE, ECW all great. When WCW died :( sad day for me, the it was all about WWE and I wasn't too impressed with what they were doing. When RVD and Flair left I gave up. All these new kids on the block in WWE I have no interest in.

But Flair, Hogan, Sting, Angle, RVD and all the old boys have got me watching again. What I'm seeing from TNA isn't perfect but I'm happy watching every week and I'm glad to be back.

Bodom
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Sure there is. Anytime I'd turn Impact on.

I kid, I kid............................................... sort of

SaberToothTigerz
11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Yea there was a time for me..
When ecw rised from the horizon back in 2006 i think and all the good one's were leaving i saw wwe loosing potential bcuz to me it was important..look back in 2006 on my country portugal it only aired raw and smackdown nowadays it doesnt air any of them anymore but back then we didnt had ecw so i couldnt see kurt angle, rvd and among many others it was sad for me..so i gave up watching wwe UNTILL i had my first pc on 2007 then i searched and found reliable websites to watch ecw on so from that moment forward i watched wwe but not so thrilled for it as i am of lately..i'd say I missed some shows from time to time, when ecw ended around last year? i started watching wwe more..

Mr. McMahon
11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
yup, everyday since eddie's death. it was not bad in 05-06, it really hit the shitcan in 07 and i havent felt the same way ever since 07. just keep tuning in hopes that wwe will once again improve and be entertaining for each and every single second, segment, promo, match etc..

WWTNA
11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pr8bBvJq_0&feature=related

SilverGhost
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pr8bBvJq_0&feature=related

You loves Vickie xD

That moment has never occured to me. I just watch it.

Rich Cranium
11-03-2010, 09:10 PM
during most TNA shows

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The answer to your question is NEVER. I love pro rasslin, it has everything. Please allow me to be serious for a moment. It features great drama, suspense, action, adventure, comedy, violence, and sex-appeal. A good movie has maybe one or two of these elements. Wrestling contains all of these rolled into one. The knock on wrestling is that it's fake, but movies and soap-operas are also choreographed or "fake" and that doesn't stop people from enjoying them. Wrestlers also work in front of a live crowd. Unlike movie and soap actors, they can't do scenes over and over until they get them right. They only get one take and I enjoy when things don't go as planned, it makes for great live tv i.e when fans jump in the ring/a botched spot in a Randy Orton match. Pro wrestling can take you through the gamut of emotions. It can make you cheer, it can make you boo, make you laugh one second and cry the next. It has compelling storylines and many plot twists and turns. It leaves you on the edge of your seat, wondering what's going to happen next. There are many different types of performers in wrestling. There are great technical wrestlers, great brawlers, great high-flyers, great talkers, great comics, great storytellers, great heros, and great villains. Then there is the rare breed like a Chris Jericho or a Shawn Michaels who do everything well. The storylines must stay fresh so sometimes the hero becomes a villain or vice versa. Why did the "bad guy" come to the "good guy's" aid? Why did the "good guy" betray his best friend and stab him in the back? It will all be explained in due time (except in TNA storylines) . That my friend is why I will never be one of those people that say "Why do I bother watching." Instead I will be saying "I wonder what will happen next." U MAD???