PDA

View Full Version : Danielson vs generico

jordan1995
04-11-2012, 09:21 AM
so i was watching night two from proving ground in 2009 on DVD and thought id have a look on YouTube to see if i could find this to show you guys what i think ROH misses these days , something light hearted and not so serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBCh-9WEU2k

Enjoy :)

magglis
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Just awesome thanks Jordan for posting this

jordan1995
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Just awesome thanks Jordan for posting this
No bother mate

Robareid
04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
OMG I love it

jordan1995
04-11-2012, 02:13 PM
OMG I love it

Something like this is missing these days , even bringing back Colt would help !

magglis
04-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Something like this is missing these days , even bringing back Colt would help !

ROH still gives us the best wrestling matches

supergoing
04-11-2012, 03:01 PM
ROH still gives us the best wrestling matches

PWG would like a word with you.

jordan1995
04-11-2012, 03:55 PM
PWG would like a word with you.

YES this , PWG is the best promotion , yeah it uses some of ROH roster but it has the NWA guys Chikara guys its awesome , PWG Steen Wolf the best PPV ive ever seen , if you don't have it on DVD order it.

TelkEvolon
04-11-2012, 06:19 PM
ROH has always had the better match than PWG. I can't think of a year when they haven't.

Also, PWG are hardly even a wrestling promotion as much as it is just a random wrestling live show that happends to be taped. If it actually wants to be compared as a wrestling promotion with other wrestling promotions then it is VERY lacking in what it has to offer and what it actually is. Better off being a great alternative to a wrestling promotion.

Cabers
04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Ill still laughing nearly ten minutes after watching it absolutely brillaint!!!

supergoing
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
ROH has always had the better match than PWG. I can't think of a year when they haven't.

Also, PWG are hardly even a wrestling promotion as much as it is just a random wrestling live show that happends to be taped. If it actually wants to be compared as a wrestling promotion with other wrestling promotions then it is VERY lacking in what it has to offer and what it actually is. Better off being a great alternative to a wrestling promotion.

Don't really care much about why PWG doesn't fit your idea of a "wrestling promotion", but I am confused about why it's supposedly lacking in what it has to offer. Practically the only things they offer is a fun atmosphere, and great/dream wrestling matches featuring some of the best indy talent on the scene. I reckon it largely succeeds at both of those things. I mean, it's something that's marketed heavily towards workrate-marks - bar the occasional feud, it doesn't even pretend to have great storylines, or hard hitting promos, or whatever minutiae you believe a "wrestling promotion" consists of.

As far as I'm concerned, PWG is just waaaaaaaaaay more consistent at releasing quality shows than ROH are on a DVD-by-DVD basis. Especially last year, where the majority of non-iPPV ROH shows (up to Gateway of Honor - which is as far as I've seen) were mostly trash, and there wasn't one shitty PWG show to be seen all year.

TelkEvolon
04-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Don't really care much about why PWG doesn't fit your idea of a "wrestling promotion", but I am confused about why it's supposedly lacking in what it has to offer. Practically the only things they offer is a fun atmosphere, and great/dream wrestling matches featuring some of the best indy talent on the scene. I reckon it largely succeeds at both of those things. I mean, it's something that's marketed heavily towards workrate-marks - bar the occasional feud, it doesn't even pretend to have great storylines, or hard hitting promos, or whatever minutiae you believe a "wrestling promotion" consists of.

As far as I'm concerned, PWG is just waaaaaaaaaay more consistent at releasing quality shows than ROH are on a DVD-by-DVD basis. Especially last year, where the majority of non-iPPV ROH shows (up to Gateway of Honor - which is as far as I've seen) were mostly trash, and there wasn't one shitty PWG show to be seen all year.

I mean ROH has always had the best match at the end of the year.

It's shallow, there is no.... Anything else, random matches, dream match overkill to the point where none of the matches end up meaning anything, but like I said, a great live wrestling show. But when compared to othe promotions, it really doesn't stack up. Their actual roster is pretty weak and without outside talent, they wouldn't really have a leg to stand on. There is simply nothing to it, a shallow indy company. More importantly, it's a lazy indy company that knows it doesn't have to try very hard for it's lofty fanbase.

PWG can afford to just chuck out random matches, they don't have all the issues and concerns like real wrestling companies have with TV, storylines and progession using a consistant roster. All PWG is, is random matches. Just random meaningless match after random meaningless match that doesn't even matter what happens in it, as by the time the next show rolls around, it's pretty much all forgotten.

I'm fine with saying PWG is great and has been on fire since 2009, but it can't really be compared with anything else without looking like a joke.

magglis
04-12-2012, 04:54 AM
I mean ROH has always had the best match at the end of the year.

It's shallow, there is no.... Anything else, random matches, dream match overkill to the point where none of the matches end up meaning anything, but like I said, a great live wrestling show. But when compared to othe promotions, it really doesn't stack up. Their actual roster is pretty weak and without outside talent, they wouldn't really have a leg to stand on. There is simply nothing to it, a shallow indy company. More importantly, it's a lazy indy company that knows it doesn't have to try very hard for it's lofty fanbase.

PWG can afford to just chuck out random matches, they don't have all the issues and concerns like real wrestling companies have with TV, storylines and progession using a consistant roster. All PWG is, is random matches. Just random meaningless match after random meaningless match that doesn't even matter what happens in it, as by the time the next show rolls around, it's pretty much all forgotten.

I'm fine with saying PWG is great and has been on fire since 2009, but it can't really be compared with anything else without looking like a joke.

Guys PWG and ROH are both awesome because both of them they got Steen

jordan1995
04-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Im a huge ROH fan but still i believe PWG produces better shows, Buy steen wolf and tell me you've seen a better PPV ?