PDA

View Full Version : Mojo's World Football Shorts

Mojo Tartarus
04-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey all.

Now we have some semblance of normality here and the fact we have a good range of football fans, I've decided to start this thread to throw open discussion to the wider world of football.

Now in all honesty, I absolutely love overseas football and I have followed many leagues, almost as long as I have English football. I have a predilection for the; Italian League, Spanish League, German League, Dutch League, French League, Portuguese League, Turkish League, Japanese League, Brazillian League, Argentine League, Norwegian League and Danish League. (don't worry Pau, I aim to add the Mexican League soon!)

My main interest is actually Serie A, which I've been a huge follower of since I was about 8! Sunday lunchtimes watching the Italian football shows on Channel 4, was a personal favourite. To the point where, up to the formation of the Premier League (and even during the first few years of that) I actually watched more Italian, than English football. I'm a huge Juventus fan.

So basically I'm going to use this to keep you guys up to speed, on all matters of World Football. Naturally imput is always welcome.

I shall be reviewing Leagues, games, players and general tidbits about the Beautiful Game worldwide (my scope isn't going to be limited to those Leagues mentioned)

So as of this evening, I shall be pitching up with my first posts!

VanHooliganX
04-10-2012, 08:27 PM
No love for the MLS? :(

Mojo Tartarus
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
No love for the MLS? :(

Bloody hell, that was quick! :p

I did say not limited to those mentioned. What I'm hoping for is anyone who follows Leagues outside my main ones, would help me out by adding their knowledge of those Leagues! So you can be my MLS correspondant! :)

VanHooliganX
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Bloody hell, that was quick! :p

I did say not limited to those mentioned. What I'm hoping for is anyone who follows Leagues outside my main ones, would help me out by adding their knowledge of those Leagues! So you can be my MLS correspondant! :)

I'll try. I only super focus on the Whitecaps but I'll try following the rest.

Good thread though pal :)

Mojo Tartarus
04-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I'll try. I only super focus on the Whitecaps but I'll try following the rest.

Good thread though pal :)

Even if you mainly add stuff about them but throw in say; League results and standings etc it all helps!

Cheers dude! :)

Tomsta666
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Wade (sorry Mojo ;)) actually likes Serie A ???

http://files.sharenator.com/Scanners_Freak_Your_Mind_Out-s400x295-137618-580.gif

Although I do remember those Sunday afternoons on Channel 4 fondly myself ;)

Mojo Tartarus
04-10-2012, 08:42 PM

http://files.sharenator.com/Scanners_Freak_Your_Mind_Out-s400x295-137618-580.gif

Yup, I really do! (love that film by the way :D)

Absolutely, good times! :)

Daffy Duck's Finest
04-10-2012, 08:50 PM

YES! Serie A whilst eating Sunday dinner, with a cheeky dessert for the final 10 minutes.

Oh and the Gazetta on the Saturday. All the presenter seemed to do was read newspapers and drink expressos at fancy cafes!

Mojo Tartarus
04-10-2012, 08:56 PM
YES! Serie A whilst eating Sunday dinner, with a cheeky dessert for the final 10 minutes.

Oh and the Gazetta on the Saturday. All the presenter seemed to do was read newspapers and drink expressos at fancy cafes!

Haha! I remember that! What a cushy little number! :D

Steve Austin
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I like this.

pauadrian
04-11-2012, 12:06 AM
I love this shit.
I call the mexican league
*everybody stays quiet*
YEAH I GOT IT :D

only follow fully by order
EPL
mexican league
MLS

Mojo Tartarus
04-11-2012, 02:21 AM
I love this shit.
I call the mexican league
*everybody stays quiet*
YEAH I GOT IT :D

only follow fully by order
EPL
mexican league
MLS

Pau, our roving reporter in Mexico! :D

pauadrian
04-11-2012, 02:35 AM
Pau, our roving reporter in Mexico! :D

When are we starting this stuff?

Robareid
04-11-2012, 05:09 AM
I'm so boring, I only get time to watch EPL, Europa League and the Champions League. It's mainly because I watch too much wrestling (WWE (6 hours a week + PPVs) TNA (3 hours a week + PPVs) ROH (1 hour a week + DVDs & PPVs) and RKK (2 hours a week). On average I'm watching like 16 hours of wrestling a week, so you can understand why my football viewing is limited

Mojo Tartarus
04-11-2012, 05:27 AM
When are we starting this stuff?

If you have stuff, post away.

I just have to wait until I get home from work later. This is for all of ya! :)

Mojo Tartarus
04-11-2012, 05:28 AM
I'm so boring, I only get time to watch EPL, Europa League and the Champions League. It's mainly because I watch too much wrestling (WWE (6 hours a week + PPVs) TNA (3 hours a week + PPVs) ROH (1 hour a week + DVDs & PPVs) and RKK (2 hours a week). On average I'm watching like 16 hours of wrestling a week, so you can understand why my football viewing is limited

The joys of DVR and Fast Forward! :p

pauadrian
04-11-2012, 05:36 AM
If you have stuff, post away.

I just have to wait until I get home from work later. This is for all of ya! :)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS

I don't need my chivas thread anymore

VanHooliganX
04-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Posting this here as well to start this bad boy off :)

Just so you know. This is on world class difficulty and only controlling my keeper. Also my memory isn't always the best so I've forgotten a few things here and there but it is all true.

Should be pretty BEAST!

My pro is called Van Hooligan X (;D) He is a goalkeeper and started as 77. This was mainly to tank the keeper accomplishments for my virtual pro. So which team did I start with. Well I wanted to pick someone from my region, Yorkshire. At the time I was talking to Tomsta over Xbox so I picked Middlesbrough! (Although semi-Yorkshire rejects I don't mind them ;P)

Middlesbrough had a decent start to the season. After 16 games we have 9 wins 7 draws and the best defence in the championship. West Ham United were running away with it though and would end up never being caught and finishing 1st. But who cares about them!

League Cup:

'Boro would have a really great run.
1-1 vs Wycombe. Beat them on pens. Funny thing is I didn't save 1 pen, they missed most themselves XD
0-0 vs Bournemouth. Beats them on pen.
0-0 vs Norwich. Beat them on pens. 3-0 in the first 3 rounds.
We would beat Charlton and a few others who I forget. Including Spurs after losing 2-1 away. We would win 3-2 in altogether to reach the final!

Meanwhile in the FA Cup:

We beat Blackpool, Southampton, Bolton aaaand maybe Chelsea 14-0 (Okay I admit it, I may have turned sliders up for us and down for them. I didn't score any of them but I REALLY hate Chelsea!)
In the Quarter-final I would have Arsenal at home. That drew 3-3. Bullshit goals from both sides really.
The replay at their stadium would be 1 of my favourites since I went up last minute and scored!
My first goal! We would steal the game in extra time as well to record a brilliant win!

Sadly the semis wouldn't be fun as we got a massive reality check by Aguero from Man City and 1 derp defender.

Aguero shoots, defender gets in my way when I dive and it slides past both of us. 6 minutes later Aguero does a bad cross but the same cunt tries to blast it away but blasts it into my net...Then at the end of the game he gives away a penalty. Wesley Snejider (Aye apparently City bought him, shame we won't IRL like) puts the pen away but I guess the correct way.
3-0 and Boro are out of the FA Cup :(

Wondering what happened in the League Cup final?

No. No-one cares.

Oh...Well stop reading then? That or stop being smelly...Anyway, get this lads.

Everton vs Middlesborough in the League Cup final. A spot in Europe up for grabs!

Final score: 1-1 AET!
This motherfuckers going to penalties!

Boro gained the advantage early on thanks to a BEAST save from their well hung hero ;D

Sadly Thomson hit the post :(

Eventually Everton would only need to score 1 pen to win it. Gibson would be a disrespectful cunt and place it right through the middle.

During the medal ceremony when the teams were shaking hands. Van would punch Gibson straight in the face! KO'ing him! So Van got the last laugh! Their was an uproar in the media. Hell The Sun even tried to do actual journalism it was that big! Sadly Frank Lampard opened a fast food shop for just himself and Adrian Chiles so that became bigger news 2 days after for them. The FA would ban Van for the next 6 games and Gibson would be out for the rest of the season for series brain damage. What a punch!

...Didn't buy that did ya... :( Well turns out next game I'd get a wrist injury and miss 6 games...Thought my version would be more interesting though, plus I'd like revenge on Gibson for doing something very disrespectful. The Lampard and Chiles thing is true though, they should go to Weight-Watchers.

So even though we had 2 really great cup runs, the main target was and always was promotion to the promised land, the English Premier League.

For 9/10 of the season it was a battle for 2nd against Blackpool. Remember only 2 teams go up automatically and I didn't want to go through the play-offs.

By the time my injur--Err! Suspension was over, we were about 5 points off with 6 games left.

Want the good news or the bad news?

Neither really...

God damn you...Go away then!

Good news
Blackpool hit a shitstreak!

Bad news
Boro hit a shitstreak!

We had 4 0-0s in a row whilst they either drew or lost. But the 2nd to last game looked like we were going to draw 0-0 again until Tudgay got his 20th of the season in the 90th minute to give us the 3 points. Which made us tie on points with Blackpool. Thankfully we have superior GD making us second.

The last game of the season was pretty boring. We won 3-1 and they won 1-0 so no change at all and we did get promoted!

After the massive disappointment in the 2 cups I was just glad I made Boro take 2nd. Oh, if you're feeling sorry for Blackpool. Don't, they went up through the play-offs lol.

Stats:
Appearences: 59
Wins: 39
Draws: 14
Losses: 6
Goals: 1
Assists: 0
Clean Sheets: 39
Man of the match awards: 6

So that was the first season over and done with. My player was 84 rated overall after this season with most of the accomplishments done.

Next year will be more fun though people ;)

Mojo Tartarus
04-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Nice piece of work Van!

You'll have to bear with me until the weekend, before I get my stuff rolling here (bloody work) but post away guys, post away!!

Y2Jryder
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Dutch league all the way:D:D

VanHooliganX
04-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Nice piece of work Van!

You'll have to bear with me until the weekend, before I get my stuff rolling here (bloody work) but post away guys, post away!!

Glad you enjoyed it pal :)

You and the lads may enjoy the next edition. It involves heavily with Suarez. ;D

Thought it was be a decent first edition for this thread though :)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
04-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Who would have thought Wade was a fan of the Italian League! JJ will be so confused right now.. :D

In other news:

In the Super Clasico Club America beat Chivas 1-0 :D Sorry Pau!

A second half goal from the Incredible Hulk kept Porto at the top of the league and one step closer to keeping hold of the title after beating Braga 1-0 :D Forca Porto!

Benfica's title aspirations were dealt a huge blow after they were beating 1-0 by Sporting Lisbon, A first half penalty from Ricky Van Wolfswinkel!

And Real madrid are currently beating rivals Athletico madrid 3-1 so far.. A hartrick from the Portuguese prince Ronaldo!! <3 :D

Edit: Make that 4-1 Jose Callejon with the finish and Man of the Match Ronaldo with the assist!

VanHooliganX
04-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Watched highlights of both the Manchester games:

Wigan: Say what you want about them. I realise they're not exactly good but what they lack in skill they make up for in will power. They never give up. They should've left the Premier League ages ago and yet they've never been relegated. Every single time I think they're dead and buried they win. Tonight they did very well and anyone who supports them should cling to tonight for a very long time.

Manchester United: I realise many people on EWN are fans of this team but the truth sometimes hurts. Officiating was piss poor. Decisions went both teams way when it shouldn't of. Wigan had a disallowed goal for a stupid reason. You mean De Gea can't push a guy who he pushed forward with ease in an early corner? Evans should've been sent off. Although Wigan shouldn't of had a corner and you should've had a penalty so we'll call it even. Still, United didn't take any of their chances whilst Wigan did. Simple really, United lost. You barely had any actual chances, you played piss poor and Wigan deserved to beat you.

West Brom: You need a better keeper. I don't really know what else to say, WBA tried and it just wasn't your night.

Manchester City: I'm starting to think Richards is incredibly unlucky. That defender getting in the way is like the 3 time this season he should've scored. (Hit the bar at Sunderland, disallowed goal at Swansea, this.)
Nasri is playing a lot better these days. A tad unlucky to miss a few shots but he got a nice assists and looked quite dangerous in attack.
We've really missed Tevez, hope he stays for another season. Not fully forgiven him but I can't asked for much more than what he's doing now.
Aguero <3
Silva had a great game, hopefully he finds he beast form again.
Defence did very well as well tonight.
We looked like the team that could score a stupid amount. A performance we needed to boost our confidence.

Now...for Norwich away... :S

Steve Austin
04-12-2012, 06:09 AM
Nice post Van, I agree with most except for West Brom needing a keeper, Foster has had a cracking season and his poor defence has let him down, although they made 6 changes against one of the best teams around.

They're safe and will probably not win many games from now until the end of the season.

I do like Aguero and Tevez up top together :)

VanHooliganX
04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Nice post Van, I agree with most except for West Brom needing a keeper, Foster has had a cracking season and his poor defence has let him down, although they made 6 changes against one of the best teams around.

They're safe and will probably not win many games from now until the end of the season.

I do like Aguero and Tevez up top together :)

Fair enough pal about the bolded. I haven't watched enough WBA to really say that but he had a bad shift against us.

I'm catch 22 with Aguero and Tevez together.

Brilliant for us. But also brilliant for Argentina. A team I never want to see lift the world cup in my lifetime :S

Steve Austin
04-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Fair enough pal about the bolded. I haven't watched enough WBA to really say that but he had a bad shift against us.

I'm catch 22 with Aguero and Tevez together.

Brilliant for us. But also brilliant for Argentina. A team I never want to see lift the world cup in my lifetime :S

Not his best game against City but they bombareded him with shots all day.

I don't think they'll play for Argentina very much, usually it's Messi, Aguero and Di Maria with Higuain sometimes and Lavezzi who's been immense so no need to worry about those 3 for Argentina but they have Messi anyway :p

Y2Jryder
04-12-2012, 03:56 PM

There is a little JJ inside everyone:D

VanHooliganX
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
When we last left off. The Boro wonder keeper had finished his season with a runner-up League Cup medal, a respectable 2nd in the championship to make them promoted to the EPL and the best defensive record overall so I can't complain with that really.

So the gaffa was pretty happy with my performances apparently and said they'd offer me another contract. It was a tempting offer don't get me wrong. From £20k per week + 20% clean sheet bonus they offered me £25k and I'd assume the same bonus.

But alas, the sand of the hourglass were up for the Vanny-poo and 'Boro.

My other choices were:

- Fulham who finished 8th, for the same amount of dosh.
- Crewe Alexandria, 20th in League 2. I'd become captain but on a 3k contract...*pats Crewe on the head of at least trying*
- MK Dons who got promoted, piss poor money as well

Wasn't looking very appealing in all honesty. My guy was worth £18.5 million at the time! I was hoping for at least a tiny gem in these optio--SUDDENLY!

From a distance! There it was. The offer I had been waiting all my life for! It was Bari...Nah, just kidding. It was Lazio. Who finished 4th (I thought this mean champions league but Seria A being inferior to the EPL means top 3 get that and 4th and 5th get Europa League) and were offering me £80k a week?! For European football as well?!

Sign me up!

And there it was lads. I'd reached Europe, I'd joined a team that I thought could achieve great things.

I get the feeling I'm going to have to give you a bit of backstory here. Ya see in FIFA 12. Teams can get bought out and get a stupid amount of money to spend on players. Leeds United got bought out whilst I was with Middlesbrough. I didn't mention it since we all know what happened the last night Leeds had money ;)

Well Lazio were 1 of the teams in Seria A to be bought. They bought quite a few brilliant players too. A few I've never heard of but in about 4 in average 80s level for £10-30 million each. Myself for £18.5 million we'll say (My price at the time) and some guy called Luis Suarez. He was okay...I guess. Nothing special.

Wait! What am I saying Suarez was an absolute powerhouse in this season! No lie. But we'll get to that.

How did I do? Well:

Europa League:
Interesting cup. I personally was hoping for Everton everytime we advanced because I wanted to get my revenge on them for beating me in the League Cup final. Sadly this didn't happen as they went out round of 16 to Sporting CP :( We had to qualify over someone a lot weaker. Over the 2 legs it finished 4-1 and I want you to remember that 1 goal.
Mainly due to the fact of in our group we had Schalke of Germany and 2 'How did you even qualify' teams. We would even up 1 point behind Schalke with 3 wins and 3 draws whilst they only lost to us once and drew the other. But I would end up not letting any goals in throughout the group stage. It was incredibly weird. The clean sheet table I was destroying with 7 clean sheets already!

The following round we would get Valencia who did poop in the Champions League. We beat them 2-0 after 2 legs. Bayern Leverkusen next, they knocked Arsenal the previous round and did it with ease. This surely won't be an easy fixtu--Wait what...5-0?! God damn Suarez. Calm the fuck down!

The quarters would see rivals Roma and Lazio battle it out. I'm not going to tell you every save both keepers did but the amount of shots we both saved over the 2 games was stupid. It finished 0-0 AET and this was going down to pens.

Lazio would take an early lead with the combo of Suarez and Hooligan X which pleased my penis...until the rest of Lazio tried the crossbar challenge from where pens are taken. Needless to say, this made me floppy. The floppyness ended up costing us and we were knocked out of Europe.

This truly left a massive sour taste in my mouth. I'd gone so many games and only let 1 goal in to be defeated through penalties...Me and Suarez weren't happy!

FA Cup (Italy's version):

I came. I saw. I came. I'm going to be honest with you. Anyone we faced, we destroyed. Even Juventus in the quarters would get destroyed, although they would get the last laugh as we faced them 1 week later and in that time they bought Mario Ballotelli. We would lose 4-0 with him getting 4...I was serious pissed. Anywho, VHX would copy he Europe form and not let any goals in all cup. I was very proud of that stat I'll point out. But wasn't exactly challenging. We would beat Palermo 3-0 in the final. I had 2 shots all game to save.

I get the feeling I'm the first person on EWN to use the spoiler tag for what it truly was meant for. :S

Seria A:

I'm not going to bore you with certain game stories. But mid-way through the season I unlocked the GK goes up for corners trait, which I added. So I actually scored 3 very important goals through the season which I'm pretty proud of. I also managed to gain a handful of assists all thanks to Suarez being able to destroy people in defence and smash it into the net. Happy days.
Lazio would win the league after 36 games just over AC Milan and Genoa, who were also bought out.

That's it really. This edition was a more serious 1 methinks. So let's fuck up the ending!

Let's just say the manager of Lazio, Jerry Junkie or for time sake...JJ. Was a bit of a smelly goose. He was racist to Suarez (Yeah, go figure.) Disrespectful to VHX for being English and an overall idiot that at times, showed he didn't know what to do and was leeching off Suarez's ability to be the top scorer and Vans ability to have mostly clean sheet most matches.

Van would not want to stick around for another season and would look at his options!

- Chelsea - LOL No
- Man City - Tempting, but I'd like to save the EPL for a later date
- Barcalona - ...FUCK YEAH! 110K a week?! 5% clean sheet bonus?! Sign me up!

So the next season will be Van Hooligan X. Barca's #1 keeper!

pauadrian
04-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Chivas have lost yet again :(
2 games I go they lose :(

Mojo Tartarus
04-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I am hoping to get a real buzz on with this thread the weekend!!

Y2Jryder
04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Ajax 6 points above the rest, top of the league:D

Mojo Tartarus
04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Ajax 6 points above the rest, top of the league:D

Glory Hunter! :p

Y2Jryder
04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Glory Hunter! :pLast 10 games we played = 30 points. Beat that Liverpool!:p

Steve Austin
04-20-2012, 10:18 AM
If Liverpool were in the Dutch league for the next 100 years they'd stay unbeaten.

B-MCINTYRE
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
If Liverpool were in the Dutch league for the next 100 years they'd stay unbeaten.
Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha. Liverpool undefeated.... In what fairy tale land is that? Oh right Dutch league... Nevermind... Still better than A-League ... I still dislike this sport... Where was I going with this again?

Steve Austin
04-20-2012, 10:30 AM
like this sport... Where was I going with this again?

Hopefully you were going and never coming back...

:D

Y2Jryder
04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
You're kidding right:p

Steve Austin
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
You're kidding right:p

Yeah, they'd probably lose 1 or 2 when they're in cup finals :p

Y2Jryder
04-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah, they'd probably lose 1 or 2 when they're in cup finals :p

You still overrate your own team I see:p

Steve Austin
04-20-2012, 04:10 PM
You still overrate your own team I see:p

You still overrate your own league I see :D

Mojo Tartarus
04-20-2012, 04:15 PM
I should just rename this thread, The DEFINITIVE World Football Banter Thread! :D

Steve Austin
04-20-2012, 04:19 PM
I should just rename this thread, The DEFINITIVE World Football Banter Thread! :D

Please do :p

pauadrian
04-20-2012, 04:42 PM
here is the curent league table for mexico all have played same amount of games (15) and only 2 games left in the season 1 is relegated every season that one is Estudiantes this year over relegation percentage

Tigres 31 pts
Santos 30 pts
Morelia 30 pts
Monterrey 28 pts
America 28 pts
Tijuana 24 pts
Pachuca 24 pts
Cruz Azul 21 pts
Jaguares 21 pts
Toluca 18 pts
Atlas 17 pts
Puebla 16 pts
Pumas UNAM 15 pts
Chivas 15 pts
Atlante 15 pts
San Luis 12 pts
Estudiantes 11 pts
Gallos Blancos Queretaro 10 pts

next fixtures

Morelia VS Atlante
San Luis VS Tijuana
Gallos Blancos of Queretaro VS Toluca
Cruz Azul VS Estudiantes
Guadalajara derby Chivas VS Atlas
Santos VS Tigres
Monterrey VS Pachuca
Pumas UNAM VS Jaguares
Puebla VS Jaguares

Mojo Tartarus
04-20-2012, 05:21 PM
here is the curent league table for mexico all have played same amount of games (15) and only 2 games left in the season 1 is relegated every season that one is Estudiantes this year over relegation percentage

Tigres 31 pts
Santos 30 pts
Morelia 30 pts
Monterrey 28 pts
America 28 pts
Tijuana 24 pts
Pachuca 24 pts
Cruz Azul 21 pts
Jaguares 21 pts
Toluca 18 pts
Atlas 17 pts
Puebla 16 pts
Pumas UNAM 15 pts
Chivas 15 pts
Atlante 15 pts
San Luis 12 pts
Estudiantes 11 pts
Gallos Blancos Queretaro 10 pts

next fixtures

Morelia VS Atlante
San Luis VS Tijuana
Gallos Blancos of Queretaro VS Toluca
Cruz Azul VS Estudiantes
Guadalajara derby Chivas VS Atlas
Santos VS Tigres
Monterrey VS Pachuca
Pumas UNAM VS Jaguares
Puebla VS Jaguares

Nice one Pau!

B-MCINTYRE
04-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Hopefully you were going and never coming back...

B-Mac - Causing problems since January 2012.

That is all... No it's not, yes it isn't... Who are blue? What's a pen..

Mojo Tartarus
04-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Barca 1 v Madrid 2.

Latest score. Ronaldo with a beauty!

Mojo Tartarus
04-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Barca 1 v Madrid 2. Full Time.

Madrid 7 points clear, with 4 games to go!

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
john van schip new manager of Chivas of Guadalajara

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
john van schip new manager of Chivas of Guadalajara

I should really do more with this thread! :p

What do you think of his appointment?

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I should really do more with this thread! :p

What do you think of his appointment?

Excited since we had a netherlands manager in 05 and we got in thefinal with him, those were our glory days. I really hope those days come back we have been succesful with all managers from netherlands

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
HA Cryuff did tell our owner to hire Jon Van't Schip he just said he was reccomended to Chivas by Cryuff. He said he wants to bring back the greatness of the best mexican team in history, and rise them to championships once again

Y2Jryder
04-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Excited since we had a netherlands manager in 05 and we got in thefinal with him, those were our glory days. I really hope those days come back we have been succesful with all managers from netherlands If I'm finished with my study I will be the manager of Chivas.

Or wigan

Y2Jryder
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM
HA Cryuff did tell our owner to hire Jon Van't Schip he just said he was reccomended to Chivas by Cryuff. He said he wants to bring back the greatness of the best mexican team in history, and rise them to championships once again
Told you so:p Cruyff never changes:p

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM

Exciting times for Chivas then!

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 03:13 PM
If I'm finished with my study I will be the manager of Chivas.

Or wigan

You could probably get the Wolves job!!

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
You could probably get the Wolves job!!

That would suck

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Exciting times for Chivas then!

Let's see how he does, he was hired for next season.
VERGARA YOU SON OF A BITCH YOU SHOULD HAVE HIRED GUARDIOLA YOU'RE ONE OF THE RICHEST MEXICANS FOR FUCKS SAKE

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Let's see how he does, he was hired for next season.
VERGARA YOU SON OF A BITCH YOU SHOULD HAVE HIRED GUARDIOLA YOU'RE ONE OF THE RICHEST MEXICANS FOR FUCKS SAKE

Guardiola?!

All.The.Best!!

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Fun fact about Chivas, the owner of the club owns a taco restaurant :D (insert racist stereotype)

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Fun fact about Chivas, the owner of the club owns a taco restaurant :D (insert racist stereotype)

Yeah, things like that don't help! :p

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, things like that don't help! :p
http://futmexicano.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jorge-vergara2.jpg

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 05:59 PM
http://futmexicano.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jorge-vergara2.jpgIs that good old Jorge?!

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Is that good old Jorge?!
Yeah he has a hot wife

http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2011/07/07/ver.jpg

Mojo Tartarus
04-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah he has a hot wife

http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2011/07/07/ver.jpg

'Millionaire football club owner has hot wife shocker!'

pauadrian
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
'Millionaire football club owner has hot wife shocker!'

He owns 4 clubs

VanHooliganX
04-24-2012, 02:35 AM
So much action, so little character limit.

So Van HX had made it to 1 of the better teams in the world. Barcalona.

Shit got real big, real fast.

We had Real Madrid in the Super Cup Espana legs and then Real Madrid on the first game of La Liga!

We'd end up winning the Super Cup 3-2 on agg. 3-1 at ours and 0-1 to them at their stadium as well as a nice 2-0 win to give us a nice lead at the beginning of the season.

Now for the first 19 games of the season. La Liga was a 2 horse race

Nooo! Ya don't say?! :rolleyes:

Oh I do say!

But between us and Sevilla. Madrid had a terrible start to the season. At this point it was a test to see who really had the better keepers. Both had 10 clean sheets and let in barely any goals whatsoever.

Sadly this wouldn't last very long as Sevilla would lose back-to-back games against us and Real Madrid and Madrid and Casillas would prove why they're the only other horse capable of winning it. Sadly the horrid start they had would cost them and we would win La Liga easily by 7 points.

All the excitement came from the start sadly guys, that was about it for La Liga. Although Barca went 28 games undefeated. With me even scoring 1 goal for them to steal a point off Espanyol from a corner.

Super Cup:

Barca Came.
Barca Saw.
Barca Conquered.

We'd surprisingly beat Real Madrid 2-1 AET in the finals. Woot-woot!

Champions League:

I'm going to be honest here. I wanted this more than anything. Losing Boro's League Cup chance at Europe sucked and Lazio's choke against Roma on pens in the Europa League stung like a motherfucker. So I wanted to do well in this!

Group stages weren't particularly hard. Galatasary were the whipping boys along with Anderlecht and Zenit St. Petersburg filled the group.
Last 16 would be a good nostalgia trip for me. Germanys Schalke who I had in the Europa League groups would be the first team to beat Barcalona all season long but would fall on their away trip. Quite badly in fact but I pulled off a few sexual saves.

Quarters is where things gets a tad interesting.
Manchester City vs Manchester United
Lazio vs Juventus
Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich
Barcalona vs Real Madrid

DAT DRAW! 1 team from each country in the finals with a few facing their biggest rivals! Plus a possibility of a Lazio vs Barca final! That would be gre--Oh Juventus destroyed them...Damn :(

El Classico would have us win 3-2 and then 2-2 so us narrowly getting through. Happy days. I was shitting bricks about who we could face in the semis. We got Dortmund thankfully. I dunno why I say thankfully, Bayern didn't score in either fixtures and they raped Arsenal 8-1 on agg in their round of 16.

Maybe cause we beat them 5-1 away...Maybe.
To be fair, they would win our home game 3-1 but unlucky chip butty Dortmund.

This is where the story truly begins though ladies and gentlefolk!
The final of the Champions League!

Barcalona vs Manchester City!

Van Hooligan X vs Joe Hart, surely for Englands #1 spot in the upcoming 2012 World Cup!

The stadium that would hold this behemoth match was...

Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. Or for those who don't know...Real Madrids stadium! Good lord can you imagine that! That'd be like this final being at Old Trafford!

Incidentally, El Classico would happen 7 times. Barca winning 4, RM winning 2 and 1 draw. Suckle on that Ronaldo and Casillas!

Anyway. Messi shot after a few minutes which was saved but Wilshere (Yeah I know...Jack Wilshere playing for Barca, what makes this stupidly Ironic is we bought he from Man City for £40 million and they bought Javier Mascherano from us! ) would get the opener after 6 minutes. The match had a lot of chances, just not many on target is all. Aguero would make it 1-1 after 66 minutes though and that's how it ended.

Extra time was boring as reading what JJ thinks will happen in Eurovision this year. You know he's wrong again and you don't care if he knows the lyrics to San Marinos Social Network song (Avoid this song...It's just wrooong!)

So down to penalties to decide the fate this year.

Could Van break the streak of him being prevented to feel European glory?! Will he get his redempt--GOD DAMNIT MESSI YOU HIT THE FUCKING POST! :mad:

That's fine though, Van will stop Aguero from taking the lead as he will make the impossible possib--Oh nevermind...He owned me...

Both teams would score the next 2 goals. Until! Puyol turns into the permed Spanish version of John Terry (Without the cheating, whole playing for a shitty team and having better hair)

It would be up to Van to actually make a save for once on pens to lead Spain against the incredible sexualness of Manchester City.

I can do this!

You dived the wrong way...

I can't do this!

That my friends...Is how it ended as well. Defeat once again. No glory in Europe for Vanny-poo. (You lot best be "AWWWW"ing right now!)

Turns out Van, at the ripe old age of 23, would retire from being a goalkeeper. For you see, Van didn't take the lose very well. The manager was very happy with his yearly performance. Hell, He's ranked 90 now! But it was too much for the lost soul.

The humiliation was too great for him. He would take up drinking and kebabs and would rival half the body of what Frank Lampard has. Truly not a lovely sight.

Isn't it funny. How 1 bad day can turn into 1 bad year.

But ya see, when your heart breaks, you find out what it's really made of. I could've lashed out on the world...or even let it consume me. But I'm Van Hooligan X...I've become one of the best goal keepers in the world! So if you want me to apologise for that, well then I feel bad for you son.

So if their isn't anything left for me Goalkeeping-wise excluding the Champions League. Let's now become. A defender.

If I couldn't have perfection last season, then I'll have. Redemption!

Stats:
Appearances: 62
Wins: 47
Draws: 9
Loses: 6
Goals: 1
Assists: 5
Clean sheets: 37
Man of the match awards: 3

Overall goalkeeper stats:
Appearances: 180
Wins: 126
Draws: 36
Loses: 18
Goals: 5
Assists: 10
Clean Sheets: 118
Man of the match awards: 15

Mojo Tartarus
04-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Nice read Van but at least spell Barcelona right! :p

VanHooliganX
04-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Nice read Van but at least spell Barcelona right! :p

Oh an E, hmm?

Meh. I doubt any of their very few fans will read it and say anything. No-one supports Barce. ;D

Mojo Tartarus
04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh an E, hmm?

Meh. I doubt any of their very few fans will read it and say anything. No-one supports Barce. ;D

Very true!! :D

(pssst by the way, the short form is Barca, the long Barcelona! :p)

pauadrian
04-28-2012, 04:56 AM
Chivas play today in the last game of the seasom
n, please don't ridicule us Chivas
I COUNT ON YOU

pauadrian
04-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Who wants to watch Chivas play?

VanHooliganX
04-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Think it's time I added 1 game to this thread properly for ya MoJo.

Columbus Crew vs Vancouver Whitecaps.

Crowd is pretty dead. Zero chants. All you can really hear is Vuvuzelas :S I'd say 1/3 of the stadium is filled. Columbus must not be well supported since Whitecaps stadium is usually full.

First half:

Columbus' half easily. They had 1 disallowed goal after 4 minutes from bringing 1 of our guys down in a corner. Shitty defending from us so we got off lightly.

The Crew would get a 2nd disallowed goal after being offside. Close but was offside. The stupid commentator said that was inches but if it really wasn't. They were close but not inches difference. Stupid Columbus commentators...

Whitecaps had only 1 decent shot. Beast run by 1 of our strikers. Good safe save and the rebound went miles over.

Crew had another corner and the guy heads it back into the middle to bicycle kick and hit the bar. Would've been a great goal. Even by Premier League standards.

They would go onto finish the half with 2 okay shots but Joe Cannon is a good keeper. Saved both.

I can easily save that our defending and midfielder is where we need to become stronger. At times they're terrible.

0-0. With The Crew dominating.

Second half:

Columbus carrying on what were doing.

Remember in World Cup 2002 when Ronaldinho beat Seaman with that free kick? Y.P. Lee did that EXACT goal. Keeper never saw it coming. 1-0 Vancouver!

Nothing really else happened. Boring second. Columbus carried on dominating but just didn't happen for them. Whitecaps scored against the run of play and we won 1-0.

Hey, 1-0 win is a 1-0 win. I'll take it.

pauadrian
04-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Andres Guardado from Deportivo Coruña moving to Valencia

VanHooliganX
05-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Think it's time I added 1 game to this thread properly for ya MoJo.

Columbus Crew vs Vancouver Whitecaps.

Crowd is pretty dead. Zero chants. All you can really hear is Vuvuzelas :S I'd say 1/3 of the stadium is filled. Columbus must not be well supported since Whitecaps stadium is usually full.

First half:

Columbus' half easily. They had 1 disallowed goal after 4 minutes from bringing 1 of our guys down in a corner. Shitty defending from us so we got off lightly.

The Crew would get a 2nd disallowed goal after being offside. Close but was offside. The stupid commentator said that was inches but if it really wasn't. They were close but not inches difference. Stupid Columbus commentators...

Whitecaps had only 1 decent shot. Beast run by 1 of our strikers. Good safe save and the rebound went miles over.

Crew had another corner and the guy heads it back into the middle to bicycle kick and hit the bar. Would've been a great goal. Even by Premier League standards.

They would go onto finish the half with 2 okay shots but Joe Cannon is a good keeper. Saved both.

I can easily save that our defending and midfielder is where we need to become stronger. At times they're terrible.

0-0. With The Crew dominating.

Second half:

Columbus carrying on what were doing.

Remember in World Cup 2002 when Ronaldinho beat Seaman with that free kick? Y.P. Lee did that EXACT goal. Keeper never saw it coming. 1-0 Vancouver!

Nothing really else happened. Boring second. Columbus carried on dominating but just didn't happen for them. Whitecaps scored against the run of play and we won 1-0.

Hey, 1-0 win is a 1-0 win. I'll take it.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-05-05-van-v-sj/highlights

Vancouver Whitecaps vs San Jose Earthquakes

After 14 minutes SJ took the lead. Not going to lie here, VWFCs problem is marking. They fucking suck at it. Never should've had the header and well deserved 1-0 lead for them to be honest.

50/50 play for most of the first half but neither having a great opportunity.

Once again from a set piece Whitecaps got the goal they needed. Koffie with a sexual header to equalise. Best equalivalent I could give you is a poor mans Yaya Toure, except keeping possession isn't a talent. Good player for MLS though!

Second half the Whitecaps come out to mean business. A few good shots but nothing amazing or a shot that should've gone in. The more the half played the more SJ got into it.

In all honesty. A draw is a fair result. Just 1 of those ga--WAIT! 93rd minute! Hassli scores! After having a chance in the 92nd minute and fluffing it. The 'Caps got 2-1 up! Goal was nothing special, pretty lucky if anything but 2-1!

Vancouver Whitecaps 2 - 1 San Jose Earthquakes.

Vancouver steal 2 valuable points from this. Luck seems to be on our side early on. We're nothing amazing but we never give up and take our chances.

The Whitecaps beat the #1 team in MLS currently. I dare say we might be in contention for a play-off place this season!

pauadrian
05-10-2012, 01:41 AM
I'll be reviving this thread very soon with the best mexican footy games of the season