PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 6

SilverGhost
04-10-2012, 01:19 PM
A new trailer recently released by Capcom.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCB2mDz5ps&feature=g-u-u&context=G2049e76FUAAAAAAAOAA

samoan619
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOCB2mDz5ps&feature=g-u-u&context=G2049e76FUAAAAAAAOAA

Look crazy!! I wonder what twist to the story will be added on this one.. Muthafuck an Umbrella Corp lolol..

SLEEPY LOCO1
04-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Check it out!

Looks fucking AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to play it!!!!!

Iron Ape
04-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, it can't be any worse than Operation Raccoon City, can it?

But, yeah, I just can't bring myself to get pumped over a trailer that zeroes in on my least favorite part of the Resident Evil series i.e. the uber-silly, beyond asinine story. Why they don't release two minutes worth of video highlighting some fresh additions to the gameplay, I haven't the slightest clue.

SilverGhost
09-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Resurrection!

So a friend of mine bought RE6 before the official release date(right stores can do that but eh...) and played through the first chapter in co-op. I must say....the first chapter(with Leon and Helena) was pretty good! It had that good balance of creepy and action. And this is me that actually had doubts of RE6.

09-30-2012, 09:00 AM
orgasm at this game

09-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Resurrection!

So a friend of mine bought RE6 before the official release date(right stores can do that but eh...) and played through the first chapter in co-op. I must say....the first chapter(with Leon and Helena) was pretty good! It had that good balance of creepy and action. And this is me that actually had doubts of RE6.

I get scared easily so I'm liking the creepy factor lol. Resident Evil 2 nearly made me shit my pants

SilverGhost
09-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I get scared easily so I'm liking the creepy factor lol. Resident Evil 2 nearly made me shit my pants

The creepy factor in Leon's scenario is really good! My favorite part is the sewers/subway train line. Place was dark and filled with zombies!

Krysys
09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the info SG, literally just finished paying for it and was wondering if I would end up regretting getting it.

SilverGhost
09-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info SG, literally just finished paying for it and was wondering if I would end up regretting getting it.

I don't think so. I was open to disappointment as well but when I played it with my friend, we both had so much fun with it. But we aren't done with the game so we will see if there is anything that will disappoint us.

So far....it was really enjoyable.

Krysys
09-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't think so. I was open to disappointment as well but when I played it with my friend, we both had so much fun with it. But we aren't done with the game so we will see if there is anything that will disappoint us.

So far....it was really enjoyable.

I think out of all f it I will enjoy Leon's part the most, possibly Ada's as well

Iron Ape
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Reviews so far (out of 10):

IGN- 7.9
Gamespot- 4.5
Destructoid- 3
Edge Magazine- 6
Eurogamer- 6

I had a feeling this thing wasn't going to be received particularly well, but holy shit. This thing actually is getting Operation Raccoon City-like reviews.

HeelTurn
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Reviews so far (out of 10):

IGN- 7.9
Gamespot- 4.5
Destructoid- 3
Edge Magazine- 6
Eurogamer- 6

I had a feeling this thing wasn't going to be received particularly well, but holy shit. This thing actually is getting Operation Raccoon City-like reviews.

7.9 out of 10 seems good, not liking the look of that 3 though. I tend to ignore the critics, especially if its a franchise I enjoy like Res, I've stuck with them from Res 2 and sat through Outbreaks and Dead Aim so I will give this a go, yes even after playing the demo and knowing how bad this could potentially be.

Iron Ape
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
More reviews (out of 10):

Gametrailers- 8.8 (by far the most encouraging review thus far)
Polygon- 4

Also, 1up gave the game a C+, Joystiq gave the game ★★1/2 stars, and while the guys at Giant Bomb haven't posted their review yet, their critics are already on Twitter encouraging folks to spend their money on other games. Ouch.

Oh well. I pre-ordered the whole Anthology set, so even if I don't end up liking the game, I'll at least still have a bunch of games that I already know that I like to fall back on. Of course, I already have all of these other Resident Evil titles scattered between several consoles, but it will be kind of nice to have them all to play on my PS3, I guess.

SilverGhost
10-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Ouch. Critics are mixed about this.

Sure, Shinji Mikami isn't doing RE with Capcom. I know that.

HeelTurn
10-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Xbox Achievements.org gave it 77% saying its dissapointing but still good.

Not long to wait now to find out myself.

SilverGhost
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
"Disappointing but still good"? Interesting.

Vegas
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I enjoyed the demo for the most part. I never listen to critics. If i hate it oh well but I doubt I will. 6 more hours

Krysys
10-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling my night is going to be packed full of zombie killing. Going to the midnight release. Hope it's fun.

Iron Ape
10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
I went through Amazon, so I will unfortunately have to wait a little bit longer. But at least I was able to get release day delivery, so it's not too bad; just another 14 hours or so to go.

SilverGhost
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
If it helps, try lesser known game stores. My friend was able to get his hands on RE6 before the release date.

So if there is a game that you want to play and you don't want to deal with release dates, try that.

HeelTurn
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I managed to pick up Res 5 a few hours before midnight launch back when it came out. I'll probably head to town in about 5 hours and get a copy of Res 6.

Viperfish
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm waiting on the PC version personally. Even if I have to wait a few more months, I'd rather play something on a PC than on a console wherever possible. I may or may not get it at all, I'm not totally sure. Might grab it in a Steam sale or something. The Ninja Gaiden 3 reviews killed that game for me and I never bought it even though I loved the first two, and this seems similar in terms of it being a mixed bag. I'd like to believe that Capcom would address some of these things that people find wrong with the game on a PC release but with how crappy Capcom's been in general over the last two years or so, I'm sure they won't.

I'm totally NOT a fan of the old school RE games, I could never get over how crap the controls were. I thought 4 was the best, and 5 was no slouch. I would probably enjoy 6 on those merits since year after year the RE clods that insist on bad camera angles and bad controls of yesteryear blister every new RE release, to the point where you're not sure if an RE game is legitimately bad or too different from its roots.

Iron Ape
10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
If it helps, try lesser known game stores. My friend was able to get his hands on RE6 before the release date.

So if there is a game that you want to play and you don't want to deal with release dates, try that.
But lesser known game stores don't offer exclusive bonus content, they don't offer bonus credits toward future purchases, and they almost always charge full MSRP. So, yeah. I'm always going to be fine with waiting till release day if it means that I'm getting the most bang for my buck. Plus, I'm not really having to "deal" with anything considering that the games just get dropped at my doorstep, so they're there waiting for me when I get home from work. It's really about as no-hassle as it gets.

Besides, it's not like I don't have a 200+ game backlog to keep me occupied in the meantime. ;)

SilverGhost
10-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm waiting on the PC version personally. Even if I have to wait a few more months, I'd rather play something on a PC than on a console wherever possible. I may or may not get it at all, I'm not totally sure. Might grab it in a Steam sale or something. The Ninja Gaiden 3 reviews killed that game for me and I never bought it even though I loved the first two, and this seems similar in terms of it being a mixed bag. I'd like to believe that Capcom would address some of these things that people find wrong with the game on a PC release but with how crappy Capcom's been in general over the last two years or so, I'm sure they won't.

I'm totally NOT a fan of the old school RE games, I could never get over how crap the controls were. I thought 4 was the best, and 5 was no slouch. I would probably enjoy 6 on those merits since year after year the RE clods that insist on bad camera angles and bad controls of yesteryear blister every new RE release, to the point where you're not sure if an RE game is legitimately bad or too different from its roots.

WHAT!? Controls were good for the game. Yeah it made the characters look like robots when they run and such but controls with the old school RE shouldn't be a turn off. Resident Evil remake follows the same controls and that is a BEAUTY of a remake.

SilverGhost
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
But lesser known game stores don't offer exclusive bonus content, they don't offer bonus credits toward future purchases, and they almost always charge full MSRP. So, yeah. I'm always going to be fine with waiting till release day if it means that I'm getting the most bang for my buck.

Besides, it's not like I don't have a 200+ game backlog to keep me occupied in the meantime. ;)

That is true.

Lol I want to play RE3 so bad.

Krysys
10-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Officially started RE6. Didn't get far as I am incredibly tired. I am a bit confused as I thought you would be able to pick which scenario you played first

However I have no problem starting as Leon. But, based on how it starts I think this will cut to a flashback of how it all starts and that is when you pick

Haven't played enough to say yay or nay. Will do that later in the afternoon

Viperfish
10-02-2012, 06:13 AM
WHAT!? Controls were good for the game. Yeah it made the characters look like robots when they run and such but controls with the old school RE shouldn't be a turn off. Resident Evil remake follows the same controls and that is a BEAUTY of a remake.

It's a turn off. Back then it wasn't horrendously awful comparatively with everything else out there but I think if one were to play it for the first time now in 2012(I rented the older ones as they came out), it would be classified as one of those games that hasn't aged well particularly for that reason... the controls. My biggest problem with the controls is you don't really have any idea where you're shooting. There's no visual feedback on where you're actually aiming. You can take a pretty good guess by looking but you never really know unless you happen to be in a good angle relative to the camera and the enemy(like shooting straight north or something). Turning around was just a joke.

I still maintain that the entire reason why we don't have slow zombies in RE anymore(unless they're bullet sponges) is because the new control scheme would make them an absolute joke to deal with. You're given much better control over your character and thus you'd have to spam slow zombies in an army for them to be any kind of threat. I don't like that the "scariness" of the games is gone now however. I did like the occasional scare in the older games, like I remember a zombie busting through wood boarding in RE2 in an otherwise quiet and empty narrow hallway, and a zombie showing up behind a door after opening hundreds(each with their own 'cutscene') without a hitch.

SilverGhost
10-02-2012, 09:20 AM
It's a turn off. Back then it wasn't horrendously awful comparatively with everything else out there but I think if one were to play it for the first time now in 2012(I rented the older ones as they came out), it would be classified as one of those games that hasn't aged well particularly for that reason... the controls. My biggest problem with the controls is you don't really have any idea where you're shooting. There's no visual feedback on where you're actually aiming. You can take a pretty good guess by looking but you never really know unless you happen to be in a good angle relative to the camera and the enemy(like shooting straight north or something). Turning around was just a joke.

I still maintain that the entire reason why we don't have slow zombies in RE anymore(unless they're bullet sponges) is because the new control scheme would make them an absolute joke to deal with. You're given much better control over your character and thus you'd have to spam slow zombies in an army for them to be any kind of threat. I don't like that the "scariness" of the games is gone now however. I did like the occasional scare in the older games, like I remember a zombie busting through wood boarding in RE2 in an otherwise quiet and empty narrow hallway, and a zombie showing up behind a door after opening hundreds(each with their own 'cutscene') without a hitch.

I don't think it is that much of a problem than you think. It takes a while to get used to, yes but it isn't that much of a turn-off or even going there.(Even if I manually aim or auto aim lol) I am urging people to play RE2, even if it is their first time and its in 2012. Remain hopeful that they will enjoy that game.

RE2 is a great game and controls shouldn't be a reason to be turned off by it. I had issues with Silent Hill but I got over that and played through that game. I bet you if I played any of the current Silent Hills compared to some of the past ones, I would prefer the very first Silent Hill(which was lacking some graphics to a point that you could barely see, even in the day time) than the current ones. I would still play the current ones but older games(RE and SH) has that charm and makes it special, more special for those who has played it a bunch of times without letting something bad hold them back.

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I haven't even got to putting RE6 into my PS3 yet, and I'm already not a happy camper. I just opened up the Anthology set to find that instead of getting individual discs for RE: Director's Cut, RE2, RE3: Nemesis, RE4, and RE5: Gold Edition, there are just vouchers with codes to be redeemed on PSN. If I had known that I wouldn't be getting tangible discs, I wouldn't have plunked down money for the set.

*kicks cat*

HeelTurn
10-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Officially started RE6. Didn't get far as I am incredibly tired. I am a bit confused as I thought you would be able to pick which scenario you played first

However I have no problem starting as Leon. But, based on how it starts I think this will cut to a flashback of how it all starts and that is when you pick

Haven't played enough to say yay or nay. Will do that later in the afternoon

You do get to choose, you just have to do a training level with Leon first.

Finished one campaign the controls are awful making the game harder than it needs to be.

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I've only got about 2 hours into Jake's campaign, but here are my immediate impressions:

- This game is a hot, spectacular mess. It's certainly a huge, ambitious adventure, but the scope seems to be to the game's detriment as it doesn't feel as tight and focused as previous entries in the series. Still, this is the videogame equivalent of a $200 million summer blockbuster.

- The action-heavy, bullet-timey approach of the thoroughly awful Paul W.S. Anderson movies seems to be the main source of inspiration for where the series is headed. "Bigger + louder = better" also seems to account for much of the logic at work.

- The permeating dread of the first couple of games and the suffocating tension of 4 (and to a lesser extent 5) appear to be notably absent here. For all of the eviscerated limbs, impalings, and other associated gore, I haven't gotten a real sense of horror quite yet.

- Feels decidedly more Gears of War than Resident Evil. Functions pretty well as a poor-man's Gears clone, though.

- Controls aren't quite as responsive as I'd like. The "quick turn", in particular, seems semi-broken.

- I'm not sure if it's the wildly uneven lighting at work here or what, but this actually looks to be a bit of a graphical downgrade from part 5. Some of the texture work ranges from atrocious to just, well, incomplete. Not one of Capcom's more polished titles.

- There's a crazy amount of options available here, so you can customize your game to suit however you want to play. I dig on that. And even though I've only really scratched the surface here, I can tell that there's a wealth of extra content to find and unlock. I dig on that, too.

So, yeah. As of this moment I'd probably rate the game somewhere between a 6 and a 6.5. I doesn't feel like much of a Resident Evil game, but that's not to say that there isn't still something worthwhile to play here. For those who didn't already make their minds up that they would love the game before actually playing it- I just suggest setting aside your expectations going in; you just might be surprised by how much you don't hate it.

Anyhoo, I'm off to play some more. Fingers crossed that shit gets better (or at least, doesn't get worse).

Krysys
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Leon's story is pretty interesting so far, only 2 real compaints and that is that it takes way to long before you can use your skill points (Which I guess can be good seeing as that means you'll have quite a bit when said time comes) and I am having difficulty using the herbs

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Leon's story is pretty interesting so far, only 2 real compaints and that is that it takes way to long before you can use your skill points (Which I guess can be good seeing as that means you'll have quite a bit when said time comes) and I am having difficulty using the herbs
Really? I took a break about 30 minutes into the game, and the option to spend my points was readily available via one of the menus as I was going back into the game.

Krysys
10-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I went to the skill menu but I can't do anything

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I went to the skill menu but I can't do anything
That menu is for toggling already purchased upgrades, I believe. To actually shop for said upgrades, you want to back out of your game and then go back into the campaign section. One of the selections will take you into the shop area.

Krysys
10-02-2012, 08:57 PM
That menu is for toggling already purchased upgrades, I believe. To actually shop for said upgrades, you want to back out of your game and then go back into the campaign section. One of the selections will take you into the shop area.

Yeah, finally figured that out. Feel a bit slow on that..

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, finally figured that out. Feel a bit slow on that..
Don't feel bad, man. It was kind of a bizarre design choice to put the shop area where they did and then not bother to point players in the direction of it.

Krysys
10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Don't feel bad, man. It was kind of a bizarre design choice to put the shop area where they did and then not bother to point players in the direction of it.

Three chapters in to Leon's Campaign and I am finally getting the hang of things

Iron Ape
10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Three chapters in to Leon's Campaign and I am finally getting the hang of things
I love how the "tutorial" with Leon at the beginning of the game only really serves to teach the stuff that's pretty much self-explanatory. But all of the other mechanics? They just dump you right in the middle of batshit crazy action and you sort of have to figure everything else out on your own. Took me almost the entirety of Jake's first chapter just to get the hang of how inventory management works.

Krysys
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I love how the "tutorial" with Leon at the beginning of the game only really serves to teach the stuff that's pretty much self-explanatory. But all of the other mechanics? They just dump you right in the middle of batshit crazy action and you sort of have to figure everything else out on your own. Took me almost the entirety of Jake's first chapter just to get the hang of how inventory management works.

Capcom logic. It fails on everyone but them

Tomsta666
10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Shit your pants survival horror come balls to the wall action blockbuster!!!

I give you Resident Evil 6 everybody

http://youtu.be/8fQeoaecSfU

FUCK YEAH!!

RatedRorayJames
10-03-2012, 01:29 PM
It's decent so far. Really don't like how slow paced it can get during the cut scenes where they show you like, where a key is or what to do?

10-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Don't like the way the split-screen on 2-player. Only takes up about 3/4 of the screen. Helena and Leon's story is quite a difficult one, it's mostly dark and I can never see the crawling zombies.

Iron Ape
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
I really, really dislike the 2nd chapter of Jake's campaign. The snow-blind stuff was just excruciating, and fucking high-speed snowmobile chases just don't belong in my Resident Evil games.

I'm thinking of switching over to Chris for the next chapter or two. Going to hold off on the Leon stuff because I want to save the best for last.

10-07-2012, 04:19 PM
I really, really dislike the 2nd chapter of Jake's campaign. The snow-blind stuff was just excruciating, and fucking high-speed snowmobile chases just don't belong in my Resident Evil games.

I'm thinking of switching over to Chris for the next chapter or two. Going to hold off on the Leon stuff because I want to save the best for last.

You might be disappointed.

Iron Ape
10-08-2012, 01:04 PM
You might be disappointed.
Really? I thought the consensus was that that was the strongest of the campaigns. Then again, people also seemed to say that Chris' campaign was the low-point of the game, and I've actually been finding myself having more fun with that than I did with the first two chapters of Jake's campaign (that 2nd chapter is/was particularly awful). I mean, I wasn't expecting Leon's campaign to suddenly turn an overall mediocre-to-poor gameplay experience into a strong one, but I was sort of hoping that it would at least help to wash some of the after-taste of the other campaigns' respective failures out of my mouth.

HeelTurn
10-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I really dislike the second and the beginning of the third level of Jake's campaign. Leon's felt a bit slow but picked up towards the end. Out of the 3 main campaigns, I enjoyed Chris' the most which I found surprising.

AWrestlingGod
10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Leon had the best boss battles, it took me over an 1 hour to beat Derek Simmons when he becomes a damn T-Rex.

HeelTurn
10-13-2012, 01:57 PM
One little thing I enjoyed was during Chris' 3rd level. During that time he is being, well a douche to Piers and when you praise or thank Piers Chris' angrier personality is portrayed.

10-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Really? I thought the consensus was that that was the strongest of the campaigns. Then again, people also seemed to say that Chris' campaign was the low-point of the game, and I've actually been finding myself having more fun with that than I did with the first two chapters of Jake's campaign (that 2nd chapter is/was particularly awful). I mean, I wasn't expecting Leon's campaign to suddenly turn an overall mediocre-to-poor gameplay experience into a strong one, but I was sort of hoping that it would at least help to wash some of the after-taste of the other campaigns' respective failures out of my mouth.

eh I liked the story with Leon and Helena, but found at times the gameplay was annoying, it was hard to see a lot of the times. I did enjoy the boss battles though, especially against Deborah.

Iron Ape
02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Capcom should look to Visceral Games' new Dead Space entry to learn how to properly go about placing an increased emphasis on action without compromising the integrity of the things that fans had already come to love about the series.

SilverGhost
02-06-2013, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO4e0jSnEo

Something to think about.