PDA

View Full Version : Signature Rules - The Bold & The Baffling

Robstar
04-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't think we need to be having these giant sigs anymore. Moving ones aren't so bad to me (I'll check with how Frank feels about them now though) but these huge sigs are visually offensive and site invasive. I know I've done it myself but I learnt my lesson.

Overly large sigs will result in a warning. If you can't resize the pics you want to use, get someone else here to give you advice on how to do so.

Thanks.

Sully
04-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Great news Rob!

One question, define large? I think there should be a set pixel limit, just so users can resize it if they need to. The current limit is 800 pixels, is that still the same?

Also, are videos still allowed? I know Broc is sporting both a picture, and a video in his signature. That wouldn't be a problem would it.

If anyone needs a picture resized, I would be glad to do it for you.

04-08-2012, 06:21 PM
you've got a large sig though Rob.

oh wait, thats just Vickie :)

Sully
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
you've got a large sig though Rob.

oh wait, thats just Vickie :)

Ha!

Interestingly enough, I checked out the pixels on his current one. They count up to 666! Weird.

Broc
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Great news Rob!

One question, define large? I think there should be a set pixel limit, just so users can resize it if they need to. The current limit is 800 pixels, is that still the same?

Also, are videos still allowed? I know Broc is sporting both a picture, and a video in his signature. That wouldn't be a problem would it.

If anyone needs a picture resized, I would be glad to do it for you.

I was actually about to ask that.

My sig might come off as too large as well. If there's a problem on it Rob, let me know and it'll be gone immediately.

Destruction
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Aye, should change mine then, shouldn't I?

Edit: Edited (That sounds awesome)

Sully
04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Broc, the HH poster is under the limit, but the video being included does make the signature a little larger.

Destruction, the gif you had was over the limit, but barely. I don't think it would be that big of an issue. Plus Rob said he didn't have a problem with moving pictures anyways.

Your new one is under the limit and good as well.

Destruction
04-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Broc, the HH poster is under the limit, but the video being included does make the signature a little larger.

Destruction, the gif you had was over the limit, but barely. I don't think it would be that big of an issue. Plus Rob said he didn't have a problem with moving pictures anyways.

Your new one is under the limit and good as well.

Oh well, I like this one also, along as people see Suarez.

Besides, had that one for 2 months now, time for a change

Robstar
04-08-2012, 06:52 PM
The size of Brocs video is WAY too large IMO. I'm just trying to make the point that with sigs like Brocs and Tommy's (I think he's the one with the efed show ad right?) take up way too much space and you can be reading someones post and all of a sudden you get bumped down and you're looking at Kurt Angle & HBK, because of the delayed loading times.

I was referring to moving sigs (gifs?) like URATOOL's - that's a good size and you don't need to click on it to watch it, unlike Broc's. If I wanna watch a youtube clip, I'll go there thanks. (That's not technically a moving sig. The top half is fine though)

Tommy Thunder
04-08-2012, 07:06 PM
I don't think videos should be allowed in sigs.

Is my picture too big/how do I find out how big it is?

Vegas
04-08-2012, 07:08 PM

if yours is too big, mine must also be too big

Robstar
04-08-2012, 07:08 PM

I don't know if it's technically too big Tommy, at least it's nowhere near as large as another EWNCW one you or someone else had a while ago. But it could be smaller. IMO. :)

Robstar
04-08-2012, 07:09 PM
if yours is too big, mine must also be too big

Again - could be smaller

Tommy Thunder
04-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't know if it's technically too big Tommy, at least it's nowhere near as large as another EWNCW one you or someone else had a while ago. But it could be smaller. IMO. :)

That would have been me again lol! I would have made it smaller but I'm a bit of a novice with that side computer stuff.
I'll make sure my EWNCW poster maker *coughvegascough* makes them smaller from now on :)

Vegas
04-08-2012, 07:12 PM
That would have been me again lol! I would have made it smaller but I'm a bit of a novice with that side computer stuff.
I'll make sure my EWNCW poster maker *coughvegascough* makes them smaller from now on :)

Noted, next's months poster will be smaller

VanHooliganX
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Mine to big or just acceptable enough?

*hopes you're not a NY Rangers fan or I'll already know the answer* lol

Robstar
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Thanks fellas. That's what I was trying to get at, if you know someone who knows how to do it (god knows, I don't) ask for their help. How many pixels are those Vegas?

Vegas
04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks fellas. That's what I was trying to get at, if you know someone who knows how to do it (god knows, I don't) ask for their help. How many pixels are those Vegas?

I believe 600 x 800

Robstar
04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Mine to big or just acceptable enough?

*hopes you're not a NY Rangers fan or I'll already know the answer* lol

Not even a hockey fan so you're cool! lol (doesn't count as a REAL sport does it? ;))

Tommy Thunder
04-08-2012, 07:17 PM

I think that Bodom's a dab hand at resizing pictures for sigs, and I'm sure that there's plenty of others here too.

VanHooliganX
04-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Not even a hockey fan so you're cool! lol (doesn't count as a REAL sport does it? ;))

Phew! All is well in Wellville. Also most (if not all) teams gain over 15k people to attend all matches so it is considered a major sport league :P

Having said that, what sports are you into pal? lol

Sully
04-08-2012, 07:38 PM
The size of Brocs video is WAY too large IMO. I'm just trying to make the point that with sigs like Brocs and Tommy's (I think he's the one with the efed show ad right?) take up way too much space and you can be reading someones post and all of a sudden you get bumped down and you're looking at Kurt Angle & HBK, because of the delayed loading times.

I was referring to moving sigs (gifs?) like URATOOL's - that's a good size and you don't need to click on it to watch it, unlike Broc's. If I wanna watch a youtube clip, I'll go there thanks. (That's not technically a moving sig. The top half is fine though)

Got it. 'Ya hear that Broc, you have to remove the video away your signature. Sorry.

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I know mine falls under the pixel limit because I know how to manipulate them. I also know it's just right, I've had big ones before but I'd imagine this is just about the size that should be acceptable.

Sully
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I know mine falls under the pixel limit because I know how to manipulate them. I also know it's just right, I've had big ones before but I'd imagine this is just about the size that should be acceptable.

Sometimes even if you know how to reduce the pixel limit, the only thing that helps is the server. Plus, you must not have reduced it enough, because that image is 928 pixels, while the site has an 800 pixel limit. I'm not sure how much 128 pixels would matter, that's up to the moderators.

Even if you were able to reduce the Pixels but leave the signature the same size (Although I don't see how that is possible without limiting the quality of the photo) but even then, sometimes those big photos are annoying.

Yours really isn't big enough to be a problem though.

Broc
04-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Got it. 'Ya hear that Broc, you have to remove the video away your signature. Sorry.

Darn. Pau is gonna be so mad..

Sometimes even if you know how to reduce the pixel limit, the only thing that helps is the server. Plus, you must not have reduced it enough, because that image is 928 pixels, while the site has an 800 pixel limit. I'm not sure how much 128 pixels would matter, that's up to the moderators.

Even if you were able to reduce the Pixels but leave the signature the same size (Although I don't see how that is possible without limiting the quality of the photo) but even then, sometimes those big photos are annoying.

Yours really isn't big enough to be a problem though.

You do realize he can't hear you right? Well actually he can now that I quoted you.

B-MCINTYRE
04-09-2012, 01:46 AM

You do realize he can't hear you right? Well actually he can now that I quoted you.
He replied...

Giddy
04-09-2012, 01:48 AM

You do realize no one can hear anyone right? It's over the internet :p

Robstar
04-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Phew! All is well in Wellville. Also most (if not all) teams gain over 15k people to attend all matches so it is considered a major sport league :P

Having said that, what sports are you into pal? lol

Lol, just teasing ya matey. I know people love it, it's just not something we get down here.

I'm into extreme chess, full contact Monopoly and baby juggling. Y'know, the hardcore stuff

Sully
04-09-2012, 02:39 AM

I don't think he has me blocked, and if he did...he'd have you blocked too.

Thing is, for me that whole ignore list is worthless. Now if it made it so there was no trace of posts at all, that'd be fantastic. But whenever they show there's a post there, and it's giving me the option to view it, I just have to view it. Hence the reason why I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

Plus I honestly think there's no reason for it, as I have an interest in getting along with everyone.

Sully
04-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Lol, just teasing ya matey. I know people love it, it's just not something we get down here.

I'm into extreme chess, full contact Monopoly and baby juggling. Y'know, the hardcore stuff

I've only watched Extreme Chess a few times, nothing major. Usually I just watch it when nothing else is on. I've played full contact Monopoly once or twice too. Fun stuff. \

Baby juggling? I'm sorry, but you took things way too far...because dead baby juggling is the only version of that sport I can handle. Watching that other stuff is just too weak for me. Plus the fans are so obnoxious. I swear, three of the babies don't hit the ground, and the whole arena is booing the guy.

Anyways, we need to get together sometime and get a game of full contact Monopoly going. Like I said, I only played it twice, but I've been told that I was doing pretty good for my first couple times. I haven't won yet, but I've gotten the orange Hummingbird before.

Broc
04-09-2012, 02:47 AM
I don't think he has me blocked, and if he did...he'd have you blocked too.

Thing is, for me that whole ignore list is worthless. Now if it made it so there was no trace of posts at all, that'd be fantastic. But whenever they show there's a post there, and it's giving me the option to view it, I just have to view it. Hence the reason why I don't have anyone on my ignore list.

Plus I honestly think there's no reason for it, as I have an interest in getting along with everyone.

Yeah I've never put anyone ignore either, bur he personally told me I'm not on block and you are :D

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-09-2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah I've never put anyone ignore either, bur he personally told me I'm not on block and you are :D

See, and that's how things get started lol. You say something in one thread about starting drama and bring something here to this one. Yes, I still have Sully on ignore. YOU were the only one to branch out to me and talk through our problems. Pau, AYS and Sully did not try so therefore, they've been on my ignore list. I just don't care to read what they have to say and they made it obvious a while ago that feelings were mutual. So, that's that.

Broc
04-09-2012, 02:56 AM
See, and that's how things get started lol. You say something in one thread about starting drama and bring something here to this one. Yes, I still have Sully on ignore. YOU were the only one to branch out to me and talk through our problems. Pau, AYS and Sully did not try so therefore, they've been on my ignore list. I just don't care to read what they have to say and they made it obvious a while ago that feelings were mutual. So, that's that.

I wasn't really starting anything, Sully was trying to reply to you, and me knowing that you wouldn't be able to read it decided to inform of that. Maybe saying it in the thread wasn't the smartest thing, but, oh well, lol. He knows now at least.

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-09-2012, 03:00 AM
I wasn't really starting anything, Sully was trying to reply to you, and me knowing that you wouldn't be able to read it decided to inform of that. Maybe saying it in the thread wasn't the smartest thing, but, oh well, lol. He knows now at least.

Well, this suits I guess...

Broc
04-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Well, this suits I guess...

Perfect. Knowledge is power!

And more importantly, did you view that video I gave you?

Rated_R(ob)KO
04-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Perfect. Knowledge is power!

And more importantly, did you view that video I gave you?

I will when I get situated at home today. I worked a 16r shift yesterday and a 12hr one today... where was I getting time? :)

VanHooliganX
04-09-2012, 09:17 AM

Aye. I know it was just banter pal lol :)

Good choices pal, especially the latter! lol

B-MCINTYRE
04-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Aye. I know it was just banter pal lol :)

Good choices pal, especially the latter! lol
Van who is your favourite baby juggler?

04-09-2012, 10:44 AM

Britney Spears

Giddy
04-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Michael Jackson.

The balcony trick he did was amazing

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok, I changed mine to one that is less wide (and with a less wide person :P)

Giddy
04-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Ok, I changed mine to one that is less wide (and with a less wide person :P)
OMG...

Wtf?

:D

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
OMG...

Wtf?

yeah, Velvet is by far my favorite knockout

Giddy
04-09-2012, 11:18 AM
yeah, Velvet is by far my favorite knockout
Me too. Her and Tessmacher.

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Me too. Her and Tessmacher.

for me 2nd would have to go to So Cal Val, not because of her wrestling ability (I don't think I have seen her wrestle) or because of her promo ability (again, not sure I have actually seen that happen) but just because of this:

Your welcome

Giddy
04-09-2012, 11:32 AM
for me 2nd would have to go to So Cal Val, not because of her wrestling ability (I don't think I have seen her wrestle) or because of her promo ability (again, not sure I have actually seen that happen) but just because of this:

Your welcome
SoCal Val = Definition of Butterface

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 11:37 AM

I don't think you understand the term

Giddy
04-09-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't think you understand the term

1. (http://butterface.urbanup.com/48485)
Butterface

Chick with a hell of a nice body, but the face is ugly.

That's exactly what I meant :p

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 12:31 PM
1. (http://butterface.urbanup.com/48485)
Butterface

Chick with a hell of a nice body, but the face is ugly.

That's exactly what I meant :p

then you are merely wrong, which is ok, since you will learn with age :P

Robstar
04-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I've only watched Extreme Chess a few times, nothing major. Usually I just watch it when nothing else is on. I've played full contact Monopoly once or twice too. Fun stuff. \

Baby juggling? I'm sorry, but you took things way too far...because dead baby juggling is the only version of that sport I can handle. Watching that other stuff is just too weak for me. Plus the fans are so obnoxious. I swear, three of the babies don't hit the ground, and the whole arena is booing the guy.

Anyways, we need to get together sometime and get a game of full contact Monopoly going. Like I said, I only played it twice, but I've been told that I was doing pretty good for my first couple times. I haven't won yet, but I've gotten the orange Hummingbird before.

Lmao! That's the spirit. Orange hummingbird, lolol :D

bearkg88
04-09-2012, 05:31 PM

Sorry Giddy, I gotta agree with Ash...So Cal is definitely not a butterface

Giddy
04-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Her face is too skinny and she's got this really weird beak like nose thing going on.

Giddy
04-09-2012, 05:38 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/SoCal_Val_July_2010.jpg/220px-SoCal_Val_July_2010.jpg

Robstar
04-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, SoCalVal is a butterface to me too, like Angelina Love...actually her body is way too skinny too, so put that on top of looking like a transvestite....yeah, not for me, thanks. Lol, you boys will one day be able to see past the boobies to the beauties. ;)

Giddy
04-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah, SoCalVal is a butterface to me too, like Angelina Love...actually her body is way too skinny too, so put that on top of looking like a transvestite....yeah, not for me, thanks. Lol, you boys will one day be able to see past the boobies to the beauties. ;)
Yeah, Angelina Love is... Ugh

Shaz11
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Is mine alright?

Robstar
04-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah I wouldn't get too stressed over sigs people, I'll let you know if yours is too big

Steve Austin
04-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah I wouldn't get too stressed over sigs people, I'll let you know if yours is too big

I get plenty of people telling me mine is too big...

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 06:23 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/SoCal_Val_July_2010.jpg/220px-SoCal_Val_July_2010.jpg

that's bad lighting, trust me, I have looked at her pictures entirely too often for... research

Robstar
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Could probably be cropped a bit :)

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM

I would send you a picture of my wife if I didn't think it counted as cruel and unusual punishment :P
Given your love of the cougar look and the curvy women, I have no doubt how you would see her

That being said, I like a very wide variety of women (no pun intended) and both So Cal Val, and Allison Hannigan are very much on the top of the list (as is Felicia Day, more for her constant cuteness than any physical attributes)

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 06:32 PM

I would crop out all that negative space on the right, maybe cut the left up to the hem of the jean shorts.

Steve Austin
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Could probably be cropped a bit :)

I would crop out all that negative space on the right, maybe cut the left up to the hem of the jean shorts.

I knew I should of stayed away :D

I can't resist a good penis joke :p

Robstar
04-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I would send you a picture of my wife if I didn't think it counted as cruel and unusual punishment :P
Given your love of the cougar look and the curvy women, I have no doubt how you would see her

That being said, I like a very wide variety of women (no pun intended) and both So Cal Val, and Allison Hannigan are very much on the top of the list (as is Felicia Day, more for her constant cuteness than any physical attributes)

Lolol, go on, send me a pic.

I was only looking at Alison Hannigan last night and thinking of the bad things I would do to that poor girl. ;) I like 'em in all shapes and sizes!

Steve Austin
04-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Lily from HIMYM? She'd get it again Hannigan! :D

He's on fire tonight! Enjoy your Monday I'm here all year.

Asherdelampyr
04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Lolol, go on, send me a pic.

I was only looking at Alison Hannigan last night and thinking of the bad things I would do to that poor girl. ;) I like 'em in all shapes and sizes!

fair enough :)

the older I get, the more interested I become in what a woman says, instead of just what I get to look at when I talk to her. It's fucking weird