PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem fails pre-fight drug test

Dr. Death
04-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Source: MMA Junkie
http://Overeem likely out of UFC 146 Title fight

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.
The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse. Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests. With Overeem possibly out of the Heavyweight title fight, speculation is that Frank Mir will take his place.

Thoughts or opinions on this?

magglis
04-05-2012, 05:57 AM
Really bad news for lesnar he could get a title shot.Mir vs Dos Santos sounds nice

Dr. Death
04-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I like the sound of Mir vs. Dos Santos, but am worried that Mir may not be able to handle the stand up game. If it goes to the ground I'd have to give it to Mir as I am unfamiliar if Dos Santos even has a ground game.

magglis
04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I like the sound of Mir vs. Dos Santos, but am worried that Mir may not be able to handle the stand up game. If it goes to the ground I'd have to give it to Mir as I am unfamiliar if Dos Santos even has a ground game.

Yeah Doss Santos is Knockout artist

Bodom
04-05-2012, 08:45 AM
Dana White's reaction was priceless.

magglis
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Dana White's reaction was priceless.

What did he do?

Bodom
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
What did he do?
From a press conference:

“I am beyond pissed about this. I’m so (expletive) mad right now I can’t even begin…How (expletive) stupid do you have to be? Seriously dumb. Anybody who’s using (performance-enhancing drugs) right now is an absolute (expletive) moron. It’s beyond — what’s the word I’m looking for — it’s beyond belief. It’s beyond comprehension. You’re an absolute moron, a brain-dead absolute (expletive) dummy."

magglis
04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
From a press conference:

Damn he is pissed off!
What is next for reem, are they gonna suspend him and fine him?

Dr. Death
04-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Overeem may request that his B-sample be tested, but has not contacted the commission as of yet. He must now appear before the NAC before he can be granted a license to fight. Overeem is faced with two choices: try to exonerate himself or, for now, throw in the towel. He still has not contacted the Nevada State Athletic Commission. They might even reverse his victory over Lesnar since Overeem failed to comply with testing after the match.

Dana's right tho, it's really dumb of Overeem.

magglis
04-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Overeem may request that his B-sample be tested, but has not contacted the commission as of yet. He must now appear before the NAC before he can be granted a license to fight. Overeem is faced with two choices: try to exonerate himself or, for now, throw in the towel. He still has not contacted the Nevada State Athletic Commission. They might even reverse his victory over Lesnar since Overeem failed to comply with testing after the match.

Dana's right tho, it's really dumb of Overeem.

Like i said before if that happens Lesnar will be pissed.Btw thanks Dr D. for the thread

Dr. Death
04-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Like i said before if that happens Lesnar will be pissed.Btw thanks Dr D. for the thread

Your welcome, by the way, Lesnar can't do anything about it now that he's signed with the WWE. He's getting 5 million dollars for a one year contract with limited appearances, so he won't be too mad. Frank Mir is chomping at the bit to replace Overeem in the title fight at UFC 146 against Dos Santos. Dana has yet to confirm who Dos Santos will face tho.

Asherdelampyr
04-06-2012, 09:15 AM
How stupid do you have to be? He was already under suspicion wasn't he? I mean if there was a time to be a good boy this would have been it.

Just a waste, he is too good to be that stupid

Dr. Death
04-06-2012, 09:28 PM
How stupid do you have to be? He was already under suspicion wasn't he? I mean if there was a time to be a good boy this would have been it.

Just a waste, he is too good to be that stupid

Yeah, it's too bad that performance enhancing drugs don't build the brain.

magglis
04-06-2012, 09:37 PM

Damn it i really like Reem, and i believe he is better than Jounior.

Dr. Death
04-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Damn it i really like Reem, and i believe he is better than Jounior.

Overeem I believe would have beat Dos Santos, now we'll never get to see it go down Would have made an awesome fight tho.

magglis
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Overeem I believe would have beat Dos Santos, now we'll never get to see it go down Would have made an awesome fight tho.

That fight would be a brawl.Both of them stand up fighters they can knockout with Mir we will see him trying to take the fight to the ground

akbar
04-07-2012, 01:54 PM
i know this is a long shot but since Vince pulled out all the stops for Brock and Rock to shake things up at his company maybe Dana should follow and bring in fedor emelianenko for the match now that would definetly be huge :rolleyes:...anyways im in dreamland it will probably be mir or werdum...

Asherdelampyr
04-07-2012, 02:07 PM

no kidding.

magglis
04-07-2012, 02:37 PM
i know this is a long shot but since Vince pulled out all the stops for Brock and Rock to shake things up at his company maybe Dana should follow and bring in fedor emelianenko for the match now that would definetly be huge :rolleyes:...anyways im in dreamland it will probably be mir or werdum...

Fedor?That will be huge

Dr. Death
04-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Fedor?That will be huge

I don't expect Fedor to be back in the UFC. Right now as it stands Mir is the top pick to replace Overeem.

Dr. Death
04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
This just in: (Source: MMA Junkie)

The UFC has not given up on Alistair Overeem.

On Friday afternoon, UFC officials filed a license application on the heavyweight contender's behalf for a bout with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 146, Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer told MMA Junkie in an interview. Because Overeem is not currently licensed, he does not face an immediate suspension and/or fine. However, the NSAC could deny his license or sanction him in other ways. Prior to the application, NSAC chairman Raymond "Skip" Avansino Jr. asked Overeem to appear before the commission at the meeting, likely to answer for the failed drug test that served as part of a conditional license granted to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. Overeem had never tested positive for banned substances before this past week's result. Over the weekend, UFC president Dana White said a co-main event fight between former champ Frank Mir and Cain Velasquez will go on as planned, ending, for now, speculation that Mir would be installed as Overeem's replacement to fight current champ Dos Santos.

Redfield85
04-10-2012, 10:29 AM
I really hope the reem can get his head out of his ass and make good on the bad test. This fight was gonna be one of the best HW cards in the UFC. If he cant get this fixed up we will be seeing him destroy people in Japan. Mir looks to be the best cannidate but Dos Santos will drop him 1st round.

magglis
04-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't expect Fedor to be back in the UFC. Right now as it stands Mir is the top pick to replace Overeem.

UFC needs new Heavyweights the stikeforce guys will be good

Dr. Death
04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I really hope the reem can get his head out of his ass and make good on the bad test. This fight was gonna be one of the best HW cards in the UFC. If he cant get this fixed up we will be seeing him destroy people in Japan. Mir looks to be the best cannidate but Dos Santos will drop him 1st round.

I hope Reem can get his license to fight Dos Santos as well, I'm not sure if Mir could take Santos or not.

magglis (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/member.php?10271-magglis)
UFC needs new Heavyweights the stikeforce guys will be good

Definitely. Some of the Strikeforce guys are powerhouses. A shakeup in the heavyweight division is needed. There doesn't seem to be that many people that can hang with the champ.

magglis
04-12-2012, 04:46 AM
I would love to see Barnett making a UFC return