PDA

View Full Version : Should the WWE bring back the cruiserweight title

HBKfan#1
08-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Should the WWE bring back the Cruiserweight title

Hmm. Someone asked me this question the other day and the more i thought about it the more i liked the idea. The perfect time to do it would be when SMACKDOWN! goes to SyFy. They could like open the show and say " and now to open smackdown we will have teddy long reinstating the cruiserweight championship! " Also, think of how many great WWE superstars could be awesome Cruiserweight champions

Daniel Bryan (when the nexus storyline is over)
Evan Bourne (He WOULD BE GREAT!)
Justin gabriel(again..awesome)
Primo Colon
Santino Marella
Zack Ryder
Yoshi Tatsu
Caylen Croft (who else has never heard of him)
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Chavo Guerrero
Drew Mcintyre
Rey Mysterio
Trent Barretta
Tyler Reks
Vance Archer

These wwe stars could put on some great matches
and with TNA starting to get away from the X-Division title...this could REALLY get people to watch smackdown

Opinions?

HHHBK
08-22-2010, 09:48 PM
drew, and Vance Archer aren't cruiserweights

chaos75
08-22-2010, 10:38 PM
this would be a good idea and since hornswoggle is back thet could do a bad skit wth vickie taking the title from swoggle and giving it to ziggler or putting ziggler in a match for it something like that

SilverGhost
08-22-2010, 10:49 PM
They should bring it back. I wanna see high flying wrestling again.

mr jones
08-23-2010, 04:42 AM
no i dont think they should.
i personaly would rather see more life in the tag division.
it was like they was gonna do that a couple of months ago then they just stopped.
now they got these new belts,and smakdowns tag division looks like it mgiht get stroner.
but nahhh, i dont think the wwe should bring back the cruiserweight division or title, a wwe match is to structured to be able to put on a good cruiser weaight match.

SgtGohan
08-23-2010, 05:08 AM
why does my comment keep being removed i posted here twice....?

hystrix
08-23-2010, 07:22 AM
why does my comment keep being removed i posted here twice....?

Looks like that happened all over here... Mine from yesterday is gone as well...

Ehm, Anyhoo, Tyson Kidd, and Kaval are also cruserweights (and better than half the guys the OP mentoned). Plus, Vance Archer? Tyler Reks? since when are 260 lbs guys considered Cruserweights?

SgtGohan
08-23-2010, 07:26 AM
to post my comment again. no they should not bring it back, they already have enough titles. and the titles they have dont even mean much. besides there arent alot of cruiserweights who are over enough to support a belt.

Tommy Thunder
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
my comment was removed too, it was a long one, grrr!!
My point was, WWE should only bring it back if they could make it mean something again. The US title for example is dead at the moment, I can't remember the last time Miz defended it and I hardly even notice that the title exists any more!! There are plenty of guys that aren't in any title picture that could compete for the cruiserweight title too. Kaval, Tyson Kid, Matt Hardy and Christian should be added to your list instead of Archer, Reks and McIntyre (all of whom are too big to be cruiserweights). Maybe it would be an idea to have it dual branded and defended on both brands like the tag titles.

SilverGhost
08-23-2010, 01:23 PM
The cruiserweight division is great. All the cruiserweights should come back and entertain us again with inhuman like moves. There should be some exceptions (like high flying big guys like Vance Archer) same as the X-Division in TNA.

HBKfan#1
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Looks like that happened all over here... Mine from yesterday is gone as well...

Ehm, Anyhoo, Tyson Kidd, and Kaval are also cruserweights (and better than half the guys the OP mentoned). Plus, Vance Archer? Tyler Reks? since when are 260 lbs guys considered Cruserweights?

I've personally never seen these guys wrestle. I haven't seen them at all. My bad

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I've never been a fan of a title in Wrestling named 'Cruiserweight' and feel it leaves s stigma with Wrestlers that will leave most of them unlikely to be given a push higher up the card, if they did bring a title like that back I'd rather they called it the 'Light Heavyweight' as even though it basically is the same ideas I think being a Light Heavyweight Champion leaves a better chance of being pushed to the Heavyweight division in due course

hystrix
08-23-2010, 06:33 PM
The other problem with the cruiserweight title is it gives a chance for these guys to showcase what they can truly do---- and show up the big guys, which the WWE hates doing. That's why you are more likely to see Rey Mysterio vs Kane rather than Rey vs Kaval, or Evan Borne (which would be awesome)...

Verdammung
08-24-2010, 12:39 AM
First of all, I'd prefer a Light-Heavyweight Champion to a Cruiserweight Champion, as I don't like the sound of Cruiserweight and it would make putting the title on someone in the 220-240 pound range a bit more acceptable.
Second, I don't feel the title should be brought back at all. Having the title may put over a few wrestlers who wouldn't be getting a world title anytime soon, but at the same time, knowing the WWE as well as I do, I fear the inevitable result would be that the title would fall below US/Intercontinental in prestige and would effectively keep smaller wrestlers from becoming main eventers.
Of course I could be wrong, but it's just about stating opinions.

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Light-Heavyweight sounds much more better.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
looks like my comment from a few days ago has gone :( ill have to type what i remember now lol i would like it if they did they can captailize on where tna is failling since there x division is gone down hill for a few years now and you dotn want hornswoggle being the last cruiserweight champ lol they have the guys to do it like yoshi, chavo, primo, the dudebusters etc the only way they can is by making one womans title since there is not much point in having 2 anyway

DarkSide
08-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Damn, I miss this title. Taka Michinoku put on some great matches, and unfortunately (or fortunately), this is the only way these guys can get air time by having such a title in WWE.

The only thing that sucked was when the WHOLE division jobbed to a top star like HHH or Big Show to put themselves over.

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Yes bring back the title and while you are it have the title revolve around the Chavo Guerrero/Hornswoggle rivalry.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Light-Heavyweight sounds much more better.

Definitely, "Cruiserweight" has a stigma attached to it and I just don't think anyone who is a Cruiserweight Champion would evolve to a Heavyweight Champion level where as I do believe a Light Heavyweight Champion could evolve to become a Heavyweight contender

AGEOFFALL
08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I was never a fan of the term crusierweight, it makes them sound weak compared to heavyweight.

RKOViper
08-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Drew McIntyre is huge, not a cruiserweight. To this date I still don't believe Matt Hardy was a cruiserweight! That boy is a fatty!

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Bump...........