PDA

View Full Version : Early Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania 27 Plans (Cena-Barrett/Taker-Barrett/Orton-Cena)

Scottland
11-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Preliminary creative plans for 2011 include John Cena facing Wade Barrett at the Royal Rumble as well as Barrett facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII.

Based on WWE's reported plans, it would suggest Barrett wins the WWE Championship at Survivor Series and subsequently loses the belt to Cena at the Royal Rumble, likely setting up Cena vs. Orton for the strap at WrestleMania XXVII.

Undertaker, however, is in desperate need of shoulder surgery, and there is much concern internally that if he gets it, he won't be healthy in time for WrestleMania XXVII.

Of course, none of this is confirmed and plans can and likely will change numerous times in the coming months. It's almost impossible to predict any WrestleMania matches at this point due to WWE's creative plans constantly changing on a week-to-week basis.

SgtGohan
11-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Cena vs Orton BOOOOORING! we have seen that over 837 gazillion times..

as for Taker vs Barett. Barett does not deserve to take on Taker wrestlemania, that right is reserved for Jericho

Scottland
11-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Cena vs Orton BOOOOORING! we have seen that over 837 gazillion times..

as for Taker vs Barett. Barett does not deserve to take on Taker wrestlemania, that right is reserved for Jericho

I think the only way a Orton vs. Cena match would work again is if Cena is a heel or that the WWE unifies the two top titles. But one thing I do understand as to why WWE is planning on doing a Orton vs. Cena match is because those two in the ring together seem to create energy in the audience let alone they are the two biggest stars in the business especially Orton who is becoming more & more popular as time goes on here.

As for a Taker-Barrett match? This whole who's going to face Taker has been talked about for awhile & just about two weeks ago Sheamus was favorite to face Taker. So, the match for Taker is really up & down let alone if Taker is even able to go for Wrestlemania.

Kid_Gangsta
11-02-2010, 04:26 PM
If they can build Barret into a superheel from now till WM27, there shouldn't be a problem with a Taker vs Barret match IMO.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 04:41 PM
If they can build Barret into a superheel from now till WM27, there shouldn't be a problem with a Taker vs Barret match IMO.

I don't care if Barrett is a superheel or whatever. It still wouldn't make sense to have him and Taker at WM 27. It might be cool to have 'em feud, even though the reason to is kinda vague since Barrett never really explained why he helped Kane bury Undertaker, but because the reason is vague added to the fact that by a time a possible feud between them could work out due to his shoulder injury, it would be too rushed to have a WM match that would be worth remembering.

6maximum6carnage6
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
cena vs. orton, yea cause thats never been done before... can we have a wm without cena in the damn main event for a change?

Kashdinero
11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm sure the reason Barrett an co attacked taker will be revalealed shortly don't forget otungas comment about revealing their little secret.

Orton v Cena would be a nice change if their roles were reversed this time around... It wouldn't make their matches any less boring though. Seen one seen em all with these two.

johnadah
11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Appertaining to the vagueness of the reason for Nexus attacking Undertaker, it wasn't even planned prior to the event. 'Taker needed time off for surgery and losing 3 consecutive PPV matches would make him look pretty week. However, having had Nexus interfere could turn out to be a very good thing if they do decide to go with Undertaker vs. Barrett. But it all depends on how soon, if at all, 'Taker can get healthy and get back on TV. It would give them a starting point for a feud between the two. With an appropriate build, I think it could be a successful program.

If I have my preference, however, I would much rather see 'Taker vs. Sheamus. I'm a mark for Sheamus and I really believe he has only just begun to tap into his potential. If WWE does decide to unify the titles, then I think it would be important to have more than just a one-on-one for the new strap. Cena vs. Orton vs. Triple H vs. Barrett vs. Jericho vs. Edge vs. Miz (yes, really has gotten that good) vs. Punk? Elimination match, maybe?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-02-2010, 06:20 PM
they are the two biggest stars in the business especially Orton who is becoming more & more popular as time goes on here.
This is Scottland helping Randy find something.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM2oHHe0g3c0FNeDNgL0hDLiw-4sjM0C1zdhhIPyzYqPDJB1M&t=1&usg=__ZpdILmdb4znVdhVHdM6kBuCFIxQ=
U MAD???

im not sure but Scottland if you look to the left im sure you will be able to find http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:bKk6T6wLBen-BM:b

AndyWonder
11-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Randy Orton vs. John Cena @ Wrestlemania. Yes the matchups between these two are too repetitive. This was even featured in the triple threat WWE title match at Wrestlemania 24. However, at this moment what other two superstars have the star and draw power to headline Wrestlemania 27? Nobody else has been built up to do that except for these two.
Wade Barrett vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania should not happen. Barrett has not achieved that status yet to be in that match Perhaps Wade Barrett vs. David Otunga to finally disband the Nexus for good. Undertaker vs. Sheamus would be a much better idea considering Sheamus' status.
Cena vs. Barrett @ Royal Rumble could be a good idea. It would end their rivialry for good hopefully.
However, Miz might be relegated to cashing in MITB on the World Heavyweight championship. After reading these plans of Royal Rumble & Wresltemania, I now don't see where he can get in the WWE title scene with Cena/Orton/Barrett on the pedestal.

Hesterica
11-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Well, this is basically what I had in mind for Mania.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk - WWE title (Punk, being the last Raw superstar eliminated from the Rumble, becomes number one contender after winning a non-title match on Raw.)

Edge vs Christian - World's Heavyweight Title (Edge wins against Kane and Christian winning the Rumble match)

John Cena vs Undertaker (Cena reveals that it was him behind Nexus attacking Taker to lessen the "big dogs" which can stand up to his new regime with Nexus now that he runs the group after taking out Barett)

Kaval vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston - Triple Threat for the reactivated Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight Championship

Gail Kim vs Natalya - Divas Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Alberto del Rio - Intercontinental Championship (Not really sure how to play this out since it's inter-promotional)

The Miz vs Triple H (Miz cashes in MITB after a Cena vs Orton vs HHH champ match. The Game felt dissed and beats down the Miz. I think this will really help elevate Mr. Awesome. Feuding with other mid-carders doesn't help a lot in raising his stock)

Money in the Bank - Sheamus, John Morrison, Wade Barret, Justin Gabriel, MVP, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kane (Morisson for the win)

Don't know what to do with Big Show...

Scottland
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM2oHHe0g3c0FNeDNgL0hDLiw-4sjM0C1zdhhIPyzYqPDJB1M&t=1&usg=__ZpdILmdb4znVdhVHdM6kBuCFIxQ=
U MAD???

im not sure but Scottland if you look to the left im sure you will be able to find http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:bKk6T6wLBen-BM:b

Well, I'm glad you showed were your head is at IPEEINTHESHOWER. Now, I know why your so obsessed with baby oil. It's because you need it to help fit that head of yours up where the sun don't shine. It's a great image of you.

P.S. That is one f***ed up picture.

Scottland
11-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Randy Orton vs CM Punk - WWE title (Punk, being the last Raw superstar eliminated from the Rumble, becomes number one contender after winning a non-title match on Raw.)

Edge vs Christian - World's Heavyweight Title (Edge wins against Kane and Christian winning the Rumble match)

John Cena vs Undertaker (Cena reveals that it was him behind Nexus attacking Taker to lessen the "big dogs" which can stand up to his new regime with Nexus now that he runs the group after taking out Barett)

Kaval vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston - Triple Threat for the reactivated Cruiserweight/Light Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs Alberto del Rio - Intercontinental Championship (Not really sure how to play this out since it's inter-promotional)

The Miz vs Triple H (Miz cashes in MITB after a Cena vs Orton vs HHH champ match. The Game felt dissed and beats down the Miz. I think this will really help elevate Mr. Awesome. Feuding with other mid-carders doesn't help a lot in raising his stock)

Money in the Bank - Sheamus, John Morrison, Wade Barret, Justin Gabriel, MVP, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Kane (Morisson for the win)

An Orton/Punk feud is something I would most certainly want to see especially with the WWE Title involved. Orton as the tweener & Punk as the heel. Yeah...would like to see that.

A Cena/Taker feud for Wrestlemania would be a good choice as long as Cena loses & is a heel. But first, let's see if Taker can even get health for Wrestlemania before significant speculation begins.

A Edge/Christian feud would be interesting especially if they are both faces. It would be interesting to see who the fans would side with let alone adding the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

As for the Miz/Triple H feud? I would much rather see Triple H & Sheamus finish up there storyline feud.

cato79
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM

There are several questions that arise from this "card"... more, if you take in concideration the current storylines and superstars getting pushed...

* Where is Lay-Cool....?? (no need to state the backstage power that is behind Michelle...)
* What has Gail Kim done in the last months to deserve a title match, let alone that is a WM title match...??
* How can you take the huge push that Kane has received in the last 3 months and send him all the way down to the MIB match...??
* Same question to Barrett... from being the Top heel in RAW to lose the MIB match...?
* If (and that is a big "if") HHH returns, he must conclude his feud with Shamus...
* Christian in a WM main event...?? he has not been in a main event in Smackdown in months... go figure....
* Where is Dolph Ziggler...?? he has been pushed as of lately...

Some things I would like to see....

* CM Punk and Orton...
* Bryan - Del Rio... 2 very technical guys with great ring skills
* Heel Cena - Taker... however, as of current Cena - Nexus storyline, can't see that big turn of events.
* Morrison getting a shot for the title...

SaberToothTigerz
11-03-2010, 11:42 AM
U MAD???

I think im gonna hurl......