PDA

View Full Version : Coma McMahon

Justdawg08
11-02-2010, 07:03 AM
I don't know if I'm just high, but I thought Raw was excellent tonight. All the matches were good, I laughed my ass off several times. But now I want to talk about Coma McMahon.

This came out of the blue, now, what I want to know.... was this just a comedy sketch?

Or is this a storyline in the making? WWE laid a lot out there, we saw classic Mcmahon... fucking CLASSIC... and I must say it's something I've missed on Raw. Dating back to the corporation or just a few years back when he was evil. I liked the little Daniel Bryan line too.

Maybe it wasn't just a dream... maybe the McMahon character has been revived. Maybe Steph and HHH took over the company and their going on this kind of storyline. I mean if McMahon is in a coma... then yeah... hell... maybe Steph and HHH are the RAW GM?

Or was this just a fun segment to put together to bash politics? Thats pretty cool too...

So was this a one time sketch basically? Or is this the making of something bigger? Whether it be a McMahon return, a Steph/HHH run again?

Hesterica
11-02-2010, 07:09 AM
The return of the McMahon-Helmsley era? That could be something...

Justdawg08
11-02-2010, 07:23 AM
All the pieces were right there in that segment. It just depends on what WWE's intentions were with that segment.

Kashdinero
11-02-2010, 07:29 AM
Vince was ribbing linda because he knows she won't win!

Mr. McMahon
11-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Raw was boring as hell last night, I don't know I stopped watching after the 1st boring hour. I don't how you people can sit through 2 hours of this crap. Just wait till WM season, it will be exciting

Rassling_Fan
11-02-2010, 09:16 AM
I did find some good laughs in the segment, though I have to wonder what's the deal with Coma McMahon. I must have missed it when he was put in a coma. Anyone know when that happened?

SaberToothTigerz
11-02-2010, 09:42 AM
It was just a funny segment a direct hit to linda's campaign nothing more....nothing less.

Justdawg08
11-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Well Steph waking up says that he's still in a coma... who knows.. maybe they are just saying he's in a coma cause we havent seen him in a while. More metaphorically speaking. But that segment reminded me of McMahon 1999 for sure. Vince once again shows just how large his balls are lol

Bodom
11-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Segments like that take the viewer out of suspension of disbelief. How could we see Steph's dream? The SNL like approach they like to take sometimes runs contrary to their desire to sell ppvs. WWE is not just a tv show, its supposed to be a worked sport. Blurring the lines between fantasy and reality hurts the products ability to draw. And really reinforces the negative sterotypes that they are trying to overcome.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 10:28 AM
And they're trying to convince people that they aren't supporting Linda? :S

Bodom
11-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I would have rather have Vince appear on the Tron and just say "Vote For Linda"

Don't even get me started on the nightmare of Vince running for President.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 10:31 AM
I would have rather have Vince appear on the Tron and just say "Vote For Linda"

Don't even get me started on the nightmare of Vince running for President.

Yep. America will literally have no chance in hell.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Segments like that take the viewer out of suspension of disbelief. How could we see Steph's dream? The SNL like approach they like to take sometimes runs contrary to their desire to sell ppvs. WWE is not just a tv show, its supposed to be a worked sport. Blurring the lines between fantasy and reality hurts the products ability to draw. And really reinforces the negative sterotypes that they are trying to overcome.

Sorry for the double post but, "Little People's Court" comes to mind.

Bodom
11-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Sorry for the double post but, "Little People's Court" comes to mind.

That segment was HORRIBLE. It was just dumb

No need to apologize for "double posting"

Allison
11-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Isn't Linda running for office basically the same as Vince running for office? If she win's, she may be sitting in the chair, but there's no doubt who will be controlling her every action.

Bodom
11-02-2010, 10:59 AM
isn't linda running for office basically the same as vince running for office? If she win's, she may be sitting in the chair, but there's no doubt who will be controlling her every action.

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!

SgtGohan
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
i dont know, do know i liked monday night raw this time though

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 11:07 AM
i dont know, do know i liked monday night raw this time though

Yep. Remember the part where a legit tag team gets overthrown by a hastily put together team of a corny redhead and an overlooked possible world champion?

Or how about the pointless build up for the Miz vs. the Big Show where it was kinda obvious to begin with since that's the whole role of Guest Hosts to begin with nowadays; to build up matches?

Oh, and let's not forget Michael Cole having an orgasm over the secret word.

And what about the promo that obviously is behind rallying Linda despite the fact that WWE has claimed countless times that they aren't trying to support her?

Seriously, Lita was the highlight of the entire night. Forget ring. The only secret word, or should I say secret words, that would relate to RAW last night the best would be "inevitable disaster". I'd rather watch Santino and Kozlov do a puppet show.

NightWolf
11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Correction!

Lita an Santino Marella were the highlights of the night. That is pretty sad that two people that rarely have any part in the WWE storylines were bigger than Cena, Nexus, and Orton last night.

Tha Crows Nest
11-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Yep. Remember the part where a legit tag team gets overthrown by a hastily put together team of a corny redhead and an overlooked possible world champion?

Or how about the pointless build up for the Miz vs. the Big Show where it was kinda obvious to begin with since that's the whole role of Guest Hosts to begin with nowadays; to build up matches?

Oh, and let's not forget Michael Cole having an orgasm over the secret word.

And what about the promo that obviously is behind rallying Linda despite the fact that WWE has claimed countless times that they aren't trying to support her?

Seriously, Lita was the highlight of the entire night. Forget ring. The only secret word, or should I say secret words, that would relate to RAW last night the best would be "inevitable disaster". I'd rather watch Santino and Kozlov do a puppet show.

Wow so did you not enjoy the Daniel Bryan vs. DiBiase match? I quite enjoyed that match. The main event was decent also... I defenitly understand about the others I dont have to sit through it cause I work monday nights and DVR it so when I see the guest host I fast forward which meant I accidently missed Lita. But if the McMahon storyline leads somewhere then I am ok with it and I kinda got a chuckle that they used Freddie as the DR. lol I enjoyed Raw tonight some of u just cant be pleased.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Wow so did you not enjoy the Daniel Bryan vs. DiBiase match? I quite enjoyed that match. The main event was decent also... I defenitly understand about the others I dont have to sit through it cause I work monday nights and DVR it so when I see the guest host I fast forward which meant I accidently missed Lita. But if the McMahon storyline leads somewhere then I am ok with it and I kinda got a chuckle that they used Freddie as the DR. lol I enjoyed Raw tonight some of u just cant be pleased.

Yep. Some people just can't be pleased. It's too much to ask to have one night where good matches don't end up in DQ or have interference, the right superstars don't get buried, there aren't any annoying and superfluous comedy sketches that only appeal to six year olds, divas don't pass off to us as brainless eyecandy that can only get a pop in hot blooded males pants and no main events that constantly repeat elements that circle around the main feud on the brand such as the superstars.

Damn, I'm selfish.

drumgod
11-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I was watching RAW last night. I fell asleep during the broadcast. Must have been boring!

Rich Cranium
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Simple suggestion: Eliminate the Guest Host role! I think WWE is wasting money on these fools that probably 98% of them don't even watch wrestling. The only ones I can think that do watch are Kid Rock, Toby Keith, and Snoop Dog. I'm sure their are a select few others.

They are only there to promote their project.

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Simple suggestion: Eliminate the Guest Host role! I think WWE is wasting money on these fools that probably 98% of them don't even watch wrestling.

They're actually diminishing the significance and air time of guest hosts; but with that said, why have them at all?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. KY Jelly maybe you should not watch WWE if it upsets you so much. There is plenty of stuff on tv you might find more logical and entertaining. Im confused, you have Santino as your avatar but you complain about the comedy. Santino was funny as hell when he got out his check book and asked Sheamus how do you spell Sheamus. As for pee wee he was awesome. I must admit I am a fan of his so he cant do no wrong in my eyes but he did great on RAW. I like brainless eye-candy and Im not sure what your sexual preference is but I can only come to one conclusion for you to say something like that--you must have the biggest rainbow flag in your front yard they make. I think your taking pro rasslin to serious and maybe you should just enjoy the parts you do like and ignore the rest. If a tv show bothered me I would turn the channel and not waste my time writing about it. Just some food for thought. U MAD???

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. KY Jelly maybe you should not watch WWE if it upsets you so much. There is plenty of stuff on tv you might find more logical and entertaining. Im confused, you have Santino as your avatar but you complain about the comedy. Santino was funny as hell when he got out his check book and asked Sheamus how do you spell Sheamus. As for pee wee he was awesome. I must admit I am a fan of his so he cant do no wrong in my eyes but he did great on RAW. I like brainless eye-candy and Im not sure what your sexual preference is but I can only come to one conclusion for you to say something like--you must have the biggest rainbow flag in your front yard they make. I think your taking pro rasslin to serious and maybe you should just enjoy the parts you do like and ignore the rest. If a tv show bothered me I would turn the channel and not waste my time writing about it. Just some food for thought. U MAD???

Well if you're trying to pass it off as food for thought from an intelligent person, then maybe you should try not insulting me just because I don't agree with you. I don't give a fuck how popular you are on this site and how many people support you. I'll represent my opinions whether you like it or not. Your entire statement condradicts itself. If you don't like my opinion, then why read it? You just wasted your time coming up with this response that contradicts itself and makes you look like an idiot. I didn't say I don't like WWE. I didn't say I don't like RAW. I just pointed out the parts I didn't like. And with Santino? I never said I didn't like him, but not everything he does is favorable IMO.

Really? I'm gay because of a reference I make to how shit the diva division is? Seriously, do any of your insults at people not involve homosexuality, you homophobic prick?

Once again, you've proven how monumentally incompetent you are. And to think this whole "hate" towards me you apparently have is because I make a harmless joke at your catchphrase. Grow up.

ELNIOJR
11-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Vince is in COMA (probably) because the last time he was 'on screen' he got BEATEN DOWN by The NEXUS!!!

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Vince is in COMA (probably) because the last time he was 'on screen' he got BEATEN DOWN by The NEXUS!!!

We know. It's just that we were discussing the problem with the Mr.McMahon promo last night on RAW.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Well if you're trying to pass it off as food for thought from an intelligent person, then maybe you should try not insulting me just because I don't agree with you. I don't give a fuck how popular you are on this site and how many people support you. I'll represent my opinions whether you like it or not. Your entire statement condradicts itself. If you don't like my opinion, then why read it? You just wasted your time coming up with this response that contradicts itself and makes you look like an idiot. I didn't say I don't like WWE. I didn't say I don't like RAW. I just pointed out the parts I didn't like. And with Santino? I never said I didn't like him, but not everything he does is favorable IMO
Really? I'm gay because of a reference I make to how shit the diva division is? Seriously, do any of your insults at people not involve homosexuality, you homophobic prick?

Once again, you've proven how monumentally incompetent you are. And to think this whole "hate" towards me you apparently have is because I make a harmless joke at your catchphrase. Grow up.

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I hope you didn't pop a blood vessel because of what I wrote. Its all in good fun man. Please don't take me so serious. If you haven't noticed most of my infinite wisdom post are contradictory. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE its kind of my Modus Operandi. As for me being popular and have follower's I could probably count them on one hand. I think you should just sit back and watch me contradict myself and know that its just a part of the evolving genius of the man that is called IPEEINTHESHOWER. U MAD???

K2Jelly
11-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I hope you didn't pop a blood vessel because of what I wrote. Its all in good fun man. Please don't take me so serious. If you haven't noticed most of my infinite wisdom post are contradictory. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE its kind of my Modus Operandi. As for me being popular and have follower's I could probably count them on one hand. I think you should just sit back and watch me contradict myself and know that its just a part of the evolving genius of the man that is called IPEEINTHESHOWER. U MAD???

Well if what you say is true, then I apologize. I thought it was something more because of the gay flag reference. That's what got me mad.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-02-2010, 01:22 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8xvIZT4UCrKmCVvbPBQTgl6R4PNMba g9hPNKQFW7wHukHXzU&t=1&usg=__3HvVwMdw3ULZGYWLfr_xaBnGCFc=

fly it proud. U MAD???

Bodom
11-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Nice to you two resolve your issues in a civil manner.

el gabo
11-02-2010, 01:36 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8xvIZT4UCrKmCVvbPBQTgl6R4PNMba g9hPNKQFW7wHukHXzU&t=1&usg=__3HvVwMdw3ULZGYWLfr_xaBnGCFc=

fly it proud. U MAD???

Wow, people sure are passionate about wrestling!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Bodom
11-02-2010, 01:39 PM
That video never gets old.

johnadah
11-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't think it was anything leading into a bigger storyline. Firstly, there was no previous storyline leading into him being in a coma. It doesn't make any sense to randomly throw that onto television. I agree, it is pretty stupid of them to mix in this SNL style television with a worked sport. I don't think it was intended to be anything other than a free ad for Linda. They were smart enough to include the Bloomenthal flyer as well. Albeit in a very negative manner, it allowed them to promote Linda without violating any equal time laws. It was great seeing some vintage McMahon though. I remember there being some talk of doing away with that character when Bret Hart came back since they started the character with the Montreal Screw Job. I'm glad they seem to have decided against it.

On a separate note, I was surprised to see Freddie Prinze Jr. in the skit. I didn't think that they would have him on television so soon after re-hiring him, if at all.

BevinBoyz
11-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I did find some good laughs in the segment, though I have to wonder what's the deal with Coma McMahon. I must have missed it when he was put in a coma. Anyone know when that happened?

i believe that the Coma was from when vince was attacked by nexus.. other then the Stand up for WWE thing... i think it was the first time we seen him on screen.