PDA

View Full Version : Over-Rated? Under-Rated?

tomo8392
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Discuss the most under or over rated superstar on the WWE Or TNA rosters
Over-Rated for me would have to be
Rob Terry not even AJ made this man look good
Sheamus maybe its just me but i never got into him
John Cena i dunno how he got so far with the best part of 10 moves

Under-Rated
I have recently become a huge R-Truth fan i believe he needs a title of any kind and thats the truth
Christian again needs a belt in TNA he was a great NWA Champion the evidence is there WWE
Desmond Wolfe he challened for the title then disappeared competing on Xpoltion are you kidding me Williams Vs Wolfe for the title i think Desmond need that belt more

NOTE: I dont unerstand all this hate for Drew McIntyre i dont think he is a bad wrestler given the right chance sure not world champion but i think he was a good IC champion

Your opinions ???

also check out my profile add me tweet me facebook me ;)

AGEOFFALL
08-21-2010, 08:17 PM
WWE
Over-rated: Rey Mysterio
Under-rated: Christian

TNA
Over-rated: Rob Terry
Under-rated: Amazing Red

Tha Crows Nest
08-21-2010, 09:48 PM
WWE
Over-Rated- Its really hard not to say John Cena right here but if I had to go with someone other than him I would have to say Big Show i just seem to be completely uninterested in every fued he is in no matter who its against.

Under-rated- Chavo is a easy answer as for years he has never been given anything legit to work with but I would have to say Zach Ryder. I'm not saying he is world champion material right now but he has been doing nothing for a while now. Give him the half trunks half tights back and push this guy.

TNA
Over-Rated- Rob Terry & Jeff Hardy

Under-Rated- PETEY WILLIAMS & CHRIS DANIELS I know they are now longer on the roster now but they have been 2 of the most underrated TNA superstars since they moved to Orlando. I live in Nashville and when they were at the Asylum every week those 2 guys and AJ are the ones that tore the building down week in and week out.

latreal23
08-22-2010, 03:47 AM
WWE

Overrated= JOHN CENA this guy is just horrible and makes me wanna throw up.
Underrated= Santino Marella the mic work is very good he just needs a good storyline and he will take off.

TNA

Overrated= ENTIRE ROSTER except for AJ STYLES

SgtGohan
08-22-2010, 04:52 AM
WWE
Overrated
Rey Mysterio
John Cena
Underrated
William Regal
Christian
Chavo Guerrero

Tommy Thunder
08-22-2010, 05:21 AM
I don't think I know enough about the TNA guys to comment on them (I have never watched an episode of TNA from start to finish ever), so i'll just comment on what I know, the WWE guys

RAW under-rated:
Evan Bourne, Goldust, Primo, R-Truth Santino, Vladmir Kozlov, William Regal, Yoshi Tatsu, Zack Ryder

Bourne is a future main eventer for sure, as is Ryder and hopefully Truth. They along with Tatsu, Primo and Santino should be in contention for US title right now. Kozlov should be a main event heel (What happened to the days of him feuding with Taker?!). I understand Regal and Goldust are veterans now, but they should be in the US title picture really, even if it's to put others over!!

RAW over-rated:
John Cena,...that's about it lol

Smackdown under-rated:
The Dudebusters (Croft and Barreta), Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Christian, JTG, Matt Hardy, MVP,

Smackdown over-rated:
Not sure if there is anyone over-rated on the Smackdown roster. I don't think Rey Mysterio is over-rated, it's a bit annoying to see Undertaker go straight to the main event every-time he comes back but where else would you put him?!

I will say though, the under-rated guys on Smackdown are overall more talented than the under-rated guys on Raw. MVP, Christian, Masters, and Hardy (if he gets back in shape), and indeed Chavo are talented enough to be in the main event. The Dudebusters are talented enough to be tag champs.

justindlfox
08-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Overrated: John Cena!!!, Kelly Kelly, Husky Harris

Underrated: Zack Ryder, William Regal, Christian, John Morrison, Gail Kim, Natalya

Cena has actually got worse ringwise, attitude adjustment is the worst ever finisher

tantrum
08-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Overrated-Cena
Underated-Kozlov

eyehatecena
08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Over rated-
WWE-
Cena- very predicdable in the ring- he comesback at the last minute- does not put many people over...etc
Alicia Fox
TNA-
Orlando Jordon
Ric Flair(please never get in the ring again...just do the talking)
Under rated-
WWE-
Gail Kim- put the damn title on her, stop using her to put others over
Christian
HHH- I do not care for him alot, but he has put more people over than most other main event guys.
TNA-
Nigel...Desmond Wolf.....give him a title run.

mr jones
08-23-2010, 04:52 AM
besides the obvious names like cena and orton and actualy, other than swagger, everyone in the main title picture is very over rated.
so i will deal with the real wrestlers insted.

over rated : yoshi totsui , does more kicks than anything, no hold no thrills...just leg strikes
ted dibiousie jr, u arent ur father at all so drop the jr.
christain , everyone thinks ur great, but you do they same run down of moves every match. missle drop kick, the upper cut, the thing where u stand on their back when theyre on the ropes...same crap week after week.
edge, just not as good as everyone thinks...u payed ur do's and earned everything u got....but ur just not that good of a wrestler.
under ratted : cody rhods, has became his own man and owning his gimmik.
chris masters , old school graphler, a real throwback.
evan bourn, give him his break already

king of nexus
08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
wwe overrated cena,hhh,shemus,teddy boy jr, jack swagger,Rey mysterio
underrated chavo,dolph,miz who should of won money in the bank at wm Fact allow swagger morrison,bourne, hardy who should have been champ about 5 years ago mvp jtg

tna piss off hogan jarret you annoy me sting and nash are the way forward rob terrys welsh it should have been magnus or wolffe seeings tna is basically watched by mainly an english audience so would be nice for an english champ matt morgan should hold the title in the near future.

Tha Crows Nest
08-23-2010, 12:47 PM
besides the obvious names like cena and orton and actualy, other than swagger, everyone in the main title picture is very over rated.
so i will deal with the real wrestlers insted.

WOW did you just say Orton was overrated? lol Horton has the look the in ring work the mic skills and everyone in the Industry wants him on there roster. So if you mean by being the Most wanted superstar in the wrestling industry than yes you are right orton is Over rated lol

mr jones
08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
yes i did say orton is over rated.
i dont buy into his snake thing that he does.
his mic skills arent that great, he doesnt stutter or nothing but u can tell he's acting.
in ring he isnt anything special compared to the mid card.
and his matches are all gimmik and no wrestling.
so yes, i did say orton is over rated, as well as the entire main even tier

i dont see how anyone can list the miz or zigler as under rated.
isnt miz mitb holder, a united states champion, a main player on nxt and he gets plenty of air time on raw.
zigler is right where he sould be, headlinng the ic title picture.
yes these guys are the future and they will be main eventers, just cause they arent now doesnt mean theyre under rated.

rebeccabroussard
08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Overrated: The Bella Twins, Cody Rhodes, Great Khali, and John Morrison (I like him though)
Underrated: Gail Kim, Natalya, Santino, Miz, Ziggler, Bourne, and Yoshi Tatsu

Tha Crows Nest
08-23-2010, 04:23 PM
My perfect example of why Orton is not Overrated. When Eric Bischoff did a interview once they ask what 3 superstars he would want from WWE if he could choose and he said Randy Orton, Randy Orton, and Randy Orton. Randy Orton is over as a face with a heel gimmick. I want you to name all the people who have gotten over with a heel gimmick without it being a comedy type thing. I can think of very few and one of them was Stone Cold.

Starscreamer
08-23-2010, 04:26 PM
no TNA stuff..don't know enough plus this is the wwe thread lol...
BUT...
Cena of course, but frankly Khali (used ONLY for squash matches these days...) and Shaemus...sorry, but too quick for that kind of push, Swagger at least had some ups and downs before getting real gold...
Under rated? KOZLOV! He could be the monster Raw needs now that Batista is gone...Bourne is finally getting some momentum, but Ryder could be an A list heel as well.
Smackdown, I want to know who MVP pissed off because he was riding high for a while, paid his dues with the losing streak then was going high again...then just stopped...Ziggler is riding just right on his carreer...and as for over rated, well Big Show, and frankly I am getting tired of Mysterio...it is the exact same thing for him, but he is driving that pg rating perfectly being all kid friendly...

dantheman
08-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Overrated= Drew McIntyre, Ray Mysterio, The Miz
Underrated= Sheamus, Swagger, MVP, Chris Masters

Although seems strange putting Sheamus as underrated, I think he is doing a great job and people don't give him enough credit for it. He has improved a lot, got a good look, got some good power moves and is getting good on the mic now.

I don't agree with the above postings about Orton being overrated, however I will agree that his in ring work is getting too slow and methodical to the point now where it is getting frustrating to watch his matches.

DirtySteal
08-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Over-rated
John Cena - Do I need to explain? The kids love him and buy his merch. Thats why he's in the main event.
Morrison - I just don't see why everyone loves him. He did one cool 450 splash once and i've seen nothing interesting since. He was much better as a heel.
Ted DiBiasie - So boring, stop using your fathers gimmick.

Under-rated
William Regal - I've been a fan of his for years, excellent ring work, great character and to see him lose to Santino or be made into a joke on RAW is just awful.
Evan Bourne - Excelent skills in the ring, his match with Y2J proved he should be higher than where he is.
CM Punk - He is amazing on the mic, in the ring and as a character. He was pushed once or twice but now is just mid carding with pointless rivalrys, the SES is going nowhere.
Codey Rhodes - His new character is awesome, his in ring work needs to have a more unique feel to it but thats improving.
Christian - Please, go back to TNA so they can use you properly and the way you deserved to be used.

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
WWE

Overrated - The Undertaker
Underrated - Christian (by a mile)

TNA

Overrated - Rob Van Dam
Underrated - Robert Roode

eyehatecena
08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I do not agree with Orton being over-rated either. I do however agree his snake thing looks stupid though...not as bad a Cenas 5 nuckle thing he does after his you can see me crap.

SilverGhost
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Overrated-Main Eventers in Raw
Underrated- Main Eventers in Smackdown

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Who are the Main Eventers on SmackDown!?

zyuhas
08-24-2010, 08:50 PM
TNA
Overrated
KAZ
Abyss
Underrated
Raven
Brian Kendrik
Daffney

AGEOFFALL
08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Overrated-Main Eventers in Raw
Underrated- Main Eventers in Smackdown

Agree with the raw main eventers. And who do you mean by the sd main eventers?

RKOViper
08-27-2010, 10:30 AM
I think he means guys like Swagger and Mysterio. I too believe they are underated, but I only agree with Swagger. Mysterio is stale and boring now.

Most overrated: John Cena.
Most underrated: Christian/Morrison.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-27-2010, 10:56 AM
over rated wwe : cena, drew mcintyre, the miz, sheamus, sorry to say rey is to,

under rated: evan bourne, regal, christian, john morrison, cody rhodes, mvp, gold dust, yoshi tatsu, chavo, the uso's, dudebusters, zack ryder, skip, ezekiel jackson

over rated tna: rob terry, matt morgan, kaz, doug williams, jeff hardy, abyss

under rated: amazing red, eric young, orlando jordan, jay lethal, desmond wolfe, generation me, robert roode,

TheDevilsAdvocate
12-27-2010, 02:13 AM
over rated wwe : cena, drew mcintyre, the miz, sheamus, sorry to say rey is to,

under rated: evan bourne, regal, christian, john morrison, cody rhodes, mvp, gold dust, yoshi tatsu, chavo, the uso's, dudebusters, zack ryder, skip, ezekiel jackson

over rated tna: rob terry, matt morgan, kaz, doug williams, jeff hardy, abyss

under rated: amazing red, eric young, orlando jordan, jay lethal, desmond wolfe, generation me, robert roode,

Good list. Most of these guys are getting pretty good pushes now.

KJ PUNK
12-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I love how everyone says they hate John Cena because of his "Five Moves of Doom" or whatever. You all just hate Cena because he's been shoved down your throats by the WWE because he sells Merch and is hugely over with the crowd that WWE targets now. I have no problem with Cena, I can take him or leave him, but he does need to stay away from the WWE Title for a while.
Over-rated: Rey Mysterio, ever since his World title push he seems like he's just gotten lazy. I wish he could do half the stuff he did in ECW and WCW now but alas.
RVD and Jeff Hardy are both extremely over-rated. Never been a fan for either of these pothead spot monkeys.

Under-rated: I've always been a huge Shelton Benjamin fan and I'm happy that he's finally in a company where he can get the respect he deserves. I think Christian and John Morrison also are pretty under-rated, but I hate Starship Pain but that's probably better saved for another thread. Also Santino. If WWE would let him not be a comedy act and actually let the man wrestle, everyone would see what such a beast he is in the ring

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 03:34 AM
I think he means guys like Swagger and Mysterio. I too believe they are underated, but I only agree with Swagger. Mysterio is stale and boring now.

Most overrated: John Cena.
Most underrated: Christian/Morrison.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.

I love how everyone says they hate John Cena because of his "Five Moves of Doom" or whatever. You all just hate Cena because he's been shoved down your throats by the WWE because he sells Merch and is hugely over with the crowd that WWE targets now. I have no problem with Cena, I can take him or leave him, but he does need to stay away from the WWE Title for a while.
Over-rated: Rey Mysterio, ever since his World title push he seems like he's just gotten lazy. I wish he could do half the stuff he did in ECW and WCW now but alas.
RVD and Jeff Hardy are both extremely over-rated. Never been a fan for either of these pothead spot monkeys.

Under-rated: I've always been a huge Shelton Benjamin fan and I'm happy that he's finally in a company where he can get the respect he deserves. I think Christian and John Morrison also are pretty under-rated, but I hate Starship Pain but that's probably better saved for another thread. Also Santino. If WWE would let him not be a comedy act and actually let the man wrestle, everyone would see what such a beast he is in the ring

I love your sig :D

Raiyne
12-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Overrated for WWE- Rey Mysterio....buries every young talent he faces....please let Kane/John Cena/Nexus....someone take this man off the overrated pedestal.

Underrated for WWE- Jack Swagger was going into several great phases, In ECW had a great push but then buried, Then hunting for the US title great push but then buried, then had an okay WHC gimmick to where he wins only when defending the title but buried....someone give this man a proper gimmick.

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Overrated for WWE- Rey Mysterio....buries every young talent he faces....please let Kane/John Cena/Nexus....someone take this man off the overrated pedestal.

Underrated for WWE- Jack Swagger was going into several great phases, In ECW had a great push but then buried, Then hunting for the US title great push but then buried, then had an okay WHC gimmick to where he wins only when defending the title but buried....someone give this man a proper gimmick.

I like Swaggers gimmick. They have invested alot into it, with all the celebrations, life awards and such. He only needs a push.

Raiyne
12-27-2010, 06:22 AM
A win over the Big Show or Rey Mysterio???

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 06:39 AM
A win over the Big Show or Rey Mysterio???

Over-rated or under-rated? You didn't say lol.

Raiyne
12-27-2010, 06:41 AM
I ment if Jack got a win over them. Would that boost him?

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 06:49 AM
I ment if Jack got a win over them. Would that boost him?

Didn't Swagger have a few matches with Rey and Show? And I think he made them tap out too..and it obviously hasn't done much for his career, since hes now competing for the IC title.

Raiyne
12-27-2010, 06:55 AM
He hasn't beaten them though....he only beat Randy Orton which made him look like a good champion for about 1 night. Making people tap out in post match is okay but if you loose every match to them...it does nothing.

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 06:59 AM
He hasn't beaten them though....he only beat Randy Orton which made him look like a good champion for about 1 night. Making people tap out in post match is okay but if you loose every match to them...it does nothing.

Ah thats right he only "injured their ankles". But I think he was just playing the heel that he was supposed to. Thats why he couldn't get clean wins over them, which I would be happy to see.

Tommy Thunder
12-27-2010, 07:29 AM

I hate Cena because he can't wrestle!! Yes, he's charismatic, and yes he's popular, but he is just so stale and boring in the ring, that's why i hate him, because he's being pushed instead of somebody that actually knows more than 5 moves!!
And as for Mysterio, he doesn't do a lot of the stuff he used to because he's so banged up! He's been asking for a lengthy time off for a while, but WWE won't let him have it. It's not that he can't do that stuff or doesn't want to, it's because he doesn't want to risk injury again ("I've had surgery 5 times on my left knee" as Mysterio himself says lol)!!

Totally agree with you about Shelton, Christian, Santino, and Jo Mo, although it seems, Morrison is approaching the main event now.

KJ PUNK
12-27-2010, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=

I love your sig :D[/QUOTE]

Why thank you! She's my fave