PDA

View Full Version : Best Of Goldberg DVD

Robstar
11-01-2010, 04:21 PM
There's a lot of fans of Bill Goldberg out there. I'm not one of them. All I can say about a best of Goldberg DVD is at least it will be short!

Ruggy
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Come on Rob, credit given where credit is due. Goldberg was basically an impact player and man did he shake the wrestling world. Right he was not the best technician ever and he did end Bret Hart's career, but the WWE would be fool not to release it. It is an instant money generator.

Robstar
11-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Oh no doubt. But IMO, the guy just played football in the ring - not a huge departure from what he was previously doing. I credit creative with.....um, creating the myth of Goldberg

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Not a technician in the slightest but Goldberg was da FN man.

There's a ton of matches/highlights to make a comp of the man

His debut against Hugh Morrus.
his awesome match against raven.
the NWO/WCW battle royal where he jackhammered the giant.
THAT night at the georgia dome.
V DDP at Halloween havoc 98.
His first ppv clash with Nash where he lost the title and the rematch at the fantastic spring stampede '99. The match that ended brets career (not his finest moment but Bret gave him a good match).
His super stiff war with Steiner at fall brawl '00.
not to mention all the spears he gave (including the one he gave to little lionhart)...

Over in WWE there's his debut when he speared the Rock and their clash at backlash.
His match with Jericho (not great but it wouldn't make sense to leave it out for storyline purposes).
the elimination chamber match when the goldberg everyone new and loved finally arrived.
his match with hunter when he won the world title.
his disappointing match with Brock would have to be there as well....
Last and probably least, his first (and only?) meeting with Gold... Dust!!

I'd buy that!

NecroButcher187
11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Should be an entertaining DVD set, and if it's 3 disks you can see each and every one of his matches!! Seriously, did he ever have a fifteen minute match in his entire career???

qwerty704
11-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Should be an entertaining DVD set, and if it's 3 disks you can see each and every one of his matches!! Seriously, did he ever have a fifteen minute match in his entire career???

LaughMyFuckingAssOff

NecroButcher187
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
LaughMyFuckingAssOff

Why thank you sir. You are a gentleman & a scholar...

Robstar
11-01-2010, 05:55 PM

I concur - this is seriously funny because it's so true

Belzova
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I would rather see a Christian DVD.

Ruggy
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
His World title defence against Nash must have been 15 mins.....

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Who would want to see him go 15 mins (although I'm pretty sure he did against Steiner) And 3 disks would be hard to fill agreed. You either liked him or you didnt. But as robstar said many people did. I'm not usually a fan of the big clumsy oafs that populate the main event scene but Berg was cool for what he was!

AngrySamoan
11-01-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd rather watch a Brooklyn Brawler DVD.

Ruggy
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd rather watch a Brooklyn Brawler DVD.

Maybe it is in the works. Can't wait.

Bodom
11-01-2010, 07:06 PM

Does him being tasered count?

NWO_Loki
11-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Feh. Goldberg wasnt entertaining and the fact that he couldnt wrestle didnt help. I just remember his last match in WWE was crap and everyone let him know it. I wipe my arse with Goldberg.

AngrySamoan
11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
He Had the Hype, he had the popularity, he had the push, and now if he had the real talent, well he would've been better. Sure in one sense is what exciting to see back in the late 90's with the Monday Night Wars going on. But after that whole taser incident, I didn't see WCW or Goldberg in the same light ever again.

Rich Cranium
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
His match with the limo was priceless.

Bodom
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM

The limo almost won!

dave-flames
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM

Best match ever!!
Shame he didn't do a jackhammer though!

Kashdinero
11-02-2010, 02:47 AM
The limo almost won!

The limo may have lost the battle but it definitely won the war!

Time to fix a window? Half a morning tops!

Time to heal an arm resembling shredded beetroot? Half a year minimum!