PDA

View Full Version : ROH DVDS that are worth buying

rya666
03-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi I am currently looking to expand my ROH DVD collection and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions

supergoing
03-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Refer to this post (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?6261-Indy-DVDs&p=132965&viewfull=1#post132965) I made a while ago on my old handle. (ignore the stuff about PWG and CZW and whatever though, obv.)

As an update to that,

- 2011 shows: Best in the World, DBDIX and the aforementioned Honor Takes Center Stage shows. Avoid anything else, it was kind of a shitty year.

- Ignore the Punk vs. Joe II recommendation, I believe you can buy their trilogy of matches as a set now. Might just be part of their website subscription package though.

- Speaking of that, DON'T subscribe to their website. The on demand video you get isn't really worth it.

- They have some fucking awesome looking compilation DVDs on sale nowadays - a Summer of Punk one, Bryan Danielson, Kevin Steen, Chris Hero, EEEE, Briscoes. Consider getting some of those featuring the wrestlers you mark for.

Robareid
03-29-2012, 02:22 AM
Refer to this post (http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?6261-Indy-DVDs&p=132965&viewfull=1#post132965) I made a while ago on my old handle. (ignore the stuff about PWG and CZW and whatever though, obv.)

As an update to that,

- 2011 shows: Best in the World, DBDIX and the aforementioned Honor Takes Center Stage shows. Avoid anything else, it was kind of a shitty year.

- Ignore the Punk vs. Joe II recommendation, I believe you can buy their trilogy of matches as a set now. Might just be part of their website subscription package though.

- Speaking of that, DON'T subscribe to their website. The on demand video you get isn't really worth it.

- They have some fucking awesome looking compilation DVDs on sale nowadays - a Summer of Punk one, Bryan Danielson, Kevin Steen, Chris Hero, EEEE, Briscoes. Consider getting some of those featuring the wrestlers you mark for.

From 2011 I also enjoyed ROH Revolution Canada aswell and Northern Aggression got some good reviews though I'm yet to watch either of the Carolina events