PDA

View Full Version : Blood at Mania?

derrrr01
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Now I've never been too upset with WWE cutting blood from matches completely, but I was thinking if they were ever gonna bring it back, or even just use it on VERY special occasions, should this years Wrestlmania be that occasion. To me there are actually a few matches that I could see blood being believable in.

Obviously HHH vs. Taker being the one it would make most sense in. These guys have already had had 2 incredibly physical Mania encounters, and are focusing this match around ending careers, and Era's(obviously the Attitude era, where blood was a regular part of matches). I feel a blood Taker, or HHH, or even both would just make this match that much better.

Rock vs. Cena. Now I know this match isn't supposed to be hardcore, and I feel there's no chance there will actually be blood, but with the rivalry they're building up supposed to be so epic, blood could be a nice touch.

Punk vs. Y2J. This one would be next to the HIAC match, the most logical match to use blood. Punk being pissed about Jericho's comments on his family, so just beating the hell out of Y2J at some point in the match to a point where he busts him open.

Thoughts please.

Krysys
03-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Blood is not needed, and the only blood that should be involved is real blood, no blade job or anything like that. If someone bleeds let it be because he actually got busted open

Tommy Thunder
03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
This thread has been done before here. Couldn't find it, but it has been posted before.

Anyway, to answer:

HIAC match
I think we'll see it all. Blood, chair shots to the head (like Taker and HHH did last year) the lot. It will happen. Why? Because it's HHH and Undertaker. They'll let those 2 do whatever they want.

Rock vs Cena
No chance. there's no need for it, so it won't happen.

Jericho vs Punk
Again, not really any need for it. Yes it's personal, but I can't see it happening.

I'll be honest, apart from the HIAC match, any blood that we'll see will be accidental blood. WWE have stopped that silly thing they did of stopping matches to patch up any blood now, and they just let the match play out. So with that said, any blood that we see at Mania will be accidental cuts and bruises that the wrestlers get naturally.
The only possible exception could be the HIAC match. but again, I expect that it'll just be accidental blood we'll see there. No artificial stuff like we've seen in the past, and certainly no blading.

Blinker
03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
I can go along with blood in the HITC match, but not the other two. Since the other two are not a no dq or hardcore match, I don't see it happening. I always thought of blood as a easy reaction gimmick. I'm not saying I don't like seeing blood, but the only times I really think the blood makes sense is when the wrestlers are prohibited from using their full moveset (ie. HITC) or it's an extreme match. Since The Undertaker and HHH are getting a older, they seem to have slowed down some and blood would be a good way to get the crowd to react to the match and make it appear serious. I don't see Punk/Jericho or Rock/Cena going with blood because they can pull off all the moves and bring the crowd in with out a "cheap" gimmick (I like to think of the Punk/Cena MitB match as an example).

For me:
Undertaker/HHH = Yes
Punk/Jericho = No
Rock/Cena = No

deadly56
03-26-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think their would be any blood at mania, but like everyone's saying if it had to happen it would be for HHH, and Taker. If Orton, and Kane were going to have a no dq or last man standing basically any type of extream match, it would be suitable for them. Their maybe not have had such a great build up, but they seem like the sort of guys that can make the match serious, and blood would be useful for them.

derrrr01
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I can go along with blood in the HITC match, but not the other two. Since the other two are not a no dq or hardcore match, I don't see it happening. I always thought of blood as a easy reaction gimmick. I'm not saying I don't like seeing blood, but the only times I really think the blood makes sense is when the wrestlers are prohibited from using their full moveset (ie. HITC) or it's an extreme match. Since The Undertaker and HHH are getting a older, they seem to have slowed down some and blood would be a good way to get the crowd to react to the match and make it appear serious. I don't see Punk/Jericho or Rock/Cena going with blood because they can pull off all the moves and bring the crowd in with out a "cheap" gimmick (I like to think of the Punk/Cena MitB match as an example).

For me:
Undertaker/HHH = Yes
Punk/Jericho = No
Rock/Cena = No
Yeah, I was mainly making this thread to suggest it in the HIAC match, and don't really see it happening in the other 2 matches,(at all to be honest). But as I said earlier, it would be convincing with that match, also it would be a breath of fresh air, as HIAC matches are less of a chance for 2 people who don't like each other getting the chance to beat the hell out of each other, to a normal wrestling match with a few throws into the cage, along with a facegrind here and there.

URATOOL
03-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Unless Flair is the final member of Team Johnny I doubt it.

lewism173
03-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Blading has always been a bad idea anyway the ways's ric flair is still doing it is too far and is one thing that eventually killed eddie