PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Ric Flair just retire...?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-21-2010, 11:02 AM
This deserves a topic all on its own.

This guy got one of the grestest send offs in professional wrestling, got inducted into the hall of fame, had a great storyline and an awesome final match with HBK to culminate it - and he STILL chooses to continue to wrestle. Why?? Just retire already and stay at home. Seriously. We all know his body can't take much more. If he is suffering financially, then he should have become a backstage manager for WWE. He can get paid well just doing that.

To me, it is such a slap in the face for all WWE has done for him, it is ridiculous.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-21-2010, 11:15 AM
for me he should have stayed retired he probs got the best ever wrestling send off but couldnt stay away from in ring action being a manager should be all he does in wrestling just now lets hope he doesnt anymore and stays fortune's leader

westy
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Because he is a wrestling GOD and how can you kill off or destroy a GOD :) Did you start this post after watching the Triple H video. I've just seen that and they mentioned this, so good idea to start a post on it.

Ric Flair has grown on me more and more, he has become on of my all time favourites, I think the state of wrestling right now, he and a few others are the only reason why I still watch.

I have no idea why Flair is wrestling and I was going to start a poll with a few answers as to why.

But he loves the industry, he is helping TNA big time, the guys is a Legend, they have the UK tour named after his Woooo phrase.

He doesn't wrestle much now but when he does it's always to put others over, he is very entertaining, great on the mic, and brilliant to watch. There are some that have retired and thank god, but Flair I have no problem with still going on. I think people should give him a lot more credit and respect to be doing what he's doing at his age. I hope he has a few more years left.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-21-2010, 11:24 AM
i like flairs promos yeah cause hes a fuckin mad man lol but i dont want to see him wrestle anymore same with hogan it wasnt that long ago he couldnt give to shits about tna flair or didnt have a clue what it was lol

westy
08-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah he does go mad sometimes, well most the time actually and says some of the funniest things.

How TNA are using him right now is just right, not too much and not too little.

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Why won't Flair retire? Well, because.... HE IS A WRESTLING GOD!!! HE IS WHO EVERYBODY LOOKS UP TO!!! AND HE WILL NEVER RETIRE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

But seriously? Because he needs the money, he needs the fame, and he just can't let go of doing what he loves most, what he lives for. I personally don't think he should retire, I just think he should just stop wrestling!! He can stay in the business as long as he wants as far as I'm concerned, as long as he stops wrestling!! It's a pitiful sight to see him in the pants and boots nowadays, compared to how I remember him when I was young...

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Flair has more ex wives than Henry VIII he needs the constant flow of cash to keep everybody happy.

djsoulslayer
08-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Flair's TNA promos have been great! But I do agree after the send-off he received from HBK and the WWE on the "Grandest Stage of them All", Why join TNA and tarnish it? If Flair wasn't ready to unlace the boots he should have just told the WWE how he felt and if they couldn't come to an understanding then he should have left for TNA.

Belzova
08-26-2010, 03:56 AM
I think it had something to do with 'money issues' that caused ole' Rickity Flair to lace up them old boots of his again.

westy
08-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Well if it is to do with money then damm! He has been around soooo long. What could he possibly need the money for, unless he has wasted it, but over a 40 year career that must be a lot of money.

Well as long as he keeps up the great work then I will watch for sure, Flair is great!

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-26-2010, 08:00 AM
If I read this a year ago I'd be in total agreement with it, since the end of Evolution I've wanted Ric to call it a day, infact, it would have been best all round for him to call it a day when WCW folded, however he stuck around and struck Gold with Evolution so fair play to him in that respect, however, since he went to TNA, a move I was dead against, Naitch has produced some of the best promo work he has delivered since his first run in the WWF in 1991/92, alright, he shouldn't get in the ring, but as a mouthpiece I feel that he still has an active role in the company and still has a big part to play.

So I'd be happy if he didn't retire as long as he stays out of the ring.

westy
08-26-2010, 09:28 AM
If I read this a year ago I'd be in total agreement with it, since the end of Evolution I've wanted Ric to call it a day, infact, it would have been best all round for him to call it a day when WCW folded, however he stuck around and struck Gold with Evolution so fair play to him in that respect, however, since he went to TNA, a move I was dead against, Naitch has produced some of the best promo work he has delivered since his first run in the WWF in 1991/92, alright, he shouldn't get in the ring, but as a mouthpiece I feel that he still has an active role in the company and still has a big part to play.

So I'd be happy if he didn't retire as long as he stays out of the ring.

Yes, I agree, when Naitch is on screen, I sit up, take notice and get ready for something crazy to happen. He puts so much into his promos, I don't think anyone can disagree with that. His veins start to bulge, he sweats, he bleeds, he really deserves his money at the end of the night.

naes4115
08-26-2010, 10:14 AM
if flair should retire shouldnt undertaker

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
08-26-2010, 03:25 PM
if flair should retire shouldnt undertaker

Possibly but why should one have any bearing on the other, there is a WWE section for discussions of an Undertaker retirement thread

SilverGhost
08-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Because he is the Nature boy!!!! WOOOO! -spazzes out with woo's- To be the man WOOOO you got to beat the man!!!!!!! -throws down suit jacket and elbow drops it-

jwt15
08-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Because he is still great on the mic and he can still go in the ring (see the Leathal/Flair PPV match.) He is in the best shape I've seen him since 03 and he is going to get Dixie to his Hotel Room sooner or later :p

eyehatecena
08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
He just needs to stick to promos now- he has always been his best when he is on the mic. His wrestling days should be a thing of the past. He is asking to get hurt anytime he gets in the ring for action.

westy
08-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Ric Flair won't retire while he has wrestling fans out there who still want to see him. He is with TNA and they certainly want him, so much in fact that they will extend his contract and pay more to have him on screen. Flair is getting better with age, like wine!

shanethewolf
08-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I've always felt Ric was overrated and I'm sick of hearing the same old promo about respect, hearing him talk about Harley Race, Briscoes and all his other old friends. He delivered that same crap almost every week on WCW, shouting and taking his coat off. It got old real fast.

I could live with it back then, but I've come to hate him in recent years. He's an attention wh0re who steals the spotlight from young, hard working, talented guys who are giving their all, then he tries to take credit for putting them over. After going back on his retirement he became quite pitiful to me and I'm repulsed by him wrestling almost as much as I am by Mae Young.

TNA 'The very best'
09-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Kazarian, Douglas Williams, Matt Morgan, he is there to make people stars and put them over. Even AJ, look how much he has changed since Jan. I watched him in promo's from his time in the front line and he has improved a million times. He should give up and he did have the best send off ever, I was at wrestlemania to see his final match and I'm a little pissed that he went back on his word as i thought i saw history in the making but hey, how can you give up something you've done all your life. and if he only wrestles from time to time, he's guna bring in the money from the build ups alone.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I think it had something to do with 'money issues' that caused ole' Rickity Flair to lace up them old boots of his again.

Lol! Nature boy!! WOOO!!!!!!! -woos uncontrollably and falls down on the floor Ric Flair style-

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsySAoyUSbc&p=72CA443BC214E7CA&playnext=1&index=73

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDMzj1tc44

Kurt and Ric wooing off!

crazyj11
09-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Why won't Flair retire? Well, because.... HE IS A WRESTLING GOD!!! HE IS WHO EVERYBODY LOOKS UP TO!!! AND HE WILL NEVER RETIRE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!.

JBL was a "wrestling god" but he retired.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
JBL was a "wrestling god" but he retired.

Ric Flair>JBL

Flair is the real wrestling god. -grabs microphone and woos at your face- xD

Monkey_Mania
09-24-2010, 03:31 AM
The real reason he doesn't retire boils down to two things. He needs money, and he's just too fucking good at what he does. Whenever he's on screen magic happens. It's odd too. I've enjoyed him much more in TNA than I did in the WWE. You know why? Because now he truly can be the nature boy again. He doesn't quit because he shits gold, and pisses Cristal champagne.