PDA

View Full Version : No One Will Agree

aloisick
03-22-2012, 11:41 AM
The Best Football Player i have ever seen is the divine ponytail, roberto baggio

He had the ball on a string at times and in my opinion a lot more people would agree with me if (starts to sob) he didnt miss That Penalty

Tommy Thunder
03-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Well i can agree that he was an exceptional footballer, but i wouldn't say he's the best ever. Although that missed penalty takes nothing away from him IMO. That was just a freak miss, just in the same way you see other good players miss penalties from time to time. It just happened at an unfortunate time for him.

But he is without doubt up there with the best ever.

Subject Zero
03-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Maradona, Cryuff, Best, Zidane and Messi say hello

pauadrian
03-22-2012, 12:12 PM
not really
one of the best but not the best

Y2Jryder
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Baggio?????
JJ wil probably agree:D

Never saw him playing though

Daffy Duck's Finest
03-22-2012, 01:47 PM
He might be the best out and out Italian striker in history. But that's as far as I'll go with him.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Very good player but not even close to being the best IMO!
so many better players ahead of him but no doubting how good he was.

Steve Austin
03-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Maldini - Best Italian player.

I forgot about the pen for a minute, I've seen many games of his (Thank god I kept my VCR :p ) he was exceptional but there are quite a few better I'd say although I'm still not certain, I don't like to comment on who was best when I haven't seen enough of them, obviously I've seen some games and a load of people from that time have said Pele, Maradona and others but I stick with my era.

I'm going with Zidane as the greatest player of my time.

Y2Jryder
03-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Inzaghi is the best Italian player

Steve Austin
03-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Inzaghi is the best Italian player

I'd have to disagree there, always liked Inzaghi though, great player :)

I used to pretend to be Christian Vieri when playing football, seemed like a good time to mention it :p

Subject Zero
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM

Defiantly the best player of my generation but i have a feeling if the predictions are true about Messi and he continues the way he is Messi will become the worlds greatest by a long way.

Maldini is also IMO the best Italian player of all time and the greatest defender of all time.

Steve Austin
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Defiantly the best player of my generation but i have a feeling if the predictions are true about Messi and he continues the way he is Messi will become the worlds greatest by a long way.

Maldini is also IMO the best Italian player of all time and the greatest defender of all time.

Yeah Messi is crazy good, I love watching him and Barca.

Zidane was out of this world, no one cares for the bad moments when it's a great player, Baggio's pen miss has nothing to do with his rating when it comes to the best, Zidane's last moment was shocking and he's still remembered as one of the best!

Yeah Maldini was great, even in his final few years of playing!

Y2Jryder
03-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd have to disagree there, always liked Inzaghi though, great player :)

I used to pretend to be Christian Vieri when playing football, seemed like a good time to mention it :pYou know I was kidding right?:p Inzaghi isn't a great player, he still don't know the offside rule, but he manages to be on the right place and the right time always.

And I forgot to mention that he's a hero:D

VanHooliganX
03-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Maldini - Best Italian player.

I forgot about the pen for a minute, I've seen many games of his (Thank god I kept my VCR :p ) he was exceptional but there are quite a few better I'd say although I'm still not certain, I don't like to comment on who was best when I haven't seen enough of them, obviously I've seen some games and a load of people from that time have said Pele, Maradona and others but I stick with my era.

I agree with Steve.

Baggio was great. But never the best.

Baseball have Babe Ruth
Basketball have Michael Jordan
Football has Pele.

JSullivan
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Baggio was VERY good, but not one of 'the best' i'd say.

Steve Austin
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
You know I was kidding right?:p Inzaghi isn't a great player, he still don't know the offside rule, but he manages to be on the right place and the right time always.

And I forgot to mention that he's a hero:D

No I didn't, I never know if you're joking, you think Ajax are still good :D

Jay T
03-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Baggio was an enigma,don't think he did enough to be classed as "one" of the all time greats but when he was good he was amazing to watch.

Best Italian player for me was Franco Baresi.Everyone seems to forget about Mr milan because of maldini.

Pumpkinhead
03-24-2012, 09:50 AM
He's one of the best but not the best, I agree that penalty doesn't takes anything from him but it's shame he missed it

Y2Jryder
03-24-2012, 12:03 PM
No I didn't, I never know if you're joking, you think Ajax are still good :D
Screw you, 2nd place:D Liverpool who?