PDA

View Full Version : Gta V

AreYaSerious
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I know it's not out yet, but I thought I would get some excitement about GTA V, because it looks really awesome.

Just watch the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZ5tgjPVfU

Feel free to post your thoughts and expectations about GTA V.

Wade Barrett 1979
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Outside of Footy Manager, this is the only game I play religiously, at least once a week!

Tommy Thunder
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
If it's anything as good as GTA 4, then I'll be happy. I've watched that trailer several times since they released it, and I'm very excited for it!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Can't wait either mate! :D should be another good game from Rockstar!

so far they have been really tight lipped on any information about the game and have said they will not talk about it in too much detail untill Max Payne 3 is released! Here is a little something they said though:

We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.
A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.

Subject Zero
03-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Damn i was hoping for a female lead.

Oh well.

AreYaSerious
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Outside of Footy Manager, this is the only game I play religiously, at least once a week!

Has GTA 5 already been released over there?

supergoing
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Same old shit, different city, better graphics, more inane minigames

The series peaked at Vice City IMO

Krysys
03-19-2012, 02:43 PM
If GTA wants to survive they need to add something, not sure what but something new that will make them stand out

Wade Barrett 1979
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Has GTA 5 already been released over there?

I meant GTA in general! Mainly San Andreas!

Bodom
03-19-2012, 06:42 PM

Pretty much this.

pauadrian
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM

I agree I hate the hype about GTA when its the same game except for a new city

Tomsta666
03-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Big GTA fanboy here, so yeah i'm stoked for this definately. But also kinda gotta agree with the cynics. GTAIV story was quality no doubt, but the inane minigames trying to keep your friends happy let it down... a lot. They made up for it though with the Lost and Damned and Gay Tony DLCs. Enjoyed those a lot. I gotta say though... Red Dead Redemption was A HELL OF A LOT better than GTAIV!

As for Vice City being the peak, San Andreas blew that shit right out of the water ;)

pauadrian
03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Big GTA fanboy here, so yeah i'm stoked for this definately. But also kinda gotta agree with the cynics. GTAIV story was quality no doubt, but the inane minigames trying to keep your friends happy let it down... a lot. They made up for it though with the Lost and Damned and Gay Tony DLCs. Enjoyed those a lot. I gotta say though... Red Dead Redemption was A HELL OF A LOT better than GTAIV though!

As for Vice City being the peak, San Andreas blew that shit right out of the water ;)
never liked GTA I seriously dont know why I bothered to play GTA IV

Tommy Thunder
03-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Big GTA fanboy here, so yeah i'm stoked for this definately. But also kinda gotta agree with the cynics. GTAIV story was quality no doubt, but the inane minigames trying to keep your friends happy let it down... a lot. They made up for it though with the Lost and Damned and Gay Tony DLCs. Enjoyed those a lot. I gotta say though... Red Dead Redemption was A HELL OF A LOT better than GTAIV!

Bolded for truth. To say that the series peaked with Vice City is ridiculous IMO. San Andreas was a HELL of a lot better, and IMO, GTA4 was better than that.
I can't wait for GTA5. Yeah, it'll probably be "the same old shit, different city", but that's what I like about it. Why change a winning formula?

CM Rock-Austin
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Bolded for truth. To say that the series peaked with Vice City is ridiculous IMO. San Andreas was a HELL of a lot better, and IMO, GTA4 was better than that.
I can't wait for GTA5. Yeah, it'll probably be "the same old shit, different city", but that's what I like about it. Why change a winning formula?
Exactly!! Can't wait for this game to hit the shelves, I am guessing it comes out late this year or early next year.

Krysys
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Exactly!! Can't wait for this game to hit the shelves, I am guessing it comes out late this year or early next year.

I may get heat for this but

Saints Row The Third > GTAIV

supergoing
03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
The sucky second island, those stupid stamina/breath/fat/etc meters (YOU NEED FOOD CJ~) and that motherfucking flight school really soured me on SA. It's still a great game though.

Vice City has the coolest aesthetic, the funnest missions, and free enough from annoyances and pointless bullshit to make it timeless. The only thing I actively hate about VC is that it's too easy overall.

GTA IV (while I'm at it) almost bordered into the "awful" territory for me. Not sure why, I guess I must ahve slipped out of the target audience somewhere down the line - the developers sort of went with "realism" and "more content", whereas I was looking for "cartoony" and "simplicity". (as in design, not difficulty. I'm not a total wuss) I'm afraid HD and playing darts with my cousin Roman doesn't quite cut it for this guy~

I do readily admit that I only played it for about 5 hours though, which I guess is nothing for a GTA game. Perhaps it's all my own shortcomings, and I would've got more out of it if I stuck with it... although... no, fuck that, why would I even bother carrying on with something I've not been that keen after five hours? It's a video game, not a degree in Economics. A lot of my friends had similar thoughts, and couldn't be arsed investing the time either. The one guy I know who completed really swears by the "awesomeness" of the DLC, though.

VanHooliganX
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM

I agree as well. GTA has COD (or FIFA/Madden) syndrome. Same game but with little changes or a new system for a certain thing in the game.

Shame cause I absolutely loved GTA 3 and Vice City.

I may get heat for this but

Saints Row The Third > GTAIV

You shouldn't get heat for it. It's the truth. SR3 basically went for fun factor than seriousness and it has a lot of fun things to do.
Whilst GTA4 gets a tad boring after a while, with only the story dragging it in the later hours of playing it.

pauadrian
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I agree as well. GTA has COD (or FIFA/Madden) syndrome. Same game but with little changes or a new system for a certain thing in the game.

Shame cause I absolutely loved GTA 3 and Vice City.

You shouldn't get heat for it. It's the truth. SR3 basically went for fun factor than seriousness and it has a lot of fun things to do.
Whilst GTA4 gets a tad boring after a while, with only the story dragging it in the later hours of playing it.

I agree with all of this

Y2Jryder
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
I want it all in GTA V, just like in SA!:D
San Andreas was the best GTA game. I like GTA IV though, but I prefer bigger maps, more vehicles, and AIRPLANES!:D

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM

That's the truth right there!! Well said lads.. :) #TeamGTA!

Sully
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I loved all of them except GTA 3, I never played that one...the graphics were just a little too bad for me. I think it was about 2004 when I first got a hold of it, and for some reason I just couldn't do it. Plus there were no cut scenes either.

supergoing
03-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Poor graphics is almost never a legitimate criticism IMHO*

I kinda know what you mean though, GTAIII had aged pretty badly in every aspect even by the time Vice City was released. I've always thought most of the third island missions were kinda shitty and fake-hard, too.

* - Unless they were truly Godawful at the time of release, which GTAIII wasn't. It's only major issue is the general "fogginess" compared to the other games, which I assume has something to do with the PS2's processing power.

Subject Zero
03-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Poor graphics is almost never a legitimate criticism IMHO*

* - Unless they were truly Godawful at the time of release, which GTAIII wasn't. It's only major issue is the general "fogginess" compared to the other games, which I assume has something to do with the PS2's processing power.

Yeah i kinda agree with this, graphics can look dated with alot of games and although you can slate a game for bad graphics you cant say the whole game is bad because of it.

The only exception IMO are if the game makes you feel sick either by giving you headaches or makes you feel dizzy.

supergoing
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
The only exception IMO are if the game makes you feel sick either by giving you headaches or makes you feel dizzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4EFNWe4mCc

KJ PUNK
03-23-2012, 01:30 PM
I've been done with GTA since SA. They bore me to death now. I rented (remember those?) GTA4 and stopped playing it after a day or so. They just can't hold my interest anymore.

Sully
03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
They could never bore me. Really, the only really bad thing about GTA 4 was the voice actors. Don't get me wrong, the voice actors still did a fantastic job, but I didn't no anyone.

Vice City had some great ones, I mean they were chalk full of them. Ray Liotta, Tom Sizemore, Danny Trejo, Gary Busey, Burt Reynolds. All of them in one game.

Then San Andreas had Samuel L. Jackson, Andy Dick, David Cross, James Woods, Chris Penn, they've even got Axl Rose in there.

It's obvious that they really avoided spending money on voice actors in GTA 4, and that's quite a disappointment.

Sully
03-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Can I get another opinion on this? I'd like to know if anyone else is moderately disappointed with the lack of voice actor talent in Grand Theft Auto 4, compared to the other two big releases.

Also, on a side note, has anyone played the other games? Vice City Stories, or Liberty City Stories? I really enjoyed Vice City Stories, very nice to go back to that city, with a pretty underrated storyline. If you haven't played it yet, and you're a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games, I suggest doing it. You play as Lance's brother about 6 months before the events of the first Vice City story takes place.

Tommy Thunder
03-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Can I get another opinion on this? I'd like to know if anyone else is moderately disappointed with the lack of voice actor talent in Grand Theft Auto 4, compared to the other two big releases.

Also, on a side note, has anyone played the other games? Vice City Stories, or Liberty City Stories? I really enjoyed Vice City Stories, very nice to go back to that city, with a pretty underrated storyline. If you haven't played it yet, and you're a fan of the Grand Theft Auto games, I suggest doing it. You play as Lance's brother about 6 months before the events of the first Vice City story takes place.

Didn't bother me one bit. The voices cast suited the characters, and that's all that matters to me. I actually prefer it when they keep high profile actors out of games, since I'm then not imagining the actor in the game, and instead, I just see the character. I like having one big name in a game, but more than that I'm not a fan of personally.

I've heard good things about Liberty city Stories: the Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned. Both have been well received, and I will be getting them eventually.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Didn't bother me one bit. The voices cast suited the characters, and that's all that matters to me. I actually prefer it when they keep high profile actors out of games, since I'm then not imagining the actor in the game, and instead, I just see the character. I like having one big name in a game, but more than that I'm not a fan of personally.

I've heard good things about Liberty city Stories: the Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned. Both have been well received, and I will be getting them eventually.

Both of these i got and enjoyed.. so yeah i would rate them highly to any fan of GTA.

As for the voice acting im pretty much in agreement with Tommy, as long as the voice suits the character then im happy! :)

Sully
03-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I like my actors though, and it always makes the game that much more special when a big name is in there that I like. I'd love for Robert De Niro to be the big boss man in one of the next Grand Theft Autos.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I like my actors though, and it always makes the game that much more special when a big name is in there that I like. I'd love for Robert De Niro to be the big boss man in one of the next Grand Theft Autos.

Don't get me wrong dude, if i heard his voice as one of the bosses it would be amazing! but it's one of those things where if it happens then cool and if it dont then im not boverd. :)

Tommy Thunder
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Like I say, having one well known guy as a voice actor is cool, but I'm not a fan of loading games full of a star studded cast. I'd rather the developers spend money on the quality of the game.

Tomsta666
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Samuel L Jackson, Chris Penn, Peter Fonda, James Woods and David Cross. All Fairly well known actors. All did voice overs for San Andreas. All gave life to their respective characters, could you imagine Tenpenny, Pulouski, The Truth, Toreno or Zero voiced by anyone else? ;)

Sully
03-27-2012, 05:12 AM
I think I actually remember a thing with the guys who voiced Niko and Roman, complaining about how underpaid they were, compared to the money that all the Rockstar guys were making.

Shining Light
03-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm just looking forward to flying the planes if that's added back in :)

I missed that shit in GTA 4

Sully
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Lol yeah, but if they had planes in Liberty city, some asshole would probably fly into the two big towers in the middle, and then put it on Youtube.

Shining Light
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Lol yeah, but if they had planes in Liberty city, some asshole would probably fly into the two big towers in the middle, and then put it on Youtube.

Dickheads. I hated people who did it on San Andreas :)

stone cold bruiser brody
09-25-2012, 03:07 AM
I loved all of them except GTA 3, I never played that one...the graphics were just a little too bad for me. I think it was about 2004 when I first got a hold of it, and for some reason I just couldn't do it. Plus there were no cut scenes either.
WTF? Yeah there were. Here are a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1bWQgOWhlA&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hW3HjyiNmE&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7yVIi0eU3Y&feature=player_detailpage

lewism173
04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Heres my opinions on the GTA 5 Trailers released today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi7oXi5eRD0
whats yours ?

Mr Punk
05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
I haven't been as excited for a game since the buildup to Gears of War 3. I'm gonna spend soo much time playing GTA 5. Game also looks fantastic.

akbar
05-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Fifa and GTA are the only games I play regularly so definitely excited about this.

Bodom
05-13-2013, 10:18 AM
The trailers look cool, but I'm having a hard time getting excited for this.

Mainly because of how god awful the controls for GTA4 were. Damn near unplayable.

BennyTheBall
05-13-2013, 10:23 AM
The trailers look cool, but I'm having a hard time getting excited for this.

Mainly because of how god awful the controls for GTA4 were. Damn near unplayable.

I liked GTA 4, but I didn't love it like I did the others. For a start, the game was far too dark and if you played it during the day, you couldn't see shit without having to turn up the brightness on your TV.

I also couldn't associate with Niko. There was no connection like with previous games. Whilst playing this game, I kinda kept on thinking to myself "Yeah, but why is he doing this? He doesn't have to do the crime thing" as opposed to say CJ or Tommy.

If you combined Vice City & San Andreas, that would have been an amazing game. I'm looking forward to 5 and I am very hopeful that it is an imporvement on 4.

Tommy Thunder
07-09-2013, 09:35 AM
New gameplay video for GTA5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMyv-BH-bg8
(this isn't the full version)

I'm even more excited that I was before for this now.

Vandarius
07-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Full gameplay video of GTAV here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

I was extremely excited until I heard one piece of information ...

Grand Theft Auto V will NOT have a PC version ... :c

Tommy Thunder
07-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Full gameplay video of GTAV here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

I was extremely excited until I heard one piece of information ...

Grand Theft Auto V will NOT have a PC version ... :c

Actually, they haven't decided yet. Rockstar are considering releasing the game for PC and Wii U. I expect that it will be on the PC for sure.

Iron Ape
07-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Actually, they haven't decided yet. Rockstar are considering releasing the game for PC and Wii U. I expect that it will be on the PC for sure.
Though I doubt it will happen, I'd LOVE for them to release the game on Wii U. The Gamepad was practically made for games like this.

Wade Barrett 1979
07-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Between this and The Last of Us, this generation is certainly looking to be going out on a huge high.

TheJosephBanks
07-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Oh God.

I was so... so.. so happy watching that GP trailer.

Iron Ape
07-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Word on the street is that Rockstar are using Max Payne 3's cover and shooting mechanics for GTA V. For me, this is probably the best piece of news thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UMSdISbISik

SilverGhost
08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Who here is hyped for this game? :)

Wade Barrett 1979
08-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Who here is hyped for this game? :)

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/0/2/4/2/9/5/0/damn-straight-43659033712.jpeg

Iron Ape
08-30-2013, 02:05 PM
After the insane fun of the audacious and completely idiotic Saints Row 4, I could certainly go for something grounded and a little more cerebral. So, yeah- I'm pretty jazzed for GTA V.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I just want it for the online mode. I loved the online mode for GTA IV. The rockstar zombie was so cool to play as.

Iron Ape
08-30-2013, 10:05 PM
I honestly never played the online mode for GTA IV. I don't know if it's the product of being an only child or what, but I'm just all about the single-player. Like, I own hundreds of games that have online features that I've never even bothered utilizing simply because playing with strangers doesn't interest me in the slightest. And everyone tells me how much I'm missing out on, but I just can't be bothered to bring myself to do any of that stuff. It's strange.

SilverGhost
08-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Doesn't hurt to try, right?

Iron Ape
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
It doesn't hurt, no. But when you have a 100+ backlog of single-player games that you actually want to experience, there just isn't a whole lot of time left for the stuff that doesn't interest you, you know?

PSOjedi
09-09-2013, 08:24 AM
I think I will finish Saints row IV this week, and I don't have another game to play before the Xbox One comes out !!!! I wanted to wait for the Xbox One version of GTA5 next year but I have the feeling that I will buy it in a few days because I really want to play it. Damn !

Tomsta666
09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Pre-ordered the collectors edition :) Hopefully it arrives on or before the 17th :)

Tomsta666
09-09-2013, 08:57 AM
I honestly never played the online mode for GTA IV. I don't know if it's the product of being an only child or what, but I'm just all about the single-player. Like, I own hundreds of games that have online features that I've never even bothered utilizing simply because playing with strangers doesn't interest me in the slightest. And everyone tells me how much I'm missing out on, but I just can't be bothered to bring myself to do any of that stuff. It's strange.

It not strange at all mate, i'm exactly the same. Online competitive play doesn't interest me in the slightest either. I'm a guy who's bought Call of Duty in the past solely for the campaign. When they introduced tacked on multiplayer into one of my favourite series this gen, 'Assassin's Creed' I lost a little respect for it :rolleyes: Being the massive achievement whore I am though, I have ventured into competitive online before and it's nothing but 'bang-your-head-against-a-wall' frustration. I just don't get the "playing with strangers" thing either. Why would I want to share my fun with random douches and kids :p Co-op online is a thing I can get behind though, and can be a lot of fun :p

That said, I'll be giving the competitive part of GTA V a wide birth, but will have a go at the co-op side :)

PSOjedi
09-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I can't believe that in 5 days I will be playing GTA V on my 360 !!!

Keith_Stone
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
Well I have to say that I do enjoy me some GTA, and I can't wait to play sweet number V when it comes out next week!

PSOjedi
09-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Sunday : Night of Champions
Monday : RAW
Tuesday : GTA V

:cool:

Tommy Thunder
09-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Well, the early reviews are pretty unanimous. This game is going to rock our socks off.

K-Jammin
09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
I'll be one of the nerds lining up in Tesco's at midnight tonight :rolleyes: Not long to go!

SilverGhost
09-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Well, the early reviews are pretty unanimous. This game is going to rock our socks off.

Thanks Rockstar! :D

Tommy Thunder
09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
I'll be one of the nerds lining up in Tesco's at midnight tonight :rolleyes: Not long to go!

I live too far from Tescos to go there myself now :(
Plus I'm still waiting for the deposit from my last house to be given back to me, and that's the money I'm going to buy it with :(

Thanks Rockstar! :D

I see what you did there!

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Ya' know... At first I was not so crazy about the game but now that I am watching a little bit of a walkthrough that somebody uploaded on to youtube it seems like something I could play for hours. The controls and the switch between characters just comes off very smooth to me at first glance. Definitely on my list of games to buy!

akbar
09-16-2013, 05:17 PM
I only do that once a year and it's for FIFA. My Uni loan comes next week, so I can wait till then for GTA :D

Tomsta666
09-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm going to be sat in our bay window all day waiting for the UPS man :o Hopefully I don't have too long a wait!

K-Jammin
09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
As I was waiting in a line of about 60 other people these 4 teen chav girls in hoodies and trackies shouted "Why don't you get a life!" Whilst drinking cheap cider. :rolleyes:

TTC
09-17-2013, 12:23 AM
Da Fuq?!?! There's a GTA V??? I just barely got GTA 1 for PS2.:(

bcfccalum
09-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Anyone been to get it and do an all nighter? Any feedback on how the game is so far?

Tommy Thunder
09-17-2013, 04:39 AM
As I was waiting in a line of about 60 other people these 4 teen chav girls in hoodies and trackies shouted "Why don't you get a life!" Whilst drinking cheap cider. :rolleyes:

Haha! Priceless!

CGBigMan
09-17-2013, 10:25 AM
i dont want it, but simultaneously i do want it, ahh decisions

bcfccalum
09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
i dont want it, but simultaneously i do want it, ahh decisions

anyone think on the off chance that it may still be in stock anywhere?

Wade Barrett 1979
09-17-2013, 08:07 PM
anyone think on the off chance that it may still be in stock anywhere?

Download it from the PS Store, no stock issues there.

Tomsta666
09-17-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm down for the Grove.

Tomsta666
09-17-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm always down!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CL6n0FJZpk

Tomsta666
09-17-2013, 09:42 PM
West Coast Classics radio is making me rediscover my past wigga phase! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXc39hT8t4

love it

Kashdinero
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM

Please tell me it was before midday.

bcfccalum
09-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Download it from the PS Store, no stock issues there.
Bought it from Asda on my way home from work. Probably takes up way too much space to get from the store. I only have the old 60GB ps3.

Still getting used to the Radio. I heard Gin & Juice yesterday which made me happy.

What does everyone think is the best station?

BennyTheBall
09-18-2013, 05:04 AM
So...after playing the game for an hour, I've come to the conclusion that CJ & Ryder are back in this game. :rolleyes:

bcfccalum
09-18-2013, 06:28 AM
So...after playing the game for an hour, I've come to the conclusion that CJ & Ryder are back in this game. :rolleyes:

I've noticed that Franklin is the same voice as CJ, who's Ryder? I hadnt noticed this yet

BennyTheBall
09-18-2013, 06:39 AM
I've noticed that Franklin is the same voice as CJ, who's Ryder? I hadnt noticed this yet

Lamar is a blatant carbon copy, and the dynamic between the two is the same as the CJ/Ryder relationship.

bcfccalum
09-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Lamar is a blatant carbon copy, and the dynamic between the two is the same as the CJ/Ryder relationship.

Im yet to see i guess, i've hardly played it much. Tonight im just gonna rinse it

Robstar
09-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Here's my take on it; the main thing is it's smoother, the transition from gameplay to cutscenes is seamless. The ability to switch between characters at will is a great feature and provides a decent amount of variety, instead of being stuck in one guys world all the time, you have the choice to chop and change if you want.
The explorable land seems bigger and there is simply much more to interact with than there was in the last edition. The driving is slightly more forgiving and cars more customizable. I also like the feature where you can improve player stats, like making them better drivers or flyers or marksmen.
The feature I like best is the quick save feature - now you can save it wherever you are. Having to make it back to safehouses in previous versions was a pain in the arse and I hated that. Mainly because my shit driving meant I either died or got into it with cops. ;)
Speaking of cops, there are very few, if any, on the roads until you do something serious. But if you are not wanted they just don't seem to be there, which works for me, because they are not there to crash into. The police detection radar is hugely helpful in getting away, not that it is easy though.
Other features are hunting mode, appearance altering with hair, beards, tattoos and wardrobe, your standard races, flying, parachuting etc.

I'm really enjoying it. Anyone else?

TheBeardOfZeus
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Here's my take on it; the main thing is it's smoother, the transition from gameplay to cutscenes is seamless. The ability to switch between characters at will is a great feature and provides a decent amount of variety, instead of being stuck in one guys world all the time, you have the choice to chop and change if you want.
The explorable land seems bigger and there is simply much more to interact with than there was in the last edition. The driving is slightly more forgiving and cars more customizable. I also like the feature where you can improve player stats, like making them better drivers or flyers or marksmen.
The feature I like best is the quick save feature - now you can save it wherever you are. Having to make it back to safehouses in previous versions was a pain in the arse and I hated that. Mainly because my shit driving meant I either died or got into it with cops. ;)
Speaking of cops, there are very few, if any, on the roads until you do something serious. But if you are not wanted they just don't seem to be there, which works for me, because they are not there to crash into. The police detection radar is hugely helpful in getting away, not that it is easy though.
Other features are hunting mode, appearance altering with hair, beards, tattoos and wardrobe, your standard races, flying, parachuting etc.

I'm really enjoying it. Anyone else?

I've just finished it tonight and it's fucking magnificent.

I can't wait for online tomorrow, my life will be complete.

Tomsta666
10-01-2013, 05:30 AM
It's a beautiful thing!

Wade Barrett 1979
10-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Teacher strikes today as GTA 5 online goes live. Coincidence? :eek:

PSOjedi
10-03-2013, 01:38 AM
once again, not able to play GTA online yesterday :(

Robstar
10-03-2013, 03:43 PM
So, I was at the end of the story mode of GTA V and there's a trick to easily getting Devin without any conflict. If anyone wants to know it, PM me. I won't spoil it here, unless nobody cares?

Robstar
10-03-2013, 03:44 PM
On another note, those sea missions are laboriously tedious!

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Robstar.. How long is the story mode? As long as the others or does it fall short?

Kashdinero
10-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Robstar.. How long is the story mode? As long as the others or does it fall short?

My brother completed the story mode with 79% after about three days, but that seemed a little obsessive. He didn't tell me how many hours sleep he had during that period ;)

akbar
10-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I've had the game for 5 days and I've only done like 12%.

I remember even at the beginning it took me 15 minutes to know how to duck behind the crates.

Robstar
10-03-2013, 06:13 PM
My brother and I played it together, sometimes he'd do some while I wasn't here or vice versa but mostly we'd work on it together and it took us about a week, but we did try to draw it out by doing as many side missions as possible before completing the last missions (we did rush through it at the start though, could have taken it slower!). That was an average of 6-8hrs a day, I think? We got to about 83% by the time we did the last main mission.

I can't say about how it compares in that regard TDA, because I haven't actually played any of them through to conclusion before! :/ You could easily draw it out for weeks if you wanted though. Depends how patient you are. But the good thing is you aren't rushed to do things RIGHT NOW you know? Missions will wait for you to get to them.

Now we're concentrating on the rest of the side missions and exploring trying to find all the bits of the letter and spaceship parts (roofs are key). Interesting to see buying properties triggers new missions being unlocked. Then there is finding stunt jumps, random missions helping people, hunting, flying and I don't even know what the hell the prison and air force base are there for! I haven't found that they play into it much apart from getting you shot if you get too close!

Cabers
10-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Don't have the game but this GTA Online business seems to be very negative so far!!

Robstar
10-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I won't be joining online until they iron out the kinks. New profile every time you log in? No thanks!

SESAfro
10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
"Are we gonna stop for some ice cream?"

Best. Line. Ever.

Shaz11
10-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Lol, Lamar has me creasing all the time.

Robstar
10-06-2013, 04:52 PM
My mancave is just out of reach of my wifi signal and although I can get on GTA online, I can't stay on. Time for a signal booster methinks.

PSOjedi
10-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Rockstar just killed my online save !
I have to create a new character now :mad:
I don't know if I will do it, but if I don't I have no game to play until Xbox One launch :eek:

Robstar
10-07-2013, 02:34 PM
That has been happening to everyone I hear. I just logged back out and in again until it found the original profile. Seems to work.

PSOjedi
10-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Nissan GT-R and I'm GOD !!!!! :cool:

bcfccalum
10-09-2013, 05:19 AM
I hear theres a casino on this one but i havent yet found it, anyone know if you can go in? I've also found the horseracing track, anyone know if it goes and whether you can bet on them?

Robstar
10-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I hear theres a casino on this one but i havent yet found it, anyone know if you can go in? I've also found the horseracing track, anyone know if it goes and whether you can bet on them?

Yeah i have seen Trevor outside of the casino but can never seem to find it after, don't know if you can go in. Managed to flip a car into the horse track and couldn't get out again! Which was problematic because I was on a job! I think places like this come into play online though

bcfccalum
10-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Yeah i have seen Trevor outside of the casino but can never seem to find it after, don't know if you can go in. Managed to flip a car into the horse track and couldn't get out again! Which was problematic because I was on a job! I think places like this come into play online though

Had a look last night and found it online. Cant go in however it does say coming soon so maybe you have to be a higher level/rank to go in? I hope so anyway, could be a fun little addition to feed the gambler inside me :p

Robstar
10-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Anyone who's interested, PM me your XBox gamertag so I can add you

Robstar
10-18-2013, 05:11 PM
Has anyone gotten the stimulus package paid yet?

Sully
10-19-2013, 12:13 PM
So I was racing, because to me I think it's the fastest and easiest way to make money. But anyway we were on the Criminal Records track, and I was killing them. First place by miles, in fact I'm pretty sure I may have even overlapped a guy. But it was five laps. So coming around lap five is when I realized that some douche player decided that he did not want to race. Instead he was simply going to troll, by drive backwards and running into whoever was coming his way. I tried to avoid him but I couldn't, I nailed him. Lost first place which was like a $10,0000 pot, and ended up finishing 7/8. I was fired up.

Has anyone gotten the stimulus package paid yet?

I think I read that they were going to delay it another week. Grr!

Robstar
10-19-2013, 02:27 PM
I'm hoping they get those saving issues sorted out quick. Kinda sucks but I don't get the level of anger in posts I see on the Rockstar site about people losing info. It's just a game! It also sucks that with the new update, all the prizemoney has been halved. :(

Sully
10-19-2013, 04:08 PM
I think a lot of the stuff with the money has to do with the micro-transactions. R* wants to make it as difficult as possible to earn money, so people will pay actual money in order to get it.

Robstar
10-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah that seems to be the motive here.

PSOjedi
10-21-2013, 06:24 AM
I think a lot of the stuff with the money has to do with the micro-transactions. R* wants to make it as difficult as possible to earn money, so people will pay actual money in order to get it.
That's why Rockstar, in their last patch, cut the $$ missions rewards by 30% to 50%

Robstar
11-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Strange how a voice can be so alluring. Since playing GTA V I have developed a weird crush on the girl in my sig.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Anyone still playing this?

Heard some news yesterday that Rockstar are going to continue the story's of Franklin, Michael & Trevor in 2014.

Great news! :)

Shining Light
12-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Anyone still playing this?

Heard some news yesterday that Rockstar are going to continue the story's of Franklin, Michael & Trevor in 2014.

Great news! :)

Trying to break into the military base keeps me playing it but glad to hear they're continuing the stories!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Trying to break into the military base keeps me playing it but glad to hear they're continuing the stories!

Ha! Nice :) I got in once I believe, sadly I was crashing a plane and didn't last too long if I remember correctly lol.

Bodom
12-23-2013, 08:15 PM
The Top Fun missions might be my favorite part about GTA Online.

Shining Light
12-29-2013, 07:15 AM
So me and Tom are cruising around in my car, when all of a sudden we both get a text saying that someone's given us $750,000 each

Nice :cool:

Robstar
01-16-2014, 02:16 PM
So me and Tom are cruising around in my car, when all of a sudden we both get a text saying that someone's given us $750,000 each

Nice :cool:

Looks like you might lose those funds - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52096/taking-aim-at-gta-online-cheaters.html

Shining Light
01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Looks like you might lose those funds - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52096/taking-aim-at-gta-online-cheaters.html

Spent all of mine as soon as I got it :p

bcfccalum
01-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Same thing happened to me, but i was given about 200 mil. Only spent a couple of million but before my PS3 broke :/

FakeSoldier/PhonyWrestler
01-16-2014, 05:14 PM
The Top Fun missions might be my favorite part about GTA Online.

As a former combat fighter pilot, those missions are incredibly realistic. But the network must know about my service because I think it's biased to make me more easily targetable.

bcfccalum
01-16-2014, 05:34 PM
As a former combat fighter pilot, those missions are incredibly realistic. But the network must know about my service because I think it's biased to make me more easily targetable.
What are the top fun missions?

thedag
01-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Same thing happened to me, but i was given about 200 mil. Only spent a couple of million but before my PS3 broke :/

some play gave me 600 million. kinda wrecked the game when you have no worries.

bcfccalum
01-17-2014, 06:09 AM

on the other hand though you can keep stocked up on weapons and not worry about your car and such. its frustrating when you have little to no ammo and have to keep paying to get your car back etc. Especially when you cant get anyone to do missions with you, so you have to keep robbing stores and selling cars for money

Tommy Thunder
01-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Finished the main storyline of GTA yesterday.
Excellent game. Big step up from the previous one.

Robstar
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM

I agree. When I finished the main story and had several hundred million, there is only so much you can do.

What are the top fun missions?

The jet fighter dog fights over the air base. I am terrible at them.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
01-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Was playing this Online yesterday, done a few missions and raised my cash monies quite a bit... Yet, when I went to save and quit, Oh look.. "The Rockstar cloud servers are done" :mad: So, looks like I wasted a couple of hours lol.

Anyone else having this issue recently?.