PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite computer game characters?.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Who are your favorite computer game characters?.

some of mine are:

Lara croft: loved playing the games and getting to know the character! also Angelina Jolie playing her in the film was a huge plus!

Urdnot Wrex: Once again a huge fan of the games, and Wrex is just a badass character.. Love the story and background that goes with the Krogan also!

Mario: The guy is a legend! Nothing really needs to be said about the character or the games!

Carl Johnson "CJ": Who didn't like San Andreas! the character you played had a really good story which allowed you to get involved in the game, was also one of the first times that i can recall an African American was the lead character.

That's just a few of mine so tell me some of yours?.

Subject Zero
03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Basically every character in Mass Effect apart from Jacob. Every character in Dragon Age apart from that annoying Tevinter Elf.

Kain, Kratos, Wakka, The Tentacle from Day of the Tentacles, No. 47, theres pretty much hundreds i like it will take to long to list them all.

My Top 3 are:-

Morrigan - Dragon Age: Origins
Jacqueline Nought - Mass Effect 2 + 3
Kain - Legacy of Kain Series

Torphy
03-19-2012, 08:09 AM
I have a lot of characters that I really like, but my top three have got to be as follows.

Masterchief - Halo Series (No real reason, he's just badass)

Grunt - Mass Effect 2 and 3

GLaDOS - Portal and Portal 2 (One of the most original and hilarious characters in existence)

B-MCINTYRE
03-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Spryo

Dingodile

Crash Bandicoot

Oh and Toad and yoshi

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I have a lot of characters that I really like, but my top three have got to be as follows.

Masterchief - Halo Series (No real reason, he's just badass)

Grunt - Mass Effect 2 and 3

GLaDOS - Portal and Portal 2 (One of the most original and hilarious characters in existence)

Yeah he's badass aswell! :) Mass Effect has loads of good characters though!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Spryo

Dingodile

Crash Bandicoot

Oh and Toad and yoshi

Some classic's there mate. :)

Tomsta666
03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm totally gay for Mario :D

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm totally gay for Mario :D

Must be the Red he wears! :) Not a fan of Luigi?.

zapphoman
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Here we go...(Might be a bit Mass Effect heavy)

Grunt- "Our enemies are in trouble Shepard." One of the best lines in Mass Effect 2 to me.

Kal Reeger- The toughest Quarian ever. So badass he doesn't even mind wearing pink.

Conrad Verner- Mass Effect 2...enough said.

Garrus Vakarian- He can make a sniper rifle dance.

Urdnot Wrex- "Officer: Do you want me to arrest you?
Wrex- I want to see you try." ...nuff said.

Tali Zora Vas Normandy- Her storyline was handled to perfection!

Captain (oh I'm Sorry) Commander Bailey- Great character and would of liked to have seen him do more.

Major Kirahee- Just like Kal Reeger of the Quarians. Awesome Salarian character. "HOLD THE LINE!!!"

Mordin Solus- What else can be said...He's the very model of a scientist salarian. The Dr. House/Walter White of the Mass Effect universe.

The Illusive Man- Love him or hate him...Martin Sheen did wonders with the voice acting and the character was awesome.

Kai Leng- Proclaiming it now...THE BOBA FETT OF THE MASS EFFECT WORLD!!

Jack- Especially in the third Mass Effect.

Miranda Lawson- A bitch at first but becomes sympathetic later.

Kaiden Alenko- Ten times more useful and likable than Ashley.

Now off of Mass Effect

Ethan Mars of Heavy Rain

John Marston of Red Dead Redemption

Jak of Jak and Dexter

Jackie Estacado of The Darkness

Auron of Final Fantasy 10

Kaim of Lost Oddysey

Liliana of Dragon Age: Origins

Anders of Dragon Age: Awakening (hated him in the second game)

Deadpool of Marvel Ultimate Alliance games

.................................................. ........................................

I'm sure there are more. Just can't think of them right now.

Vegas
03-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Link-Legend of Zelda, Dude rocks

Mario-A true video game legend

Sonic-I could play the original Sonic games all day

Kirby-Something about the pink dude that I love

supergoing
03-19-2012, 04:02 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100718232203/streetfighter/images/6/60/Vega-hdstance.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Bigdaddy-bioshock.png

http://www.gamerroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/11276552-1212831880-KefkaSprite-1.png

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110819112748/fallout/images/archive/b/bf/20110820161751!Vault_Boy_Dock_Icon_by_oloff3.png

CGBigMan
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Master Cheif-Halo

Scorpion-Mortal Kombat

Mario

Law-Tekken

Ezio-Assasins Creed

SLEEPY LOCO1
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Donkey Kong

Hwoarang - Tekken

Solid Snake

StarKiller - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Dash Rendar - Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Leon S. Kennedy - Resident Evil

CJ - GTA: San Andreas

Ben Campbell/SLEEPY LOCO - Any game where I can create my own character

The Sneakiness
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Mine in no particular order:

Mario
Sonic
Link
Donkey Kong

pauadrian
03-19-2012, 08:17 PM
captain price
yoshi
luigi
sonic
donkey kong
diddy kong
shadow

VanHooliganX
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Atsuma - Enchanted Arms

Agent 47 - Hitman series

Earth Worm Jim - EWJ series

Jak - Jak and Daxter series

Vault Boy - Fallout series

Kidd Buu - Budokai 3

Super Buu - Budokai 3

Great Saiyaman - Budokai 3

Goku - Budokai 3

Just but a few for me.

Asherdelampyr
03-20-2012, 03:30 PM
From Mass Effect
Commander Shepard,
Urdnot Wrex
Urdnot Grunt
Legion

From Dragon Age
Varric
Isabella
Flemeth

Others
Kirby
Dante (of Devil May Cry fame)
Ulfric Stormcloak
Sub Zero
Kabal

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Here we go...(Might be a bit Mass Effect heavy)

Grunt- "Our enemies are in trouble Shepard." One of the best lines in Mass Effect 2 to me.

Kal Reeger- The toughest Quarian ever. So badass he doesn't even mind wearing pink.

Conrad Verner- Mass Effect 2...enough said.

Garrus Vakarian- He can make a sniper rifle dance.

Urdnot Wrex- "Officer: Do you want me to arrest you?
Wrex- I want to see you try." ...nuff said.

Tali Zora Vas Normandy- Her storyline was handled to perfection!

Captain (oh I'm Sorry) Commander Bailey- Great character and would of liked to have seen him do more.

Major Kirahee- Just like Kal Reeger of the Quarians. Awesome Salarian character. "HOLD THE LINE!!!"

Mordin Solus- What else can be said...He's the very model of a scientist salarian. The Dr. House/Walter White of the Mass Effect universe.

The Illusive Man- Love him or hate him...Martin Sheen did wonders with the voice acting and the character was awesome.

Kai Leng- Proclaiming it now...THE BOBA FETT OF THE MASS EFFECT WORLD!!

Jack- Especially in the third Mass Effect.

Miranda Lawson- A bitch at first but becomes sympathetic later.

Kaiden Alenko- Ten times more useful and likable than Ashley.

Now off of Mass Effect

Ethan Mars of Heavy Rain

John Marston of Red Dead Redemption

Jak of Jak and Dexter

Jackie Estacado of The Darkness

Auron of Final Fantasy 10

Kaim of Lost Oddysey

Liliana of Dragon Age: Origins

Anders of Dragon Age: Awakening (hated him in the second game)

Deadpool of Marvel Ultimate Alliance games

.................................................. ........................................

I'm sure there are more. Just can't think of them right now.

Nice list dude! some good ones on there mate.. Mass Effect really does have amazing characters!

Bodom
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I want to have Commander Shepard's babies.

zapphoman
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice list dude! some good ones on there mate.. Mass Effect really does have amazing characters!

Thanks but I forgot to add the most obvious one...

Gabriel Shepard- Shining example of what humanity is capable of.

Also

Captain Price and Soap from Modern Warfare- Badass to the max!

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-20-2012, 08:12 PM
I want to have Commander Shepard's babies.

That's nice dude but im not sure it's possible! :p

samoan619
03-20-2012, 08:41 PM
John Marston (Red Dead Redemption 360): What a motherfucking badass!! John Marston was everything that was cool about Grand Theft Auto, but he had heart, integrity, he had guilt, he didnt sleep with the prostitutes in the game, he would tell them he was a happily married father, he fought for his family, and he broke your heart at his final stand.. This is why he would be my favorite character of all time..

Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue I-II Dreamcast, Xbox ): Someone killed your father, you want revenge, now find a job and use the money earned for capsule toys and arcade games. Then leave Japan for China where you can still work a job and fight in street fights for capsule toys and arcade games.. This was my Shenmue experience.. I know it sounds silly, but I loved it, and I am so furious that they promised us a trilogy to finish this storyline, and it never came about.. It destroyed me, ok lolol it didn't destroy me, but Ryo Hazuki will always be one of my favorite characters of all time..

Kratos (God Of War series PS1-3): I am a huge fan of mythology, Greek, Japanese, Norse, etc.. And no game captured the essence of a Greek epic as the God Of War series.. Kratos, vengeful to the very god who gave him his very blades, spared his life on the battlefield, and made him the ultimate dingo warrior lolol im kidding.. But his skin is colored by the ashes of his wife and child that he slayed.. He then took us all on a journey to become a God, to fall from that grace, then destroys those Gods, Titans, and other mythological beasts... Kratos is the shit!!

Sheogorath (Elder Scrolls Oblivion & Skyrim 360): The God of Madness, he is one entertaining character.. You get a little of his madness in Skyrim, but you really get to witness how unforgettable of a character he is on the Oblivion expansion pack, Shivering Isles.. This guy is beyond Bi-Polar or Tri-Polar, he's beyond that.. And every conversation you have with him, you wont skip a line, as he twists his words within a split second.. I really dont know if I really can elaborate on how outrageous he is, unless you played it.. Wabbajack, and im out..

Viktor (Suikoden Series PS1-2): The immortal Viktor from the 108 stars of destiny, is one of the reoccuring characters through the whole series.. His smart mouth, his talking sword, and his neverending battle against the vampire Necrolord, keeps Viktor a familiar face in a franchise that I followed to the very end..

Sagat (Street Fighter series): He was what I called the Ryu & Ken killer when it came to gaming against friends or online.. He was the first boss of the original Street Fighter game and is scarred from that very last battle.. Tiger Uppercut, Tiger Knee, oh yeah im a big fan of Sagat.. He is the Ong Bak of Street Fighter lolol.. He has this chip on his shoulder for his defeat by the hands of Ryu.. Oh and I love to use that chip in battle.. They make him seem like a bad guy, but whenever you beat the game with him, he seems a lot more honorable to me.. Sagat, you are so misunderstood..

Larry (Leisure Suit Larry I-VI PC): At one point in my life, I had a lot of love for point and click adventures.. Sierra games more so than others, and Larry Laffer would be the standout guy in this category.. Now im not speaking about the horrible console Leisure Larry titles, im speaking about the classic text and point & click games in this series.. I was 12 years old when I first played Leisure Suit Larry, where I worked my way up to having sex with a prostitute and reached my first game over for not wearing protection as my pelvic region turns to fire and kills me.. It was the first game that I ever experienced like that, and its way out antics make Larry stand strong..

Tomba (Tomba or Tombi 1&2 PS): The pink haired caveman-like dude from an amazingly underrated platforming game.. This game was so epic it was like poetry in motion.. A hardcore gamer's wetdream, as they intertwined platforming with rpg elements as in storylines and inventory.. You play this game like your everyday Super Mario, but the world is colorful and inviting.. So many hidden goodies throughout each level, and it was a game I had to keep playing after beating it.. I'll never forget not understanding the language of the dwarves, so I had to jump on the different heads of the dwarves, and gnaw on their noggins until I gained the knowledge of their language lolol I kid you not.. This game was amazing, and the main character stays as one of my favs just because of that..

Master Onion (Parappa Tha Rapper PS1): Hayatatatacha! Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind
If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find, The things I'll teach ya is sure to beat ya
But nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher, Kick Punch Chop - Block
Once more now, Kick Punch Chop - Block. Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky
We gonna move down to the next ya jockey now. Duck Jump Turn - Pose
Listen carefully. Jump Pose Duck - And turn. Hm, yeah I see you're gettin better
Kick to the limit in order to get her now. Kick, punch Chop, block Chop, kick Punch, block
It's gonna get harder now. Duck and jump Turn and pose Duck and turn Jump and punch
Come on now, why dontcha follow my words. Because were almost done, Ill make it easy at first
I wanna see if you wanna see what it takes. To be the man with the master plan
Are you the man now? Kick, punch, block Chop, kick, block Block, turn, and kick it
Block, duck, punch Duck, duck, turn Jump, kick, chop Punch, punch, punch
Hatatatacha! Thats it for today. Good job, Parappa, you can go on to the next stage.

Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi PS1): I had a lot of fun with this game on the very first Playstation.. And for that very reason, he still sticks out to me.. Stealing enemy powers, collecting figures, finding the missing people in the castle spread across the world, it all added to the charm of this game and why I am a fan of the young Musashi.. Now for the second Musashi game, I cant give it the same love and praise.. But the young kid Musashi who gets summoned away from Feudal Era Japan to a Medieval Europe-like destination, had me fall into the story and keep Musashi with me through out the years..

Tomsta666
03-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I enjoyed the recite of Master Onion rap! :p

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
John Marston (Red Dead Redemption 360): What a motherfucking badass!! John Marston was everything that was cool about Grand Theft Auto, but he had heart, integrity, he had guilt, he didnt sleep with the prostitutes in the game, he would tell them he was a happily married father, he fought for his family, and he broke your heart at his final stand.. This is why he would be my favorite character of all time..

Ryo Hazuki (Shenmue I-II Dreamcast, Xbox ): Someone killed your father, you want revenge, now find a job and use the money earned for capsule toys and arcade games. Then leave Japan for China where you can still work a job and fight in street fights for capsule toys and arcade games.. This was my Shenmue experience.. I know it sounds silly, but I loved it, and I am so furious that they promised us a trilogy to finish this storyline, and it never came about.. It destroyed me, ok lolol it didn't destroy me, but Ryo Hazuki will always be one of my favorite characters of all time..

Kratos (God Of War series PS1-3): I am a huge fan of mythology, Greek, Japanese, Norse, etc.. And no game captured the essence of a Greek epic as the God Of War series.. Kratos, vengeful to the very god who gave him his very blades, spared his life on the battlefield, and made him the ultimate dingo warrior lolol im kidding.. But his skin is colored by the ashes of his wife and child that he slayed.. He then took us all on a journey to become a God, to fall from that grace, then destroys those Gods, Titans, and other mythological beasts... Kratos is the shit!!

Sheogorath (Elder Scrolls Oblivion & Skyrim 360): The God of Madness, he is one entertaining character.. You get a little of his madness in Skyrim, but you really get to witness how unforgettable of a character he is on the Oblivion expansion pack, Shivering Isles.. This guy is beyond Bi-Polar or Tri-Polar, he's beyond that.. And every conversation you have with him, you wont skip a line, as he twists his words within a split second.. I really dont know if I really can elaborate on how outrageous he is, unless you played it.. Wabbajack, and im out..

Viktor (Suikoden Series PS1-2): The immortal Viktor from the 108 stars of destiny, is one of the reoccuring characters through the whole series.. His smart mouth, his talking sword, and his neverending battle against the vampire Necrolord, keeps Viktor a familiar face in a franchise that I followed to the very end..

Sagat (Street Fighter series): He was what I called the Ryu & Ken killer when it came to gaming against friends or online.. He was the first boss of the original Street Fighter game and is scarred from that very last battle.. Tiger Uppercut, Tiger Knee, oh yeah im a big fan of Sagat.. He is the Ong Bak of Street Fighter lolol.. He has this chip on his shoulder for his defeat by the hands of Ryu.. Oh and I love to use that chip in battle.. They make him seem like a bad guy, but whenever you beat the game with him, he seems a lot more honorable to me.. Sagat, you are so misunderstood..

Larry (Leisure Suit Larry I-VI PC): At one point in my life, I had a lot of love for point and click adventures.. Sierra games more so than others, and Larry Laffer would be the standout guy in this category.. Now im not speaking about the horrible console Leisure Larry titles, im speaking about the classic text and point & click games in this series.. I was 12 years old when I first played Leisure Suit Larry, where I worked my way up to having sex with a prostitute and reached my first game over for not wearing protection as my pelvic region turns to fire and kills me.. It was the first game that I ever experienced like that, and its way out antics make Larry stand strong..

Tomba (Tomba or Tombi 1&2 PS): The pink haired caveman-like dude from an amazingly underrated platforming game.. This game was so epic it was like poetry in motion.. A hardcore gamer's wetdream, as they intertwined platforming with rpg elements as in storylines and inventory.. You play this game like your everyday Super Mario, but the world is colorful and inviting.. So many hidden goodies throughout each level, and it was a game I had to keep playing after beating it.. I'll never forget not understanding the language of the dwarves, so I had to jump on the different heads of the dwarves, and gnaw on their noggins until I gained the knowledge of their language lolol I kid you not.. This game was amazing, and the main character stays as one of my favs just because of that..

Master Onion (Parappa Tha Rapper PS1): Hayatatatacha! Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind
If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find, The things I'll teach ya is sure to beat ya
But nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher, Kick Punch Chop - Block
Once more now, Kick Punch Chop - Block. Don't get cocky, it's gonna get rocky
We gonna move down to the next ya jockey now. Duck Jump Turn - Pose
Listen carefully. Jump Pose Duck - And turn. Hm, yeah I see you're gettin better
Kick to the limit in order to get her now. Kick, punch Chop, block Chop, kick Punch, block
It's gonna get harder now. Duck and jump Turn and pose Duck and turn Jump and punch
Come on now, why dontcha follow my words. Because were almost done, Ill make it easy at first
I wanna see if you wanna see what it takes. To be the man with the master plan
Are you the man now? Kick, punch, block Chop, kick, block Block, turn, and kick it
Block, duck, punch Duck, duck, turn Jump, kick, chop Punch, punch, punch
Hatatatacha! Thats it for today. Good job, Parappa, you can go on to the next stage.

Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi PS1): I had a lot of fun with this game on the very first Playstation.. And for that very reason, he still sticks out to me.. Stealing enemy powers, collecting figures, finding the missing people in the castle spread across the world, it all added to the charm of this game and why I am a fan of the young Musashi.. Now for the second Musashi game, I cant give it the same love and praise.. But the young kid Musashi who gets summoned away from Feudal Era Japan to a Medieval Europe-like destination, had me fall into the story and keep Musashi with me through out the years..

Haha! nice list bro thanks for sharing! :D Plus you should totally do a remix to the onion rap and release it dude!

VanHooliganX
03-21-2012, 01:09 AM
I enjoyed the recite of Master Onion rap! :p

Parappa the rapper?!

BEAST GAME! XD

Subject Zero
03-21-2012, 05:20 AM
That's nice dude but im not sure it's possible! :p

Shepard can also be a woman.

Femshep>Malshep

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-21-2012, 07:16 AM
Shepard can also be a woman.

Femshep>Malshep

That still doesen't increase the chances of Bodom having his chrilden though! Haha! :)

Asherdelampyr
03-21-2012, 08:54 AM
That still doesen't increase the chances of Bodom having his chrilden though! Haha! :)
Indeed

oh, and how could I forget, Tali'Zora Vas Normandi and Aria T'Loak