PDA

View Full Version : The TNA Monday Night War. What happened?

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 12:42 PM
After thinking the TNA and WWE Monday Night War(What War?)

What has really lead to TNA to retreat back to Thursdays? Monday Night Raw and Monday Night Football was too much for TNA? Or is there more to it than that?

Not enough fans? Too many unknowns?

Also with the new stuff that TNA is getting now, do you think that they are capable to attempt to restart the war?(or company suicide)

Discuss.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Hello SHOWERHEADS I will be posting a lot today due to the fact I have PNEUMONIA and will not be attending my beloved Buckeyes game tonight. So for the very few that don't like me or my thoughts sorry as for my SHOWERHEADS I will recover and be better than ever in a week or so. On to the topic at hand, I really don't think Dixie's daddy is going to be coughing up anymore money out of panda energy to help TNA. It is very expensive to go live every week. They have a long road ahead of them. The WWE has 50 years on them and they do OK going against Monday Night Football but make no mistake about Monday night is FOOTBALL night not rasslin night. I myself find the impact zone stale/old/size of a barn and watching the same people every Thursday really shows you how small there following really is. At BFG TNA's biggest ppv of the year they only had 3,500 people attend and from what I heard they were giving tickets away by the dozen. If you get free rasslin tickets and your not a fan of rasslin that person wasted there time and the promotion lost as well. If you don't care you will be sitting in your seat not understanding the storyline, not understanding the story the wrestlers are trying to tell in the ring and you will not understand the magic that is pro rasslin. There is no WAR, there never WAS A WAR, hell it wasn't even a battle. I am a fan of TNA but even with all my infinite wisdom I don't really know how to help them. If I was working for TNA I would be worried every week if my check cleared. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
hospitals suck

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Free wrestling tickets?

Wow....way to go down TNA

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 02:24 PM
To answer this you have to look at the positives and if there are enough of them.

IMO the only real positive is the production of the backstage vignette's. Which to be fair are pretty damn great! They make wwe's look very dated.

One could argue that their roster would be a factor but the way these guys are booked/positioned I feel it's a non-factor!

So NO i don't think they're ready for a "war" at all!

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 02:27 PM
To answer this you have to look at the positives and if there are enough of them.

IMO the only real positive is the production of the backstage vignette's. Which to be fair are pretty damn great! They make wwe's look very dated.

One could argue that their roster would be a factor but the way these guys are booked/positioned I feel it's a non-factor!

So NO i don't think they're ready for a "war" at all!

So the plus is how they hold backstage scenes but a minus is the roster?

LOL xD

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-30-2010, 02:46 PM

LOL xD

SG thats what I got out of it too. HAHAHAHAHA

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 02:54 PM
SG thats what I got out of it too. HAHAHAHAHA

-smh- Then TNA should stop making their roster wrestle and hold backstage scenes. Maybe just maybe they will be in good shape for a war.

Iron Ape
10-30-2010, 03:31 PM
It's hilarious to me that Dixie actually believed that Hogan & his cohorts were still a big enough draw for her company to actually have a legitimate shot at competing with the E. That woman couldn't fail any harder at business if she tried.

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
It's hilarious to me that Dixie actually believed that Hogan & his cohorts were still a big enough draw for her company to actually have a legitimate shot at competing with the E. That woman couldn't fail any harder at business if she tried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH1xm2fOXD4

Explains it all!

Iron Ape
10-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Explains it all!

Haha. So, so true.

Two things about that video that stuck out to me:

- How is it that no one in wrestling has figured out that Hogan always blocks a right hand and counters with a right of his own?

- Ric Flair and Mick Foley can look like used sanitary napkins during a televised hardcore match, but they have to censor a fireball to the face of a guy who often gets burnt hitting his meth pipe? I mean, I know they didn't air the whole thing because the spot was botched- but couldn't they have come up with something a little more logical than the censor excuse?

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Haha. So, so true.

Two things about that video that stuck out to me:

- How is it that no one in wrestling has figured out that Hogan always blocks a right hand and counters with a right of his own?

- Ric Flair and Mick Foley can look like used sanitary napkins during a televised hardcore match, but they have to censor a fireball to the face of a guy who often gets burnt hitting his meth pipe? I mean, I know they didn't air the whole thing because the spot was botched- but couldn't they have come up with something a little more logical than the censor excuse?

I can't answer that.

I am not Vince Russo.

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 07:31 PM

LOL xD

Nice way to sum it up SilverG!

For me the backstage stuff is the only thing that is great about TNA.

Apart from certain individuals the whole promotion is 2nd rate all the way.

"A war is when two armies are fighting" B.H

Iron Ape
10-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I completely agree about the cinéma vérité-style backstage segments being the only real strength that TNA has at the moment. I think the documentary approach adds a certain degree of authenticity that's sorely missing from WWE's backstage shenanigans, and it really helps detract from the scripted feeling that permeates all wrestling-related programming these days.

Kudos to whoever it was that came up with this idea. They should be a given an entire year's pass for all of the rides that Universal Studios has to offer.

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice way to sum it up SilverG!

For me the backstage stuff is the only thing that is great about TNA.

Apart from certain individuals the whole promotion is 2nd rate all the way.

"A war is when two armies are fighting" B.H

I was just saying.....but I do admit that those backstage stuff is good.

Rich Cranium
10-30-2010, 08:31 PM
They just need to hide those lame sign guys. They're running around to earn a 6-pack.

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Lol at that last bit iron ape! And well said for the rest!

It may have been bisch's idea. Remember the NWO vignette's? They were so different at the time.

I hate to say it but I think I like reaction better than impact. Which to be fair isn't that much of a compliment.

Iron Ape
10-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Lol at that last bit iron ape! And well said for the rest!

It may have been bisch's idea. Remember the NWO vignette's? They were so different at the time.
Didn't those nWo vignettes always have some kind of a weird grain to them? It was like watching a Manson family home movie, only instead of a bunch of hippies conspiring to murder Sharon Tate, you had a bunch of meatheads getting paid millions to pop Percoset and stroke their own egos. Sweet deal.

I hate to say it but I think I like reaction better than impact. Which to be fair isn't that much of a compliment.
I thought I was the only person who felt this way. Reaction is, dare I say, kind of interesting. Too bad all of the feuds that they build blow multiple penises (like Linda Hogan at a beer pong tournament).

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Just happened to be watching reaction (funny enough) and in the end credits (!) the following are credited
Executive producers and creators: Eric Bischoff, Jason Hervey (erics bitch) and Dixie Carter
Co-executive producers: Kevin Sullivan and Vince Russo

Didn't know Sullivan was on board, he has a very good mind for the business (whatever that means!).
When you look at the other names involved it's clear they're in their element. An hour of tv time without any actual wrestling. The weird part of it is it works and it works well.

Paul Heyman edited the ECWs hardcore tv show in a very similar manner, with interviews, vignettes and matches being interwoven masterfully... I'm not saying Eric imitated Paul but Paul definitely opened erics eyes back in the mid 90's

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 11:06 PM
They just need to hide those lame sign guys. They're running around to earn a 6-pack.

I have that same issue on the "fans" thread.

Trying to be all camera happy.

Kashdinero
10-31-2010, 03:34 AM
I have that same issue on the "fans" thread.

Trying to be all camera happy.

TNA fans are somewhat similar to ecw fans in terms of their loyalty to the product.... But the ecw fans looked tougher and more rabid. But 100% agree with you on the sign guys, what a bunch of wankers!

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 04:48 PM
TNA fans are somewhat similar to ecw fans in terms of their loyalty to the product.... But the ecw fans looked tougher and more rabid. But 100% agree with you on the sign guys, what a bunch of wankers!

The people in the Impact Zone<ECW fans from The Arena

El_Dandy_LWO
10-31-2010, 04:58 PM
Jason Hervey man...aka Wayne from the wonder years

El_Dandy_LWO
10-31-2010, 04:59 PM
I completely agree about the cinéma vérité-style backstage segments being the only real strength that TNA has at the moment. I think the documentary approach adds a certain degree of authenticity that's sorely missing from WWE's backstage shenanigans, and it really helps detract from the scripted feeling that permeates all wrestling-related programming these days.

Kudos to whoever it was that came up with this idea. They should be a given an entire year's pass for all of the rides that Universal Studios has to offer.

jason hervey man....good guy

Kashdinero
10-31-2010, 05:43 PM
The people in the Impact Zone<ECW fans from The Arena

Those guys were awesome. The original sign guy's signs were a big part of the viewing experience. Hat guy was a riot too!

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Those guys were awesome. The original sign guy's signs were a big part of the viewing experience. Hat guy was a riot too!

TNA Impact Zone fans WISH they were ECW fans. In no way in HELL that will happen.

Bodom
10-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Totally staying out of this Impact Zone fan discussion.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Totally staying out of this Impact Zone fan discussion.

Lol we know your frustrations and hatred on the Impact Zone "marks"

But you can talk about the "war".

Bodom
10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
There is no war. TNA failed miserably on Mondays and refuses to acknowledge it.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 07:56 PM
There is no war. TNA failed miserably on Mondays and refuses to acknowledge it.

Very prideful -.-

Suicide attempt: check

Bodom
10-31-2010, 07:57 PM
Very prideful -.-

Suicide attempt: check

wtf? Too much Halloween candy?

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 08:00 PM
wtf? Too much Halloween candy?

No I was agreeing with the last part.

nrb6304
10-31-2010, 09:44 PM
The only "decent" part of Monday Night Impact was the live ones. I won't lie, I skipped the pre taped ones, didn't bother flipping between RAW and Impact, but the live ones were quite decent and show that TNA would do SO much better live.

SMARTEST THING ERIC BISCHOFF EVER DID WAS TAKE MONDAY NIGHT NITRO LIVE!

IMO if TNA is going to survive and REALLY make an impact they need to go live. EVERY WEEK. I'm not saying this is going to make the company HUGE and compete with Vince, but I think it's a great step in the right direction. Also they need to tour (again IMO). Take Impact on the road.

Bodom
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
TNA could benefit by increasing their amount of live shows. They desperately need to take the show on the road.

SilverGhost
10-31-2010, 09:49 PM
Live and on the road is a HUGE STEP forward for TNA!

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 05:18 AM
If... IF! they were to ever go back to Monday nights they would have to make a whole new show to debut. IMPACT=damaged goods!

Bodom
11-01-2010, 07:38 AM
If that ever happens it's years and years away. The Monday Night experiment was a complete failure. A new show would be a waste of money.

Justdawg08
11-01-2010, 08:59 AM
1.) lol at BTLS ripping into Awesome Kong

2.) I like/hate TNA's backstage things. I mean... they basically killed shoot interviews.. some of the best moments in wrestling happened when Michael Cole would INTERVIEW The Rock.. and it actually felt like a live sports show. Now you got these drama cams and its just kinda ridiculous.

3.) I would not give a fuck if Mike Tenay died today.

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
If that ever happens it's years and years away. The Monday Night experiment was a complete failure. A new show would be a waste of money.

I definitely can't see it happening either. But remember wcw had all the stars but stil couldn't garner the ratings they desired, it was only when they went live on Mondays with a well advertised brand new show that they made real headway. Even if tna did this they still probably wouldn't take away the wwe audience but it would be better than bringing the lame impact live from the (ugh) impact zone.

Bodom
11-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I definitely can't see it happening either. But remember wcw had all the stars but stil couldn't garner the ratings they desired, it was only when they went live on Mondays with a well advertised brand new show that they made real headway. Even if tna did this they still probably wouldn't take away the wwe audience but it would be better than bringing the lame impact live from the (ugh) impact zone.

WCW also had the money and the WWF product at the time was crap.

Kashdinero
11-02-2010, 02:34 AM
WCW also had the money and the WWF product at the time was crap.

Yes they did and yes they were. My main point is TNA impact has no place being on Mondays. Live or not, it's a tainted show. Probably TNA in general has no place on Mondays. Not for a long time at least. If ever.

Bodom
11-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Yes they did and yes they were. My main point is TNA impact has no place being on Mondays. Live or not, it's a tainted show. Probably TNA in general has no place on Mondays. Not for a long time at least. If ever.

I see what you're saying. Agree 100%

Kashdinero
11-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Glad we got there in the end! Lol
Fingers crossed for WWP then!

SilverGhost
11-02-2010, 09:16 PM

This I agree.