PDA

View Full Version : Underrated games that you've played?

Dubs
03-17-2012, 12:48 PM
What are some awesome games that are underrated by the masses or games you thought were freaking wonderful but everyone else hated it?

For me, it has to be One Piece: Grand Battle for the PS2. I thought that game was fun to play being a fan of the One Piece series but hardly ever gets a mention by most people.

Pumpkinhead
03-17-2012, 12:51 PM
What are some awesome games that are underrated by the masses or games you thought were freaking wonderful but everyone else hated it?

For me, it has to be One Piece: Grand Battle for the PS2. I thought that game was fun to play being a fan of the One Piece series but hardly ever gets a mention by most people.

PES 2012, the media is FIFA biased

Dubs
03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Not to familiar with PES games. I have to give this game a play though.

Another game I feel is very underrated is The Warriors game.

Subject Zero
03-17-2012, 02:01 PM
The Dynasty Warrior Series, Marvel Ultimate Alliance Series, X-Men Legends, Never Winter Nights, Baldurs Gate, Star Wars Pod Racer, The Punisher.

Theres just a few off the top of my head.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM

As in the film?. If so i was going to say the same thing! Loved the game and the fact it was co-op made it better IMO,

VanHooliganX
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Marble Blast Ultra.

Gets quite hard for rookies but you amazing game.

Tomsta666
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
The Warriors was in no ways underrated. Everyone I know who played that LOVED it. I'm pretty sure it got favourable review scores too.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-18-2012, 06:26 PM
The Warriors was in no ways underrated. Everyone I know who played that LOVED it. I'm pretty sure it got favourable review scores too.

I don't know anyone else that had it.. was an awesome game though i loved it! :D

pauadrian
03-18-2012, 06:43 PM
tna impact
pes 2012
svr 08

Tommy Thunder
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Punisher: War Zone is a good game to me.
Half Life doesn't get the recognition I think it deserves. Te second one is a fantastic game IMO.
007 Nightfire. Great story that they could easily turn into a film, and the multiplayer is brilliant (best 007 game since the famous N64 Goldeneye).

Sully
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't say it was underrated, but for some reason I seem to be the only person who really enjoyed it. Black OPs...I don't know, Black OPs was my FAVORITE Call of Duty game. It had the BEST graphics, some of the best maps I've ever played on, all good sized with a good atmosphere, and some of the coolest features.

The only thing I disliked about it was the point system, and even that wasn't too bad at all. It was the BEST Call of Duty game I've played so far, and for some reason everyone doesn't like it.

Oh well, more for me.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't say it was underrated, but for some reason I seem to be the only person who really enjoyed it. Black OPs...I don't know, Black OPs was my FAVORITE Call of Duty game. It had the BEST graphics, some of the best maps I've ever played on, all good sized with a good atmosphere, and some of the coolest features.

The only thing I disliked about it was the point system, and even that wasn't too bad at all. It was the BEST Call of Duty game I've played so far, and for some reason everyone doesn't like it.

Oh well, more for me.

Really?. I enjoyed it and pretty much everyone i know loved it also! Alot of my mates who have MW3 still go back and play Black Op's :)

Sully
03-18-2012, 06:56 PM
svr 08

I hated SVR 08. It was real bad...it had nearly no updates from 07, and the changes that did happen were taking steps back. That was the game they took GM mode out, their Career storyline was trash, and the graphics stayed the same. I think they did have some new hair styles and attires, and they did have a much larger roster, bringing in ECW, but it was still a pretty trashy game.

Between the masterpiece that was 07, and the introduction to Road to Wrestlemania with 09, this game is pretty much the middle child.

I hated it.

Sully
03-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Really?. I enjoyed it and pretty much everyone i know loved it also! Alot of my mates who have MW3 still go back and play Black Op's :)

Well I'm glad some people do, because everyone that I know says it sucked. I think I even remember somebody posting it in the Worst Games thread.

Tomsta666
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I hated SVR 08. It was real bad...it had nearly no updates from 07, and the changes that did happen were taking steps back. That was the game they took GM mode out, their Career storyline was trash, and the graphics stayed the same. I think they did have some new hair styles and attires, and they did have a much larger roster, bringing in ECW, but it was still a pretty trashy game.

Between the masterpiece that was 07, and the introduction to Road to Wrestlemania with 09, this game is pretty much the middle child.

I hated it.

Having never played SvR 07 and 08 untill recently, (like really recently, these last couple of weeks) I've got say I enjoyed 08 A HELL OF LOT more than 07. 07 feels clunky as hell, 08 had a lot more fluidity to it.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Well I'm glad some people do, because everyone that I know says it sucked. I think I even remember somebody posting it in the Worst Games thread.

Wow really?. someone posted it in the worst game thread, that's very harsh! Well we like it anyways! :D

BC777

YES!!!!!!! I loved the warriors game....almost as much as the movie.

Tommy Thunder

Most people I know liked it also, but I'm still amazed that people still refer to MW2 for online play.

Sully
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I really like the original maps on MW2, but when I go on to play it, I always get the downloaded maps, or some douchebags are hacking the game. There's always these messages that pop up on the screen, and it's pretty distracting too. Really annoying.

Right now I'm actually replaying the MW3 storyline for the first time since it came out.

zapphoman
03-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Breakdown for the original XBox

Thousand Arms for PS1

Vegas
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/The_Granstream_Saga_Coverart.png

I loved this game sooo much but no one i know as ever heard of it

Dameduse823
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM

I agree, Grand battle was an awesome game, the only problem was that they should have had more characters.

Two of my favorite games on xbox are Gundam dynasty warriors 2 and 3, their awesome games for fans of the gundam series but I don't know anyone thats actually played them

Polly-Pablo
03-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Rolling Ronnie on PC floppy disk - circa 1992..........

Polly likes vintage....

Dubs
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Rolling Ronnie on PC floppy disk - circa 1992..........

Polly likes vintage....

I hated it.
I always thought of SVR 08 as being alright but the career mode ruined anything liking I had for the game. Career mode was awfully long and the fact that you had to keep on going through the same storylines made it even more repetitive. The only thing that gave me interest in the game was GM Mode.

Sully
03-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Having never played SvR 07 and 08 untill recently, (like really recently, these last couple of weeks) I've got say I enjoyed 08 A HELL OF LOT more than 07. 07 feels clunky as hell, 08 had a lot more fluidity to it.

07 was the first game I started playing in the SVR franchise. In fact, I started playing it before I even got into wrestling. It may be the reason I started getting into it. There was just something about it...yeah the graphics and presentation sucked, but it just had this nostalgia feel to it. Plus it had a fantastic soundtrack too, it was just so memorable. Anytime you hear one of the songs from that soundtrack, you're reminded if SVR 07.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 may be the closet game we have left of WWE in it's most popular stage, or at least the time of WWE that most people can agree was one of the bests.

supergoing
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.emuparadise.me/PSX/Covers/True%20Pinball%20%5BU%5D%20%5BSLUS-00337%5D-front.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/XCOM_TERROR.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/LSD_Coverart.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Hexenbox.jpg

Bodom
03-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Computer Solitaire.

Tomsta666
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
07 was the first game I started playing in the SVR franchise. In fact, I started playing it before I even got into wrestling. It may be the reason I started getting into it. There was just something about it...yeah the graphics and presentation sucked, but it just had this nostalgia feel to it. Plus it had a fantastic soundtrack too, it was just so memorable. Anytime you hear one of the songs from that soundtrack, you're reminded if SVR 07.

Smackdown vs Raw 2007 may be the closet game we have left of WWE in it's most popular stage, or at least the time of WWE that most people can agree was one of the bests.

Well, I will agree you that the soundtrack is pretty damn good! ;)

supergoing
03-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Computer Solitaire.

Shit brah, that game is like The Beatles compared to computer Hearts.

Minesweeper gets a fair amount of schtick too, but mostly from people who don't know about clicking both mouse buttons at the same time over the numbers.

AreYaSerious
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
Half life series, and the civilization series.

The Sneakiness
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM

Can't have been that underrated if they remastered and rereleased the movie. Is an awesome game though.

Half life series, and the civilization series.

Agreed with the Civ series. Great game to play.

VanHooliganX
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
State of Emergency for PS2

http://roboawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/STATE_OF_EMERGENCY_PS2.jpg

For the small budget this had. It was beast.

Mindless violence at its best <3

Very underrated by the shitty websites that rate games.

supergoing
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Oh God yes, State of Emergency was amazing.

The sequel was a proper underrated game too - it got a few decent 6-8 out of ten scores, (which is about right) but it also recieved a flood of scores in the 1-3 region that dragged it down to about a 4 average. Most of the complaints boiled down to the game not being released by Rockstar (although it was developed by the same studio) and it not being the same game as the first one (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyChangedItNowItSucks).

Asherdelampyr
03-20-2012, 07:47 AM
not sure how Half-life was underrated :P

for me it would be the first 2 BloodRaynes, Super Ghosts and Ghouls for the SNES, and Super Mario Brothers 2 (The one that was never meant to be a Mario game, (Originally it was released as Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic)

johnnydropkicks
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Hexen? I tried. I couldn't fucking get it. I got stuck in the same place all the fucking time.

Y2Jryder
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM

MW3 is overrated..
Black ops was a really good game but there were some issue's with playing online.
I like MW2 but Black ops > MW2

MW3= MW2 Rip off

Asherdelampyr
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
another one I just thought of

Too Human.

G4 hated it, called it a buggy piece of shit in so many words, personally I had a great deal of fun playing it and didn't notice any real bugs. Not my favorite game by any stretch, but a fun way to spend 30 or so hours.

Asherdelampyr
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
MW3 is overrated..
Black ops was a really good game but there were some issue's with playing online.
I like MW2 but Black ops > MW2

MW3= MW2 Rip off

how does a company rip off it's own product? Unless you mean that the fans got screwed, in which case I agree, but that is always the ever-present risk with the fps genre, since most games in the genre tend to be the same one released over and over again, with only minor updates. Not as blatant as the sports games perhaps, but still quite annoying

Y2Jryder
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
how does a company rip off it's own product? Unless you mean that the fans got screwed, in which case I agree, but that is always the ever-present risk with the fps genre, since most games in the genre tend to be the same one released over and over again, with only minor updates. Not as blatant as the sports games perhaps, but still quite annoyingyeah they screwed the fans. My brother bought MW3 and he still plays it every day. I quit playing it after I reached level 19 and played campaign mode. The game was a huge disappointment IMO.

Bring back Nazi zombies:D

Asherdelampyr
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
yeah they screwed the fans. My brother bought MW3 and he still plays it every day. I quit playing it after I reached level 19 and played campaign mode. The game was a huge disappointment IMO.

Bring back Nazi zombies:D

Zombies was the only game type I actually played on that one, and I loved it

Iron Ape
03-20-2012, 05:03 PM
The Nintendo 64 had a slew of seriously underrated titles. Off the top of my head, my favorites of the bunch would probably be Blast Corps., Diddy Kong Racing, and Jet Force Gemini. Not coincidentally, they're all from Rare.

supergoing
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Aggressive_Inline_Coverart.png

http://www.horriblenight.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/403862-bh_wp_1-470x352.jpg

http://images.nintendolife.com/games/n64/snowboard_kids/cover_large.jpg

http://hg101.kontek.net/rivalschools/rivalschools.jpg

Tomsta666
03-20-2012, 05:32 PM
http://hg101.kontek.net/rivalschools/rivalschools.jpg

Oh man, Rival Schools was fucking AWESOME!!! As was it's Dreamcast sequel Project justice! ;)

supergoing
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Oh man, Rival Schools was fucking AWESOME!!! As was it's Dreamcast sequel Project justice! ;)
Yeah Rival Schools was boss, I reckon it's the best fighter I've played on PS1. (apart from maybe Street Fighter EX2 Plus, which is kinda underrated in itself)

I keep hearing about all these cool as fuck Dreamcast games and forgotten sequels lately. I hope I haven't thrown my one out, I believe I had one of the early ones capable of running games off a CD-R. (apparently there's still an active DC homebrew scene too)

Bodom
03-20-2012, 05:43 PM
The Nintendo 64 had a slew of seriously underrated titles. Off the top of my head, my favorites of the bunch would probably be Blast Corps., Diddy Kong Racing, and Jet Force Gemini. Not coincidentally, they're all from Rare.

Loved me some Diddy Kong Racing. Wasted so many hours of childhood playing that game.

supergoing
03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
(apart from maybe Street Fighter EX2 Plus, which is kinda underrated in itself)
Disregard this, I was thinking of Street Fighter Alpha 3. Which isn't underrated, just crazy great.

Iron Ape
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Loved me some Diddy Kong Racing. Wasted so many hours of childhood playing that game.
Yeah, I picked it up the same day that I picked up WCW vs nWo: World Tour, and my fingers hurt for the next several weeks. I would wake up on weekends, and quite literally the only thing that I would do is alternate between playing the two.

Do you remember that explorable little HUB world that Diddy Kong had? I always thought that was a terrific addition to the Kart genre. Shame the Mario Kart series never borrowed that idea. Soooooooo much potential with that.

Tommy Thunder
03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Fifa 2000.
That game revolutionized the Fifa series and set the bar at an all time high for football games IMO. I still play this game from time to time on the PC.

Shenmue and Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast.
Absolute masterpieces. Shame they never got to finish the story with the 3rd one, but apparently Yu Suzuki (the creator) has said that it's possible for him to secure the rights to the franchise from Sega, and if that happens, Shenmue 3 will happen! Cross fingers!

Bodom
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I picked it up the same day that I picked up WCW vs nWo: World Tour, and my fingers hurt for the next several weeks. I would wake up on weekends, and quite literally the only thing that I would do is alternate between playing the two.

Do you remember that explorable little HUB world that Diddy Kong had? I always thought that was a terrific addition to the Kart genre. Shame the Mario Kart series never borrowed that idea. Soooooooo much potential with that.

That little world where you could choose what race you wanted? God I loved that. I must have spent hours just driving around aimlessly in that hub.

Dubs
03-21-2012, 11:44 AM

Can't have been that underrated if they remastered and rereleased the movie. Is an awesome game though.

While I have to agree, its pretty underrated as I feel its a classic game but most only consider it just another good game.

Tomsta666
03-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Fifa 2000.
That game revolutionized the Fifa series and set the bar at an all time high for football games IMO. I still play this game from time to time on the PC

To be fair, FIFA never set any bar back then. They only started to get good this generation. The PSone/PS2 era FIFA games were all crap. All of them, no exception. It was all about the ISS PRO back then, and if you disagree, you were only playing FIFA cos' it had the licences. ISS PRO EVO Winning Eleven, whatever iteration had FIFA by the balls back then and you know it!! ;)

samoan619
03-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Radiant Historia
The Tomba (Tombi) series
Mother 3
The Shenmue series
Brave Fencer Musashi
Def Jam Vendetta
Def Jam Fight For NY
The Mystical Ninja series
Odin Sphere
Lost Odyssey
Wu Tang Shaolin Style
The Suikoden series
The Maximo series
SaGa Frontier
Shadows Of The Damned
Ghost Trick Detective
Legend Of Kage II
Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Master
Weaponlord
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
The Fatal Frame series
Disgaea
X-Com: UFO Defense
Gunstar Heroes
The Dynasty Warriors series
Rocketknight Adventures
Tecmo's Deception
Castlevania 64 (yeah I said it)
Keith Courage (NEC Turbo Graphx 16)
The Warioware series
Live A Life RPG
Ducktales NES
Landstalker
Point Blank
Earthbound
Parappa The Rapper
Night Of The Tentacle
The Illusion Of Gaia
Monster Party NES
Madworld
Vigilante (NEC Turbo Graphx 16)
The Ace Attorney series
Wonderboy in Monster World
Valkyrie Profile
Dragon Quest VIII
Clock Tower 3
Alundra
Super Dodgeball
Contra 4
Mario Picross
No More Heroes series
Cabal
Um Jammer Lammy
Ergheiz
Leisure Suit Larry PC series
Hexen
Jurassic Park Sega CD edition
Rule Of Rose
Manic Mansion
Life Force
Demon Crush Pinball
Vigilante 8
The Serious Sam series
Burger Time
Eternal Champions
Blackthorne
River City Ransom
Bruce Lee (GBA)
The Sam & Max series
Out Of This World
Shin Megami Tensei series

There are so many underrated games that ive played, that this list could keep on going..

supergoing
03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
For the RPG and adventure game geeks

http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/sites/default/files/sony-playstation-arc-the-lad-collection-us.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Wild_ARMs_2_Cover_Art.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/BladeRunner_PC_Game_%28Front_Cover%29.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Simon_1_cover.jpg/250px-Simon_1_cover.jpg

Iron Ape
03-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Radiant Historia
The Tomba (Tombi) series
Mother 3
The Shenmue series
Brave Fencer Musashi
Def Jam Vendetta
Def Jam Fight For NY
The Mystical Ninja series
Odin Sphere
Lost Odyssey
Wu Tang Shaolin Style
The Suikoden series
The Maximo series
SaGa Frontier
Shadows Of The Damned
Ghost Trick Detective
Legend Of Kage II
Jackie Chan The Kung Fu Master
Weaponlord
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
The Fatal Frame series
Disgaea
X-Com: UFO Defense
Gunstar Heroes
The Dynasty Warriors series
Rocketknight Adventures
Tecmo's Deception
Castlevania 64 (yeah I said it)
Keith Courage (NEC Turbo Graphx 16)
The Warioware series
Live A Life RPG
Ducktales NES
Landstalker
Point Blank
Earthbound
Parappa The Rapper
Night Of The Tentacle
The Illusion Of Gaia
Monster Party NES
Madworld
Vigilante (NEC Turbo Graphx 16)
The Ace Attorney series
Wonderboy in Monster World
Valkyrie Profile
Dragon Quest VIII
Clock Tower 3
Alundra
Super Dodgeball
Contra 4
Mario Picross
No More Heroes series
Cabal
Um Jammer Lammy
Ergheiz
Leisure Suit Larry PC series
Hexen
Jurassic Park Sega CD edition
Rule Of Rose
Manic Mansion
Life Force
Demon Crush Pinball
Vigilante 8
The Serious Sam series
Burger Time
Eternal Champions
Blackthorne
River City Ransom
Bruce Lee (GBA)
The Sam & Max series
Out Of This World
Shin Megami Tensei series

There are so many underrated games that ive played, that this list could keep on going..
There are a ridiculous number of games on this list that I looooooooooooooove.

Tommy Thunder
03-21-2012, 11:35 PM
To be fair, FIFA never set any bar back then. They only started to get good this generation. The PSone/PS2 era FIFA games were all crap. All of them, no exception. It was all about the ISS PRO back then, and if you disagree, you were only playing FIFA cos' it had the licences. ISS PRO EVO Winning Eleven, whatever iteration had FIFA by the balls back then and you know it!! ;)

Nah, I disagree. I most definitely wasn't playing Fifa back then because it had the license. Otherwise, why would I still be playing it?! 12 years since it came out!!
Fifa 2000 was THE football game for me back then. I did play ISS Pro, but it had nothing on Fifa 2000 to me. I'll agree that Fifa was never good until 2005 after that, and it's not until 10 came out that it's taken over from Pro Evo, but Fifa 2000 IS an exception to me. I've spent so many hours on that game it's unbelievable!

supergoing
03-22-2012, 03:08 AM
When it comes to the FIFA vs. Pro Evo debate, I always pick Sensible Soccer.

Sully
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
I could probably name a whole load of Playstation 1 and 2 games that I played, but I can hardly remember any of them, or if they were actually overrated or not.

I remember playing Roller Coaster Tycoon for the Playstation 1...that was some fun stuff. I used to spend hours on that game, back when I was a wee little boy.

Asherdelampyr
03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
World Of Warcraft
beautifully made game with over 8 billion players, 80% of whom will not admit that they play it

Asherdelampyr
03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Also, Stubbs The Zombie: Rebel without a pulse.
That game is just a constant source of amusement

Subject Zero
03-22-2012, 10:28 AM
Freedom Fighters for the PS2 was a good game and i also enjoyed Fighting Force on the PS1.

Asherdelampyr
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Phantasmagoria
if you like point and click puzzle games, it is one of the best (That one and 7th Guest)
you either get it right, or you die gruesomely, and often until you do get it right, really forces you to think.

samoan619
03-23-2012, 12:24 AM
There are a ridiculous number of games on this list that I looooooooooooooove.

I must say Brotha Ape, we definitely have a lot in common on games.. It feels pretty good to know that im not the only one out there that has an interest in so many different genres.. It definitely takes an acquired taste to really appreciate certain games... Same goes out to the artist formerly known as Necroyeti..

supergoing
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
http://cdn0.spong.com/pack/g/h/ghostinthe6790/_-Ghost-in-the-Shell-PlayStation-_.jpg

http://a4.idata.over-blog.com/300x300/0/01/53/72/jeux-32-64bits/loaded-titre.jpg

Sully
03-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Currently playing Rage.

I'm getting a little bored, so I think I'm going to take a break, but John Goodman being one of the leading voice overs makes me want to try it again sometime for sure.

Tomsta666
03-24-2012, 11:15 PM
http://cdn0.spong.com/pack/g/h/ghostinthe6790/_-Ghost-in-the-Shell-PlayStation-_.jpg

http://a4.idata.over-blog.com/300x300/0/01/53/72/jeux-32-64bits/loaded-titre.jpg

I didn't reckon much to Ghost in the Shell but Loaded was AWESOME!! :cool:

Tommy Thunder
03-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Need for Speed 2.
Back when the NFS series was good. I hate the direction the series has gone with the most wanted, and hot pursuit thing and adding stuff like NOS to the cars. I much preferred when it was simply a racing game, and 2 was a great one. Spent countless hours on the PC playing this.

pauadrian
03-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Need for Speed 2.
Back when the NFS series was good. I hate the direction the series has gone with the most wanted, and hot pursuit thing and adding stuff like NOS to the cars. I much preferred when it was simply a racing game, and 2 was a great one. Spent countless hours on the PC playing this.
back when I spent countles hours at my friend´s house playing the ps2

Shining Light
03-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Beyond Good and Evil. Brilliant game :)

I suggest you search it up on XBL or PSN

Tommy Thunder
03-26-2012, 04:24 PM
back when I spent countles hours at my friend´s house playing the ps2

That game was way before the time of the PS2 dude! 1997 it came out!

Tomsta666
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I think he's getting confused with NFS: Underground 2 ;)
Which was a pretty boss game, and I don't care much for racers! :cool:

pauadrian
03-26-2012, 08:17 PM
thought you meant underground man nevermind

Giddy
03-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Timesplitters for Gamecube. I love that game

Sully
03-27-2012, 05:08 AM

I always remember playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on the PS1 with my Dad and friend all the time. Fun times...

It think it was this one

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/NFS_III_Hot_Pursuit_%28PC%2C_US%29_cover_art.jpg

Asherdelampyr
03-29-2012, 02:05 PM
DC Universe Online

seriously, I play it on my PS3, and it's a blast. You can play for free, the customization is off the wall for an MMORPG, and the ability to lock in styles means that you can upgrade your gear without worrying that it won't look as cool.

As far as the game itself goes, with all the different options for play style, (everything from choosing whether to fly, ran as fast as The Flash, or use acrobatics to hop around like Batman) to the combat (Multiple magic abilities to choose from, and over 10 different non-magic combat types, like dual pistols, martial arts, staves, or just big 2 handed hammers of doom) you can easily find something that fits your play style and lets you have almost effortless fun

Even the way that the quests are laid out is immediately engaging. Starting a new chain and 3 missions later arresting The Scarecrow with the help of Batgirl? Totally Awesome!

realize I sounded a bit like an add there, but this is a game that I literally didn't know existed until someone here turned me on to it. If you have a PS3 or a computer, and loved any of DC's more famous characters, this is a free game that you simply have to pick up and give a shot

samoan619
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM
DC Universe Online

seriously, I play it on my PS3, and it's a blast. You can play for free, the customization is off the wall for an MMORPG, and the ability to lock in styles means that you can upgrade your gear without worrying that it won't look as cool.

As far as the game itself goes, with all the different options for play style, (everything from choosing whether to fly, ran as fast as The Flash, or use acrobatics to hop around like Batman) to the combat (Multiple magic abilities to choose from, and over 10 different non-magic combat types, like dual pistols, martial arts, staves, or just big 2 handed hammers of doom) you can easily find something that fits your play style and lets you have almost effortless fun

Even the way that the quests are laid out is immediately engaging. Starting a new chain and 3 missions later arresting The Scarecrow with the help of Batgirl? Totally Awesome!

realize I sounded a bit like an add there, but this is a game that I literally didn't know existed until someone here turned me on to it. If you have a PS3 or a computer, and loved any of DC's more famous characters, this is a free game that you simply have to pick up and give a shot

Im far from a fan of the DC Universe, but I really want to get my hands on this game.. Is there a 360 version coming, or is this only a Sony/PC thing??

Asherdelampyr
03-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Im far from a fan of the DC Universe, but I really want to get my hands on this game.. Is there a 360 version coming, or is this only a Sony/PC thing??

seems to be just a PS3 PC thing atm

samoan619
03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
seems to be just a PS3 PC thing atm

Well Sony users are lucky, I have a PS3 dust magnet that doesnt get any play lol (its not even hooked up to the tv anymore and its fully functional)... I might have to dust it off though and check the DC game out.. Ive heard lots of great stuff about that game, which has me really intrigued..

A few more games I loved that I felt couldve had more success:
Eternal Darkness
Sunset Riders
The Bomberman 64 series
Discworld
The Shining Force series
X-Men (Sega Genesis)
Ignition Factor (It was interesting being a firefighter in a top down game)
Untouchables
Broken Sword
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Biker Mice From Mars
Rock & Roll Racing
Shadowrun (the original)
Kid Chameleon
Mutant League Football & Hockey
Wonder Project J (translate the rom, its worth it)
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie series
Vandal Hearts
Wrath Of The Black Manta (NES)
Ultima: Savage Empire(PC)
Ultima: Underworld
Wade Hixton (GBA Punch-Out Clone)
Eternal Sonata

And ill just cut the list from here...

Asherdelampyr
03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
definitely give it a shot, you can do worse than a free game.

Sully
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Is Scarface: The World Is Yours underrated? I recently pulled that out from under my collection of old games. I don't think I ended up playing it too long though. When I first got it, I barely played it...then I played it for about 15 minutes before giving up again.

As the years go by, it's become harder and harder for me to play old games. Especially ones that I've never even fully played through before.

wrestlingfan66513
04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Is Scarface: The World Is Yours underrated? I recently pulled that out from under my collection of old games. I don't think I ended up playing it too long though. When I first got it, I barely played it...then I played it for about 15 minutes before giving up again.

As the years go by, it's become harder and harder for me to play old games. Especially ones that I've never even fully played through before.

I don't really think so, if memory recalls it was average and got the proper amount of sales.

Subject Zero
04-14-2012, 07:19 PM
DC Universe Online

Damn i didnt know that till about 2 days ago since i read your post. Played it when it was first released but after that PS3 network going down i dropped it. But hell of a good fun game. They seem to of split it into servers by so europe has its own server. Still alot of bugs but hell is it addictive.

Definatly worth a pick up for anyone with a PS3 just leave it on over night cos it is 15gb

Asherdelampyr
04-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Yeah it rocks pretty hard

Subject Zero
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Jgrbox.jpg

Jet Grind Radio is one of my favorite Dreamcast games but I'm willing to bet that most people never heard/cared about this game.

Called Jet Set Radio(over here) very popular game believe it got a sequel and alot of people must of liked it for there to be a sequel.

Asherdelampyr
04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Jet Grind Radio is one of my favorite Dreamcast games but I'm willing to bet that most people never heard/cared about this game.
I played it a few times, I think I am the only one left I know that still owns a dreamcast

Tomsta666
04-17-2012, 12:07 PM

It's getting a HD re-release for XBLA (I assume PSN also) this year :cool:
Hopefully it still has all the soundtrack! :D

I played it a few times, I think I am the only one left I know that still owns a dreamcast

I still have my Dreamcast ;)

Asherdelampyr
04-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I still have my Dreamcast ;)
I loved the Dreamcast, and I still do

04-22-2012, 12:39 PM

there's a reason nobody plays football games