PDA

View Full Version : WWE: Art reflecting life.

TheMadThinker
10-30-2010, 05:02 AM
I have been watching WWE for decades and lately I am beginning to feel that something is missing. The WWE has become a totally controlled environment. WWE has gone in a direction where all of the storylines are 100% fabricated. You never see any shoot interviews where wrestlers can give their true opinions about the business and other wrestlers. Even crowd reaction is controlled through recordings when WWE feels they are not getting the right reaction. Rarely do you see angles anymore where art is reflecting life. It seems like all the biggest angles in the last 20 years have come from real life incidents being transferred into wrestling storylines. Some examples would be NWO invasion, Montreal screw job, Ringmaster transforming into Austin 3:16, and the formation of DX to counter the popularity of NWO just to name a few.

I am just a casual watcher of TNA, but seeing what they are trying to do is what made me nostalgic of the good old days. They are attempting to turn their product into a reality TV and wrestling hybrid. If they succeed at getting the mixture right they may really be on to something.

I still like WWE way better, but I think they drop the ball a little by not integrating some of the behind the scene drama and personalities into storylines. I think with many of these wrestlers you would find their actual personalities are far more entertaining than anything the creative crew could fabricate.

jethro
10-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Nah i rather having WWE stay kayfabe,there is some shoot comment like this week Raw Bryan vs Ziggler match where Punk commented about Regal was the one who trained Bryan while HBK took $3000,thats a shoot doesnt it,also Matt Striker.

If I wanna see art of reflecting life I'll go watch TNA or ROH or any 'this promotion bash that other popular promotion'

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. It's creative's job to be creative, they have failed so much in the last few years I'm wondering what they are doing to keep there jobs. Maybe they make good coffee maybe they give reach-arounds I'm not sure. Nexus has been great and Bryan Danielson's return at SumerSlam was awesome but that about sums it up. One thing is for sure this anonymous Raw GM bullsh*t has gone on long enough. No matter who it is it will fail because they already ran it in the f'n ground. Seriously, when I get an e-mail my lights don't flicker, is there an app for that? U MAD???

infinite wisdom
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Robstar
10-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Nah i rather having WWE stay kayfabe,there is some shoot comment like this week Raw Bryan vs Ziggler match where Punk commented about Regal was the one who trained Bryan while HBK took $3000,thats a shoot doesnt it,also Matt Striker.

If I wanna see art of reflecting life I'll go watch TNA or ROH or any 'this promotion bash that other popular promotion'

That was an interesting comment from Punk and I feel that although he hasn't been around as long, Vince let's Punk have a bit more creative license like Jericho. Was it a shoot or just a heel comment? I don't know.

On topic, the WWE will never go back there. Vince is a control freak, there's no way he's going to risk putting storylines into the talent's hands. Instead he leaves that to people like Michael Hayes *smh*
Also, why do people continue to think the nWo was anything more than a clever work? They were never, ever going to 'take over' WCW! lmao! Ted Turner would have sued the shit out of them. He had a LOT more money & power than any of them or all of them combined. Think about the legalities of such an action.

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Sinthetic is the word that comes to mind when I think of the current state of wwe. The "fake" sport that I oh so love has never been more fake!

Coles comments on Daniel Bryan could be taken as a shoot (cole being the conduit for vinnie mac).

No (or very little) improvisation in wwe is a big problem.

SportyGal85
10-30-2010, 07:32 PM
That was an interesting comment from Punk and I feel that although he hasn't been around as long, Vince let's Punk have a bit more creative license like Jericho. Was it a shoot or just a heel comment? I don't know.

On topic, the WWE will never go back there. Vince is a control freak, there's no way he's going to risk putting storylines into the talent's hands. Instead he leaves that to people like Michael Hayes *smh*
Also, why do people continue to think the nWo was anything more than a clever work? They were never, ever going to 'take over' WCW! lmao! Ted Turner would have sued the shit out of them. He had a LOT more money & power than any of them or all of them combined. Think about the legalities of such an action.

:confused: Um, it seems that you don't understand the difference between real life and storyline either on the NWO storyline. There was never any possibility of them taking over WCW b/c that whole thing was a storyline written by Eric Bishoff. Ted Turner wasn't going to sue anyone regardless b/c Scott Hall and Kevin Nash were under contract with WCW. The NWO storyline was their introduction to the WCW audience. The reason it seemed much more "real" than other storylines was because most fans didn't know that either had left WWF, thus, they truly believed that WWF had sent people to "invade" WCW. If they had internet forums and whatnot the way we do today that storyline wouldn't have been nearly as successful b/c the moment Hall and Nash opted to leave WWF and sign with WCW, it would be all over the wrestling new sites, lol.

SilverGhost
10-30-2010, 07:52 PM
:confused: Um, it seems that you don't understand the difference between real life and storyline either on the NWO storyline. There was never any possibility of them taking over WCW b/c that whole thing was a storyline written by Eric Bishoff. Ted Turner wasn't going to sue anyone regardless b/c Scott Hall and Kevin Nash were under contract with WCW. The NWO storyline was their introduction to the WCW audience. The reason it seemed much more "real" than other storylines was because most fans didn't know that either had left WWF, thus, they truly believed that WWF had sent people to "invade" WCW. If they had internet forums and whatnot the way we do today that storyline wouldn't have been nearly as successful b/c the moment Hall and Nash opted to leave WWF and sign with WCW, it would be all over the wrestling new sites, lol.

-whistles-

This is an epic statement.

Rich Cranium
10-30-2010, 10:23 PM
You mean the NWO wasn't real? OMG!! - Sorry, I had to.