PDA

View Full Version : ROH set to create a women division - who do you want?

xAzureSkye
03-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Well current (and only) ROH female wrestler Mia Yim talked to Diva-Dirt about ROH starting a women's division - “I really hope I’m involved. I don’t know [many] details about it besides that next year… I was just told that next year they’re going to be starting a women’s division. I don’t know if they’re going to have their own belt or anything.”

So if ROH were to start a women's division (and I can guarantee it will be the best one on television) who would you pick for it?

I'd have Mia Yim, MsChif, Candice LaRae, Taeler Hendrix, Martie Belle, Jazz, Nikki Roxx, Rain, Angela Fong, Barbi Hayden (the 'eye candy' for the division) and Cheerleader.

Necroyeti
03-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Really, what's the point? They did pretty much fuck all when they were partnered with Shimmer through Prazak, (pretty sure every match had some combination of Del Ray, Haze and MsChif) most fans only mildly cared at best, and even the match quality took a nosedive around 2010-2011 as they got less and less match time on the show. Besides, they're having serious problems building a decent midcard as it is without trying to jam some more shit in there.

Nontheless: Madison Eagles.

wrestlingfan66513
03-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Really, what's the point? They did pretty much fuck all when they were partnered with Shimmer through Prazak, (pretty sure every match had some combination of Del Ray, Haze and MsChif) most fans only mildly cared at best, and even the match quality took a nosedive around 2010-2011 as they got less and less match time on the show. Besides, they're having serious problems building a decent midcard as it is without trying to jam some more shit in there.

I kind of agree with this. If they get money then they should use it for production quality of their show or marketing

HCollins-TNA1
03-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Not until they get a better TV deal.... It no doubt they will give the Knockouts a run for their money...

SilverGhost
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM
A women's division sounds like a good idea for ROH but NOT FUCKING NOW!!

S.E. Zero
03-16-2012, 01:10 AM
A women's division sounds like a good idea for ROH but NOT FUCKING NOW!!

This. They dont need it right now but it would give ROH great roster depth in a future time when they get a better TV deal.

Robareid
03-16-2012, 03:34 AM
They can't build the three divisions they have as it is for PPVs, building only four or five matches from an eight match card at the last PPV, so throwing in another division would do more harm than good. I'm not against a women's division, but they simply don't have the time right now. He'll, I'd want them to have three hours a week for that to be added, because with the one hour show they have to alternate between feuds each week, and two hours would give them just enough time to cover most of their feuds each week

Tommy Thunder
03-16-2012, 05:22 AM
It's a good idea for ROH to have a womens division in the long term, but right now isn't the time IMO. they need to keep building the company and get a better TV deal first, then think about doing it.

eboy
03-16-2012, 11:52 AM
It's a good idea for ROH to have a womens division in the long term, but right now isn't the time IMO. they need to keep building the company and get a better TV deal first, then think about doing it.

I think part of getting a new TV Deal would be building a Womans division. a TV Station will want a product that caters to everyone. also remember they said next year, so we'll see what the state of ROH is nearer the time before judging what the succsess or lack of with be. ROH also needs to expand its main roster first.

xAzureSkye
03-16-2012, 02:05 PM

They had a womens division back from 2001 - 2005. It dissolved for a while then it returned with MsChif, Del Rey, Daizee Haze and Amazing Kong usually facing each other or other indy wrestlers

Necroyeti
03-16-2012, 02:30 PM
They had a womens division back from 2001 - 2005.
No they didn't.

xAzureSkye
03-16-2012, 02:43 PM
No they didn't.

It wasnt a 'real' division, (and it was actually 2003 - 2005 my bad) it was like the WWF womens division of 1980s. They had a few regulars (Allison Danger, Mickie James, Lacey, Sumie Sakai) and other that would have competed a few times along with girls who only came to ROH for one match (they were usually SHIMMER athletes)

Necroyeti
03-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Shimmer only started up in 2006.

If ROH genuinely had a women's division, which I'm positive they didn't, it was obviously awful enough for me to completely block it from memory. I've watched just about every ROH show from the first one until late 2004, and I can only remember a grand total of three women's matches - one of those was a mixed tag match with Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter, and another was on one of the "Do or Die" DVDs. (which essentially consist of dark matches featuring noob wrestlers, hardly anyone from the main roster at all) Certainly nothing substantial.

There may have been a fair few female wrestlers in ROH back then, (Becky Bayless is another "name" indy wrestler) but I assure you, they pretty much just served as valets for the multiple stables that were kicking about in those days.

pauadrian
03-16-2012, 09:12 PM
maria kanellis is going to be in that division and is the first signing she is called the first lady of roh

Robareid
03-17-2012, 02:47 AM

If ROH genuinely had a women's division, which I'm positive they didn't, it was obviously awful enough for me to completely block it from memory. I've watched just about every ROH show from the first one until late 2004, and I can only remember a grand total of three women's matches - one of those was a mixed tag match with Slyk Wagner Brown and April Hunter, and another was on one of the "Do or Die" DVDs. (which essentially consist of dark matches featuring noob wrestlers, hardly anyone from the main roster at all) Certainly nothing substantial.

There may have been a fair few female wrestlers in ROH back then, (Becky Bayless is another "name" indy wrestler) but I assure you, they pretty much just served as valets for the multiple stables that were kicking about in those days.

I've watched all the shows from the start to one year anniversary and there have been a couple of womens matches.

Alexis Laree (Mickie James)
Trinity
Ariel
Alison Danger

They're the four I can think of for actually having matches

HCollins-TNA1
03-17-2012, 01:33 PM

2005 actually...
Which if I'm not mistaken they did have certain women who was regulars Daizee Haze and Becky Bayless and MsChif is three names that comes to mind when you think the 1st 5 years of ROH.. More then likely the later half of the being 04, 05 and 06...

Cabers
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Not now build the roster first expand to two hours a week and then get back to me.

nrb6304
03-18-2012, 05:48 AM
keep women division OUT of ROH. For the love of god

jordan1995
03-20-2012, 05:45 PM
wasn't there a divas match in 2010 with awesome kong , a tag match or something ? , i remember the crowd chanting fuck the divas and only cheering for Kong ?

Robareid
03-21-2012, 03:02 PM
wasn't there a divas match in 2010 with awesome kong , a tag match or something ? , i remember the crowd chanting fuck the divas and only cheering for Kong ?

Final Battle methinks

xAzureSkye
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM

Awesome Kong and Daizee vs Serena and Sara Del Rey

xAzureSkye
03-21-2012, 04:39 PM

it was because Serena was recently let go by WWE at that point.

jordan1995
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
it was because Serena was recently let go by WWE at that point.

ah things make sense now , it seem ages ago , time flies ....