PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League:The Last 8 and beyond

Juvenile Junkie
03-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Well,the bast 8 teams in Europe for this season are here.From 7 different countries,which is absolutely brilliant,the way it should always be.Nice diversity of leagues,big teams,minnows,sleeping giants,best teams of a generation etc etc.

They Are:

AC Milan
APOEL Nikosia
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Benfica
Chelsea
Marseille
Real Madrid

So any dream draws???

Steve Austin
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Bayern Munich v Benfica
APOEL vs Milan
Chelsea v Marseille
Madrid v Barca

Bayern v Chelsea
Milan v Barca

Chelsea v Barca

That's what I want!

Juvenile Junkie
03-15-2012, 12:35 PM
How about Chelsea versus Real Madrid? Return Of The Jose!

Juvenile Junkie
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Real Madrid vs Chelsea
AC Milan vs Marseille
Benfica vs APOEL
Barcelons vs Bayern Munich

Steve Austin
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
How about Chelsea versus Real Madrid? Return Of The Jose!

Yeah wouldn't be bad either, would be classic Mourinho to leave on a league and CL win.

I love watching Barca though, especially against English teams other than Liverpool, would both be great games!

Juvenile Junkie
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Real vs Chelsea

Juvenile Junkie
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah wouldn't be bad either, would be classic Mourinho to leave on a league and CL win.

I love watching Barca though, especially against English teams other than Liverpool, would both be great games!

I kinda miss that Liverpool team in Europe.Their fans,Rafa's tactical nouse and the mind-boggling team would could beat Inter or Real Madrid away from home and then go lose to Barnsley or Wigan

Steve Austin
03-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I kinda miss that Liverpool team in Europe.Their fans,Rafa's tactical nouse and the mind-boggling team would could beat Inter or Real Madrid away from home and then go lose to Barnsley or Wigan

I miss those days :')

pauadrian
03-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Well,the bast 8 teams in Europe for this season are here.From 7 different countries,which is absolutely brilliant,the way it should always be.Nice diversity of leagues,big teams,minnows,sleeping giants,best teams of a generation etc etc.

They Are:

AC Milan
APOEL Nikosia
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Benfica
Chelsea
Marseille
Real Madrid
So any dream draws???

Barcelona vs Chelsea
milan vs madrid
marselle vs nikosia
beneficia vs munich

Y2Jryder
03-16-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm still not over the fact that APOEL is with the last 8. While Ajax could be there.

#ScrewYouLyon

Wade Barrett 1979
03-16-2012, 04:45 AM
Still can't see beyond Barca.

My ideal Final would be Barca v Bayern.

Y2Jryder
03-16-2012, 05:14 AM
AC Milan is a dangerous outsider for me. They play good this tournament if you don't count that 3-0 against Arsenal.
Ibrahimovic really wants to win the CL.

But I'll think Barca or Real are the top favorites and teams like APOEL, Benfica and Marseille shouldn't stand a chance to go through the next round. (Or maybe If they have to play against each other:p)

Y2Jryder
03-16-2012, 06:05 AM
AC Milan vs Barca interesting match.

APOEL Nicosia (Cyp)
-
Real Madrid (Spa)

Olympique Marseille (Fra)
-
Bayern München (Dui)

Benfica (Por)
-
Chelsea (Eng)

AC Milan (Ita)
-
Barcelona (Spa)

Y2Jryder
03-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Semi-finals

Olympique Marseille/Bayern München
-
APOEL Nicosia/Real Madrid

Benfica/Chelsea
-
AC Milan/Barcelona

Steve Austin
03-16-2012, 06:23 AM
No Chelsea v Barca final then :/

It's gonna be Barca Madrid!

AC V Barca is always a cracker!

Juvenile Junkie
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
All roads may lead to EL CLASICO final

Juvenile Junkie
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM
UEFA Europa League draw live (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/draws/index.html)Quarter (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/draws/index.html)
UEFA Europa League draw live (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/draws/index.html)Quarter-final draw: AZ v Valencia, Schalke v Athletic, Sporting v Metalist, Atlético v Hannover. Atlético and Valencia could meet in the semis; our DrawCentre has reaction and analysis. (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/draws/index.html)-final draw: AZ v Valencia, Schalke v Athletic, Sporting v Metalist, Atlético v Hannover. Atlético and Valencia could meet in the semis; our DrawCentre has reaction and analysis. (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/draws/index.html)

Juvenile Junkie
03-16-2012, 08:01 AM
There is a good chance of 5 out of 8 semi-finalists in Europe being from Spain.Now some people believe that having x amount of quarter and semi-finalists makes you the best league in the world,if there is such a thing,I don't,for me its just the winner that matters,nobody will remember the beaten quarter and semi-finalists in 15 years time,but for any league 5 out of 8 is not bad.

Plus the Spanish are humble about these sort of things,if it was England or Italy,we would never hear the end of it.

Steve Austin
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Barca/Chelsea v Madrid/Bayern

That's the final pretty much. Chelsea or Bayern may play amazing or get lucky but those 3 teams look likely to be in the CL final.

As for Europa, I wanted an Athletic v Schalke final, not gonna happen so I'll go Athletic v Sporting.

pauadrian
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I want chelsea to beat barcelona if they face off

Pumpkinhead
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
We should have Barca-Madrid final, but Milan have good chances to ruin the party, I have the feeling Benfica will knock out Chelsea, Bayern should not have any troubles

No one thought Inter could eliminate Barca a few years ago and they did it!!

pauadrian
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
saw highlights for hannover and liege that was a fuckup by liege two own goals wow

Y2Jryder
03-17-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm hoping for a Sporting - AZ final

Juvenile Junkie
03-17-2012, 08:10 AM
We could have a Madrid derby in the Super Cup!It would also be La Liga's 5th UEFA Cup in 9 years!

magglis
03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Are you ready for APOEL action!!!

Steve Austin
03-27-2012, 01:27 PM

COME ON APOEL!

(Recording that game cause I wanna watch Chelsea :p )

Pumpkinhead
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Good luck to APOEL, you know taht I can't imagine you get past Madrid but good luck still!!!

Y2Jryder
03-27-2012, 01:32 PM
The channel that broadcasts CL on free TV decided to air the APOEL - REAL game instead of the Benfica- Chelsea game. What's wrong with them?

Y2Jryder
03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1985934_700b.jpg

Y2Jryder
03-27-2012, 02:35 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/3585970_700b.jpg

Steve Austin
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
APOEL 0 Madrid 3 - Kaka, Benzema 2

Benfica 0 Chelsea 1 - Kalou

Pumpkinhead
03-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Milan 0-0 Barcelona

Marsella 0-2 Bayern

Y2Jryder
03-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Even though APOEL lost they can be proud of themselves:)

VanHooliganX
03-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Even though APOEL lost they can be proud of themselves:)

Indeed.

The draw was cruel to them but they've done Cyprus proud. They can say they got further than most English teams and a few Spanish/Italian teams :)

Tommy Thunder
03-29-2012, 04:52 AM
Caught the last 30 mins of the Milan vs Barca game. Some nice football being played in that match, but not a lot of action in front of goal (I understand there were a few chances in the first half, and Barca were denied a penalty). It wasn't as good as the group stage matches they had against each other.
Saw Abbiati make a couple of great saves towards the end. Plus, massive shoutout to Massimo Ambrosini. He was like a boss for Milan fair play to him. Great to see Nesta have a great game too (shame he went off with an injury) and Seedorf too. Amazes me how players like that can still perform at their age.

Advantage Barca as Milan failed to score at home, but you can never count them out. If they can get the first goal at the Nou Camp, then the pressure is on Barca. Barca haven't been at their best this season, so Milan are far from out of this IMO.

As for the rest of the ties, pretty much what I expected. Bayern and Madrid are well on their way through, and I don't expect Benfica to be a problem for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, although you never know.

Steve Austin
03-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Caught the last 30 mins of the Milan vs Barca game. Some nice football being played in that match, but not a lot of action in front of goal (I understand there were a few chances in the first half, and Barca were denied a penalty). It wasn't as good as the group stage matches they had against each other.
Saw Abbiati make a couple of great saves towards the end. Plus, massive shoutout to Massimo Ambrosini. He was like a boss for Milan fair play to him. Great to see Nesta have a great game too (shame he went off with an injury) and Seedorf too. Amazes me how players like that can still perform at their age.

Advantage Barca as Milan failed to score at home, but you can never count them out. If they can get the first goal at the Nou Camp, then the pressure is on Barca. Barca haven't been at their best this season, so Milan are far from out of this IMO.

As for the rest of the ties, pretty much what I expected. Bayern and Madrid are well on their way through, and I don't expect Benfica to be a problem for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, although you never know.

It was a great game of football, best 0-0 I've seen for a while.

I talked about Abbiati yesterday, he's been this good for years and it's about time he played!

Nesta, Ambrosini and Seedorf are credits to football.

It may be advantage Barca but Milan will be looking at the fact if they get 1-1 they go through, not many teams play like that against Barca.

Those other 3 seem certaintys.

Looking like a good semi final!

Pumpkinhead
04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Good effort Milan but we all your injuries you wren't goin to make it

Bayern win with no surprises here, watch out from them!!!!

Steve Austin
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Real Madrid 2-0 Apoel

Chelsea 3-1 Benfica

Y2Jryder
04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
I predict that tonight is going to be really boring