PDA

View Full Version : KING OF THE RING: Will King Regal be involved? An who should be the next?

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-29-2010, 06:43 AM
With the next KOTR coming this year on November 29, 2010 do you think that William Regal will play some kind of part in this considering he won the last one? An if somebody were to claim the throne from Regal then who should it be? I think that out of everybody on the roster that Goldust should win it. I mean doesn't KING Goldust have a ring to it? ;)

State your thoughts below!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Goldust would be great as the KOTR winner but I feel there is only one person that will win KOTR and he is simply AWESOME, you guessed it THE MIZ. Think about it, he has the money in the bank briefcase and now winning the KOTR he would be even more of a cocky little bastard than he is already. I can hear it now KING MIZ, now that my friends has a nice ring to it. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
because im KING MIZ and im AWESOME

http://www.hrp.org.uk/Images/crown-jewels.jpg
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR3pNqVVjc1bJ0eDchbGwoKwGD1EEZn wn9sZKCCuGHDo5vDiQ&t=1&h=182&w=153&usg=___k7FQBFSjs28rmac7L2BbbDRBrY=

Cain
10-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Goldust is a good choice. That could setup a regaldust feud.

Miz is a good one too.

I think Daniel Bryan should get it. He already has that WTF sounding them that all kingofthering winners end up using after winning.

cubco
10-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Alberto Del Rio.

After all, in Mexico he is 'royalty'.

The King Del Rio vs The Peasent Mysterio

the wrestling shade
10-29-2010, 07:14 AM
i still think that william regal should win the king of the ring and if its possiable evey king of the ring thats yet to come why? because simply wwe owe him that this man is a great wrestler and at least they should give him somthing to brag about when he enters the hall of fame

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 07:29 AM
Dustin, Sheamus, Danielson, Punk, Del Rio, possibly Cody, Wade, aaand mayve MVP, providing this so-called heat wears off

AgeoftheFallguy
10-29-2010, 07:32 AM
If Miz was KOTR I feel it would again defeat the perpose of him having money in the bank. Just as it was stupid for him to have US title and MITB. What if Regal passed on the crown to Dragon, Punk did mention that Regal trained him last week on Raw and that Shawn Micheals only took 3 grand from him. I know it would be a little bit of a diffrent take on what they have been doign with him so far but he has beaten ziggler twice so far in some pretty great matches. Maybe they want to really showcase his dominance over some other midcard guys.

Cain
10-29-2010, 07:41 AM
If Miz was KOTR I feel it would again defeat the perpose of him having money in the bank. Just as it was stupid for him to have US title and MITB. What if Regal passed on the crown to Dragon, Punk did mention that Regal trained him last week on Raw and that Shawn Micheals only took 3 grand from him. I know it would be a little bit of a diffrent take on what they have been doign with him so far but he has beaten ziggler twice so far in some pretty great matches. Maybe they want to really showcase his dominance over some other midcard guys.

HUZZAH! You took the words right out of my mouth. Only more intelligently! D:

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 07:53 AM
I dont think any one has said it and i think it could be the surprise package but, what about Jack Swagger.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 07:57 AM
HUZZAH! You took the words right out of my mouth. Only more intelligently! D:

Haha, oh dear! How would you spell 'purpose'?

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-29-2010, 07:59 AM
I dont think any one has said it and i think it could be the surprise package but, what about Jack Swagger.

This could be possible.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:05 AM
King Swagger has a good ring to it. He's already king of Oklahoma :D

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Anyone know when christian is back, any time within the next month. i think they need to give it to someone less obvious, like swagger or actually anyone from smackdown.

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I wouldnt expect Captain Charisma back until the new year, if I were you..

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt expect Captain Charisma back until the new year, if I were you..

too bad, i think this would have been perfect for him,

pedro3795
10-29-2010, 08:30 AM
i think is better not to have another king gimmick,,

FaceOfSpades
10-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Goldust is a good choice. That could setup a regaldust feud.

Miz is a good one too.

I think Daniel Bryan should get it. He already has that WTF sounding them that all kingofthering winners end up using after winning.

lol i could see it now...
my choice is david hart smith though cuz its cliche and a shock at the same time

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:40 AM
DHS!! Didn't even think of him. Hart-Smith for King. Failing that, gimme Goldust or Swagger

Bodom
10-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Its a shame Funaki is no longer there.

Funaki for King!!

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Even as king he'd rock the SD! trunks

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Its a shame Funaki is no longer there.

Funaki for King!!

Funaki-Ledgend.

NightWolf
10-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Funaki-Ledgend.

The only future Ledgend is EDGE. Funaki will just be a regular ole' Legend. :cool:

Splattered-Dreams
10-29-2010, 08:54 AM
The only future Ledgend is EDGE. Funaki will just be a regular ole' Legend. :cool:

Fair call!

Bam
10-29-2010, 09:00 AM
The Swagger Soaring Eagle!

But Jack Asswagger will do..

AgeoftheFallguy
10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
so i had a typo sue me, also I know they have been all over the Lebelle Lock with Dragon but I think it would be funny if he went back to being
Mr Small Package and used small package to win a few matches.

jethro
10-29-2010, 10:05 AM
The next possible King of the ring candidate - Sheamus,Alberto and Daniel Bryan.

Regal suspended because of failed drug test was it? I wonder what happen if he pass the test,he was on a roll that time - gm of raw and kotr08 winner,couldve be WWE champion too.

Tommy Thunder
10-29-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm going to put my money on: Albertooooooooooo, deeeeeeeeeeeel Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooo to win it.

REAL, infinite wisdom.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
Ezekiel 25:17.

Kid_Gangsta
10-29-2010, 12:04 PM
i was thinking Punk, and Del Rio but Rio is on SD!, and Punk is tide up right now i believe so the next choice is Sheamus. Hes been out of the tittle picture and he has nothing to do so it would make sense...

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
i was thinking Punk, and Del Rio but Rio is on SD!, and Punk is tide up right now i believe so the next choice is Sheamus. Hes been out of the tittle picture and he has nothing to do so it would make sense...

I am sure if it came down to it the WWE would find a way to put C.M Punk in the KOTR Tournament. But it might end up being one of the younger guys that we aren't even thinking about like Drew McINTYRE, R-Truth, Santino Marella (for the giggles) or even Zack Ryder. It may even end in a comedic fashion an Jerry Lawler wins the KOTR tournament. Who knows! :rolleyes:

wallyman
10-29-2010, 01:59 PM
i am sorry to say this but regal has spoken of his dislike...i am guessin he will lose to santino as the ultimate sign of disrespect...just sayin wwe doesnt appreciate talent

Mr. McMahon
10-29-2010, 03:46 PM
I honestly think Miz should win, hear me out before you disagree.

If you haven't noticed yet, WWE is grooming Miz to be the next poster boy. The huge push he has gotten lately, the MITB, 2x U.S title wins, World/WWE tag title run etc... They are making MIZ the next big star, with his merch, new song and catchphrase. They need to push this guy like crazy but they dont want to rush it, they want to give him a nice lengthy gradual push that will pay off bigtime. They have pushed too many guys way too fast (Sheamus, Swagger) and the fans aren't really into them. WWE is using doing a smart thing buy giving Miz a smooth transitional push, the one similar to Stone Cold and Rock.

It would make sense to have Miz with KOTR, it would just add more to his mid card push and make him look more stronger and credible than before. Another reason is that no bigger star has put Miz over. He hasn't feuded with any of the big guys like Edge, Cena, Orton... His feud with Cena last summer was a complete squash. They are pushing him hard, he has to win KOTR to look credible since he lost the U.S title. I can see Miz turning face next year after WM and cashing MITB the way RVD did it.

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I honestly think Miz should win, hear me out before you disagree.

If you haven't noticed yet, WWE is grooming Miz to be the next poster boy. The huge push he has gotten lately, the MITB, 2x U.S title wins, World/WWE tag title run etc... They are making MIZ the next big star, with his merch, new song and catchphrase. They need to push this guy like crazy but they dont want to rush it, they want to give him a nice lengthy gradual push that will pay off bigtime. They have pushed too many guys way too fast (Sheamus, Swagger) and the fans aren't really into them. WWE is using doing a smart thing buy giving Miz a smooth transitional push, the one similar to Stone Cold and Rock.

It would make sense to have Miz with KOTR, it would just add more to his mid card push and make him look more stronger and credible than before. Another reason is that no bigger star has put Miz over. He hasn't feuded with any of the big guys like Edge, Cena, Orton... His feud with Cena last summer was a complete squash. They are pushing him hard, he has to win KOTR to look credible since he lost the U.S title. I can see Miz turning face next year after WM and cashing MITB the way RVD did it.

He has to cash in before WM so that wont happen, they wont push him as the top heel of the wwe to make him face within months, he will be heel for a long time.

he's got his push and i think they will let someone else who they want to push win the KOTR, like swagger etc.

Mr. McMahon
10-29-2010, 04:06 PM
no he doesn't have to cash it before WM. He won his MITB on the MITB PPV, NOT at WM. So he still has till about June/July to cash in MITB, its one year.

I am giving a guarantee its gonna be the Miz

TNA 'The very best'
10-29-2010, 04:14 PM
no he doesn't have to cash it before WM. He won his MITB on the MITB PPV, NOT at WM. So he still has till about June/July to cash in MITB, its one year.

I am giving a guarantee its gonna be the Miz

I was under the impression that he has to cash it in before WM as they want to do anothe MITB at WM and they dont want to have too people with cases, either way he will cash it in soon and he prob will win KOTR but i dont think he should, just my opinion.

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 03:39 AM
Kofi to win!!!

Was there was ever a more apt name for royalty in the wwe than KING KOFI KINGSTON!

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
i am sorry to say this but regal has spoken of his dislike...i am guessin he will lose to santino as the ultimate sign of disrespect...just sayin wwe doesnt appreciate talent

If I were a wrestler I think it would be an honor to have my losing match to be against Santino Marella. But I would ask for it to be a serious match an not a who can 'out-funny who' match. Plus he has beaten a lot of top performers in a WWE ring. But I can see where you are coming from. I think if he were to have a series of losing matches then William Regal should have them against Daniel Bryan or Goldust. I mean the biggest honor for Regal right now is being 'King Of The Ring' an out of every superstar only a few deserve such a title. I would have said Chris Jericho, but he's gone for now. An King Jericho would have sounded cool to say an hear.