PDA

View Full Version : PS3, 360 or the WII?

Vegas
03-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Which one of these three systems do you believe to be the best?

The Brown One
03-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I voted Xbox 360. But why do people never put in PC? I think quite a few of us like that.

JSullivan
03-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Prepare for Xbox take-over thread.

Seriously though, Owned a PS3 once. It sucked mad dick. Owned an XBox 360 at the same time. Blew the PS3 out of the sky. Forget about Blu-Ray, anyone who doesn't download bluray rips is mad anyway. Party chat > Blu Ray. Competition > Poor online.

Wii is good too for fun, especially if you take the time to mod it.

Vegas
03-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I voted Xbox 360. But why do people never put in PC? I think quite a few of us like that.

I was going to put PC but a lot of people I know say its not a gaming console

SilverGhost
03-09-2012, 04:07 PM
PC is better.

Pumpkinhead
03-09-2012, 05:52 PM
I did expected more ps3 support but I was wrong

JSullivan
03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I prefer Xbox to PC gaming, but only because PC gaming is so expensive.

It is better though, no doubt.

VanHooliganX
03-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Gameboy Colour. You're welcome.

Tomsta666
03-09-2012, 06:14 PM
I voted NONE, because i'm not a fanboy!! I do however own a 360 and a Wii, and look forward to owning a PS3 when money permits!! :cool:

SilverGhost
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
I prefer Xbox to PC gaming, but only because PC gaming is so expensive.

It is better though, no doubt.

Only building the PC is the money part(but then again....if you are tech savy, you can get a good computer at a good price). The games....if you know where to look....games are nothing lol

http://store.steampowered.com/

Price cuts and not standing in line> all

JSullivan
03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Only building the PC is the money part(but then again....if you are tech savy, you can get a good computer at a good price). The games....if you know where to look....games are nothing lol

http://store.steampowered.com/

Price cuts and not standing in line> all

Agreed.

I'm gonna be custom building a desktop next time I invest anyway, it's just annoying upgrading every year for a game to work. Obviously, it's an investment, but still!

SilverGhost
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Agreed.

I'm gonna be custom building a desktop next time I invest anyway, it's just annoying upgrading every year for a game to work. Obviously, it's an investment, but still!

If this happens, then something is wrong with your PC :P (or its probably a Mac xD)

Bodom
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I voted for the Xbox 360. It has a game library that appeals more to my tastes, so it get's my vote.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying it's a superior machine.

Bodom
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
If this happens, then something is wrong with your PC :P (or its probably a Mac xD)

Or not doing proper research.

JSullivan
03-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Oh lord, you wouldn't get me near a Mac.

I don't buy PC games often. tbh, which is why I probably need better spec for games I do want. I mostly play old ones, so they run fine anyway. I use my XBox for gaming, PC is mostly for video editing etc.

I voted for the Xbox 360. It has a game library that appeals more to my tastes, so it get's my vote.

Keep in mind that I'm not saying it's a superior machine.

I think XBL is the winner for me, along with the game choice.

PS3 has bluray and free online, but the online is bad, and BluRay = Meh. For me, Quality of gaming experience > Components.

My 2 cents.

SilverGhost
03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Or not doing proper research.

Lol xD I knew someone would fall for that obviousness.

CM Rock-Austin
03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Xbox 360 for me since you can't play Halo on the PS3! :cool:

twoot2
03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm suprised the PS3 had no votes. I went with PS3 because i've always preffered it over the X-box. Probably because the controls are easier to use :p

Bodom
03-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Xbox 360 for me since you can't play Halo on the PS3! :cool:

That's not necessarily a bad thing.....

SilverGhost
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM

Agreed. I can go without Halo if I had a 360.

Vegas
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Agreed, I actually dislike Halo

Tomsta666
03-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm suprised the PS3 had no votes. I went with PS3 because i've always preffered it over the X-box. Probably because the controls are easier to use :p

Aside from left stick position... Exactly the same?! :rolleyes:

CM Rock-Austin
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Agreed. I can go without Halo if I had a 360.

Agreed, I actually dislike Halo

To each it's own I guess.

Vegas
03-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Personally I like the 360 because of the Indy Games and The Arcade

Y2Jryder
03-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I voted PS3, just because I had a PS1 and a PS2 before the PS3.
I have no complainant about it so why should I switch to Xbox?

Tommy Thunder
03-12-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm shocked at the people who say the online for the PS3 is bad. In my experience the online gaming of the PS3 is far superior to that of the 360. I've never had any major issues with it, while on the 360, I've had so many moments where I could have thrown it against the wall had it not been my console.

Plus, the PS3 does offer arcade games to download, and the ones I've played have been excellent. They also have a vast archive of original PS and PS2 titles to download.

PS3 pwns here for me. Although, I have nothing major against the 360 since I've enjoyed playing on it a lot over the years, but I'm a PS guy through and through.
PC gaming is something I also like doing, but haven't been able to do for a few years due to not having a desktop for it.
The Wii is also a great little console IMO.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
I voted PS3... I've NEVER owned a Failbox and I never will. That system has had so many downfalls and burns that there's no way it can come back. Especially if they go disc free for the next system like they're saying. The system does not sell well anywhere but the USA... I dunno, I've gotten my bang for my PS3 buck. Never had any problems. No "red ring of death", even when the hack happened it wasn't as bad as the COD freaks made it out to be. Hell, Failbox has been hacked now for 3 months, IN THE PUBLICS EYES and they're like "meh, whatever." haha.

Blu-Ray is also fucking ace if you have an HDTV to play it on. Best picture and sound available.

Tommy Thunder
03-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I voted PS3... I've NEVER owned a Failbox and I never will. That system has had so many downfalls and burns that there's no way it can come back. Especially if they go disc free for the next system like they're saying. The system does not sell well anywhere but the USA... I dunno, I've gotten my bang for my PS3 buck. Never had any problems. No "red ring of death", even when the hack happened it wasn't as bad as the COD freaks made it out to be. Hell, Failbox has been hacked now for 3 months, IN THE PUBLICS EYES and they're like "meh, whatever." haha.

Blu-Ray is also fucking ace if you have an HDTV to play it on. Best picture and sound available.

My friend's Xbox red ringed 3 times in 1 year. That just epitomizes how much of a fail it is.
The 360 is also a lot noisier than the PS3 when it's running.

VanHooliganX
03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Personally I like the 360 because of the Indy Games and The Arcade

Agreed. I love playing XBLA games. A few are very badass to play :)

I semi avoid the indy games but a few are really great to play.

Steve Austin
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I had an Xbox 6 years and it never broke, you take care of it and it's fine!

I had a PS3, it was alright, prefer Xbox, especially Party Chat and the other players seem to be better at games like FIFA and COD.

My brothers both had a PS3 and they both broke within months. (About 4 or 5)

Oh and Rob, last time you posted something like that about Xbox the Playstation servers went down for months :p

zapphoman
03-12-2012, 11:41 AM
All the systems up there have their pros and cons...

Xbox 360- PROS: Has less exclusives. (that's a big plus for me. It shows Microsoft are not horribly money hungry.) Did Netflix first. Great and secure online!, and a large library of xbox live titles
CONS: Has less exclusives (always used as an argument to bring down it's worth), RROD (Worst thing about it), have to pay for online

PS3- PROS: Has a lot of exclusives, free online, blue ray player
CONS: HAS A LOT OF EXCLUSIVES!!! (My opinion but I hate exclusivity in video games. Creates fanboys who would rather die than admit that theres anything wrong with their precious system and that everything else is shit in comparison. Also shows that the companies aren't in it for the love of the games but for the money) Also never heard of a 360 hack that wasn't world wide news and Microsoft had to apologize for.

WII- Never had a WII and nor do I care too.

Y2Jryder
03-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Do people really game on a WII??

I mean come on, the WII is pretty cool when you're playing with it with your friend before you go to a club when you drunk enough beer..

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Do people really game on a WII??

I mean come on, the WII is pretty cool when you're playing with it with your friend before you go to a club when you drunk enough beer..

Currently, the Wii is the only system that allows me to play "The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword" so yes, my Wii gets used. Sometimes.

Y2Jryder
03-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Currently, the Wii is the only system that allows me to play "The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword" so yes, my Wii gets used. Sometimes. Zelda who???:p

Steve Austin
03-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Just bought a Wii, £40 with Mario Kart :)

Steve Austin
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM
Just bought a Wii, £40 with Mario Kart :)

Just returned my Wii :D

Y2Jryder
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM

you bought it for one day?:p

Steve Austin
03-29-2012, 09:25 AM
you bought it for one day?:p

Haha yeah, played it for about 30-40 mins and packed it up, took it back the following morning :p

VanHooliganX
04-01-2012, 04:52 AM

Pretty much sums the Wii up though.

Zero regret selling it.

Get the feeling the WII-U-UU-III-U-II-UU-I-UU-III-E-U-I-UUUUUUUUUU-II-U will be the same.

Mojo Tartarus
04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
PS3. Simply due to the fact I've only played Xbox briefly and I sold my Wii in no time.

Still like to break out the Neo Geo on occassion! :D

Giddy
04-02-2012, 09:56 PM
I voted XBox because I like the buttons/triggers better than PS3... and the other is Wii!