PDA

View Full Version : The Trademark Thread

VanHooliganX
03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Because it sounds better than saying "I calls dibs on" thread lol.

Okay so the point in this thread is to own names of wrestling moves, titles or catchphrases. Mainly just to stop any confusion of who had it first really if the event of someone ends up with the same title or something and just so you know what to avoid if you're thinking of a new character.

This was just a thought really.

So if I say:

Van Hooligan X trademarks "The Vanity" I can use it as my catchphrase or title.

Tomsta666
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm trademarking " Yer Doyle"

Not that anyone would use it anyway! :D

Kryptonite
03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
mine: The One

VanHooliganX
03-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm trademarking " Yer Doyle"

Not that anyone would use it anyway! :D

Curses! I wanted that 1! lol

Jacob Cass is trademarking "Highlight of the night"

Van Hooligan X is trademarking "The Vanity" Obviously lol

Oh and "Point of Convergence" I'm trademarking since I like writing my shows lol

Kryptonite
03-09-2012, 08:51 AM
should i trademark: i'm awesome, i'm the dude

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure I get it.
So if someone "trademarks" something, only said person can use it?

B-MCINTYRE
03-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Will I Am and Johnny Hot claim the phrase: The hottest commodity in all of E-Fedding... Which the WWE have suddenly started ripping off.

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure I get it.
So if someone "trademarks" something, only said person can use it?

Yes,exactly.

Pumpkinhead
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Holy pumpkinshit!!

also I want to trademark "Wrestling"

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes,exactly.

Just making sure I understood.

In that case, this thread is L.O.L. I mean seriously? Trademarking stuff? Please. We've had enough trouble with people taking e-fedding too seriously recently, this epitomizes taking e-fedding too serious perfectly!

I can understand things like ppv names, or names for the shows of each e-fed, but anything beyond that is just ridiculous if you ask me.

HolyJose2391
03-09-2012, 09:54 AM
Am I? Have I ever? Well I actually agree with TT here. This in the wrong context can show how efedding can be taken way to serious

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
There's nothing too serious here...Dont look at it as a trademark,just look at it as saying what phrases you use so others dont get confused and use them as well. Its just a little helper .

Torphy
03-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Yeah this is a pretty bad idea lol

What's to stop someone trademarking 'Monster Heel' or 'Best in the World'. Both are very generic in their own way and would be quite laughable if someone attempted to trademark. Names of finishers like my characters 'Lansdale Lockdown' or Ronaldo Romulus' 'Wrath of Remus' would be fair enough, and as TT says, show names, PPV names and such are all fine. But catchphrases? Y2J and Punk in WWE both claim to be 'the best in the world' (Y2J: At everything he does), it wouldn't work is what am saying.

It's basically like me saying "Erebus is a Monster Type wrestler therefore he can be the only one in any fed, please stop using Grind Bastard, Ano Doom, and every other Monster Type."

Or am I missing the point?

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:04 AM

What's to stop someone trademarking 'Monster Heel' or 'Best in the World'. Both are very generic in their own way and would be quite laughable if someone attempted to trademark. Names of finishers like my characters 'Lansdale Lockdown' or Ronaldo Romulus' 'Wrath of Remus' would be fair enough, and as TT says, show names, PPV names and such are all fine. But catchphrases? Y2J and Punk in WWE both claim to be 'the best in the world' (Y2J: At everything he does), it wouldn't work is what am saying.

It's basically like me saying "Erebus is a Monster Type wrestler therefore he can be the only one in any fed, please stop using Grind Bastard, Ano Doom, and every other Monster Type."

Your halfway right...Finishers and nicknames are what its for...Monster heel will never be used on a show so its irrelevant. Its just a way to keep names and phrases unique..Its not about gimmicks.

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Exactly. Here's an example:

I'm trademarking the nickname "The Venom knight". It's for a new character I'm planning that will be called Ano Doom (which I am also trademarking by the way).

See? It's not going to work people. It's a silly idea that will just cause conflict as people fight to "trademark" the things they want. That episode with R(ob) threatening to sue HWA over this type of thing is clear proof that this is a bad idea. Sorry to bring that up again, but it's a perfect example of how ridiculous an idea this is. That episode cause bad friction that ended sour.

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Exactly. Here's an example:

I'm trademarking the nickname "The Venom knight". It's for a new character I'm planning that will be called Ano Doom (which I am also trademarking by the way).

See? It's not going to work people. It's a silly idea that will just cause conflict as people fight to "trademark" the things they want. That episode with R(ob) threatening to sue HWA over this type of thing is clear proof that this is a bad idea. Sorry to bring that up again, but it's a perfect example of how ridiculous an idea this is. That episode cause bad friction that ended sour.

Thats a horrible example lol,why would you create a character just like mine?

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Thats a horrible example lol,why would you create a character just like mine?

What's to stop me?

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:10 AM
What's to stop me?

I dont need to explain that I dont think.

Torphy
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Your halfway right...Finishers and nicknames are what its for...Monster heel will never be used on a show so its irrelevant. Its just a way to keep names and phrases unique..Its not about gimmicks.

I think I get the point of it now, well I won't stop anyone doing this! If someone wants to call dibs on a specific phrase then fair play to them. It's not like anyone is going to intentionally steal someone elses ideas anyway :)

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
I dont need to explain that I dont think.

No, because there isn't anything to stop me lol!

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
I think I get the point of it now, well I won't stop anyone doing this! If someone wants to call dibs on a specific phrase then fair play to them. It's not like anyone is going to intentionally steal someone elses ideas anyway :)

Yea no one here is going to be serious about it and officially file a TM on things so stuff should be alright.

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
No, because there isn't anything to stop me lol!

Lol,deceny,Originality,creativity,to just name a few :p

Tommy Thunder
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol,deceny,Originality,creativity,to just name a few :p

Decency? HA! That's rich!
Well considering the Ano Doom type character has been done by a few guys here, I don't think the lack of creativity would be on my part.

SouthernBlood
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Decency? HA! That's rich!
Well considering the Ano Doom type character has been done by a few guys here, I don't think the lack of creativity would be on my part.

Alright then,moving on.

Pumpkinhead
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
as I tradedmarked the word wrestling, eveytime you said it you have to pay me 1000$ bwahahahahahaha!!!!

people everyone knows which are your characters and no one is going to stole you nicknames or something like that, and if someone do it

Don't take it seroiusly... is just efedding!!!

eyehatecena
03-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Holy pumpkinshit!!

also I want to trademark "Wrestling"

I hope pumpkin is not trademarked as I actually had to use that word when I posted a match in a show I wrote( the note for that match was *ignore pumpkin seed and stop watching @ ?????) On of the wrestlers had spit out a pumplin seed during the match, lol

VanHooliganX
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
It's just mainly to stop people from using certain phrases if you so wish them not too. That's it. You don't get lawyers involved or anything bullshitty like that, just to prevent people from accidentally using phrases you may not want them too.

If you don't like the idea, stay away from this thread and put all complaints here :) *points to the rubbish bin*

wrestlingfan66513
03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
If this thread does get taken seriously then I trademark these

"Mayhem Drive"
"Pure and Utter Mayhem"
"Night at the Opera"
"Sports Entertainment" (in your face pumpkinhead)

bearkg88
03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
should i trademark: i'm awesome, i'm the dude

I think that might cause the ban hammer to come out from some of the mods haha! jk Kryp

SLEEPY LOCO1
03-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I will be trademarking "The Natural Born Thrilla"

The Brown One
03-09-2012, 04:01 PM
This is gonna end up bad.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-09-2012, 05:05 PM
This is gonna end up bad.

Oh yeah lol.

By that rationale, I TM "Nigga" and any variation of the word henceforth. I also TM anything else that comes to my mind in future reference. Nigga.

Rated_R(ob)KO
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
By the way, horrible thread is horrible lol. This is quite possibly one of the WORST threads to come along... especially at a time like this. I'm not knocking anyone but, tread carefully.

Kashdinero
03-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm trademarking..

"Thread closed for being the most unnecessary thread in the history of EFeds."